LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Largest Baby Diapers?

lildiaperboy

In addition, Pampers makes Baby Dry 6

All of those diapers are intended for larger toddlers with differing body shapes. Some will fit an individual baby better than the others.

Outside the USA there are many places where baby/toddler disposables fit people over 88 pounds

• Like 2

thanks opinions about whats best? I think I might try to squeeze myself into some baby diapers this week, if they don't fit then I will just end up using them as doublers...But anyways I am being optimistic at the moment...

True, I'm a DL and not AB but I always wondered what the fasination is with actual baby diapers and why some adults like to try and squeeze into them. They can't be comfortable to wear or fit an adult body right. Is it the look of them? How they smell? Or is it just the fact that they are real baby diapers? Personally, I want adult size diapers that will fit me properly, are comfortable to wear and will hold an adult wetting. I would think adults who are AB's would feel much more babyish in a properly fitting diaper that is sized to their body proportionally than trying to squeeze into a baby diaper that dosn't fit proportionally. You wouldn't look much like a real baby in a sausage skin tight baby diaper as opposed to a well fitting adult sized diaper. I see pictures from the gallery and those who wear properly fitting adult diapers do look more babyish and realistic than those who try and squeeze into pull ups or baby diapers.

I tried pampers cruiser before you still need a tape to hold it & being a baby diapers it can only hold one wetting and you have to control the speed of your pee. If you want your diapers to look babyish simple just buy any baby preferable non-cloth back and stuff it as shown in pampers chu video http://vimeo.com/8804830.

Note: I do not recommend using pampers cruiser as stuffer as the top tape area print is on the cloth itself when you remove the cloth backing the elmo is gone :(

• Like 2

Anybody else notice Pampers size 7 disappearing? None of my local grocery stores carry them anymore.

The short answer is, Yes, Daily Diaper members have noticed everything related to Pampers Cruisers Size 7 since their introduction in late 2006. After the original publicity and advertising push, parents did not accept Size 7 in expected quantities. Retailers reacted by reducing subsequent order quantity to the minimum satisfying their SAMI shelf-space contract with P&G.

As has been discussed many times, the absorbent core of Cruisers Sizes 5, 6 and 7 are nearly identical. The difference between Sizes 5 and 6 is the material beyond the absorbent core. Toddlers larger and more mature than fir correctly in Size 4 are starting to hold urine and void in significant spurts. But, over a reasonable period, those older and slightly larger toddlers do not discharge much more urine.

P&G spent a fortune designing and building a new style disposable baby diaper machine to make the Size 7. Within the disposable diaper consulting community it is believed this still secret machine design can make even larger disposables. When this machine was being designed it is believed there was a market for baby disposables able to fit up to 85 pounds.

In fact, currently outside North America many brands of baby (as opposed to adult) disposables have sizes to fit 85 pounds. More than one such brand is owned by P&G. It is assumed that many of these new type diaper machines have been built and installed around the world. P&G will not say how many are in North America.

The difference between a Cruiser Size 7 and Size 6 is that the Size 7 is an inch longer. Thus it fits taller toddlers better than Size 6 when the child is active. For this reason Size 7 have a higher weight rating. If the kid is plump and not lanky, then Size 6 is a better choice and fit. These days in North America far more kids weighing over 35 pounds are plump than there are 42 pound lanky kids.

Most consultants also feel that when a child weighs enough they are not a decent fit in standard Size 6 while active, pull-ups are more practical. By that size usually toilet training has started. When toilet training it is important that the child be able to slide the pull-up down and up, as the child would do while wearing cloth trainers. Many child development experts consider keeping a child in diapers, which the child cannot unfasten and re-fasten, inhibits toilet training.

With the increased sales of pull-ups disposable diaper manufacturers ran into production problems. It is vastly more complicated to make a pull-up than a tape-on. Circa 2004, when I hired a top consultant to help me manufacture larger baby disposables, I found that all the leading manufacturers were into R&D to make and promote larger cloth-like disposables with wider and longer Hook & Loop tabs. The hope was that instead of using pull-ups, parents would willingly teach their maturing children to take off and put on their own conventional diapers.

Based on what my consultant told me, in exchange for a lot of fees, was that parents in North America could not be convince to buy really large baby disposables. Instead they would pay whatever for pull-ups. Subsequent sales figures show my consultant was absolutely correct, which is why his firm is the leading one in that industry.

The diapers I wanted to manufacture were only intended for bed. Pull-Ups cannot be made to not leak in bed, unless the child does not generate healthy amounts of urine while sleeping. Of course cloth-like disposables such as Cruisers also leak badly in bed. Years ago I knew that before I hired a consultant. I believed than and continue to believe the diaper manufacturers prefer to make cloth-like. I am sure when sleeping in bed, adults and babies are better off wearing classic poly-plastic diapers. Those were what I wanted to manufacture. I still believe there is a real market for disposable traditional diapers all the way from preemie to adult bariatric briefs with no size gaps. In 1981, when the largest baby disposables were the same as a current Size 4, Attends made sizes Junior and Youth which were smaller than the current "Youth Brief" which originally was termed Adult Small. The original Attends Junior would fit anyone able to wear a modern Size 5 up to slightly larger than Pampers Cruisers Size 7. The original Attends Youth covered the range from under 50 pounds up to over 90 pounds. At that time I was petite and I still am, but back in the summer of 1981 I normally weighed 95-99 pounds and my hips were 26" Adult Small were my correct size and remain so, but I received a bag of Youth and darn near could wear them. I could put them on, but they were very tight.

When P&G sold Attends North America to Paper Pak Corp, the contract prohibited P&G returning to the adult diaper business in North America. It is not known when that contract ends. It is even possible it has ended and P&G does not want to compete in the adult diaper business in North America, or they do so by virtue of their stake in Tena. Even in the older days it was a miserable business model to distinguish between baby and adult diapers. hat has frustrated attempts to market practical diapers/pull-ups that effectively will promote sensible toilet training. People between 50 and 125 pounds fall through the cracks. So No Fair!!!!

• Like 2

angela has it right !! baby diapers these days do nothing for me except for using them as stuffers as angela does .If i can get a decent adult diaper that looks like a baby diaper im much happier .But here in canada and of course i don't order online it is hard to find a decent diaper (my prob lol)and i will stop whining now lol ! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

True, I'm a DL and not AB but I always wondered what the fasination is with actual baby diapers and why some adults like to try and squeeze into them. They can't be comfortable to wear or fit an adult body right. Is it the look of them? How they smell? Or is it just the fact that they are real baby diapers? Personally, I want adult size diapers that will fit me properly, are comfortable to wear and will hold an adult wetting. I would think adults who are AB's would feel much more babyish in a properly fitting diaper that is sized to their body proportionally than trying to squeeze into a baby diaper that dosn't fit proportionally. You wouldn't look much like a real baby in a sausage skin tight baby diaper as opposed to a well fitting adult sized diaper. I see pictures from the gallery and those who wear properly fitting adult diapers do look more babyish and realistic than those who try and squeeze into pull ups or baby diapers.

For me it is a variety of things, first not to brag or anything but because I run and exercise frequently I am fairly skinny. I can squeeze into some of the smaller products which is good for cost savings, which can allow me to enjoy diapers more often. Furthermore I like baby diapers because I can walk into any store buy some and walk out, as they are a very common shelf item. I like the smell and for a while some of the stretchy types fit me well without any modifications, provided a good capacity, and great comfort at a great price. This is no longer the case... But I have started trying, "youth sized", diapers specially targeted at children between adult and baby diapers...Enjoy and stay diapered!

I totaly agree why would an adult want to try and get into ababy diaper,is that not why there are adult diapers,i also prefer an adult diaper that fits me, and will hold my wetting not something that will not hold what i am doing i would be worried by an adult who wants to get into a baby diaper.

Guest waslost1234abc

there are a couple reasons why ab's ageplayers and littles like to squeeze into baby diapers if they can over adult diapers....the first reason is the realism behind the act. even the cutest adult diapers look nothing like "the real thing" the smell the shape the fit its all different. even when wet a baby diaper holds its shape differently....baby diapers just seem to be made better....you could say baby diapers are made with a little extra love while adult diapers are not...to put it nicely....

the other reason is related to all the bragging from those including my self who can fit although very tightly into some baby diaper brands: learn the term its called: e-penis measuring aka dick meauring. in every community of people whether online or in realife i.e cliques at schools etc etc there is always that drive to differentiate your self from the rest of the group "see im special.....im different then the rest of them....." or "look at me i can fit in a baby diaper see im not the steroptypical older chubby guy who is an ab"(not my stereotype so please dont attack me please :)

i think this same phenomenom also applies to people in the community who arent really incontinent versus the ones who are but just say they are....im not naming any names but some leave clues that only a person who is urinary/fecal incontinent can normally catch.....

we all enjoy being apart of a community...it helps the feeling of being alone and ostracized but it doesnt stop people from having their owns needs and desires seperate from the community...i call them normal "all about me feelings" since it sounds nicer than "selfish" or "self centered" feelings.

Pampers Size 7

Huggies Size 6

Luvs Size Size 6

In addition to the "big three" name brands, most generic brands top out at "size 6" as well within the U.S. As Angela noted though, the "Pampers Size 7" are only available in the "Cruisers" line, while the "Baby-Dry" line tops out at "Size 6."

True, I'm a DL and not AB but I always wondered what the fasination is with actual baby diapers and why some adults like to try and squeeze into them. They can't be comfortable to wear or fit an adult body right. Is it the look of them? How they smell? Or is it just the fact that they are real baby diapers?

As a DL myself, I'd have to say that it's probably some combination of everything listed above. For me, the fact that they're real baby diapers is important, as is the look, and feel, and to a lesser degree, the smell of them. I actually "wear" my baby diapers kind of like pads/guards so I technically don't "wear" them, at least not in the traditional sense. Baby diapers are also small/discreet, and this makes them easier to conceal both before and after use, effectively making disposal a bit more discreet. AB/DL's living with others may also view this as an advantage to using baby diapers. Likewise, storage of baby diapers is also a bit easier to conceal and keep discreet.

Also, while this is purely speculation, I believe that some AB/DLs like to wear the diapers that they wore when they were actually babies. For example, I personally enjoy Huggies because I wore them as a baby, and because I first realized I was a DL while using Huggies products. However, I've also purchased "off-brands" (I guess you could call them "generic,") that aren't store-specific as well simply because they were inexpensive and did what I wanted to them to. Most of these brands are similar to Luvs in terms of price, although they're far more difficult to find.

If I intend to use a diaper in a practical manner, I tend to stick to GoodNites, which fit me perfectly, and have never leaked on me. These are discreet enough that I can wear them out in public without anyone noticing. (Disposal is also incredibly discreet an easy.) Although I also wear GoodNites and similar diapers purely for fun as a DL, GoodNites and similar diapers are the only ones that I'll wear outside of my home.

Not only did size 7's disappear, so did Underjams.. There was a time I Could fit in those..

I noticed that UnderJams had "vanished" from store shelves in my area as well. I'm pretty sure that both products are still available online though. I honestly think that "Size 7" Cruisers could survive in an online-only or nearly online-only environment, but I'm a bit more worried about UnderJams. Luvs SleepDrys, which I wish I knew existed when they were still on shelves didn't last long because they simply couldn't compete with GoodNites, and UnderJams appear to be headed in the same direction.

The primary problem that I see with UnderJams is that they're really only available in one size of packaging, which is what P&G considers "Jumbo." Although P&G's "Jumbo" package contains a few more diapers (about three) then KCWW's "Jumbo" package of GoodNites, the P&G package is far more expensive, and costs as much as what KCWW's "Mega" packages used to cost, which is the same price as their current "Big Pack" packages. (There may have been a large size package, but it wasn't readily available in most stores.) In essence, the cost-per-diaper is far higher when purchasing UnderJams. The second problem that I noticed with UnderJams was the terrible side panels that would practically disintegrate while in use. I remember reading some reviews parents had written about UnderJams back when they were new, and it wasn't uncommon to hear of a parent complaining that they tore the side panel with their fingernail before they could even get the diaper onto their child. For what UJs cost, they can't have a fatal flaw like fragile side panels if they're expected to sell. The location of UnderJams on most store shelves was also a bit of an issue. At first, it seemed like stores tried to give UJ's a shot, placing them near GoodNites, where they were easy to find. After about a year or so though, most stores shoved them next to the generic sleep diapers near the end of the aisle where they were rather easy to miss, while GoodNites continued to enjoy prime shelf space, including space previously occupied by UnderJams. I think these three factors are what contributed to UJ's becoming so difficult to find.

Although Pampers Extra Protection are hardly the largest baby disposables on the market in the USA, those could well be of interest to us.

Pampers Extra Protection are not mentioned on the Pampers website under products, but they are mentioned in some customer comments. These were mentioned on at least one adult diaper site in early January 2011 as being exclusive to Target. As many DD members know I use Pampers Cruisers Size 4 with DryMax as my slip-in disposable pads and Cruisers Size 3 as a soaker in my gauze night diapers.

In early 2010, despite all the negative publicity about skin reaction to DryMax, I had given those a try. To my delight I had no bad reaction and found a Size 4 DryMax increased the capacity from 3+ to 4+ hours, which saves me two changes a day during crucial business hours. With Cruisers there is no difference in size of the absorbent core from Size 5 to 7. The big difference is that Sizes 3 and 4 are intended for babies who have not started toilet training, meaning they do not wet in floods. Thus Sizes 3 and 4 use a slower absorbing SAP that has greater capacity per gram than the faster absorbing SAP of Sizes 5 to 7. Since I have no bladder control and thus slowly, Sizes 3 and 4 are ideal for me. As a slip-in pad Size 4 is perfect for me. Size 5 is uncomfortably large as well as not having more total capacity.. On me Size 3 is small enough that if it slips just a little it can leak.

For me as a soaker inside my gauze night diapers having the Size 3 leak at the edges is a good thing, since that allows the gauze outer diaper and the Birdseye soaker to work at their best. Lab tests show the Size 3 has slightly less capacity than the Size 4, but the cost per diaper is slightly less for Size 3.

Now the first Pampers Extra Protection I found were in a Rite-Aid store, in smallish bags, at what I considered an outrageously high price per diaper. Later that day I thought that as an experiment the price was okay. When I returned to Rite-Aid the following day the price was even higher. On January 17 2011 (the MLK Holiday) I found large cartons of Cruisers Size 3 and 4 at Target at about USA$0.31 and $0.34 each including California tax, which is slightly less than average, so I bought several cartons of each. On my way to the check-out I passed the main Pampers aisle. There beside the smaller cartons of Cruisers there were the same size cartons of Sizes 4 and 5 Extra Protection. The Size 4 were USA$0.37 each. I considered that well within reason, so I bought one carton of 64.

At home what I noticed was that the Pampers Extra Protection were slightly thicker even when compressed, but once allowed to relax, the central absorbent core was not much thicker than a Size 4 Cruiser with DryMax. I noticed that Pampers does not mention DryMax technology on the RP carton. Using warm saline as the test fluid I found that the EP worked the same as a Size 4 Cruiser with respect to rate of absorption. Using the immersion test for total capacity, the Size 4 EP had about 35% more capacity than a Size 4 Cruiser with DryMax. After factoring in "squeeze-out" which is important to know when expecting to sit in a wet diaper, the EP had a lab capacity about 25% greater than the DryMax Cruiser.

I modified 12 of the EP to be slip-in pads by cutting off the side flaps, the same way I modify Cruisers. In some ways it was easier to modify the EP, perhaps because they had been made more recently. I decided to test them in the evenings at home, since there was risk of leaks. What I found was consistently even when I did not change for 6 hours none of the EP4 were near capacity. Always a Cruiser 4 would have reached capacity at 5 hours. The weekend of January 22 and 23 I tested the EP4 during the day at home and out doing errands. To be safe I did cover my cotton panties which hold the slip-in with vinyl panties while away from home. Despite eating and drinking as I would while working never did the EP 4 leak after 6 hours. That long inside vinyl pants I did sweat, but I can tell the difference between sweat and leaking urine.

Based on that series of tests I started alternating the EP4 and Cruiser4 during the work day, starting with an EP4 as soon as I have finished my morning shower about 4:15am. Normally with a C4 I would be near capacity when changing before court at 8:20am; with the EP4 there was no worry about capacity. Normally with a C4 the 8:20am change still has capacity at 12:15pm and that was the case. I put on an EP4 which still had capacity at 4:45pm. On Tuesday January 25 I had no court, so I did not change from my first C4 until 9:30am, which was 5:15 hours. There was significant capacity left. On Wednesday January 26 I also had no court. I wore the first EP4 until 9:30am. I changed to another EP4 which I wore until 1:35pm. The next EP4 still had capacity when I got home at 5:30pm so I left it on until 6:30pm.

Although the EP4 has proven it has 6 hours of capacity, I will never wear one so long. After 5+ hours the urine starts to turn sour. The Pampers odor control is not as effective as the Attends Breathable, so for me 5+ hours is the limit for the EP4. From now on my cunning plan will be to use up my supply of C4 on days when I can easily change every 4 hours. I do not expect to buy more C4 as long as EP4 are available at not much more than USA$0.37 each.

What I did notice is that when dry the EP4 are significantly less comfortable than the C4. That goes away with the first wetting. In my case that is within a few minutes of wearing a new diaper. However, this is something to be considered. Slight damping the EP4 with warm water does soften it and does not reduce capacity.

Although I know several women with babies and toddlers, none have tried the Pampers Extra Protection. My guess is that many babies will notice the fact the EP4 is stiffer than a Baby Dry, Pampers Cruiser or Huggies, so the caregiver would need to be very good at distracting the baby while doing the change. Possibly this is the root of negative comments about the EP 4 and 5. Consequently I have bought many cartons of the EP4 assuming Pampers will not make then forever. I also see that although all the C3 and C4 I have bought sine DryMax were made in Mexico, the EP4 say they are made in the USA. Interesting.

Angela, thank you for your insight on the Pampers Extra Protection, I may actually have to give these a try at some point.

I also see that although all the C3 and C4 I have bought sine DryMax were made in Mexico, the EP4 say they are made in the USA. Interesting.

I have to be honest here, this is the type of thing that makes me really leery of trying anything with the word "Dry-Max" on it. I'm incredibly hesitant to stick anything that was made in China or Mexico against my most intimate body parts. I realize that most products are manufactured to US quality standards as they're supposed to be, but I really don't want to take my chances and wind up being one of the people who gets a product that's not manufactured to US quality standards, and ultimately winds up being recalled. Various imported goods for the U.S. market from Mexico have been recalled in recent years, which is part of the reason I'm as hesitant as I am. I have to admit that I do wonder if the first batch of Cruisers Dry-Max was somehow contaminated, and if there was a lapse in quality control at P&G, or if as has also been suggested, the problem was essentially "New Coke Syndrome." I'm really reluctant to put anything from China against my bare skin now, especially after finding out that many of the so-called eco-friendly reusable shopping bags that were made there were actually tainted with lead paint.

I want to be clear here though, I have nothing against Mexico or China, or the Mexican or Chinese people, nor am I a racist. My problem lies with goods from these countries that are supposed to be manufactured to U.S. quality standards, but ultimately are not. (And to some extent, with my country not imposing stricter sanctions/penalties on these countries for the defective goods.) I also get slightly irked when certain items that I feel should be manufactured domestically are ultimately imported from other countries. Baby diapers are one of these items, and greeting cards are another. I really felt like Hallmark "sold out" when they began manufacturing regular greeting cards in China rather then the U.S.A., (there are still other card companies that make cards stateside, and I generally prefer to give them my business now,) and I had a similar feeling the first time that I saw "Made in Mexico" on a package of Pampers. I'm aware that KCWW also manufactures certain products in China, but all of their Huggies baby diapers, their Pull-Ups, and their GoodNites are still made in the U.S.A. for the US market. For what P&G charges for a package of Pampers Cruisers, the least they could do in my eyes is continue to manufacture them stateside. Again, it's not all products from Mexico or China that I take issue with, it's just the ones that I'm going to put against my most intimate body parts, or things like greeting cards that we should still be able to produce here for a relatively reasonable price.

Maybe I'll feel differently at some point about items like diapers, but right now it really bugs me when stuff like that isn't manufactured stateside anymore, especially when the diapers in question are from a so-called "premium" line. Just my $0.02 cents.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...