LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Bambino Diaper Press Release

Now I really want a rear picture of this thing to judge what the heck "blue tape system" and "stretch tapes" means...

I wonder if they're like the stretchy tapes on Molicare Premiums? This photo (beware: link is to a diapered crotch shot photo plucked from Google image search!) shows them quite well... I've not seen them in the flesh but AFAIK, the purple bit in the middle of the tape is stretchy and is supposed to stop the diaper gapping or working loose.

I suspect that might be what Bambino are talking about because I see no reason why they would go to the two-layer (aka target tape) system otherwise... It's just not needed when there's a tape landing zone. However, the two layers are obviously needed if one layer is stretchy :) We shall see, I suppose. Hopefully one of our west coast members will post some good pics of the tapes in the next few days (please! :P)

I wonder if they're like the stretchy tapes on Molicare Premiums? This photo (beware: link is to a diapered crotch shot photo plucked from Google image search!) shows them quite well... I've not seen them in the flesh but AFAIK, the purple bit in the middle of the tape is stretchy and is supposed to stop the diaper gapping or working loose.

I suspect that might be what Bambino are talking about because I see no reason why they would go to the two-layer (aka target tape) system otherwise... It's just not needed when there's a tape landing zone. However, the two layers are obviously needed if one layer is stretchy :) We shall see, I suppose. Hopefully one of our west coast members will post some good pics of the tapes in the next few days (please! :P)

I have had molicares for quite a while, and never seen those type of tapes..That looks kind of cool! :D I wonder if that helps with the tape issue that molies have always had in the past, and improved their performance at all, if anyone knows...????

I have had molicares for quite a while, and never seen those type of tapes..That looks kind of cool! :D I wonder if that helps with the tape issue that molies have always had in the past, and improved their performance at all, if anyone knows...????

All of that message above and I made a comment about the Molicare in question with the stretchable tapes a few posts before AuntieAB's post.

The tapes reminds me of the elastic ones on the Molicare Super Comfort Plus diapers, for some reasons. I've never had good experience with them as the stretchable (plastic elastic) tapes always breaks after six to eight hours.

I wonder if this will be different, but I'm going to hold out on getting them until you guys have tried them out.

The elastic isn't wonderful, really. It might help for going out, being active in some ways - but I never saw any benefits of having them on the diaper. I found them to be an annoyance with them breaking quite often (stretched out and snapping apart) in just 6-8 hours. Occasionally it'll break earlier than that and you would have to resort to duct tape. Oh yeah, even with the elastic, it can make the diaper loose, easily. Duct-taping it will fix the problem of course.

The difference between the new Teddy Bambino and the Molicare is the breathable sides on the Molicare and hopefully the tapes are not of the same design as found on the Molicare. Here's my picture of the diaper. I know the close-to-crotch shots aren't exactly the nicest view in the world, but at least it shows the elastic used in the taping system on the Molicare Super Air Comfort Plus briefs.

post-24016-089742400 1280870887_thumb.jp

post-24016-089742400 1280870887_thumb.jp

After looking at the Bambino Teddy Diaper and using Photoshop and all that to blow it up without pixiling on me. It seems like they will be very similar to what the Molicares have in the picturs in the previous message. Only difference that it seems is that the tape strechy color will be blue, and who knows maybe Bambino has come across a better stretchy tape. I hope they do work well! I would hate to have to throw diapers away after only wearing a few hours. Nothing is better then a bambino for 12+ hours and then that super wet and baby like :) Can't wait! Hope this helps, and If im wrong im sorry! Its just want it seems like in the photo! :)

Guest little_jonny

the more baby print diapers that come out, the more i want to try them cause they look to damn cute. and remind me of growing up with the same prints on baby diapers

• Like 1

Okay...Well it's not Okay. WTF. can someone please explain why the smalls are last to appear (if ever). I mean it's obvious there is a market for them. Why would they always be the size that's out of stock? I'm getting tired of not having diapers made in my size from ABU's to now Bambino dropped out our prints. Heck with it, I'm staying with my Moli's, they have always made and have my size! Phoooeey on this. Waiting all this time...and I get left with the empty bag again! :badmood:

• Like 2

Okay...Well it's not Okay. WTF. can someone please explain why the smalls are last to appear (if ever). I mean it's obvious there is a market for them. Why would they always be the size that's out of stock? I'm getting tired of not having diapers made in my size from ABU's to now Bambino dropped out our prints. Heck with it, I'm staying with my Moli's, they have always made and have my size! Phoooeey on this. Waiting all this time...and I get left with the empty bag again! :badmood:

Down, Repaid. Down. They don't have large either. This is a trial period for them. If it works out, they will make in all sizes. Think of it like this. I have big feet and need larger shoes. I am a size 13. Have you noticed how big the size 13 section is relative to the size 10 section? How about pants? Trying to find 34in lenght pants can send you to half a dozen stores to find! Why is this you ask? Because the vast majority of the population is smaller than me so the vast majority of the products are too small for me.

The same can be applied for you as well. Not too many can wear smalls either. They probably sell more mediums than any other size. Therefore, they focus on what they sell the most of. They don't ignore the other sizes completely but they have to focus more on where the higher demand is. If there is not a high demand for smalls, they make fewer of them. This makes it easier for them to run out but they would have less sitting around collecting dust. I don't know if it is true or not but I have hard that diapers can lose thier effectiveness over time sitting around so making less would be better in the long run than if they just sit around. I work in fast food. We make more of the product that we sell more of. It is easier to run out of the product we make less of but there are fewer orders for it so it is all relative. We do eventually go down that product but that is something that just happens. Besides, they run out of mediums and large from time to time as well.

• Like 1

Who hoo! I got the shipping notice that my samples are on the way:D They might be tonight or tomorrow....since TBHG is up in norcal, it shouldn't take that long. I'll post pics when I can ;)

qwack

• Like 1
Guest rosemonde10

I just HAD to order the sample pack of 2. I simply adore the new teddy prints and love them lightyears more than the old baby prints on the originals. Those got old fast and were TOO ABDLish. These teddies make the diaper more babyish than the word Baby itself.

I want them NOW!! I almost considered opting on the 44 dollar overnight delivery option, but then I used my brain and thought otherwise. No logic in spending 50 bucks on diapers you paid 7 bucks for.

• Like 1
Guest YkDave

^^^

I agree, the old design is pretty 'in your face'. the teddy design is just as babyish (if not more) without the blatant writing on the front!

• Like 1
Guest rosemonde10

^^^

I agree, the old design is pretty 'in your face'. the teddy design is just as babyish (if not more) without the blatant writing on the front!

This is how I view the old Bambinos: The "Baby" design on it is kind of stupid. They look like diapers that are made for those who aren't really intelligent. Like "Baby" means "the thing you are now holding is a BABY. Please be gentle".

Teddy Bears are much more subtle while still being babyish to suit my needs.

• Like 1

I'm sure all the sizes will show up. These have an improved design and are likely responding to the ABU diapers improvements.

As to the order of sizes, supply and demand. Mediums cover most people. So medium, then large, then small/x-large. Patience I'm sure will win the day on that front.

I really want to order these today, but I just have too many diapers right now. Only one way to fix that...

Yes, those are the tapes I was hoping for :D

Looks like they're somewhat different to the Molicare version in that the stretchy bit seems to be made of the same material as the stretchy sides of baby diapers?

Also, a decent close-up view of the teddies - much, much, much better and cuter design than the baby blocks :D

I'd wager that (apart from the tapes and landing zone, of course) the construction of the diaper is similar/the same as Active Ultras. The softer plastic, slightly better waistband and marginally better absorbency all sound like Active Ultra to me :))

*excited*

• Like 1

I have to admit I wish they didn't go to the the blue landing tapes (this is my uninformed opinion right now). One of my favorite parts of the Bambino and secure x-plus is the ability to re-tape and adjust (and it seems to be the only diapers that can do this). I ordered my case anyways and I will see how much I like them. Is it just me or is waiting for a new diaper model to come out as exciting as the new gadget or car?

• Like 1

The front "landing zone" looks like those on an ABU, which I am not a fan of because it feels flimsy and cheap. :/ Bleh. Still waiting on more reviews (and more $$ :P) to order these diapers. Still not sure what I think of the new design. I kind of think that the teddy bears are too far apart... just an OCD thing I guess. lol. Oh well, still pretty cute.

:whistling:

I got my shipment of the new diapers today and they are pretty comfortable. I think they are softer than the Bambino but I haven't worn one of those in a while. I am pretty small and I like to wear a medium which was fine with the Bambino, Molicare and Abena. With the stretchy tabs of the Teddy though it makes it a little more difficult to get a good fit. I do like them and they will probably be a diaper I keep in my closet. If I am feeling dangerous tonight I will sleep in them. So far the only diaper I have found comfortable enough to sleep in is the Molicare.

I got my shipment of the new diapers today and they are pretty comfortable. I think they are softer than the Bambino but I haven't worn one of those in a while. I am pretty small and I like to wear a medium which was fine with the Bambino, Molicare and Abena. With the stretchy tabs of the Teddy though it makes it a little more difficult to get a good fit. I do like them and they will probably be a diaper I keep in my closet. If I am feeling dangerous tonight I will sleep in them. So far the only diaper I have found comfortable enough to sleep in is the Molicare.

I'm curious how the stretchy tapes will work out with me too. Because honestly, the diapers I've tried that have stretchy tapes that are size medium, they end up overlapping and the fit isn't great. These might be diapers that I would be better off wearing a small size.