LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
BabyWendyMarie

Sissies In Cloth Diapers

Sissies and Cloth Diapers   164 members have voted

1. 1. Do Sissies Prefer Cloth Diapers?

• I am a sissy and I prefer cloth diapers.
    • I am a sissy and I prefer disposable diapers.
    • I am a sissy and I wear both.
    • I am a sissy who likes both but prefer cloth.
    • I am a sissy who likes both but prefer disposables.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

As a sissy baby who adores cloth diapers, I've often wondered if sissy babies in general prefer cloth diapers. Hope you'll take a moment to respond to the poll. :smiley-baby-boy:

2 people like this

No I don't like cloth, it's too expensive for the start up costs and laundering is more than expensive than the cost of disposables .

No I don't like cloth, it's too expensive for the start up costs and laundering is more than expensive than the cost of disposables .

I hear you. The cost of cloth is prohibitive. It's something a person really has to save their $$ for. I believe that when a person weighs that cost against the cost of disposables, including the environmental impact of disposables, the value of a cloth diaper is greater. But for ABs like me it's really more about comfort and the familiarity of cloth diapers. :blush:

For me they are both equal, but when it comes to cost and convenience ... gotta use disposable because I do actually have a medical need and therefore no choice in using them or not. I don't get how small squares of cloth can be so much more expensive than beach towels, it doesn't make sense.

For me they are both equal, but when it comes to cost and convenience ... gotta use disposable because I do actually have a medical need and therefore no choice in using them or not. I don't get how small squares of cloth can be so much more expensive than beach towels, it doesn't make sense.

Not sure what you mean, that it doesn't make sense. I think we have economical factors going on. I will never buy a cloth diaper or anything for my ab collection from a foreign country if I can possibly help it, unless it happens to be Canada or the UK. There are reasons for this, but the expense we might pay on the front end of a purchase is going to be higher for a product in the US simply because in this country we don't pay workers starvation wages, nor would I ever hope that we do. So yes, things made in the US, as opposed to towels from the far east, are going to be more expensive, be they diapers, plastic pants, cars or dogs. As consumers we have lots of choices. It seems American are hell bent on making the easiest, cheapest choice without realizing that the choice they make affects thousands of their own people, including their neighbors. Is it really worth it to buy something for $5 less than you might get from China? Some may feel strongly that the answer is yes, but there will always be a price to pay, now or down the road. It's a sticky problem, because we have to help ourselves by buying what we can afford, but we also have a society to maintain. Nothing is free. Sorry for the rant, but my feelings on this issue are simply too strong to ignore.

I really like the bulk and feel of cloth, but disposables are much cheaper and easier to come by. I wish I could get a good supply of cloth, laundering isn't a problem. Cloth diapers hold the wetness that disposables draw away.

I have been wearing cloth diapers and plastic baby panties for all of my 62 years. I must say that I disagree that cloth are more expensive. While the initial cost is higher they last almost forever. I have some that are 15 years old! If you buy cheaply made plastic panties, like Gary. that adds to the cost. I buy Comco from comcomfg.com and they end up costing less than $10 a pair and last and last! A good quality Purity diaper costs about $15. I will say that they will last at least 100 washings, maybe more. A good disposable is approx. $1.50 each. Do the math!

When traveling I use disposibles and I find them to me expensive!

My cloth diapers never leak. When traveling, I still pin a cloth diaper over my disposble and use plastic baby panties because the disposables leak when I sleep on my side.

I am guessing those who feel cloth are expensive only wear diapers now and then. Am I correct?

Pottypanties

1 person likes this

I prefer cloth diapers and plastic pants because that's what I grew up wearing. I suppose I miss the era where parents (moms, especially) had to take the time and trouble to deal with cloth diapers--not like modern times where parenting seems to be a chore and people just want kids as status symbols. Parents nowadays are too tired and too busy to raise kids the way I was raised. Families were so much closer years ago, and there were definitely differences between boys and girls when I was growing up. It seemed to me that girls' clothes and lifestyles were much more interesting...that's why I'm a sissy, and that's why I like cloth diapers. Of course you can't get the old-fashioned rubber pants--at least not easily or affordably. I make my own waterproof pants out of PUL. It is more comfortable and breathes better than rubber or plastic.

I have been wearing cloth diapers and plastic baby panties for all of my 62 years. I must say that I disagree that cloth are more expensive. While the initial cost is higher they last almost forever. I have some that are 15 years old! If you buy cheaply made plastic panties, like Gary. that adds to the cost. I buy Comco from comcomfg.com and they end up costing less than $10 a pair and last and last! A good quality Purity diaper costs about $15. I will say that they will last at least 100 washings, maybe more. A good disposable is approx. $1.50 each. Do the math!

When traveling I use disposibles and I find them to me expensive!

My cloth diapers never leak. When traveling, I still pin a cloth diaper over my disposble and use plastic baby panties because the disposables leak when I sleep on my side.

I am guessing those who feel cloth are expensive only wear diapers now and then. Am I correct?

Pottypanties

Only occasional wearers can think that cloth is more expensive than disposable. they each have their pros and cons but by no stretch of the imagination are disposables cheaper for 24/7 wear. disposables are more convenient and more discreet. Cloth is cheaper and more absorbant especially at night. We use a combo of cloth at home and disposables when out. best of both worlds.

3 people like this

Always been thick cloth diapers for me and plastic pants for me, been enjoying them for 55 years now and looking forward to many more.

1 person likes this

I like the way cloth diapers fill out my rhumba pants! And I really like seeing those thick soft diapers peeking out under a skirt or dress.

1 person likes this

I wish I knew as well, pottypanties.

Cloth diapers are cheap and effective. Many cloth diapers are expensive, but it is so easy to make and stuff your own. Invest in quality Plastic pants and you are home free.

2 people like this

Every member on this site has a warn status "Bar" under their profile. Most are never used, but on occasion a member steps out of line. When that happens they receive a little spanking and a "warn" is given.

If you receive a warn you will be told why by the admin. You should notice that your warn meter is blank, if not it will have a little blue square to the left for one warn, subsequent warns continue to fill the bar till you get to many I believe 8 or so is the site rule as it were. Once warns are given they usually aren't taken away. We try to be fair about them and it is only a Admin that gives them for a specific site infraction such as demeaning comments and such.

Only you and you Alone can see your own warn meter, as such nobody can see yours and you can see no one else's. Well of course every Mod can see them all, but that's what they are for to see members and their status among our community as it is.

In Short it's there, but if it's empty don't worry! Your one of the good ones :P

I as someone else put it wear for Medical reasons, I purchased my own cloth diapers because my insurance covers disposables no problem, and will happily pay for cloth diapers 1 diaper per month purchased at the standard reimbursement rate !!

Now if you can find a cloth diaper company that will sell me a cloth diaper with velcro closures at the standard rate which is 23 cents we would be good to go,

otherwise i will continue to pay for them out of pocket along with my rubber pants and del i should not need onuses until the next ice aga as i have 125 different styles and colors in stock , for some reason i always buy in bulk, but that also does garner a discount usually, and always gives me a closet full of new ones still in there packages should i come across someone who needs one.

Only occasional wearers can think that cloth is more expensive than disposable. they each have their pros and cons but by no stretch of the imagination are disposables cheaper for 24/7 wear. disposables are more convenient and more discreet. Cloth is cheaper and more absorbant especially at night. We use a combo of cloth at home and disposables when out. best of both worlds.

I agree whole heartedly with Rosalie.

I'm a terry towelling toddler through and through. At times when I try and survive with disposables I find they leak at the sides and always require extra plastic panties on top to be added to prevent leaks.

The economics and environmental impact of disposables against laundry items are well documented always favouring the washable product.

Disposables are a convenience product, it's much like comparing convenience foods to haute cuisine, or a paper serviette to a proper linen table napkin.

I like cotton diapers with cute plastic pants but some times it is very convenient to wear girls goodnights when going out in public

I wear a disposable for my daytime diaper. For afternoon and evenings it's either Dependeco AIO's with my

girly prints or a CTDC contour and printed plastic panties. For overnight it's a CTDC prefold with stuffer and

printed plastic pants and one of my various pink footed sleepers.

I did some calculations a while ago and worked out that cloth and plastic pants were about a quarter the cost of disposables.  The last few years has basically confirmed hat calculation and in fact we are finding most cloth diapers last a lot longer than I expected so are actually even cheaper.  The real clue is to ensue you buy quality plastic pants, buy plenty so you can rotate and tape up small tears quickly rather than ruin them.  Baby-pants.com make a waterproof 'gerber' pant which is almost indestructible but are too noisy to wear out of the house.  They are more work but you can save $1000/yr or more by using cloth.

I love cloth, but I can't wear it all the time because the elastic on these Baby Pants plastic pants digs into the skin on my legs.. gets rather sore after a few hours. Wish I could find a pair of plastic pants with wider/softer elastic and a high back.

Cloth :wub:

if I wear cloth, I have to wear plastic panties or something CRINKLEY. However, it's just not the same as wearing the crinkley "plastic backed" disposables that I love so dearly because they remind me of the PAMPERS of my toddlerhood.

There are a lot of posts here regarding the cost of cloth diapers. I buy diaper flannel for about $4.00 a yard. With a relatively small build, my diapers are 27" wide (the width of the diaper flannel) by 36" long. That's not really expensive because cloth diapers can be reused. One yard of polyurethane laminate gives me two pairs of waterproof pants, and that's about $10.00 a yard. I make soaker panels from Zorb which is a bit more (I think it is about $12.00 a yard, which yields about 8 to 10 soakers). All-in-all, even with the price of laundry detergent and water, the fact that cloth can be reused is a benefit.

The two main reasons I wear cloth, however, is that I'm not always alone and disposing of diapers is an issue--so is storing disposable diapers where they won't be "found." The second reason is that I was born in 1959 and cloth diapers are what I recall, even though my recollection of wearing diapers as a toddler is very sparse.

1 person likes this

I am from the cloth diaper generation.  I don't mind wearing disposables but do not find them as effective as a good cloth diaper and a pair of plastic pants.  I can see where this generation identifies with disposables as that is what they were raised with.  For me, there is just something about cloth that remains special.  Maybe it's being pinned in the diaper that makes it somewhat special.  When those pins are tightly in place there is a strong sense of security that envelopes me.  I know there is no removing my diaper until my mommy (I wish) un-fastens them.  There is also the experience of having your mommy help you put on your plastic pants.  It makes one feel so little and infantile, which feels so natural and good to me.  When I compare myself to my mommy I feel so inferior and infantile.  I personally think that if more women and men were to try this, it could easily become the norm.  I love being submissive and I love a strong woman who truly believes that a woman's place is being firmly in control of every part of the relationship, including the man's diapers.

1 person likes this