LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tranquility

RMS401

Although I'm not the biggest fan of Tranquility's (Principle Business) products--diapers or pull-ups--I'm thinking about buying some ATNs from a local store. You know, for a little variety.

But when I came here this morning to get others' thoughts on them, I was realy surprised to find out that Tranquility doesn't have a pinned topic in this forum. Huh. Well, I suggest that we end that here and now.

I typically use the Tena Super Stretch diapers because they're discreet and fit very snuggly, but lately I've had a hankerin' for a good ol' plastic-covered diaper. For $16.00 I can get a pack of ATNs, which, in my experience are good, though certainly no match for the super diapers we all know and love.

What about you? Have you used the ATNs or even their Slimline diapers? Their pull-ups? What do you think of them?

-RMS

Aside from Bambino, Tranquility are my favorite diapers. With a booster, I find that they hold just as much as the Bambino does for me. I can easily wear a Tranquility for 12-24 hours. A lot of times I change more for hygiene than for the actual need of changing.

I love Tranquility ATN's, they are full coverage, thirsty, comfy and make a slight rustling sound as you move around (if you listen for it). Being that I wear 24/7 more often I wear their Premium OverNight pull-ups. If you visit their web-site they have a $10 off coupon. "somewhere" - I tried to locate it for this post with no luck.

http://www.tranquilityproducts.com

I left the TENA brand for Tranquility!

Huggie :biker_h4h:

I have some Tranquility Overnight pull-ups in my collection, but probably will never use them because they leak out the front for me. I even went so far as to send samples to Tranquility and they took them apart and found nothing wrong. Turns out, the waterproof backing only covers the absorbent pad, and that doesn't go up high enough for me to trust it.

UPDATE: Well, I finally got some ATNs today. I was just going to buy one pack, but they rang up at $12.99 so I bought two. In the large size you only get 12 diapers for that price, but it's not bad.

I'm eager to try them out, but can only do so on Saturday and Sunday mornings, since that's the only alone time I get in any given week. But while the Tena Super Stretch diapers are quiet and won't give me away if my wife does see me before I have a chance to get out of the diaper, I think I'd be busted in the ATNs. I know people say that other people can't hear the rustle of the plastic and that we're all just paranoid, but I think my wife might hear it and that would be very, very bad.

But, still, I look forward to strapping on a new old favorite and giving it a good soaking.

-RMS

I love Tranquility ATN's, they are full coverage, thirsty, comfy and make a slight rustling sound as you move around (if you listen for it). Being that I wear 24/7 more often I wear their Premium OverNight pull-ups. If you visit their web-site they have a $10 off coupon. "somewhere" - I tried to locate it for this post with no luck.

Well, while I still haven't been able to give the ATNs a thorough test, I did strap one on first thing this morning and let loose. It held everything just fine, but it reminded me of how thin these are, and why. These diapers have pretty good capacity, but it's all because of the SAP gel. While diapers from Molicare and Abena have plenty of fluff for shorter-term storage, the ATNs rely far more on the SAP, which turns the diaper into a gooshy bag of pee-pudding in no time. That's neither good nor bad, it simply is.

My hope is to be able to give this a more thorough test this weekend. I'll keep you posted here.

-RMS

P.S. Can I please get this pinned up where it belongs?

I've bought cases of both the Slimline and the ATN. They work two to three times better than a Depend in every case. The only thing slightly off-putting is the Komfort strip in the slimline. The ATN just has writing that serves as a wetness indicator while the Komfort strip is a piece of something like litmus paper between the outer cover and the fluff that indicates capacity.

Over all, I still use them when a little discreteness is required without complete stealth.

Each diaper has it's benefits depending on your needs. When I leave the house, I wear disposibles for discretion and convenience. BabyMaggie wears Tranquility diapers as they provide enough absorbancy for the duration of our outings and I like Tranquility because they offer adhesive backed inserts that increase the absorbancy of cheap diapers.

Depend USED to make "Boosts" which wss their only product that had any value for me. They stopped making it and now the only brick and mortar adult diaper product I buy are Members Mark diapers at Sam's Club. These are very cheap, but discrete and good for about 2 wettings. With a Tranquility "top liner" in them, they are reliable for 3 wettings. Your mileage may vary, but I like the flexibility they give me. The top shelf guys also have boosters, but they get too thick for me to consider them discrete and thus useful when going out.

Plus 2 for Tranquility!

Well, Tranquility has lost a customer. The ATNs are pretty absorbant, just like their Overnight pull-ups, but both suffer from a fatal flaw.

The ATNs are not only noisy, but they have double tapes that slide off the lower blue tapes and reposition themselves as soon as you sit down. Getting a good fit from these diapers is nearly impossible.

The Overnight pull-ups have a pad that extends all the way up to your penis and not a millimeter past, which creates leaks right out the front every single time.

Tranquility products are so close to being usable but fail on some really basic but vital points. Bummer.

-RMS

Love Tranquility as for Best diaper feel even after wet

but it lacks on few things or things could be changed to make them better

Loose the Double tabs

ADD a Frontal Elastic waisteband

Fix The cheap Outer Plastic cover that rips while refastening ,

Add a Front Landing zone

I wouldn't say this brand is all that forgotten I still love Tranquility brand diapers but i might be switching to Secure Personal Care Briefs for my night time brief.

• 4 months later...

I just found a supplier that will order these for me and let me pick them up at their store instead of shipping them to me at home. That alone is enough for me to want to try them. Giggles, just don't know where I will store 96 diapers at one time - lol. Anyone's thoughts on the ATN would be appreciated.

I used to be a bigger fan of the ATNs, about two years ago, but the quality and value seems to have gone downhill since that point. As LuvsGurl points out, the tapes don't stick worth anything at all. In the last bag I bought, unless I add additional tape, when I wear to bed usually two or three of the tapes have popped by the morning. The interior of them also seems much rougher than it used to be.

Right now, I'd actually recommend Depends over ATNs.

ATN's are one of my favorite brands aside from Abena and I haven't had much trouble with them. The tapes have come apart for me, however. I try not to tape them too tightly because that can compromise the holding power, I imagine if someone were to improperly size themselves for this diaper they would run into similar problems. But generally it is not a problem, and I am very careful not to get any oil on the diaper itself - this will make the tapes useless. The trouble I've had is with refastening the diaper - according to the package you are supposed to stick the secondary white tapes back on the blue ones to refasten the diaper but because the blue tabs have no adhesive on the ends, the secondary tapes can pull the tabs off. You can still refasten it by avoiding the blue tabs however. And when in doubt holding down the tapes for 30 seconds or so to allow the adhesive to 'set' seems to help.

The inner leg gathers help prevent leakage and it's pretty high capacity in my opinion. You can definitely see when it's near capacity so there aren't any surprises. The other thing I love about this diaper is the cut allows me to walk naturally. And I can fully close my legs which is good for a side sleeper. It's a good balance of discretion, comfort and capacity for everyday use.

I use their slimlines, both the plastic backed and the new "breathable" ones a fair amount. They're pretty absorbant and don't provide excessive bulk under street clothes.

Here it is: http://www.tranquilityproducts.com/showcase/index.htm

I love the Tranquility ATN. They're my second fave after Bambinos.

RMS401, tapes on most all diapers I tried over the years come free, I tried numerous premium brand diapers too. Pull-ups leaking yes they do if you flood the pull-up. Still I love Tranquility products. I used clear packing tape as a safeguard to keep them and EVERY diaper secure; it works everytime :)

Baby Tara THANK YOU for adding that coupon link! I will be using it on the next case I order :)

• 4 weeks later...

Don't waste your money. They don't hold a candle to Abena X-plus.

I disagree. An ATN can get me through the night, and then some. The peach mat keeps my skin dry, and helps prevent urine odor.

• 1 year later...