LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Remember Plastic Pants When....

...and why we have the reputation that we do

• 1 year later...
Even now I still own a couple of the pants I can wear them no more

Wow, you guys make me glad I was born in the 70's. I was put in disposables the entire time, though I do very vaguely recall being put into plastic pants in addition to my "training pants" at around 3 years of age.

I used plastic pants and cloth diapers probably because my older brother and sister were in them (I wonder if it was their's that I using) even though disposables were available.

Edited by 2sail2

The old plastic (rubber) pants had leg elastic that irritated my legs, although I don't distinctly remember wearing them. Maybe I remember my brother's legs being red from them.

I have absolutely no memories of wearing diapers, as I was toilet trained shortly after turning 2, but there are pictures of me in cloth diapers and plastic pants. I was born at the tail end of 1980 so I know disposables were available, not sure why my mom went with cloth. My sister and brother, younger by 4 and 6 years, wore disposable. I remember my mom buying Pampers. My aunt did use cloth diapers and plastic pants for my cousins, who were born in the 90's.

I'm a really old codger. born in 1942. As a baby and small child, I of course wore cloth diapers. From my toddler days, I remember rubber pants that came in a cardboard tube about the same diameter as a toilet paper roll and maybe twice as long. I have no idea what the brand was, but I recall that they were blue (since I was a boy, I presume) and

I sure remember plastic pants. I was born in the early seventies and those plastic disposables were used then. I was put in them and remember the nice thickness and shiny white crinkly plastic they had. I also was for some reason put into pair of those Gerber plastic pants. It was obviously for added protection. I loved the shiny white plastic they were made of. They also had kind of a swishy sound if you rubbed the surface. So

Here are some things for you from RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME

http://other.sandralyn.net/rphof.html (Includes on steampunk pair)

http://other.sandralyn.net/fave.html

http://sandralyn.net/rpslideshow.html

Edited by Christine Daryleanne
correction
  • 1 month later...

Here are some things for you from RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME

http://other.sandralyn.net/rphof.html (Includes on steampunk pair)

http://other.sandralyn.net/fave.html

http://sandralyn.net/rpslideshow.html

Christine, (with reference to my post of 22nd September) These are the "SOUTH BUCKS"

• 9 months later...

I was born in the early 50's and, of coarse, I was cloth diapered just like everyone else. I know that there are a lot of folks that have read that there were disposable diapers back in the sixties and seventies but I never saw or heard anything about them until the early seventies right after I came back to the world.

I also wet my bed until I was 11 years old and most every night and when ever I was sick, we took a road trip, or whenever my mother thought I might need one, the diapers and plastic pants came out. I also wore Rubber pants but my Mother always called waterproof pants Rubber Pants, regardless of what they were made of. Looking back on those days I remember that I preferred the Rubber Pants because they didn't leak like the plastic pants did and I really Hated leaks so my Mother would use two pair of plastic pants over my double diapers at night.

I also remember how embarrassed I'd get when my mother would take me shopping and we'd turn into the isle with the baby pants and diapers. I can still see the Elevator (with and Elevator Operator) and the ride up to the third floor for Women's Clothing, Children's Clothing and Sundries. Mother always wanted me to Try Everything On to see if it would fit and this included Plastic Pants. Back then there was always a Clerk that would help and I would have to stand there while my Mother and the Clerk would talk about my diapers and which pants fit the best and then my mother or the clerk would be holding different pants up to my diapered butt or pulling a pair on over my diapers and shorts so I could model them in front of the three way mirror.

• Like 1

My Mom put cloth Curity prefold cotton gauze stretch diapers on me. I don't remember the plastic pants but surely I must have had them to reduce leakage. I may have been double diapered sometimes for night time. She must have let me wear them for a while because she caught me pulling poop out and drawing on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 06/02/2011 at 11:05 PM, pampywamp said:

i 2 was born in the 60s havent any memories of being diapered but i wore cloth wiyh plastic pants i remember them being sold in chemists they used 2 be packaged like a tube cant remember the brand :girl_baby:

The Henleys Sandra

Why do you think that I consider disposable diapers a big nothingburger?

and the material feels soooo feminine, the panties were usually associated with a baby sister and there were times that girls under 7 or 8 were normally diapered, so any boy over 4-1/2 found the idea of having the panties put on them "just like a baby girl" quite cringeworthy and so did most girls

In fact, I wonder if the panties don't generate more commotion than the diapers, since it was said "diapers and rubber panties" or just "rubber panties"

krissipanties.jpg

I was in cloth diapers and plastic pants as a baby/toddler and also in Pampers. One of my favorite pictures of me is one where I am in diapers and plastic pants and a t-shirt riding my tricycle. I was three years old when it was taken.