LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers In Public For The First Time?

I plan on wearing diapers in public for the first time next week. Does anyone have any advice?

Don't worry- be happy :whistling: Really, as long as you dress for discretion then nobody will know a thing :) So take my advice and enjoy the experience- it's something that you'll remember with happiness for a long, long time :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

just do it. i never understand what the big deal is hell i wore them to school in high school noone notices. but tha twas 2004. and ia hate to say that todays world cares less today

if you're concerned about someone "noticing," wear a skirt, or a comfortable dress. No one will notice unless they are specifically looking for a diaper. Enjoy it. :)

Yup nothing to worry.. I wear them to work with shorts.. no one knows.. If you're worried just wear baggy clothing and act normal, weird behaviour will attract attention.

BTW you are going to feel like your ass is 10 miles out.. but in reality it's not.

any advice?

Don't wear skin-tight pants.

People don't notice what they're not looking for.

Your diaper bulge isn't as a big as you think.

All the advice you receive won't calm your nerves. Experience, and realising for yourself that nobody looks for people wearing diapers when they're buying groceries in Walmart on the other hand, will.

I do not have any advice, but I plan on doing the same thing this Friday. I have never worn a diaper out in public. My current plan is to drink water until I am peeing like crazy, then drink a cup of caffeinated tea, put on a depends extra absorbency pull-up and a pair of plastic lined workout pants (the ones boxers use to lose weight fast for a fight), throw some towels on the seat of the car and go for a ride. I am kicking around the idea of going to a coffe shop and ordering a coffee at the counter while peeing, but I don't know if I can get my courage that high. I am sure i won't have a problem going as i nearly peed my regular shorts after drinking lots of water this morning.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Lots of good advice above. BettyPooh is Right. Try it at your own pace, you'll see its mostly a matter of getting past your own pre-concieved notions and fears that should blow away like so much smoke once you try wearing. It doesn't show as much as one would think, people care more about themselves than they do what YOU are wearing and the general public is not worried about someone using incontinence garments.

Yep, I do it all the time. I wear depends Maximum protection to work and I wear Bambino's (or similar) and plastic pants everywhere else. I've gotten over the fear with the help of some friends who also wear for fun. Now its your turn!

Guest Saturnine

Since it is your first time, go slow. Just take a relaxing stroll and don't put pressure on the tapes. Do not use it in any way the first time. Test the waters and see what your own personal limits are just wearing the diaper and not using it. Don't wear really tight jeans, they would only make it more noticeable. If this is successful then any other later days you go out diapered you can test the waters more and be more daring. The goal of taking it slow is register with your own eyes the ins and outs and what people will notice and what people won't notice. Wishes for luck.

I plan on wearing diapers in public for the first time next week. Does anyone have any advice?

My advice would depend on where exactly you intend to be seen. I've only recently mustered the courage to be seen in public. Open-plan changing areas at the pool have also caused problems but my advice would be [in general], never to assume that everyone is going to suddenly stop whatever they're doing and stare. Recently I changed at the beach standing up just the same as anyone else and got down to my nappy and plastic pants, then sat down under a towel to take them off and no-one took a blind bit of notice. I think we often worry a little too much about what other people think anyway.

Jean skirts are my wife's best friends! Very discrete wrt hiding diaper bulge and dark colors are diaper friendly. Black denim is best. The challege is not just hiding the diaper you are wearing under your clothes, it's also having a diaper change with you, finding a place to do the change AND disposing of your soiled diaper. My wife and I have had to figure this all out to stay in diapers for over 2 years. We both wish you success!

No one will take any notice of you unless you have super thick obvious diapers on under really tight pants, you act nervous, or you make it obvious that you are wearing by letting your diaper show out of your clothes. Just be cool, act normal and things will be fine. If you do have any worry that you might be noticed or that you might run into friends (even if they can't notice you have on a diaper, you might become flustered when talking to them because you know you have a diaper on), go out of town to a mall or someplace where it's not likely you will run into friends or anyone you know. On some off chance that someone should happen to put things together and think you are wearing diapers, who cares if a stranger out of town that you'll never see again happens to notice?

And as far as the crinkle noise don't worry because crowd noise drowns out the sound of the diaper. When I first started wearing I always kept change in my pockets and would jingle it to hide the crinkle. After awhile I realized I didn't need too.....

The only time I have ever found my diaper's crinkle to be audible was when I was either wearing a dressing gown (bathrobe for our American friends) or something really thin and flimsy like thin cotton pyjamas. I suppose for a girl, wearing a skirt made of thin material might make the crinkle audible but just about any other clothing suitable for the outside world should damp the sound out completely, especially when you include background chatter and noise. In a nutshell, just don't worry about crinkle. Nobody can hear your diaper.

I've only been out in public in a diaper twice. Once during a walk to school to pick up some documents, and another time to a restaurant with my dad. (Who is completely unaware of me being a DL.)

My biggest concern was for the bulge, rather than the noise (Tight underwear over the diaper silences it effectively). It was during winter, however, so the bulk was lost under all the warm clothing. 

And as far as the crinkle noise don't worry because crowd noise drowns out the sound of the diaper. When I first started wearing I always kept change in my pockets and would jingle it to hide the crinkle. After awhile I realized I didn't need too.....

When I first started wearing tenas about 10 years ago, I used to wear a nappy then a pair of tights that would hide the noise of crinkling under trousers then a long shirt or coat to hide the rounded bottom. Then I have been getting more adventurous, now 10 years on I wear a nappy with a tanga style bikini bottoms over the top with a pair of board shorts works a treat with a long polo shirt on summer days or coat on rainy days.

In my flat I wear a long polo shirt an tanga style bikini pants over my nappy so if I look out the window people will just glimpse my tangas should they be looking.

I also now use double sided sticky tape and stick a baby nappy inside my tena to act as a soaker and increase the capacity, try it works like a treat.

post-2130-065715200 1282289170_thumb.jpg

post-2130-065715200 1282289170_thumb.jpg

You Have Walked By Tons Of Peeps that ware and never knew i have only been pointed out one and that was by a prolly 3yo little girl and the reason for that is she was right beside me in the store and my diaper was in her line of sight so ta speek. But noone Will notice nobody realy cares sadly.and changing in a stall is a nightmare as far as room and you will think that the whole world can hear and know whats going on in the stall and again no one cares the only ones that would have the tinyest idea would be someone else thats padded and have done the same thing for years and are used ta the sound and they wouldnt think anything of it. I myself know I have heard that sound myself but sence I have made the same sound i dont think about it. I was just out there with out a choice so i had ta do it and the world didnt end there hab been embearsing times and the longer you ware its bound ta happen one way or the other but even the worst the world didnt end and the others im sure didnt think about it much and now i really dont care but i member how I felt when I had to so all i can say is use common sence and dress the way you always do as much as possable or that will stick out but we all have larger shirts that can cover the back all common sence stuff and if the oddest thing does happen and your outed dont stress it it wount be on the news and most even if they see your diaper will not say anything about it anyway as stated before Peeps Just dont care. so just enjoy and say forget the bull NO one will know and even if they did they dont care. Good Luck