317 members have voted

1. 1. I want new diapers with...

• Double-Thick and Thirsty padding
    • Boy and Girl Designs
    • "Fade when wet" designs
    • Stickier Tape Tabs
    • Multi-Color Packs
    • Other (Reply)

Waddles would be a great name. Tapes that both refasten multiple times but stay put when they are supposed to. Velcro or similar seems called for... Stretchy tapes (which already exist) would help. But not stretchy sides: then we could not get them as snug as they should be.

I dunno about you guys but it is important to me to have the thing symmetrically taped or it's lopsided, and hurts the fit and the looks. I would not say no to a series of dots of different colors along the landing zone, so you know where to put the tapes each time; we are all different shapes: one medium does not fit all, neither all guys nor all gals. (yay hips.)

• 4 weeks later...

I Want Diapers Made For Girls I Hab All This Padding Up Front That I Dont Need and Never Enough In Da Middle Where I Do Need It ( Boys could ware them also but I beleve the Boys need the front padding ) The Front Padding Pulls Some But Just Ober The Mound For The Most Part The Front Stays Dry Alot Of Wasted S.A.P.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

i'd like to see a thicker diaper, one with better tapes and but especially one with odor fighting abilities. something that neutralizes that stale pee smell and smelly poop stink. i think that would be a great feature if you dont want to broadcast to the world that you are wearing a wet/full diaper

I would like to see more diapers with a full outer print, like the ABU Cushies. I would also like to see stronger tapes where they anchor to the back panel. A trapezoid shape and/or longer anchor would be nice. Have had a couple of Bambino tapes pull away from the back panel over night.

I would like to see a babyish diaper like the ABU lineup use a single fold for packaging, just like the baby diapers do. This is just for sentiment, I know it is more practical for packaging to double fold. I'm big on how the diaper looks and feels coming out of the package.

i'd like to have a daytime diaper that has the real hourglass shape in the front, not just a rectangle that follows the leak guards you know? basically the same thing in the back of the diaper but in the front.

I would also like to see a system where the liquid in the front goes to the back in a better way.. unless i go #2 in them, my diapers are always only 50% used, its kind of a waste!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

It looks like unless you wear a Molicare (or similar) padding is the biggest winner. Even then though a Molicare, Bambino or Abena needs better tapes. Attends used to have it right but they've slipped- not to mention the other, lesser diapers out there. Boy/Girl designs (color/prints instead of wetness indicator) with better wicking would be a major improvement too.

Really though, any one improvement would be a great selling point (as has been proven in the past), I don't understand why diaper manufacturers don't try to set them selves apart more. Wouldn't that improve their sales?

I Want Diapers Made For Girls I Hab All This Padding Up Front That I Dont Need and Never Enough In Da Middle Where I Do Need It ( Boys could ware them also but I beleve the Boys need the front padding ) The Front Padding Pulls Some But Just Ober The Mound For The Most Part The Front Stays Dry Alot Of Wasted S.A.P.

A bit hard to read, but addresses a real point....

As a guy, I never really make use of the front portion of the padding - it points down, which means it goes straight down the middle. Why do so many companies make diapers with heavy padding in the front where it doesn't ever get used?

Because as a guy I always wet the front padding the most- i'm too big to point down. The manufacturing process also limits where and how the padding can be distributed, and since they are trying to make one diaper fit all it's easier for them to just put the padding everywhere.

Still, improved wicking would be a major improvement for everyone which is why I don't understand why they haven't tried to do it.

THICK THICK THICK! I WANT THICK! Especially thick in the crotch, but thick everywhere. Not just thick, but super-ultra absorbant, too. And non-clumping.

Odor neutralizer like they have for "regular" adult briefs. Not a scent, but something hypo-allergenic and prevents smells.

Leak guards to contain poopies.

Gender specific designs. (Bambino all but yelled at me when I told them that I didn't like the Teddies cause all the Teddies have blue diapers and they should consider making either a girl version with pink diapers on the Teddies, or a unisex version with assorted pastel diapers on the Teddies.)

Fluff on the entire wings. I'm a side/tummy sleeper and I always end up with uncomfortable moisture on the sides of my hips.

SUUUUUUPER sticky tapes, and wider and longer ones, too.

Stretchy waistbands on the front and back.

LOUD plastic backing.

^^^^^My perfect diaper.^^^^^

Super thick and thirsty padding is a must for diapers, and the sooner manufacturers realize it, the better disposable diapers will work for us! Think of the 2 basic disposable incontinence products on the market today - Disposable adult diapers and disposable adult pull on underwear. Whiel they are both designed to keep a person's pants from getting wet if they urinate, they are actually for 2 different types of needs. Obviously the disposable pull on underpants are designed for minor bladder accidents and leakage, as when a person laughs too hard, excersizes or sneezes. Just the design of them, pulling them on and off like underpants shows that they are not ment to be changed several times a day. Mostly a "just in case" measure that a person may put on in the morning, wear all day and remove at night, possibly not even wetting them but wearing them "just in case".

Now, take adult diapers. They are designed to fold open and tape on a person to make it easier to change many times a day when needed. They usually have a fuller seat and wider crotch than the pull on underpants and the padding goes all the way to the top in the front and back (and used to go on the sides too!) Obviously these adult "briefs" are designed for incontinence and the need for being changed several times a day, plus containemnt and absorbency.

Why, then, do manufacturers feel that they have to "slim down" and make the actual diapers "more discreet" and cut back on the padding, size, etc? Maybe some people with some light bladder leakage now and then years back wanted a product that was thinner and more discreet. They now have it! Disposable underpants! With two different styles of product to choose from, those with light or occasional bladder leakage can choose the pull on undergarments now that are thin and discreet! Those with actual incontinence need a product that will absorb a heavy wetting and possible multipul wettings without leaking as they may not always be able to change every time they wet! Now that there is a choice of 2 different styles of products, leave the thin and discreet for the occasional leakage people and make a thick and thirsty diaper for those who have incontinence! I don't think a lot of truly incontinent people would complain that their diaper is too thick or absorbent! As far as embaressment, I'd rather my jeans look a little bulky than have big wet spots on them because my diaper was too thin and didn't absorb well enough! Keep pull on underpants thin but go back to making the actual adult diapers thick again with padding enough to do the job! Those who feel embaressed that they have to "wear something" can chose the thin and discreet underpants. The others who really need a good absorbent diaper are not likely to be as embaressed for having to wear diapers, so why try and make them discreet and cause the product to suffer because of it?

Guest Baby Tiana

I voted for boy and girl designs, stickier tapes, and multi-color.

I think it would be nice to have something that isn't just white or purple, but almost any color. :) Also it would be interesting to see what sort of designs they use for a girl and boy one. I don't think I would like the silly ones that are on good nights! Maybe Elmo? :)

I too voted for thick and thirsty as i like the feeling and need them at night. The one thing i would really like is refastenable tapes it would make it so much more convenient if you had to poop and your diapers not wet to be able to loosen the tapes ,do your business etc and then retape therefore extending the life of the diaper and saving a little money as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...