LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Open Sores And Itching

Guest Wetnmessy247

Guest Wetnmessy247

What's the best way you all get around itching and open sores?

I've had to cut bck a bit on my diaper time lately as the constant exposure to bacteria has created a rather nasty looking open sore on my inner left thigh. Like, I am 24/7 incontinent and diapered, but have in the lst week been spending some time out of diapers trying to get this open sore to go away.

Has nyone here gotten one, and how did you get rid of it? I've been good at not getting these things but now I don't know what to do. It won't go away. I keep neosporin and rubbing alcohol on it to kill infection and keep a thick guze patch on it, but it won't go away.

Don't recommend the doctor. I may go, I may not. I want to see what I can do first.

My best solution is to try and designate one day a week to no diapers and fresh air. This means it must be a day where I can relax naked on my couch while maybe sitting on an open diaper to catch anything that comes out of me. I don't know.

I really don't.

I'm sking for advice here. What can I do to remove this open sore? Like, does anyone have like secret remedies or some voodoo magic remedies?

The LAST thing I want to do is reduce my constant mess and urine contact with my skin. The last thing I wnt to do, as it's why I do this all in the first place.

Suggestions???

:drive1::boxing::crybaby::biker_h4h::D

Doing what we do, especially to the degree that you do it, sores can happen. I am not a doctor, don't play one on TV, and did not even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I will share a couple of thoughts that might help.

Alcohol may be great for sterilizing an injection site or thermometer but is not appropriate for wound care. Alcohol and hydrogen peroxide can kill the good bacteria and other natural defenses of the human body.

Air out for at least an hour a DAY if you are having rash problems. Once a week, even for a full day, may not be enough.

Neosporin is great for a lot of things - bacterial. Diaper rashes and sores could very well be fungal instead of, or along with, a bacterial infection. A topical anti-fungal may be more appropriate for your condition.

If diabetes is involved then fungal/yeast infections are even more likely. Do not let them get out of hand.

Anti-fungals are readily available over the counter here in the U.S. Lotrimin and Tinactin are two common brands that could be considered. Follow the instructions for jock itch. Don't overlook female oriented brands such as Monistat or Vagisil if a yeast infection is suspected. That is what those medicines are made for and they can be used topically.

Use the internet as a research tool. There is a lot of info out there about things like this. Look for jock itch, yeast infections, and diaper rash to begin with. Follow your symptoms and take care for for warnings and side effects.

And finally, if you have a persistent open sore, swelling, pus, fever, or other signs of cellulitis or systemic infection it is time to see the doctor.

Good luck.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Yep. Cool suggestions here. I've seriously considered changing myself more than once a day. I do admit that the constant exposure has a part to play in this open sore I have. However I do the once a day thing to save on diapers. Gotta be honest, it's easy to change yourself too much and literally throw money into the crapper. One diaper a day means a pack can last awhile, easy.

I know some of you all change like 3-5 times a day.

Where the flipping hell do you find the time to change yourself that much?

The act of changing is itself a complicated process, with the diaper bag and the wipes and the powders and the air pfresheners and the waste removal and tossing out the dirty diaper. It's like complicated, and even worse to find a private place in public.

Changing once in the morning like i do means i only have to do all this once a day. And it's energy efficient to wait until ya got a full 5 pound load sagging down to change. Cuz you're gonna mess diapered or no. Although messing on a toilet isn't messing, but just "taking a sh*t".

I love the messy waddle, as well s the wet waddle, but it does get ncomfortable especially in this July heat. It exacerbates the smell as well as the heat down there.

I hate admitting I may need to change more thanonce a day. I hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE HATE IT.

But I've reached a crossroads. This open sore will only get worse, I admit. I don't wanna die just yet because it would be embarrasing to hve my obit reading "he died of complications arising from constant exposure to his fecal bateria."

I think things are starting to catch up with you now, things that others have warned you may happen. I am well aware of your lifestyle and how much you enjoy wearing a wet and messy diaper all the time. To each his own and I'm not condemming you for what you like. There is a famous saying that "You can't have your cake and eat it too". In this case, you may not like it much but you are either going to have to change your lifestyle for a little while or else suffer from an infection that could become life threatining (yes, it really could). Do what others have suggested and change your diapers very frequently, like as soon as you soak or wet them. Wash thourally many times a day, use rash ointment and strong antibiotic cream or ointments on the sore itself. Dry air is one of the best things you can do. When you are home, try just laying on an open diaper with plastic under it and let as much of your diaper area air out as you can. If you are still able to use the toilet at all if you feel a need to go, do it. Keep your diaper area uncovered as much as you possibly can, even though it means sacrifices to you and a big change in your lifestyle. I know you don't like it, but sometimes things get to a point where you either have to change things for a while or suffer greatly with a serious health issue. If after several days the sore dosn't get any better, you will probably have to go to the doctor or an emergency room. The truth is, sometimes a diaper rash and open sore gets to the point where it can only heal with injections of antibiotics and medicines. That is the simple truth, and if you ignore professional help from a doctor, your body can become so infected that it can damage your heart, liver, kidneys and even cause death because you waited too long for medical treatment. I know you don't like it or want to, but I suggest you go without your diapers as much as you can and especially whenever your home in your house. Go around naked but keep that sore area dry and open to air. Not to preach, but this is a lesson to learn from. When things improve, as much as you like to wear one diaper only every 24 hours, please change 3 or 4 times at least in a 24 hour period and wash really well with an antibiotic soap. Let your diaper area dry out compleatly before putting on a new diaper and use a good skin barrier before putting your diaper on to help keep bad bacteria, poop and urine from distroying your skin and causing new sores! If you do notice any new rashes, take care of them with creams and ointment ASAP and change more often! Yes, it's your lifestyle and enjoyment to wear the same used diaper for 24 hours at a time, but whats worse? Changing more often and living or getting bad infections and ending up in the hospital or worse! Sometimes in life we can't always have everything just the way we want them, and I gurentee you that if you end up in the hospital with diaper sores and a bad infection, they will probably not diaper you at all in order for the sores to heal, and if they do diaper you, they will change it ASAP as soon as you wet or mess! Just be a little more safe in the future and take care of your body. OK?

What first needs to be discovered, is this a friction burn OR a diaper rash.

A friction burn is where the top layer (epidermis) of the skin is worn away, and in severe cases, needs a skin graft / surgery to stretch and rejoin the opening.

A diaper rash is where the caustic action of urine, feces and sweat have combined to corrode spots in the skin. This type of rash WILL self heal, but the area will need protection (from urine and faces).

Cleaning a wound with alcohol is all well and good, but you are also cleaning out the basis of the repair, so if you continue this, it will never get a chance to heal.

Firstly, take a warm bath - to allow the skin to absorb the water, and to clean excess sweat etc away from the wound. Let this air dry, and then apply zinc oxide cream. Allow this to absorb without covering the wound. Once this has absorbed, apply a little more, and keep the wound clean and dry. (That doesn't mean cleaning the wound with alcohol etc, but it does mean keep urine and feces away from it.

If after 24 hours, a scab has not formed on this wound, seek medical help, as it will not heal without medical intervention.

PS Should this not be in the 'Incontinence Medical' topic?

Taking the advice in the two above posts and also trying echanasea may work very well. Echanasea is a natural anti-baterial that is very effective for many types of infections. Like any drug becareful to check for interactions from anything else you might be using now.

Guest Wetnmessy247

This type of rash WILL self heal, but the area will need protection (from urine and faces).

I will try my hardest to keep faces out of my diapers. Even though I don't have a problem with faces findung their way into my didies.

This is diaper rash, not friction. It's as you said, the feces and urine and sweat seem to have eroded parts of my skin away. It doesn't help that it itches like a mofo. All the time, now. I've hadto carry a long pencil with me so that when I'm in public and the itching is killing me I'll untape the top two tapes and stick the pencil in my diaper and scratch the itch away.

Better than shoving my hand down there and scratching nmyself like a baboon.

Guest Wetnmessy247

The ithing is TERRIBLY BAD. It's easy to say don't scratch.

how do I beat around the scratching thing? I know there's the folk remedy of scratching something else to take your mind of the actual itchy thing. It doesn't work.

Be-sides, if I don't itch myself while in public, nd it gets really bad, I start to moan. Seriously. I moan and act funny, and get looks. Is it better to moan or just reach into your diaper and scratch yourself silly?

Kidding. KIDDING. I don't moan.

But IS there a way to beat the itch? Like...I don't know.

I have often wondered how you can go a whole day in a messy diaper... If I mess my diaper,

I start getting a burning rash inside of a half hour. In just a wet diaper, my skin

starts to redden in about 5 hours and develops into a real rash within 6 or 7 hours.

I can delay this by using a zinc oxide cream, but I still can't go a whole day in 1 diaper.

And so it seems, neither can you. If this turns into some kind of antibiotic resistant

staph infection, you're gonna have REAL trouble. Google "Staph Infection" and read about

it... not fun.

I have often wondered how you can go a whole day in a messy diaper... If I mess my diaper,

I start getting a burning rash inside of a half hour. In just a wet diaper, my skin

starts to redden in about 5 hours and develops into a real rash within 6 or 7 hours.

I can delay this by using a zinc oxide cream, but I still can't go a whole day in 1 diaper.

And so it seems, neither can you. If this turns into some kind of antibiotic resistant

staph infection, you're gonna have REAL trouble. Google "Staph Infection" and read about

it... not fun.

I've also wondered how one diaper can hold 24 hours of wettings and messes without just dripping and oozing constantly from every opening. As far as him going a whole day in the same diaper every day in and out, if that's true his skin is probably now as tough as a rinoccerous! On the other hand, having a big open sore like he says he has is conformation that his skin is not as tough as he may think it is!

Wetnmessy, you might want to try some anti-itch ointment like for bug bites. That may help, or else try some Aleo-Vera gel. The problem is putting anything other than healing ointments on an open sore is probably not a good idea. Maybe you should ask a pharmasist about it. By the way, I like chocolate candy and cake, too, but if it was all I ever ate I'd be dead by now! Some things you like to do are just not healthy to your body. Sometimes things you really like just have to be done in moderation, not every day 24/7/365 (like changing a wetnmessy diaper only once every 24 hours - get what I mean?)

Guest Wetnmessy247

I'm on 5 years now of 24/7. It's a lifestyle lots of people live.

My skin IS tough. See, it has to be for someone who is 24/7 like I am. I've been through various trials and tribulations.

I also use TONS and TONS of desitin lately ti combat things.

I think it's just the summer heat. The combination of sweat, heat, urine, and fecal matter is taking it's toll. :glare:

I have spent most of today inside my apartment, with the shades drawn. Believe it or not NO DIAPER!! I decided to air my diaper are out. I've got three standing oscillating fans to beat on my skin. It's strange going a whole day with no diaper, bt I've been constricted to my couch. Why? Because since I trained incontinent I don't know when I will wet myself or mess myself. It just comes out. So I've been on a towel/seat combination. I've messed about four towels now. The smell in here is pretty bad, despite having like 20 scented candles lit. :blush: The good thing about where I live is I'm on the 2nd floor. Odors rise so there's nothing to go up there but sky. Had I been on the 1st floor, my upstairs neighbor may be calling waste removal by now. :P

I'm on 5 years now of 24/7. It's a lifestyle lots of people live.

I'm calling BS.

I've lurked on various ABDL forums for years and have never heard of anyone training themselves to be incontinent at 16. It just doesn't happen.

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This may be too late but...

Depending on the type of rash you have, it might be a fungal infection. Which is common with wearing diapers. I've had this problem and my two children also had it when they were babies. If you have an open sore you can dab mylanta or some other liquid antacid on them with a cotton ball. (make sure you don't contaminate the bottle) Followed by an anti fungal cream with