LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I started a little over a month ago when i first started to get stressed out. I've been having a lot of school work to do and have been very busy. Lately I'm constantly feeling blank, tried, and have a lot of aking. I've been easily irritated lately and more anti-social than usual. I have a speech class this semester that's been causing a lot of anxieties too. Although I’m always tired I’ve been having a hard time sleeping. How can i fight depression?

I am going to suggest a more natural route although it doesn't work for everyone. Try to set aside a small period of time every day in which you won't be interrupted. Use that time to meditate. You'd be surprised what meditation does for blood pressure, anxieties and such. Yoga is another thing you can do to elevate your mood and it often goes hand in hand with meditation. Or, if you don't like the whole meditation thing, another good thing to do is scrounge up every book, article or movie that makes you laugh and make time to watch/read them. Laughing helps to release the chemical serotonin into your body which helps to regulate your mood and decrease irritability. Find something.. anything.. that is sure to make you laugh (provided it isn't at the expense of someone else).

Also, find time to exercise. Exercise also helps the release of neurotransmitters and endorphins, which are "feel good" chemicals that ease depression. It also reduces immune system chemicals that actually worsen depression. It gives you more energy which in turn makes you feel better.

All of the above things require you to set aside time. I know that can be rough when you have a really busy schedule.. but you won't regret doing it. For a little bit of time each day you can improve your overall health tremendously. Depression is a serious thing and you should take all the steps that you can to improve it.

St. John's Wort is a natural supplement that you can take that has been shown to alleviate the symptoms of depression.

I definitely recommend going the natural route (ie supplements, exercise, etc) over depression medication because you run the risk of dependency. Not only that, but a lot of people experience a lot of unpleasant side effects from them. And when you are on them more than a short time, your body builds an immunity to it and the doctor has to either increase your dosage or switch you to another type. But sometimes, the natural route doesn't help and you need to seek medical attention for depression as it can be a chemical imbalance. Either way, don't stay depressed.. try some different methods and see what works best for you!

• Like 1

Ditto on the "Me time" :thumbsup: Whether meditating or not, set aside some time everyday just for yourself and don't let anyone or anything else take it away from you :glare: Take the temporary attitude of "FTW" because your world needs you in good shape to work out right B) Physical relaxation at the same time helps relieve stress. My fave technique is taking a nice, long, hot bubble bath right after work, savoring the feeling and the aroma, listening to whatever music I feel like at the moment, and staying in the tub as long as I want to :D I won't answer the phone or the door or anything- the only thing which will bring my "Me-time" to an early end is if the house catches on fire- and so far that hasn't happened :lol: Otherwise the world can get by without me for a little while ;) Having CD myself, I have found this works wonders at keeping the dreaded episodes of the blues at bay. Always remember that you're worth the extra effort it sometimes takes to deal with life :) so give to yourself the good you deserve!

Bettypooh

St. John's Wort has no measurable effect according to double-blind studies so save your money. Ditto Ginko Belova, Cheick cridible journals on anything you put in your body You might google up Quackwatch and Pub Med. One of the few good things Dr. Edell does in his reports on such things is cite the source(s).

In addition, St Johns Wort, or any supplement for that matter, should be cross-checked against any medications you might be taking. Several supplements, including St Johns Wort, have been shown to have negative side effects when combined with some medications or certain other supplements.

lack of sleep can wreak havoc on a persons body, if you are not sleeping well, many of the symptoms can mimic depression, and anxiety/stress can definitely cause lack of sleep, leading one to have many symptoms that mimic depression.... I suggest talking with your doctor about the sleeping issue...

consistantly lacking sleep can cause your immune system, your endocrine system, your digestive system, your neurological system all to go haywire.... if you are unable to obtain 7 or more hours of sleep a night without waking then you might need a temporary sleeping aid.

there are some more natural things you can try as well. 1. make sure you HAVE at least 8 hours of uninterupted time, this will give you time to fall asleep. Try some sleepytime tea, it works really well, also lavender is known to have great calming affects. You can buy some dried lavender and put it inside your pillow case, or some lavender oil to burn in a little oil burner.

Also, speak with your professor, explain your anxieties and stress with the class maybe you just need a few days off to yourself to catch up on sleep...

and make sure you are staying hydrated and eating properly....

I have been there.... I used to go to school on an overloaded schedule (18 credits i.e. 6 classes a semester) plus i worked 15 hours a week at the library, plus i was a private tutor which took up a large amount of time preparing lesson plans etc.... i've experienced the havoc improper sleep plus not eating right, or even just only eating once a day, and not drinking enough water....

To be diagnosed clinical depression from what I can recall, the symptoms have to be consistent for at least six months. It sounds like you're sleep deprived. You might want to take some 'me' time and get some rest. also, try yoga, prayer, meditation, tea, whatever helps you calm your mind and relax.

I find my highs and lows follow the weather, when it's cold I always feel low, when it's warm I feel better. Perhaps you could work your life around a bit so that the time period you are lowest you don't have to deal with other people in any way, the "me time" with a different perspective I guess. I cut off communication with everyone during the winter, living in Seattle it gets cold. I even avoid neighbors, which is hard in an apartment building with only one entrance/exit and a door watcher. Not the easiest way to help, but it may prove effective for you as well.