LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Pull-Ups Generation. You Can Pee In Your Pants And We'Ll Take Care Of It For You!

Well, it's probably true in some respects - skills do get lost over generations. But at the same time, at the birth of the industrial revolution, people probably complained that kids didn't learn the 'life skill' of hand-spinning cotton any more and relied on these newfangled machines to do it for them. When the motorcar came about, I'm sure there were grumblings from older generations about how people don't learn to look after horses any more and rely on their cars to get about.

It's just progress, that's all.

what my offended intellectual side feels:

bitch please, come get me when you can take apart a $2000 computer, name every part and then put it back together again.

her opinion has absoloutly no value to me until she has mastered everything my generation has brought and everything hers has brought.

what my teenager side feels:

whatever -_-

• Like 1

That article worried me when she told the story about the 12 year old and the ice cube tray. But maybe that was just a REALLY DENSE kid. I can't even conceive of an intelligent individual failing to operate an ice cube tray, regardless of age.

This kind of thing seems to happen with every generation :screwy: yet we still we manage to not only survive but advance anyway :lol: I believe that humans have a limit of what they can keep in their brains. Like everything else human this varies with the individual. I offer the theory that people do not know the importance of something when they don't need it, thus they will not know it when that need arises. Would a Gen X or Gen M person get the ice cubes out of the tray before I could get a particular song to play on an Ipod? :huh: I don't know- I've never used an Ipod and I'm not keen on that kind of technology any more than they are with the ice tray :o Looking at it that way they are as dumb as a box of rocks, but so am I :whistling: This is why I rarely complain about the way the newer generations live. To the OP topic directly, I would have loved to have had the pull-ups they do now when I was growing up because of the bladder retention problems of my youth. I wouldn't have needed them because of convenience or laziness, but they would have offered a perfect solution for my problem- which is now back into my daily life :blush: I grew up too fast other than that and I believe that we live too fast for our own good now :screwy: Is there really a need to potty train by any age as long as it isn't causing other problems? Or is it better to let the child develop at their own pace? I've seen studies that go both ways and neither seems to be totally provable :rolleyes:

My Dad walked through six miles of near blizzards to go to school while I rode a bus. I could have walked through six miles of near-blizzard if I had to but I'm glad I didn't have to B) My Mom had to pick "Poke Salad" to eat when she was young or go hungry, while I got to eat tastier food from the grocery store. I could have done what Mom did but I'm glad I didn't have to :wub: My appreciation for this stuff didn't come to me until later in life, long after my youth, so I can see why today's kids seem to some of us older people as "expecting entitlement" in some way. Just the same way I expected to ride the bus and eat decently when I was young. Gripe if you must, but realize that you are just griping and that in many ways you might have done something similar to what you're griping about now yourself. I say let it go and see what comes of it :thumbsup: Every newer generation will be different- better in some ways and worse in others- but that's how it's always been and it's not going to change now. The human race seems to keep on going regardless of that and in many cases the newer things are better. Just do me a favor- don't ask me to pull up a song on your Ipod and I won't ask you to get ice from an aluminum ice tray :roflmao:

Bettypooh

This kind of thing seems to happen with every generation :screwy: yet we still we manage to not only survive but advance anyway :lol: I believe that humans have a limit of what they can keep in their brains. Like everything else human this varies with the individual. I offer the theory that people do not know the importance of something when they don't need it, thus they will not know it when that need arises. Would a Gen X or Gen M person get the ice cubes out of the tray before I could get a particular song to play on an Ipod? :huh: I don't know- I've never used an Ipod and I'm not keen on that kind of technology any more than they are with the ice tray :o Looking at it that way they are as dumb as a box of rocks, but so am I :whistling: This is why I rarely complain about the way the newer generations live. To the OP topic directly, I would have loved to have had the pull-ups they do now when I was growing up because of the bladder retention problems of my youth. I wouldn't have needed them because of convenience or laziness, but they would have offered a perfect solution for my problem- which is now back into my daily life :blush: I grew up too fast other than that and I believe that we live too fast for our own good now :screwy:Is there really a need to potty train by any age as long as it isn't causing other problems? Or is it better to let the child develop at their own pace? I've seen studies that go both ways and neither seems to be totally provable :rolleyes:

My Dad walked through six miles of near blizzards to go to school while I rode a bus. I could have walked through six miles of near-blizzard if I had to but I'm glad I didn't have to B) My Mom had to pick "Poke Salad" to eat when she was young or go hungry, while I got to eat tastier food from the grocery store. I could have done what Mom did but I'm glad I didn't have to :wub: My appreciation for this stuff didn't come to me until later in life, long after my youth, so I can see why today's kids seem to some of us older people as "expecting entitlement" in some way. Just the same way I expected to ride the bus and eat decently when I was young. Gripe if you must, but realize that you are just griping and that in many ways you might have done something similar to what you're griping about now yourself. I say let it go and see what comes of it :thumbsup: Every newer generation will be different- better in some ways and worse in others- but that's how it's always been and it's not going to change now. The human race seems to keep on going regardless of that and in many cases the newer things are better. Just do me a favor- don't ask me to pull up a song on your Ipod and I won't ask you to get ice from an aluminum ice tray :roflmao:

Bettypooh

My question is this: is potty training really necessary AT ALL? Think about all the medical conditions and illnesses related to or caused by holding waste products too long...

two - maybe three pieces to this.

1. parents have only themselves to blame for some of this (me too...I'm no better than most other parents)

2. does anyone here know how to start a car with a crank on the front end? Put a new typewriter ribbon in? etc. Yeah, skills are lost because they aren't needed anymore. So what? There are some better measures to use to see how our kids stack up. Their strengths are not and should not be what ours are to an extent.

3. So what's the big deal about pull-ups? Is it that we ought to be insisting they just wear full diapers for better protection??:whistling:

Well i feel offended. I may not know some of the skills my parents used when they were my age, but I can figure it out my way: (The Internet).

By the way I don't see what's wrong with pull-ups, how else are you suppost to potty train a child? :screwy: Just put them in regular underwear, let them crap themselves and then punish them? :horse:

does anyone here know how to start a car with a crank on the front end? Put a new typewriter ribbon in? etc. Yeah, skills are lost because they aren't needed anymore. So what? There are some better measures to use to see how our kids stack up. Their strengths are not and should not be what ours are to an extent.

i do its really not that hard

Whenever I see one of these articles about one generation being "stupid," or "lazy," it never ceases to amaze me that a person can be hateful, narrow-minded, and illogical enough, not to mention have enough of an inferiority complex, to get the thing written.

Each generation bitches about the one before it, and the one after it. That's life. Get used to it.

What really matters: If electricity/technology and public water stopped flowing, how many people would know how to survive?

I do. That what matters to me.

Each generation bitches about the one before it, and the one after it. That's life. Get used to it.

What really matters: If electricity/technology and public water stopped flowing, how many people would know how to survive?

I do. That what matters to me.

See, it might come from some people in each generation. I recognize that.

I just think that the people that do it are dumb, simply put. It's not a generational person thing. It's a "people who like to complain" thing.

Survival skills should be taught in public skill, I agree. To a degree, they are in some districts (mostly rural ones) and, of course, in the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. However, those two organizations are not ideal for various families in various ways, so perhaps there'd be some sense in a survivalism class in, say, Middle Schools as an elective (to replace PE?) to keep the knowledge going.

It shocked me, as I was teaching, that less than 5 students out of 175 in my classes had ever been camping, or even left the town I was teaching in. I'm glad that my district did not represent the norm. However, the fact that it exists anywhere is a bit sad.

Then there's a related thought:

People who are incompetent generally don't know it, due to the fact that they don't know what is required for success at X, they don't know they're horrible at it. :)

Anyway, the important thing is that we keep learning. I'm not talking about what year the Spanish American war ended, who really cares. Learning how to find information when we need it, or how to accomplish certain tasks, that's what is really important.

• 4 weeks later...

I should probably apologize since I'm the one who really started this current craze, back in the early 2Ks, especially with my "Generation Barney" stuff.

Some of the fauxpics I made were pretty hilarious too:

Fauxpic_-_6.jpg

^__^

Not ~really~ meant to be taken so overly serious, it's supposed to be for satire and parody, but a lot of people got the wrong idea and really went to town on the whole thing, which has since snowballed considerably.

By the way I don't see what's wrong with pull-ups, how else are you suppost to potty train a child? :screwy: Just put them in regular underwear, let them crap themselves and then punish them? :horse:

That's the way it was done in the 50's, 60's, 70's and before.

Guess that's why I am here now.

Just do me a favor- don't ask me to pull up a song on your Ipod and I won't ask you to get ice from an aluminum ice tray :roflmao:

Bettypooh

You've summed it up in a sentence.