LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Accepting Incontinence For The 2Nd Time

For years I have believed that I have accepted my incontinence and need for protection, but this morning it hit me that I feel like now I have REALLY accepted it.

I'm sitting here at my desk wearing a diaper under my normal clothes. I'm going out in a bit and know I could probably get away with one of my washable pants or a pull-up... but why make myself feel less than secure? I still use the toilet when I am able as I of course prefer to be dry, but I'd rather feel safe and ready for anything, so if someone wants to see a movie and go out to dinner I don't need to go home and change first, I'm covered.

I know no one notices my extra padding and even if they did they wouldn't say anything. I don't mind buying my supplies in person without any embarasssment and I am comfortable talking about my codition with family and friends.

I've accepted it, and it's become "just a part of my daily life" instead of a 'problem.'

• Like 2

I was happy to end my fecal incontinence. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I only wear when I am away from restroom facilities during the day.

As for the night-time thing, I wake up wet almost every morning.

For years I have believed that I have accepted my incontinence and need for protection, but this morning it hit me that I feel like now I have REALLY accepted it.

I'm sitting here at my desk wearing a diaper under my normal clothes. I'm going out in a bit and know I could probably get away with one of my washable pants or a pull-up... but why make myself feel less than secure? I still use the toilet when I am able as I of course prefer to be dry, but I'd rather feel safe and ready for anything, so if someone wants to see a movie and go out to dinner I don't need to go home and change first, I'm covered.

I know no one notices my extra padding and even if they did they wouldn't say anything. I don't mind buying my supplies in person without any embarasssment and I am comfortable talking about my codition with family and friends.

I've accepted it, and it's become "just a part of my daily life" instead of a 'problem.'

cant agree more and i am the same...

but for those who are not yet there... cheer up! in the end being in diapers is not that big a deal, they are just underwear. but it does take a bit of time to you to completely believe that.

Congratulations on being able to move on to the next step in personal happiness :) Though I am not incontinent, and nor would I wish it on anyone, this is an ideal illustration of the difference in thinking about this. I have said and will continue to say that incontinence is NOT a problem, but a condition. some may think this isn't a big deal, but it is. It is a reversal of thinking.

PROBLEM = something to overcome, and combat to solve = NEGATIVE

CONDITION = something that exists and you manage and care for = POSITIVE

Instead of combating the situation, you accept it for what it is, it's not going away, and it needs attention much like anything else, combing your hair or brushing your teeth etc. This becomes a ritual and just something else you do and need to do in your regular life, and it's no big deal.....:thumbsup:

Now I'm not saying that as a D/L, but as a person. I don't get why people sometimes choose to struggle and fight something that doesn't require that much effort. Those who still consider incontinence a "PROBLEM" will still struggle and be unhappy etc.

As June Allison (RIP) and other spokes people for incontinence garments (Depends) have said "get back into life" it's not that big of a deal...it's just some different underwear...sheesh

Congrats again on the realization....maybe you can make the day as an anniversary (November 11) the day you decided to be happy(ier) and your life became easier :)

Hey Duckie,

That is a great way to think about it I have spent too much time in combat mode. It's exhausting and it hasn't been helping.

you! you change your thinking and you change your life! :thumbsup::D

• Like 1

Hey Duckie,

That is a great way to think about it I have spent too much time in combat mode. It's exhausting and it hasn't been helping.

yup! you change your thinking and you change your life! :thumbsup::D

My attidude towards my own incontinence is in a positive frame of mind, and what benifits it has given me - ie the ability not to have to leave anything I am doing in order to take care of bladder or bowel movements etc. The undergarments I wear (diapers) are just a part of who I am, and what I need to do to take care of me. I have hair, so I have to use a hair brush / comb to take care of it -- in the same way, I am incontinent so I have to use diapers to take care of that.

It is NOT a life changing event to become incontinent... but it IS a wake up event. A baby wearing diapers does not have to make any choices cause an adult / career takes full control and care of that baby. An adult, however, SHOULD take full control of its actions, which includes forward planning, and self organisation. Some adults, and I use the term loosely, don't know how to plan or organise themselves, which reflects everywhere in their lives.

Allowing incontinence to control ones life is a very infantile action. A newborn fusses when it is wet / messy. It allows its diaper dependency to dictate its comfort level, and when it is uncomfortable, it cries. A diaper dependent adult should NOT let a wet/messy diaper dictate its emotions or actions. There is a very simple axiom that holds true... 'If your actions now can fix the problem, do so. If not, then forget about it, it is not worth worrying about'. Allowing ones emotions to be dictated by the weather and/or someone elses choices or actions and/or something that you have no control of is both silly and immature.

If you are unable to keep your underwear dry and clean between bathroom visits, then you NEED something to do this for you, and the garments designed for this job is diapers. The alternative is either spending your life in the bathroom, or having to deal with the hassle and embarrasment. A wet / messy diaper is always preferable to the embarrasement of wet / messy pants and the cost of cleaning / replacement of someones furniture etc. Wearing diapers does NOT say that you are a baby. A baby does not chose to wear diapers, it is the adult that is caring for the baby that makes that choice. A baby wets / messes its clothes and requires others to clean up its mess.

It is the mature and logical choice to wear diapers if you can't keep your undergarments dry / clean between bathroom visits. It is the immature, childish choice to continue to wet / mess ones undergarments.