LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shaving For Guys

I've been back and forth with my dermatologist on the topic of shaving ... for years.

After lots of skin problems and other drama, we came to the conclusion that it's better not to shave. Rather, trim them short.

For some people, shaving creates new problems, for example, ingrown hairs. That increases irritation in an already irritated area.

Having said that, I am in the "no-hair" camp.

The very best thing to do, if you have the time and the money and the inclination, is to remove all or some of your hair permanently with electrolysis.

The hair that captures most of the odor is the area between the belly button and the base of the penis. That hear is very easy to remove permanently.

The number of electrologists treating the genital area is increasing. If you're looking, this is a great resource to read through:

http://www.hairtell.com

There is a genital hair removal forum.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have never really liked body hair so I try to keep everything except for my armpits and eyebrows and hair shaved. Once a week I'll shave my butt and penis area. I like clean shaven skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped shaving clean down there since like my early twenties. Now i always trim, it's much better feeling even when you go around. When I cleaned shave it was always quite itchy and vulnerable to any infections or stuff like this. Thing is that maybe if I used like electric shaver like those that are available now I wouldn't have this effect, but like 15 years ago I only used a razor and it left my skin clearly itchy and vulnerable. Not to mention, that every single girl that I've been told me, that she actually likes trimmed hair than cut clean shave. It has boosted my ego back then a bit I remember as I always trimming or even making some kind of pattern a few times when I was bored.. hah, great times. Nowadays of course I still keep trimming - and my wife loves it, so I'm never getting back to clean shave anywhere, but my face :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been shaving down there for over 20 years. Don't really remember having to deal with the razor burn that affects some folks. I have also tried a variety of the hair removers. I normal routine now is to use my razor while showering. When I want a total hair removal I use Veet. I will apply it before getting in the shower and allow the recommended time to let it work then get in the shower. I make sure I totally rinse it and use a wash rag to totally remove the cream and the hair. It tends to be tender down there for awhile after but no real big deal for me. I also usually add some body lotion when dry. 

• 4 weeks later...

I use Nivea foam and a Gillette Mach 3 razor in a nice warm bath. I usually shave my armpits, chest, groin and bottom, but I have also shaved my arms and legs on occasion. Afterwards I use baby lotion for a few days to soften the hairs and decrease the risk of ingrown ones. 

On a side note, I used baby lotion when I ran out of shaving balm for my face, it's surprisingly effective and left my skin soft and supple.

Ok, this one is simple.  I shave all the things, and I am a hairy guy.

Something most shaving companies won't tell you: you can use conditioner! Yeah, like that bottled stuff you already have in your shower.  I lather my whole body up every second morning.  Wait 2 mins for the hair to soften, then I use the "up down" stroke (with the razor, ok??).  When you pull up, it shaves, push down, and it clears the stubble from the blades.  Once you have the skills, everything below your nose comes of in about 5-7 minutes.

I epilate my arms, because I don't want any stubble there.

Ingrown hairs are a problem when you start, but after consistent shaving, they go away.

Exfoliating helps.

Don't sit on the fence: if you don't like your hair, get rid of it!