LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Import Diapers

Heh gang,

What rare out-of-continent (North America) diapers have you tried / want to try ? I'm not talking Abena, but those rarer imports, e.g. Ribro Slip. I've been on the German site Save Express and want your advice...what was your favorite and why?

Well I for one certainly want to try the Tena Maxi from Europe. Then maybe like the lille supreme and just because it is cool looking I think it is called the Perfect diaper, has little flowers and such on it. Then also whatever the thickest Euronform diaper is.

A good question I have is what is a big difference between adult diapers in the USA and those from other countries. I think I read somewhere on one of the forums that some diaper fillers or materials are restricted from being used in the USA but in other countries the governments allow different materials that may be more absorbent or things like that. Also, is the size different? Perhapse Japanese diapers may be made a little smaller since Japanese people are generally smaller than Americans (with the exception of sumo wrestlers!) Maybe the overall designs and fit are different, especially as far as if they have elastic waist and legs. Do forign adult diapers have more of a tendency to be thicker or plastic backed? It would be interesting to know and compair some of the differences.

I would like to try the ones that DL_Ashlee mentioned. But it has been my observance that European brands have what I call a "Europe cut". Almost all I have tried are cut to slim in the legs. Or should I say slimmer than the American counter parts. I have found this carries over to our imported brands that are common over here. Case in point is the Bambino, Which states a 34" size waist for a small. Not sure where they got that from. I've never worn a true small that would fit close to that. When I tried them, they fit my 28" waist okay but I would highly doubt they could have went much larger past a 30-31" and fit comfortable. I have almost no hips and thin legs and they were just to the point of being a tad to snug on my legs to get to fasten on the landing zone.

I would recommend that if you do try the brands overseas and are not in the Median of the size, but rather closer to the outside measurement, go up a size. I can wear a small in most sizes, but unfortunately Abena x-plus are cut way to small on my leg. I had to trim the plastic way down to the leg elastics (time consuming) to get them on to get decent blood flow to my leg :huh: Other than that the fit was fine.

Also if you noticed, the Dry 24/7's used to be only a Medium and Large size, they recently renamed their Medium to a small, and redesigned a larger Medium. which would mean they may have adjusted the large to bigger as well. Who knows. :whistling:

I, too, have little experience with Euro diapers, other than the Moliforms and Abriforms/Abrisans. Therefore I'm totally watching this thread for good info. I am serious about wanting to try them all but would maybe get another AB/DL to go in halfsies with me to get the case pricing.

I need a babyish adult diaper that can handle twelve hours of heavy wetting and defecation without leaking. I like to poop my overnight diaper in the morning and then sit in it for a little while. I've heard that there is now a specially designed adult diaper insert that has a special fold/ slit to contain poop (fecal containment device/ fecal receiver) and, if I can find it again, I'll probably order a case and then report about it here.

For a VERY interesting read on such a device there is a patent description (sans pictures) here at http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7160280/fulltext.html. Since this link get you to www.patentstorm.com but shows "Article not found"Or, just enter 'Fecal Containment Device' into the websites search bar. Great read!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to poop my Depends.

Have a nice diapered day, people.

I have ordered from the SAVE website before (www.diaper.de), and it is great.

I ordered:

Kolibri Supra (one of the best)

Absorin Night (OK)

Euron Night (incredible)

Riboslip Night (OK)

Soffisof (OK)

I have to say that the Euron Night and Kolibri Supra were the best. The feel of the plastic backing on these is unlike any US diaper. Very soft, but still plastic. They absorbed TONS, and if you like messing, they contain and hold TONS as well.

They have ruined me from truly enjoying any US diaper again. I don't know why any US manufacturer can't make something like these.

@ glenndl

"specially designed adult diaper insert that has a special fold/ slit to contain poop (fecal containment device/ fecal receiver)"

I think you're talking about the Abri-San by Abena . http://www.abena.com/Default.aspx?ID=3767&M=News&NewsID=851&pid=7343

@ dl mike

Awesome to hear you had good feedback from SAVE Express. How was shipping times? Any holdups / extra border delays ?

@ everyone

Anyone else tried European diapers ? What about Japanese ?

Ebay is a great place to find odd stuff like this, as there are a couple of people around who import these products, since they aren't other wise available here;

this is one listing I found, searching under "adult diapers" They might just be Molicares, but I'm not sure. They seem to be a darker color.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EUROPEAN-ADULT-SUPER-SUPER-THICK-ADULT-PLASTIC-DIAPERS-/320600189384?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa542a9c8

And here someone is selling what seems to be a whole bag of tena Slip maxies :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tena-slip-maxi-medium-adult-diapers-/110594977480?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bff96ec8

I have also seen someone selling diapers made in Isreal, which are supposed to be amazing, but I didn't see any listed this time. I am sure they pop up now and then.

These are some "forma-care" overnights...if that is anything anyone heard of.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EUROPEAN-FORMA-CARE-EXTRA-NIGHT-ADULT-BABY-DIAPERS-Lsam-/280570824618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41535307aa

Another vendor selling the forma-care line by the bag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADULT-FORMA-CARE-X-PLUS-EUROPE-LG-THICK-PLASTIC-DIAPERS-/300472506267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f58e979b

Then I came across these, I believe they were of European origin. The Megacare line has been out of production for quite a while. They were a great product, but kind of fit me small around the legs. This is probably a collectors item now, for anyone into that kind of thing :whistling:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Careline-Adult-Diapers-Premium-Briefs-/260667867516?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item82636b8b5e

More forma-cares...hmmm..I wonder whats up with all these listings...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADULT-FORMA-CARE-X-PLUS-EUROPE-MED-THICK-PLASTIC-DIAPER-/300468578487?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f552a8b7

Here some European delta form briefs

http://cgi.ebay.com/EUROPEAN-DELTAFORM-ADULT-BABY-PLASTIC-DIAPERS-BRIEFS-bg-/280547643169?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item870b286d47

Well, that seems to be it for Ebay. After scrolling and searching through 21 pages :blush:

They are out there, you just have to look. It also 'depends' on what you are looking for.

Happy shopping!

qwack

I hear that Japanese diapers are very small, only makes since as looking a average heights today is 5'10" for american men and 5'7" for Japan. In the 19th century it was 5'7 and 1/4 for US and 5'5" for Japan. Then of course there is the whole thing of the US having a huge obesity problem. Japan has started to also, but no where near the US. So I would assume that a large Japanese diaper would probably be like a Small American diaper. So most normal size diapers from Japan are probably not even going to fit me at 6'3" and 210 pounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also ordered from SAVE Express (www.airoliver.de) with excellent results. Shipping took about a month, and was expensive, but I expected that, and wasn't surprised.

From them, I ordered Tena Slip Maxi, Tena Slip Ultima, both have the best fit I've ever tried. Euron Nacht Plus, which are thick, and Attends 10 Special Care, which are ill-fitting on me. The next order will be Kolibri, Attends Active, Ribo-Slips and maybe something else.

I've noticed though, a package of diapers from Europe is a bit heavier in weight than one sold in the US.

From them, I ordered Tena Slip Maxi, Tena Slip Ultima, both have the best fit I've ever tried.

As somebody who has lived on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, I've tried most of the finer diapers in this life B). I'd agree that the Tena Slip absolutely does have the best fit bar none - certainly the most comfortable diaper I've ever used and they're nice and absorbent, too but (and there had to be one :P) the current top-of-the-range American diapers that we have nowadays are better than Tena Slip Maxi, IMO. Particularly thinking of Active Ultra here. The fit of the Active Ultra (and it's relatives) isn't quite as good as the Tena Slip but the absorbency is higher than the Maxi, I think.

Don't get me wrong, if I were visiting back home and I had room in the suitcase, I'd stuff as many Tena Slips in there as humanly possible to bring back with me because they are genuinely great diapers but there diapers available in the US that are very close to or better than the Tena Slip Maxi. I never tried the Ultima. I think it's cloth-backed?

About the only two major Euro diapers I never tried were the Attends Special Care 10 and the Lille Supreme. Unfortunately, I'm told the latter is cloth-backed these days so no longer quite so appealing :(

Some other European brands I've tried:

Euron-Form: A so-so diaper. Not great, not awful. Double-tape system similar to Molicare Super Plus. Major supplier to the NHS in the UK, I believe, which says something for their value but also says they're not top of the range :P (worth noting they're massively better than the 'blue hospital diapers' frequently found in the USA though :)).

Molicare and Abena: both readily available in the US in identical form to the diapers sold in Europe.

Tender Care: Value brand. Only really tried one bag of these IIRC but AFAIK, the fit around my admittedly skinny legs was very poor (chafing!) and they weren't that absorbent but better than I was expecting for the price.

• Like 1