LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Emergency Help Sources

I must say, I'm impressed that you can even call a hotline when you're suicidal. I think that it helps many people, and I am going to call them some time when I get depressed and suicidal (yes, I think I will at some point).

Guest little_jonny

the sad thing is if you go to youtube and type in suicide prank call, there is so many videos of it. stupid ass kids prank callin a helpline while others really need it.. i called one while i was struggling with self-harm. best choice i made. help me talked to my mom about it. though i still struggl with it time to time.. but i highly recommend calling a suicide number if you are feelin suicidal

Thank you DD for making this thread, i feel it is important to have this here at the top of the topics list always for anyone who needs it!!!

also i wanted to share a link for a medical discussion board, it covers pretty much every topic you can think of, not just about diagnoses, but things like social security disability, new treatments, family support etc...

http://braintalkcommunities.org/forums/index.php

its run by mass general hospital in boston, and is VERY well moderated... there are forums for bi polar adhd anxiety ocd and there may be one for depression.

• Like 1

Mass General = one of the best hospitals in the country. They saved my Grandfather several times with his heart trouble before he finally lost the battle at a different ER.

Also: If anyone has help lines for other countries, please reply and I'll update the top post. Thanks!

yes mass general is definitely a very good hospital, this is a website that i have visited literally for more than a decade, and it has only grown and gotten better... which is why i share it... it may be a valuable resource for many people.

For those near or in a bigger US city there is often a free mental health clinic available :thumbsup: It's not usually for emergencies but it will get you help with your problems ;) Sadly, though I am in the second largest city in my state it is nearly impossible to get free mental help here :crybaby: Three months+ waiting list and then you might get a few sessions of a few minutes- essentially no real help at all :bash: Maybe that's why I see so many people here every day that are :screwy:

The bottom line is that if you need help, get it somewhere and don't let things get worse by doing nothing :whistling: The solution may be simpler and easier than you think!

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...

I will say from personal experience that when I get suicidal to the point of deciding to do it (I managed to pull myself out from the brink myself without help), it feels like you are disconnected from the body -- almost feels like out of body experience. At that stage, there is no way to call to get help since you don't want help and really don't have the capability to ask for it, sort of like a drowning person can't scream for help.

Thankfully I haven't got to that point in several years and am VERY careful to not think and dwell on it when I get suicidal feelings (multiple times per month) -- instead I dive into work or go exercise outside. ANYTHING except lie in bed or sit on couch watching TV, because keeping busy allows me to concentrate on other things and not about my feelings which would make the situation much worse.

I am EXTREMELY lucky that I have two kids who I love dearly and that is what brought me from the brink multiple times and keeps me going. It is my responsibility to be there there for them and no matter how bad I get, I always think that I CAN NOT do it because of the impact it would cause them.

Remember, kids will always think that they caused you to take your own life no matter what anyone says.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A few nights ago I was feeling very, very depressed. I was not yet suicidal, but I was very close to it. I called the hotline and they helped me a lot. After that I told my best friend, Joanna, and she got me help. I called my other best friend, Danielle, and we talked for about three hours. I told her all about my wanting to be a baby and was okay with it. She said it was a little weird, but thankfully she didn't freak out. She is my closest friend, but she already has a boyfriend now. I tried asking her out last year when she was single, but she said that she only thought of me as a friend. I'm thankful that i told someone about being an AB/DL, and even though she's not into it, at least I have someone to talk to about it. Danielle, if you got curious about my fetish and are reading this right now, this is Zach, please read my other posts.

• 1 year later...