LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
BabyWendyMarie

Sissies In Cloth Diapers

Sissies and Cloth Diapers   166 members have voted

1. 1. Do Sissies Prefer Cloth Diapers?

• I am a sissy and I prefer cloth diapers.
    • I am a sissy and I prefer disposable diapers.
    • I am a sissy and I wear both.
    • I am a sissy who likes both but prefer cloth.
    • I am a sissy who likes both but prefer disposables.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

I too grew up in the days of cloth diapers, maybe that is why they still have a place in my heart.   Several other points were made that I will reinforce.  Cloth diapers in the long run are more cost effective than disposables, and much better for the environment.  I really luv the use of waterproof or rubber pants, and wear them even over disposables if I choose one during the day.  At night there is no comparison for me, disposables tend to leak while sleeping especially if you roll around a bit, cloth is by far the best for overnight use! Last point again, the feel of being tightly pined into a cloth diaper far outweighs what taping a disposable on does for me.

Dee Wet

I much prefer cloth (terry) nappies. They're much bulkier than disposables (although I do like disposables too, and they can be much easier to wear out) and I love the feeling of the bulkiness between my legs. I also love the feeling of putting them on, or better still, being put into them, fresh from the airing cupboard when they're lovely and warm.

I am from the cloth diaper generation.  I don't mind wearing disposables but do not find them as effective as a good cloth diaper and a pair of plastic pants.  I can see where this generation identifies with disposables as that is what they were raised with.  For me, there is just something about cloth that remains special.  Maybe it's being pinned in the diaper that makes it somewhat special.  When those pins are tightly in place there is a strong sense of security that envelopes me.  I know there is no removing my diaper until my mommy (I wish) un-fastens them.  There is also the experience of having your mommy help you put on your plastic pants.  It makes one feel so little and infantile, which feels so natural and good to me.  When I compare myself to my mommy I feel so inferior and infantile.  I personally think that if more women and men were to try this, it could easily become the norm.  I love being submissive and I love a strong woman who truly believes that a woman's place is being firmly in control of every part of the relationship, including the man's diapers.

Your thoughts resonate with me, Lee, on a variety of levels. I don't wear very often these days (nor do I come online to this site much), but I still love my cloth diapers and plastic baby panties just as much as ever. But I'm doubtful that cloth diaper wearing could ever become 'the norm' for more folks, for a variety of reason. I'm sure you know what "imprinting" is. I think it has a lot to do with our love of cloth diapers. To me, a disposable diaper is just paper underwear. There is no emotional connection there. Others feel differently. I don't share this with those who love their disposables who obviously have the same feeling for their diapers. But the one thing I think we do share is the desire to regress in many instances. For me, the ultimate "decompression" is having a pacifier in my mouth, being pinned in a triple thick cloth diaper, and just allow myself to float away to mommy's nursery.....

I wear terry nappies and plastic pants. I love the nice bulky feel between my legs and I think they are more babyish than disposables. I also like the rustling sound of the plastic pants. Also that is what I wore as a baby

1 person likes this

I'm a DL, little bit of a sissy, and incontinent due to untraining, in roughly that chronological order.

I got into cloth diapers because I saw girls and sissies wearing them, and it was a great choice! Now that I am incon, a working knowledge of cloth diapers is also a great help. :)

1 person likes this

I grew up In the disposable generation, but can definitely see the advantages and hope to try them in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love cloth diapers and prefer them over disposables.  There is nothing like a thick cloth diaper covered by puffy billowy plastic pants!

1 person likes this

5 years into full-time nappies now I can confirm the cost effectiveness of Cloth and plastic pants. We bought quality pre-folds which have only just needed to be replaced after about 200-300 wearings each. The dependeco velcro nappies are still going strong although just starting to look a bit shabby in places and some have lost their baby cotton outers. Our nighttime towelling squares dont last as lon,g but are excellent as long as not tumble-dried as this takes the nap off of them real quick. Plastic pants are the major item that wear out and we have found the better quality ones are certainly worth the investment up front. We rarely use a tumble-drier because of the cost and is usually unnecessary.

Over 5 years we have found cloth to be  25-30% of the cost of disposables, including the cost of water and power. The upfront costs are of course significant and their true worth comes with a 24/7 wearer. I really hoped that the prefolds would all 'die' at different times, but unfortunately all 15 were bought around the same time and 11 are now thrown out and the remaining 4 likely to go in the next few months. But we got good value for money.

Here in Australia, good disposables are a bit more expensive and the range is much smaller. We do need disposables for travel etc and we now use the Rearz Safari as they can last 12 hours easily which is good for planes and other travel, but 95% of the time it is cloth and plastic pants.

Our major regular expense is plastic pants and so we are always on the lookout for long-lasting ones that don't compromise comfort, effectiveness and of course, the infantile look. They are actually improving a lot but they are still the weakest point for cloth nappy wearers.

ONE RANT however is safety pins. They are very hard to find and they are all the lousy imported chinese variety with poor steel and bad workmanship. The 3" pins you can buy  - while looking great - are difficult to use and tend to put tears in nappies because they are too big/thick. If anyone knows where you can get something a LITTLE bigger than infant pins and a quality product please let me know.

Thick cloth diaper covered by puffy billowy plastic pants are the most comfortable and sissyish option!

14 minutes ago, DLBiker said:

Thick cloth diaper covered by puffy billowy plastic pants are the most comfortable and sissyish option!

And I think that the true appeal of cloth for my baby is the bulky, sissy, babyish look they give.  And they are cheaper:)

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

5 years into full-time nappies now I can confirm the cost effectiveness of Cloth and plastic pants. We bought quality pre-folds which have only just needed to be replaced after about 200-300 wearings each. The dependeco velcro nappies are still going strong although just starting to look a bit shabby in places and some have lost their baby cotton outers. Our nighttime towelling squares dont last as lon,g but are excellent as long as not tumble-dried as this takes the nap off of them real quick. Plastic pants are the major item that wear out and we have found the better quality ones are certainly worth the investment up front. We rarely use a tumble-drier because of the cost and is usually unnecessary.

Over 5 years we have found cloth to be  25-30% of the cost of disposables, including the cost of water and power. The upfront costs are of course significant and their true worth comes with a 24/7 wearer. I really hoped that the prefolds would all 'die' at different times, but unfortunately all 15 were bought around the same time and 11 are now thrown out and the remaining 4 likely to go in the next few months. But we got good value for money.

Here in Australia, good disposables are a bit more expensive and the range is much smaller. We do need disposables for travel etc and we now use the Rearz Safari as they can last 12 hours easily which is good for planes and other travel, but 95% of the time it is cloth and plastic pants.

Our major regular expense is plastic pants and so we are always on the lookout for long-lasting ones that don't compromise comfort, effectiveness and of course, the infantile look. They are actually improving a lot but they are still the weakest point for cloth nappy wearers.

ONE RANT however is safety pins. They are very hard to find and they are all the lousy imported chinese variety with poor steel and bad workmanship. The 3" pins you can buy  - while looking great - are difficult to use and tend to put tears in nappies because they are too big/thick. If anyone knows where you can get something a LITTLE bigger than infant pins and a quality product please let me know.

I take it that the 3 inch pins are kilt pins which serve a different function more show and tell ?

Ebay has a ten pack for a couple of bucks and come in 4 inch models: LINK:

10pcs LARGE DURABLE STRONG METAL KILT SCARF BROOCH SAFETY PINS Craft 4 inch
EBay item number: 151795726815

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=151795726815&_sacat=0

If I am wrong have you tried them ?

Do you need the type of safety pin that has the sliding (locking) head piece - security to prevent unwanted opening ?  

The bulk of the (cloth) diaper may be the problem where you are asking too much of the small pin to hold the load secure.

Then too having the diapers pinned up too tight overstressing them is not good.

As another option have you considered conversion to a Velcro closing ?

No pins and great deal better and stronger with the possibility of better longevity ! 

Edited by BabyLock
add data

18 minutes ago, BabyLock said:

I take it that the 3 inch pins are kilt pins which serve a different function more show and tell ?

Ebay has a ten pack for a couple of bucks and come in 4 inch models: LINK:

10pcs LARGE DURABLE STRONG METAL KILT SCARF BROOCH SAFETY PINS Craft 4 inch
EBay item number: 151795726815

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=151795726815&_sacat=0

If I am wrong have you tried them ?

Do you need the type of safety pin that has the sliding (locking) head piece - security to prevent unwanted opening ?  

The bulk of the (cloth) diaper may be the problem where you are asking too much of the small pin to hold the load secure.

Then too having the diapers pinned up too tight overstressing them is not good.

As another option have you considered conversion to a Velcro closing ?

No pins and great deal better and stronger with the possibility of better longevity ! 

Thanks fro replying. I guess what I want for my baby and her nappies is simply nappy pins that are a LITTLE larger and a bit stronger. The pin cannot be too thick or it compromises the corners of folded cloth nappies and can also be difficult to push thru thick nappies. It just seems like even premium quality baby nappy pins are getting harder to find or at the moment, impossible.

1 person likes this

I use Dritz diaper pins that I buy on Amazon.com. Here is a link: https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Safety-Pins-Diaper-Colors/dp/B001HZOZS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482243620&sr=8-1&keywords=dritz+diaper+pins

The pins are a suitable size for me--about a 37 inch waist. They are slightly curved and hold the diaper quite well. You could also use what are called "blanket pins," however they don't have the locking safety caps. Here is the link for blanket pins: https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-2-Piece-Blanket-Nickel-Finish/dp/B003W0TMPY/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1482243730&sr=8-16&keywords=blanket+safety+pins

Hope this helps. You might also find the Dritz pins in the baby aisles at major department stores (like Wal-Mart or Target) or blanket pins in the craft/sewing department, but I've never looked.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

Thanks fro replying. I guess what I want for my baby and her nappies is simply nappy pins that are a LITTLE larger and a bit stronger. The pin cannot be too thick or it compromises the corners of folded cloth nappies and can also be difficult to push thru thick nappies. It just seems like even premium quality baby nappy pins are getting harder to find or at the moment, impossible.

I use strictly the vintage diaper pins such as Jiffy Lox or Baby Safe. The Baby Safe's are my favorite. They have a steel head that comes in all colors, they stay pinned even with a thick and with multiple diapers on, the tips are sharp so they go through the material quickly and without damaging the fabric, and the shaft of the pin is thin enough so that it doesn't damage the fabric either. Realizing these items could be hard to find nowadays, one alternative to pins that no one has yet to bring up is to use snaps. The snaps would have to be large enough to remain secure, especially when baby's diaper is soaking wet; the conventional snaps on a onesie, for example, would be too small. You might have to have a professional seamstress install the snaps, but I think it would work, esp. if you used two snaps per side. This is something I've contemplated doing for some time, but my vintage pins work well enough that I don't need to use snaps at this point in time. I just think they would be a neat way of securing a diaper. They would probably work better with a contour-style diaper as well, but that's just a conjecture. Because each baby's body style is different, the snaps would have to be carefully planned as to exactly where they would have to be placed. So there are some drawbacks to the idea.

On 12/21/2016 at 4:31 AM, BabyWendyMarie said:

I use strictly the vintage diaper pins such as Jiffy Lox or Baby Safe. The Baby Safe's are my favorite. They have a steel head that comes in all colors, they stay pinned even with a thick and with multiple diapers on, the tips are sharp so they go through the material quickly and without damaging the fabric, and the shaft of the pin is thin enough so that it doesn't damage the fabric either. Realizing these items could be hard to find nowadays, one alternative to pins that no one has yet to bring up is to use snaps. The snaps would have to be large enough to remain secure, especially when baby's diaper is soaking wet; the conventional snaps on a onesie, for example, would be too small. You might have to have a professional seamstress install the snaps, but I think it would work, esp. if you used two snaps per side. This is something I've contemplated doing for some time, but my vintage pins work well enough that I don't need to use snaps at this point in time. I just think they would be a neat way of securing a diaper. They would probably work better with a contour-style diaper as well, but that's just a conjecture. Because each baby's body style is different, the snaps would have to be carefully planned as to exactly where they would have to be placed. So there are some drawbacks to the idea.

Ive noticed that while you can still buy cloth nappies for babies in some places, plastic pants are virtually unobtainable. Safety pins are also reasonably difficult to find and when you do they are the smaller, crappier chinese-made rubbish.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

Ive noticed that while you can still buy cloth nappies for babies in some places, plastic pants are virtually unobtainable. Safety pins are also reasonably difficult to find and when you do they are the smaller, crappier chinese-made rubbish.

I would keep a close eye on eBay and do a search for "vintage diaper pins" because eventually you may find exactly what you're looking for...I hope so! In the meantime I wonder if you wrote to Jenny at Babykins, a Canadian AB retailer, and asked her what possible options she might suggest would also be an idea for ya. best of luck! :baby:

On 1/12/2017 at 1:39 AM, rosalie.bent said:

For pins, I go to Ebay. You can find Dritz. Now, I do not know what kind of rubber panties you are looking for, Baby size or full size. I have planty of baby size that I got for my dollies from Savers. Of late, Gerber has been putting out the kind made of smooth material. As for full size, There are Babykins, Rearz and LL Medico/Gary. I review them at length in my review page. It should be under my siggy. Babykins and Rearz also seel real rubber panties and vintage rubber sheets

On 1/12/2017 at 0:39 AM, rosalie.bent said:

Rosalie, Here is a link you may find of some value: http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-cloth-diapers/kins-diaper-pins/

I would keep a close eye on eBay and do a search for "vintage diaper pins" because eventually you may find exactly what you're looking for...I hope so! In the meantime I wonder if you wrote to Jenny at Babykins, a Canadian AB retailer, and asked her what possible options she might suggest would also be an idea for ya. best of luck! :baby:

On 7/25/2015 at 11:25 AM, BabyWendyMarie said:

Your thoughts resonate with me, Lee, on a variety of levels. I don't wear very often these days (nor do I come online to this site much), but I still love my cloth diapers and plastic baby panties just as much as ever. But I'm doubtful that cloth diaper wearing could ever become 'the norm' for more folks, for a variety of reason. I'm sure you know what "imprinting" is. I think it has a lot to do with our love of cloth diapers. To me, a disposable diaper is just paper underwear. There is no emotional connection there. Others feel differently. I don't share this with those who love their disposables who obviously have the same feeling for their diapers. But the one thing I think we do share is the desire to regress in many instances. For me, the ultimate "decompression" is having a pacifier in my mouth, being pinned in a triple thick cloth diaper, and just allow myself to float away to mommy's nursery.....

Both of you described my feelings about cloth diapers and plastic pants so well.  Thanks!

I was a cloth diaper baby of the 60's, so that's my first love. And the great variety of plastic panties you can wear over them, love em! But, I do also enjoy some cute disposables sometimes. They have to crinkle thought. 

Oh, and to keep your cloth diapers nice and snug, you might want to try Snappies. I still like my traditional pins, but the Snappies work well, and keep the diaper tight and snug. You do have to be careful removing the Snappies, they can pull treads up. And take care not to over stretch them, they can break. You can find them at lots of on line baby cloth diaper suppliers. I suggest getting the size 2, which is toddler size. 1 is smaller, and for infants. But 2 will work for us bigger toddlers, and our cloth diapers fine. They stretch far.... And the more you use them, the better they work. They come in different colors too. Changing Times diapers sells them. They do very well on price too. https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/collections/diaper-fasteners

You can check the other fasteners they have, while there too. 

I would think that babyboomers; 19-65, being the largest component of the population after WWII would be proportionally represented here, which would boost the percentage of the group using cloth diapers quite high