LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Remember Plastic Pants When....

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Bet you are the hit

To answer the title. From when 67 years ago. or last night?

9 hours ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

To answer the title. From when 67 years ago. or last night?

Well, here's one answer: From the mid-1960's when, having already known for a long time about my attraction for wearing plastic, I ran across an ad in some catalog for adult-size plastic pants. I ordered a couple of pairs, waited anxiously for them to arrive, and when they did, I immediately put them on. Oh my, did I love the way they felt on me. Not long after that I found that Sears and Montgomery Ward sold unlined plastic bloomers, in plastic that might be soft and smooth on one order, or crinkly taffeta-pattern the next. Then after I finally got online in the mid-1990's I discovered DPF, had an order ready to send in, and discovered AC Medical, where I immediately ordered about twice as many items for around the same price. Ooeee, I was in heaven! Now I probably have a lifetime supply of plastic panties on hand from half a dozen different suppliers. As I type this I'm wearing translucent panties and skirt from AC Medical and loving the feeling.

Edited by vvp39
add words

From the 1960's I remember Kleinerts adult panties, a translucent white very smooth from 1964 to 1970. I found Carlyn's Kids in about 1982 and she had several kinds a grainy translucent, a smooth translucent and an opaque kind that were smooth on one side and grainy on the other. Then I found DPF in 83 and Comco. In the mid 1980's there was a kind of AB club out of CT that had Gary do their work for them but those weren't that good and tended to come apart at the seams, which kind of soured me on Gary for awhile, but that has changed and they're #1 for me. Also in the mid 1980's was a company out of MN called Wold that made panties out of a transparent material that was grainy on one side and smooth on the other. Sears was ove uneven quality. and there was the Salk Pro-Pant. In the early 1990's I found AC Medical under the name Agape. They make all kinds of panties and then they started dabbling in skirts and finally full-circle skirts when I started to mention them. They also liked my concept of the baby doll. In 2013 when Comco went OB I started looking for a substitue while keeping mum and then I found LL Medico and totally surprised everyone here with the news. I was not impressed with Babykins plastic panties because of the somewhat grainy material and the rather close fit, but the rubber ones are top of the line and very Middle 1950's childrens' . You can see my reviews which evaluate both as an incon product and an AB item. I did not like the Gerber as they were grainy when I saw them and do not bother with Gerber clones. Also in the mid 1980's there was a place in the mid-west call Tom's Plastic Pats, advertised in the DPF/nl. The service was abysmally slow and the product, called Nuvogue were very thin, quite transparent, and fell apart, tearing at the leg elastics. In the middle 1980', Jack Kowels had JK perfect personal products that had all kind so of things. Their best items were rubber panties, rubber shets and they made a rubber babydoll. all in heavy gauge rubber and in colors ivory, blue, yellow and little-girl PINK. I would like to find more to review. I wonder if there are still any Comco for sale anywhere, My standard of value are the ones Ihad in 1948 or 9 that I have described, the material was smooth and in retrospect, fairly thick but they were not soft and the color was a a translucent ecru or the like. In c1957 the little girl next door had in her sewing kit a pair of yellow snap-on baby panties that were starting to become hardened and resembled what a pair of LL Medico would be if they were dyed corn yellow, which seems pquite possible to do since the Gary 7 mil material is quite thick and could stand one or two hot water immersions. Comco could be dyed. I still have some of my old A C Meidcal skirts that must be 18 years old. If you want to see some ancient baby panty material look here http://other.sandralyn.net/panties.html

• Like 2

A dozen years ago or so, I was browsing in a second hand store, not sure of the name but the goodwill type, and I came across a "bundle" of used but cleaned rubber panties, the heavy duty style typical to what was used in institution settings in those days.

• 1 year later...

Interesting reflections. I was a 40’s child and don’t remember that far back. My memories are only of the Curity gauze diapers and only because they were used on me from the early 1950’s. Though I didn’t have a wetting problem, I was disciplined with diapers several times up until I turned 9. Being so big, she didn’t have plastic pants that fit me so I had to walk around in just the diapers which made me even more humiliated and ashamed. It also let her see when I’d end up wetting them. She would then stand me in front of my playmates and have them laugh and call me a baby. Though those days were horrible, I still remember how soft the cloth diapers felt and how pleasantly warm they felt when wet. Disposable diaper wearers just don’t know what they’re missing but I do... even now!

They did have panties that would fit a 10 year old of average size over some fairly thick diapers, they were the "super Large", "Big Baby", "Extra Large" etc both in rubber pant plastic (both called "rubber panties") for 3 generations)

• 1 year later...

I was born in the late 80's and as I continued to struggle with bedwetting as a teenager, my mother would buy me adult sized plastic pants and other bedwetter garmets from a place called Comco in Minnesota. They had a mail order catalog and then later a website.  The plastic pants came in a variety of color and styles and were very effective in stopping leaks from disposable diapers and as well as being plastic covers for cloth diapering.  There are still some Comco plastic pants in my dresser at my parents.

• 2 months later...

I was born in 1974 and my first memory of wearing plastic pants at a later age than normal was around 1979 at my aunt's house in Minnesota when being put to bed.  i wore diapers to bed throughout the 80s and my mom used to buy my adult sized plastic pants from  a company named Comco.  At first the plastic pants looked very much like the Gerber pants I see in old advertisements.  But later in the 80's they started coming in colors.

Just now, Floater said:

I was born in 1974 and my first memory of wearing plastic pants at a later age than normal was around 1979 at my aunt's house in Minnesota when being put to bed.  i wore diapers to bed throughout the 80s and my mom used to buy my adult sized plastic pants from  a company named Comco.  At first the plastic pants looked very much like the Gerber pants I see in old advertisements.  But later in the 80's they started coming in colors.

Over time, the crotch got wider, too

Just now, Floater said:

Why?  Did the diapers get bigger?

They wanted to accommodate the bigger AB diapers as best they could, going form about 8" in 1985 to about 11" or 12" in the final years

The story of the search for a replacement for Comco in 2014

• 4 weeks later...

Plastic pants are a funny thing in ABDL circles. They are far more than simply part of a cloth diaper. They are also an important element in their own right. When we published a book about a boy stealing plastic pants from a clothesline, we were inundated with tweets and emails from people who claimed to have down the same thing or seriously considered it.

It seems like most ABDL literature is a fictional rendition of what the author secretly wants for themselves.

• Like 1

How many times have I said that traditional baby panties and their big sisters merit their own forum?

See my poll in the DD Survey

• 2 months later...

I remember being diapered in cloth and Gerber plastic pants...I was 7 years old in 1951 when my Dad put me back into diapers. My mother was in the hospital for alcohol problems.. Our housemaid looked after me after school. After the first week when my Dad diapered me at bed time I was accepting being diapered, Then my Dad had to go out if town for ten days. At 8 pm Ruby our housemaid said it was time to get into my diaper, I was in shock! She reminded me that she did the laundry. Diapered I went off to sleep and woke up wet. The next night Ruby diapered me at 6 PM. After school   she asked how I liked being diapered at 6 PM? I said yes. Ruby said fine I know what little boys want, would you like be diapered when you come home from school? I didn't say anything and went straight to my bedroom and got on the changing table. When Friday afternoon came Ruby said that I would be in diapers the whole weekend. I enjoyed every minute of it. At diaper changes she would let use the toilet to poop. How ever if I had to poop before a change I was to use the diaper. On Sunday morning after breakfast I messed my diaper at 9 AM and was told I would be changed until Noon. Beside the smell I enjoyed a messy diaper. When Dad came Ruby convinced him I should be diapered after school until the next morning and all weekend. I was in heaven for four months!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

I always had a pair of plastic pants over my diapers as a child. I was born in the 70s and wore the plastic white Pampers but mom always put a plastic panty over them just to be sure. She actually called them rubber pants as well. Early on I thought the plastic was a type of rubber from her calling them that. I believe they were the usual Gerber type ones. I remember them having a more shiny side and a textured side. It made a swish sound when rubbing them. I was a little sensory with some things and loved the rustling sound of the plastic and swish of the surface. So I loved Gerber plastic pants. As I aged out of diaper and plastic pants I still missed wearing them. I would on occasion see them hanging on the rack in the baby aisles of stores and would always long to have a pair to wear again. As I got older I actually bought a few  of the large baby ones with the hopes of perhaps sewing together two pairs together .This would make a pair to put on that fits.  So it tided me over using the makeshift pair, but still longing for a proper fitting pair. So years later discovering all these incontinent sites on the internet I found sites selling exact replicas of Gerber ones in adult size! So I got a few and they we exactly the same! It was awesome to pull on a proper fitting pant. They were the VIP ones at the time. They of course dont make these at all anymore . So I take care of the pairs I still have and always love putting on a pair from time to time. I still wish I could get them still, some new ones would be great. All I see nowadays are Ebayers selling a pair for like over 100 dollars!! So many ABDL companies make replica diapers and stuff. I would so love to see a remake of those original vinyl Gerber pants.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

I thought that Sandra was such a gorgeousn name for rubber panties. I was very disappointed to find that they were made of grainy material

This is the perfect lpace to put a link to RUBBER PANTIES'R'US Go ahead; WALLOS in it. This thread should be in the JOIN THE CONVERSATION" section. There are over 3 dozen threads in thaere that you can jump into

Here is another gift from the early days in the US. The image is a link

RUBBER PANTY HALL OF FAME

On 5/31/2021 at 9:04 AM, Kintal Baby said:

Does anyone from England remember plastic pants called Kintal Brumas or Sandra ?

Yes, I remember all 3 of those and have a pair or 2 of each as well.  Sandra pants are still made but are just called Henleys now and they don't make the baby sizes now but still make the adult ones.

On 5/31/2021 at 9:04 AM, Kintal Baby said:

Does anyone from England remember plastic pants called Kintal Brumas or Sandra ?

I remember Sandra pants - they were the first ones I ever bought.  Oh the guilt...