LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Rash On Adults?

diaper rashes and even the painfull Yeasts infection rashes happen to any diaperd folk .... care and attention can prevent but if u are in a diaper long enough you WILL get a rash...

I have yet to receive a rash, even after wearing for 12 hours.

thanks for all the info everybody. i was wondering though if it made sense to use baby powder if you were to wear diapers at night. I doubt a diaper rash would form after only one night, but should I still powder up?

I'm sorry to see everyone making more of a joke out of this rather than giving you constructive help. As has been said, of course it's possible to get a rash! I've had several - twice bad enough to go to my doctor. The first time I went, he was very questioning as to how I could have gotten this rash. I mumbled and gave a weak excuse. He gave me a prescription which cleared up the rash quickly. The second time I decided to go to the doctor, I was preparing myself to 'fess up to diaper use. That time he was so accepting of the rash and ready to prescribe a cream to help, I backed off my plan and just accepted the prescription - which, by the way, was a totally different prescription from the first one.

Now, in terms of prevention, you'll hear a million different options from people here. Some use powder (personally I think it smells great, makes you feel babyish, but doesn't do much to prevent rash). Some will use vaseline, or a diaper rash cream such as Desitin as a preventative. I've taken to using a liberal amount of baby oil and have had pretty good luck with it. Some people - one of them has already responded to you - feel they personally don't need anything. Each person is different and each person can take exposure to their own urine for a different amount of time. Other factors are how much and what kind of liquids you've taken in, etc.

You do have to realize, however, that if you are using plastic pants either over cloth or disposables, that many of these - vaseline, oil, etc - can do severe damage to the plastic. You can help prevent that by not over using whatever product you use and then also rinse out the plastic pants as soon as possible after use.

BTW - if you do get a rash, you can try some of the baby rash creams on the market. I've tried some over-the-counter hydrocortisone creams with some success - it all depends on what specifically has caused the rash. Sometimes it isn't true diaper rash, but simply chafing caused by wearing thick diapers for too long.

Good luck.

I've never gotten a rash. Of course, I also don't use my diapers very often, and when I do, I immediately change and clean up on the rare occasion that I do use them. I wear around the house and have been for the past 11 years. So, it would seem that just wearing isn't enough to cause it.

I have a autoimmune disorder that gives me eczema.(eczema sarcoidosis)

For it i use some of the prescription cortisone creams and it just happens that these creams clear up diaper rash very quickly.

before that i found sunlight worked good for clearing diaper rash.

being a nudist i got plenty of chances to get the sunlight.Now due to the Sarcoidosis i have to stay out of the sun.

Eczema(dermatitis) and diaper rash(diaper dermatitis)look identical and only a very good doctor could tell the difference just by looking.

The only clear thing about diaper rash is its found in the diaper area.

Since i have the eczema in multiple areas of my body no doctor would notice the rash in the diaper area as anything but eczema.

happens to everyone... try zinc oxide cream, typically known as desitin. I would not recommended over the counter cortisone (steroid based anti-inflammatory cream) unless you have spoken to a doctor. Otherwise some people do well with petroleum jelly aka vaseline...also don't forget to change often!

The best way to get rash is to use your diaper and not change for a lengthy amount of time. It takes not long fro the bacteria to start eating away at your skin, which is what a rash is.

I've only ever gotten rashes when either wearing a clean diaper in heat for too long or aving just gotten into bed and messing and just going to sleep the full night rather than changing. Not often.

Yes, the rash is possible. Change often especially if you wet or mess. Use powder, and use creams and ointments.

and be smart.

• 1 month later...

Yes, adults can get diaper rash. I've only had it once, when I first started wearing diapers and the first time I messed myself. It was only a minor rash, cleared up quickly with some hydrocortisone (I think I spelled that wrong) cream. Learned my lesson- anytime I diaper, I always put some vaseline or diaper cream on, and I apply it generously. Keeps my happy in my nappy. :smiley-baby-girl:

I have somewhat sensitive skin and so I battle rashes from time to time. It's essentially a fungal infection, hence the Mycostatin scrip another poster uses has the prefix Myco in it, from the etymological designation of fungus. You can fight it with over the counter stuff for jock itch/athelete's foot as well. Though in my experience, all the cheapest brands on the shelves use tolfinate as their active ingredient, which I have found to be not very effective. Diaper rash creams work too, but really they're more for prevention rather than treating an existing problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I get rashes easily.

But found out that diapers don't wick properly or when they are saturated is what causes the problem mostly.

Also messing ALWAYS will give me a rash, even if I change 1 min after it hits my skin. So I rarelly rarelly mess, as I hate the stink and even worse the really bad rashes it gives me.

The thing I do is if the diaper clumps up, is saturated or starts to itch, I change it. Then I'll have a shower after it. Usually airing my skin for a day or 2 before wearing again.

I rarelly use special barrier creams as they are expensive and I'm lazy,lol. Sometimes will use wash mousse (foam without need of water or drying) if I want to wear another diaper without a shower or airing my skin.

https://www.tenadirect.co.uk/Support-Skincare-Products/TENA-Was-Mousse/ <<< that for example.

• 2 weeks later...

Itis no fun when you do get diaper rash,and it is painfull the best thing is to put on plenty of diaper cream when you change,and dont sit in a wet or messy diaper for to long,just change as soon as you can.

And if you are in a diaper 24/7,and you get a rash it will not help if you are putting more urine on it,try and go without a diaper for a few ours if you can.

• 6 years later...

Yes you can get adult diaper rash. I know what it's like to have one. I never had one and then once I got it, it seems like I can never get rid of it. I got it so bad I had to go to the doctor. I am using, creams that the doctor has prescribed. I am always in a wet and messy diaper it seems. So it's hard for me to get rid of it. I have a diaper rash now and I'm kind of used to having it. Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it itches. But I know it's something you get when you wear diapers like I do.