LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Fricking Kitten Has Clawed Four Packets Of Tena Slips,

I accidentally left my wardrobe door open stacked four deep with tena slips supers and the little moister has ripped them to shredders making them useless and leaky, that cat has been nothing but a pain in the arse with the pissing and shitting everywhere., Now this. ;(

Diaper issue:

1. Leave the cupboards closed. This NEEDS to become habit.

2. Get him/her something better to scratch than the diapers. Find out what he/she likes. You may need to try different scratching posts. Just give him/her something pleasant and appropriate to scratch. Cats NEED to scratch things to shed their excess bits of claws. It's instinct AND NOT THE CAT'S FAULT. To help entice your cat, use catnip if he/she is receptive to it.

3. Trim the claws. BE CAREFUL of the quick - cutting the quick is painful and will make your cat bleed. It's like cutting your nail down to the point of bleeding - ouch! If you can't do it yourself or are too nervous to, go to a vet or groomer.

4. DO NOT DECLAW YOUR CAT. It's extremely painful, and like cutting the first digit of each of your fingers off.

Peeing and pooping everywhere:

1. Litter train your kitten. Take the pee or poop and put it in the litter box, in front of your kitten. He or she will get the process.

2. SCOOP the cat litter and replace the litter when needed. Cats are finicky and most won't poop/pee in a filthy litter box.

3. Have at least two litter boxes for your kitty - one main one, and one extra. Ideally, you should have at least 1 box per cat, plus one extra. They like this.

4. Get them spayed or neutered. Cats tend to "mark their territory" more when they can reproduce....Not to mention unwanted pregnancies in a female cat!

If you can't do these things, then you really have no business owning a cat.

Source: I have 3 cats.

~ moogle

• Like 8

Sorry to hear that! But what ever you do don't throw the cat in the trash! There's a big outcry in England right now of the women throwing a cat into the trash can. All caught on tape and all over the news. All over facebook and cat lovers are just ferious right now. Use your clawed tena's as stuffers. Relocate your tena's so your cat cant' get to them.

• Like 1

Sounds like you need to teach the kitty some discipline. And no, I don't mean beat it. Part of your responsibility in having a young animal is to teach it what is and is not acceptable. Follow Moogle's advice re the litter box.

Also, shredding stuff sounds like it's bored. Do you have other cats? Does the kitten have toys to play with? With all the energy and playfulness that kittens have stored up inside, if you don't provide something for it to play with, it'll find something of it's own choosing. Vis-a-vie, your diapers :P

Source: 4 cats, one of which is a 12-week old bundle of explosive energy.

Problem solved.

Must............ Resist..... Temptation..... To..... Flame.................

• Like 2

4. DO NOT DECLAW YOUR CAT. It's extremely painful, and like cutting the first digit of each of your fingers off.

You'll be pleased to know it's highly unlikely that the OP would be able to find a vet willing to do that in the UK. It's just not done. In fact, I believe it may be illegal.

• Like 1

Next time get a dog. They can chew when they are puppies, but I don't think they claw things like cats do, even older cats. Perhaps have your cat declawed if it's just a house cat/pet. Nothing against cats but I don't want a pet that dosn't go out in the yard to do their business. True, as some will point out to me, you still have to clean the yard of the doggie droppings but I don't want a cat peeing and pooping in my house in a litter box. The only one I want peeing and pooping in my house is me, and even then I sometimes use diapers! True, dogs may take more care in having to let them out all the time but I guess I'm just a dog person.

• Like 1

I had a problem with the kitties clawing up the flower beds and using them as the liteer box so I got expensive cat repellent... which worked fine but evaporated and had to be replenished daily. So I chopped onion... a fresh piece each day kept them away. You may wind up with onion-scented diapers... but it is an idea to consider. Or get smelling salts, which are conc. ammonia. They were widely used in Victorian Britain to revive fainting women. Don't put them to your cat's nose, just leave them on the cupboard; the cat will avoid it.

actually many cats are 'indoor outdoor cats' and if you have a small fenced in garden you can train your cat to go outside when it needs to go! we always had cats and never had a litter box, but the cats slept inside, ate inside, and generally lounged around inside, but would go outside when it was time to do their business....

sucks about trhe diapers, but yeah, kitten is board, get it a toy... one good in aluminum foil balls, also tie a little mouse toy on a string, hand it from the door knob, cat will keep batting at it...

• Like 1

Take cat, take burlap sack, insert cat into said sack and tie closed, throw cat in river.

Problem solved.

Wow, for once you're not trying to run this place or shame DailyDi because he doesn't run the Forums to your so-called 'standards'. Of course, this bullshit you wrote doesn't improve your standing any...moron.

You suck at life. Stop breathing.

• Like 5

:roflmao:

George, I can't for the life of me understand how you could possibly be surprised that the kitten did this! If you get a cat things will be clawed, it's a sure thing, a lead pipe cinch. You get a puppy and you will lose something expensive when he chews it to shreds, guaranteed.

If you get a pet you need to expect and plan for certain things. Remember that the pet is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, people who don't care for their pets should be held crimminally liable for them. When a pit bull kills some old lady it isn't the dogs fault, but the way it was raised, and the owner allowing it to roam the streets.

People need to wake up, I've seen too much cruelty to animals. Animals are helpless compared to us humans, they can only react to the situations forced on them by their owners. Care for your pets, and spay and nueter. Be responsible.

Peace,

Vic ;)

• Like 1
Guest Saturnine

Darkfinn you should be banned. Animal abuse is not something to joke about.

Something tells me at least 6 other people here agree with me. You post is bleeding red....

• Like 2

you better be nice to the cat

sorry she clawed your tenas it is kind of funny though

does she have a litter box or two ?

it is a long time since i had a kitten and they all seemed to be litter trained very easy . having the mama cat around to show them helps . and you can put the kitten in the litter box and gently hold the front legs make some digging motion .

have you taken the kitten to the vet make sure she doesn't have a urinary infection ?

• The box contains harsh odors. The litter box may have an offensive odor if you clean it with harsh chemicals. Or, if you don't clean it enough, the box may smell strongly of ammonia (a normal byproduct of urine). In either case, covered litter boxes hold in and amplify such odors. and cats don't like that

most cats prefer unscented litter .different cats prefer different litter texture . you might have to try out some other litter .

• The sides of the box are too high. Kittens can have trouble climbing in and out of such a box and then are unable to use it

• The box is in an unpleasant area?. Avoid placing the litter box in a high-traffic, noisy, dark, or dank area.
    • Your cat is afraid to use the box.? If another cat, dog, or human terrorizes your cat when she's in the box, or ambushes her as she exits, she may avoid the box altogethe

I hhope your kitten soon stops soiling the house

I had a cat that liked to make droppings in my clothes drawers and the bath room tub

post-24835-071587500 1282820170_thumb.jp

post-24835-071587500 1282820170_thumb.jp

I'm reminded of those so called "books" that have funny author's names.

"Seven Steps To The Bathroom" by Willy Makeit, illustrated by Betty Wont

"Under The Bleachers" by Symore Butts

"On The Beach" by Sandy Bottoms

"Cat's Revenge" by Claud Balls

I don't hate cats or kittens but I'm more of a doggie person B) I do find that it's harder to train those stubborn felines not to destroy my things than it is with dogs but it can usually be done :thumbsup: That said, until they are trained it's your job to prevent the unwanted and that's not always easy to do :rolleyes: I've come home and found the pot of a a prized flower chewed up and the flower on the ground dying because of my dog :crybaby: and the strange thing is that it was only this single flower pot- not the other flower like it across the porch :huh: Luckily I saved the flower. I put it in a clay pot and put it right back as I told my doggie what I felt.The next day that pot was turned over and moved. I put it back again inside another pot to make it heavier ;) After work it too was turned over :( I put concrete blocks around the replaced pot and that ended the problem :P After my dog got used to that I removed the blocks- and the flower pot remained untouched from then on :D I finally figured that she liked to lay on that corner of the porch and that one flower pot blocked her view of the neighbors door. I had to prove my will was stronger than hers and that I was going to get my way whether she liked it or not. Once she understood that problems with her were few and small. After awhile I rearranged the flowers and gave her the panorama she wanted ^_^

Cats are strong-willed so you really have to work at it to teach them this lesson and there are some whose will isn't going to give in to yours about anything. I personally don't like that kind of cat, I prefer those who will meet you halfway. Trouble is that whether dog or cat, when you're raising them from the start you can't tell what you're going to get until you've gotten it :angel_not: That's where many people lose touch with their pets and just push them aside and out of their lives, leaving the poor animal to an unhappy life or worse :bash: When you get a pet it's your responsibility to take care of them from start to finish and this means more than just food and shelter- it means letting them into your life or giving them to someone else who will do that. Like us they need that depth of the sense of belonging, of knowing they are cared about, of their self-worth. I'm sorry that Goerge had problems but that goes along with raising a pet- until they know better you have to do all the thinking to prevent those problems. And at least the kitty didn't claw a priceless painting or family heirloom so take it in stride and invest the effort to keep it from happening again.

Bettypooh

PS: I often disagree with Darkfinn just as I do here, but he's entitled to his opinion and to post it just as all of us are. If he were banned it would signify that all of us had lost some of our freedom to post. I don't want to see that happen!

BP

I'm attempting to start a movement towards more sanity, tact, and tastefulness in the community so far it is slow going but I know the only way AB/DL as a whole is going to survive the next 10 years is if we clean up our act.

Take cat, take burlap sack, insert cat into said sack and tie closed, throw cat in river.

Problem solved.

Darkfinn, How on earth do you reconcile the first statement, taken from your profile, with the second?

Darkfinn, How on earth do you reconcile the first statement, taken from your profile, with the second?

At first view, taking his words for face-value, absolutely nobody can reconcile his two statements. The only conclusion that can be drawn, to wit, is that his definition of words differs starkly from social convention...namely, those words being "sanity", "tact" and "tastefulness". Coupled with describing himself in his profile as "Resident Arsehole", what other conclusion can be drawn of darkfinn other than "tragic sociopath"?

"By their fruits you will recognize them. A bad tree does not bear good fruit, nor does a good tree bear bad fruit". Shame on me for quoting the Bible, but the quote, be it in or out of its intended context, whether on a relative or absolute basis, has truth and is germane to the situation at hand. The only thing left for decision: which 'tree' does darkfinn wish to be?

• Like 1

As I've pointed out in other topics: Keep yer critters away from anything y'don't want 'em to be able to destroy... Also, you really need to keep an eye on the kitten and litter train it. Plus, cats need toys. Especially kittens. And something they can scratch (a post, one of those arched nail file thingies, the leg of someone you don't like, etc).

I'm reminded of those so called "books" that have funny author's names.

"Seven Steps To The Bathroom" by Willy Makeit, illustrated by Betty Wont

"Under The Bleachers" by Symore Butts

"On The Beach" by Sandy Bottoms

"Cat's Revenge" by Claud Balls

That should be "1000 Feet to the Outhouse" by Willy Makeit.

I often disagree with Darkfinn just as I do here, but he's entitled to his opinion and to post it just as all of us are. If he were banned it would signify that all of us had lost some of our freedom to post. I don't want to see that happen!

Then, by implication, there's no place for demotion or banishment on the basis of individual merit here? It's corporate or nothing at all? The way I see it (a.k.a. "IMHO"), a person rises or falls based on his attitude or actions. He/she is solely responsible for his words and actions. Why should many suffer for the misdeeds of one?

It's often been said by some that "nobody wins unless everyone wins". It's also been said that "a tree cannot grow unless you prune it". In the end, this is all up to one person: darkfinn. His defeatist and fatalist remarks do this Forum absolutely no good at all. Merely my POV.

• Like 1