LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

At What Age Do You Become Ak

would you say some one with a play age of 2-3 and sometimes 5 is an adult kid ? what is the official ak starting age ?

can some one be ab and ak?

I can't tell you at what age someone goes from being an AB to an AK as I don't know but I can tell you that since many people have variable ages they like to play as that it it possible to be both an AB and an AK.

Kid is an informal term for "young person". So really, it's relative. Literally, an AB could be an AK... but I feel this site expresses AKs as more of the people into age play but not so much diapers. That's how I read it anyway... 'cause technically I act more like a 6 year old than an actual baby (which to me is a kid) but I affiliate as an AB because of my diaper attraction.

But there's no actual answer.

-Sophie

Old enough play age to be out of diapers = AK to me. TO ME.

Its going to be different for every one.

The way I play/look at is I'm an older child/pre-teen that is a little accident prone, and is put back in diapers for bed time, and sometimes for accidents or long trips.

It works for me and my partner.

But when she's the submissive its a completely different set up, even though she's an AK as well. She views herself as 16 or so, and the diapers are more sexual for her.

I have distinct memories of not wanting to give up diapers as a child and I obsessed and wished for diapers all through my childhood and teen years. I got my first diapers that weren't swiped baby diapers around the age of 15 and this was the mid 80's so I had no idea there were others like myself.

I got my first internet account in late 92 early 93 and found some diaper stuff on gopher and usenet. It was like an angelic chorus started singing when I found out there were other people who liked diapers too. Then pictures were rare and every now and again you might see a gif or jpg. Some of the earliest pics I remember were some old black and white scans of pictures from a 50's era fetish magazine (who knew those existed) of a guy in a wooden play pen with booties and a bonnet. Suddenly I felt alone again! That wasn't like me at all! As time went on and the online AB scene developed I came to think of myself as more DL, being a baby just wasn't too interesting.

I came to realize though that I still wanted something beyond just diapers, so maybe I was something other than just a DL I wanted to wear dinosaur shirts and heeley shoes. I thought some more about it and saw a pattern. I dig juice boxes, sippy cups, being changed in the living room floor, chicken nuggets, happy meals, legos, kids movies, video games, etc. I was an AK. I wanted to be a big boy, not a baby (Maybe a toddler - shortalls rock!) Now with many years under my belt and becoming comfortable enough with being an AB/DL/AK type person I tend to think of myself as an 8-15 year old who can't keep his pants dry and seeks to act a bit younger than he is or who inadvertently gets treated as a younger child (Kinda a mild embarrassment thing - no real hardcore humiliation - just fantasies like being at a friends house and getting changed after their toddler sibling because it was convenient to do so). So the older I get in RL the more solidified my alter ego becomes - but I imagine that he will continue to evolve always.

The old DPF schema tracked real life and was approximately like this

0-2 infant

2-4 toddler

4-6 pre-schooler

after which came grade schooler, etc...

Ages will overlap in that in development, transitions may begin at x-1/4 and full stage entry may be at x-2/3, Yet another person may begin trnasition at x-1/3 and so on, most baby-toddler things are listed in months and clothes are listed in pounds or nT and goes to 4T

Piaget (my favorite cognitive developmental psychologist) used the following (as I remember form 35 years ago)

0-4 sensory-motor

4-7 Pre-operational

7-14(?) Single operational

14 and up formal operational

and Maria Montessori's educational approach fits with this

The GirlTalk to scheme seems to jump from AB generally about 2 to ALG which seemed to be about 6 or 7 This left no room for andyone 4 or 5 who would still be in diapers and /or rubber panties, such as nursery school

I think having multiple ages stresses the system of classification. If you have ages of 3, 7 and 11, there is no way to put them all under one heading by statistical averaging: 3 + 7 + 11= 21/3 you get 7, which, is closer to 3 than 11. And that does not even take into account weighting (which you are most of the time).

The ordinary gender timefraim is said to be 3 to 5. I became aware of most of my girl feelings at about 5, whether such are "real" girl feelings or analogues of them I cannot say by they did mark me as partially girlish.

All that being background, I can pretty much say that I have memories from about 2-3/4 and can remember my third b-day but in all of these, I have no memories of feelings except curiosity. My first memories of event+feelings is when I was 4

However many 4 and 5 year olds have diaper issues. It was in that context that I coined the term VLG for Very Little Girl. OLd enought to be aware of one's girlness but with some "baby" things

I would say that as a rule of thumb AK would begin around 4 as would VLG

• Like 1

I am more of adult kid than an adult baby, I see my self as a 6 year old boy that still has accidents, mommy & daddy sometimes put me in diapers as punishment. I might even get forced to be more of a baby depending on the punishment, but I am older than baby age. Another scenario, I am past potty training age, but like to sneak diapers from my younger siblings room sometimes I sneak my big sister clothes too :blush: again I will get punished if caught. I am not a goo goo ga ga kind of guy.

In y married days, I was my own age but still a little boy, in play time, I called my wife mommy and if I had a accident she would always ask how old are you and I would respond with 32 (or whatever number) and she would advise me that 32 year old little boys don't wet their pants and continue to treat me like a naughty little boy.

So if it makes any sense at all, I am a 42 year old little boy, that acts like a 6 year old who in turn acts like a baby.

• 2 months later...

There must needs be a gap between say 3 and 6. With my LG friends , some split their ages between 2 and over 6 in many cases with 2 being an AB age and over 6 being a Little Girl. To me and non-AB members, this seemed to be a bad idea: Too much bookkeeping. Betwen 3 and 5 is when gender identity sets in. Now I had a pretty firm concept of myself as Little Girl so I was over 3 but being still diapered, albeit almost over-age, I was not yet 6 or even 5-1/2. I must be around turning 5. The only way I could describe myself is Very Little Girl and that is how I perceive myself; between 4-3/4 and 5-1/4

DPF used the following :Baby (Infnat), Toddler, Pre-schooler and Grade-schooler.

So, instead of being a gap 3-5 may be like a tide pool, an interstice

Piaget defined the stages of concern to us here as:

0-4 Sensory-motor

4-7 Pre-operational

7-14 Single-operational

So there are some things going on between Toddler and Grade-schooler.

As baby Maggie my play age is 2 and that part of me will tell you that I am the baby. In technical terms that age play would be a toddler but I still want to be refered to as the baby. It kind of depends on how you see yourself really.

Baby covers both infant and toddler. In real life, there is almost no distinction made

• 2 months later...

I identify as an AK even though diapers are a big part of ageplay for me. I first realized I liked diapers when I was very young, maybe 6, and I identify as an adult kid because to me being too young to have complex thoughts and emotions is scary. So for me it's more appealing to be in diapers but pretty old for them. But that's not the same as acting like a baby, because my mindset is not infantile.

The old DPF schema tracked real life and was approximately like this

0-2 infant

2-4 toddler

4-6 pre-schooler

after which came grade schooler, etc...

Ages will overlap in that in development, transitions may begin at x-1/4 and full stage entry may be at x-2/3, Yet another person may begin trnasition at x-1/3 and so on, most baby-toddler things are listed in months and clothes are listed in pounds or nT and goes to 4T

Piaget (my favorite cognitive developmental psychologist) used the following (as I remember form 35 years ago)

0-4 sensory-motor

4-7 Pre-operational

7-14(?) Single operational

14 and up formal operational

and Maria Montessori's educational approach fits with this

The GirlTalk to scheme seems to jump from AB generally about 2 to ALG which seemed to be about 6 or 7 This left no room for andyone 4 or 5 who would still be in diapers and /or rubber panties, such as nursery school

I think having multiple ages stresses the system of classification. If you have ages of 3, 7 and 11, there is no way to put them all under one heading by statistical averaging: 3 + 7 + 11= 21/3 you get 7, which, is closer to 3 than 11. And that does not even take into account weighting (which you are most of the time).

The ordinary gender timefraim is said to be 3 to 5. I became aware of most of my girl feelings at about 5, whether such are "real" girl feelings or analogues of them I cannot say by they did mark me as partially girlish.

All that being background, I can pretty much say that I have memories from about 2-3/4 and can remember my third b-day but in all of these, I have no memories of feelings except curiosity. My first memories of event+feelings is when I was 4

However many 4 and 5 year olds have diaper issues. It was in that context that I coined the term VLG for Very Little Girl. OLd enought to be aware of one's girlness but with some "baby" things

I would say that as a rule of thumb AK would begin around 4 as would VLG

Wow that is a pretty handy guide, I'm going to have to hang onto that...:rolleyes:

What ever happen to DPF? I tried to find it the other day and couldn't.

Also I tried to join Girltalk.to but for some reason there has not been anyone around to approve my account.

Although this is the only account I have on here, I play on other boards as a 3 year old, and 10 year old. And umm both are in diapers hehe. But I have played as a 5 year old and a 9 year old thats potty trained and it was at a site where diapers we're not the thing.

DPF went away quite a while ago. tommy got sick and couldn't run it, and it drifted for years, until someone finally bought the domain, and now it is something else and has nothing to do with the AB/Dl community. I think there is a thread about it in here somewhere.

I consider myself to be an AK as well, since I feel that my 'inner child' is around 4-6 years old, and just likes or prefers to wear diapers or training pants. I have been fascinated with both since around the age of 6, so that seems to fit. I have no interest in bottles or pacifiers or other typical 'baby' items. I like my building toys and cars and models and such. I like being able to be mostly independent, and do a lot of things myself.

As to what makes an AK....I think it's the transition when one gives up a lot of 'baby' items...bottles and pascis and such. being potty trained (or lack there of) becomes a choice. You can use the bathroom, or not. Wear diapers or trainers etc. You come to a point when you can make conscious decisions and choices of what you do or don't want. Sure it's nice to be hugged and held and cuddled, who doesn't like that?? But you can feed yourself, dress yourself (change yourself :blush: ) play by yourself if need be, etc.

So I consider an AK to be older then say 3. Thats typical the transition when children find more independence around 2 1/2 etc. After potty training, but still might be a bedwetter, have "accidents' but is more mobile and can do many things for themselves, and don't need 'parents' to do everything for them.

But thats just me.

I attached the pic below as an example of what I believe would be an adult kid in action...making a choice..besides, I think it's a cool pic too ;)

DPF went away quite a while ago. tommy got sick and couldn't run it, and it drifted for years, until someone finally bought the domain, and now it is something else and has nothing to do with the AB/Dl community. I think there is a thread about it in here somewhere.

I consider myself to be an AK as well, since I feel that my 'inner child' is around 4-6 years old, and just likes or prefers to wear diapers or training pants. I have been fascinated with both since around the age of 6, so that seems to fit. I have no interest in bottles or pacifiers or other typical 'baby' items. I like my building toys and cars and models and such. I like being able to be mostly independent, and do a lot of things myself.

As to what makes an AK....I think it's the transition when one gives up a lot of 'baby' items...bottles and pascis and such. being potty trained (or lack there of) becomes a choice. You can use the bathroom, or not. Wear diapers or trainers etc. You come to a point when you can make conscious decisions and choices of what you do or don't want. Sure it's nice to be hugged and held and cuddled, who doesn't like that?? But you can feed yourself, dress yourself (change yourself :blush: ) play by yourself if need be, etc.

So I consider an AK to be older then say 3. Thats typical the transition when children find more independence around 2 1/2 etc. After potty training, but still might be a bedwetter, have "accidents' but is more mobile and can do many things for themselves, and don't need 'parents' to do everything for them.

But thats just me.

I attached the pic below as an example of what I believe would be an adult kid in action...making a choice..besides, I think it's a cool pic too ;)

*Blushes*

I dunnos about the pic being a kid but it does remind me of all the times I needed a restroom and couldn't get to one, and so having to use the ground...:blush:

Giggggless :blush:

Well, thats ok....when you need to go you need to go...I guess it would have been more 'barassing had you just gone in your pants when not having the 'opportunity of having some kind of *ahem*'protection'...*shrug*

But that also leads to different fun as well ;)

it's not a crime either way...

:)

Also I tried to join Girltalk.to but for some reason there has not been anyone around to approve my account.

There is something strange going on with them. I suddlenly lost contact with the friends I had there: Spinner and Vickie about August '09 as I was preparing to go to LG camp at Rainbow Mountain. The board closed off to guests and only the calendar was published and that only with Spinner's Hug Your Dolly Day notices every third Saturday of the month. Also Knuffles: The Magazine vanished and now you tell me this.

We do have a girl here who seems to be connected with it, maybe she knows

I don't have any clear-cut age when adult baby becomes adult kid. I for one strongly consider myself to be an adult kid as opposed to an adult baby because I only occasionally (very rarely) want to wear diapers (and wouldn't at all if I could find a high-quality adult pullup styled like Goodnights or Underjams) and have no desire to use babyish things like bottles and pacifiers. I don't feel like a baby, so I don't consider myself one. That works fine for me. Others might be looking for a more specific division between the two categories, but it's good enough for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a set age when you become a kid. To me it has always felt more like you became a kid whenever you felt you were too old to be a baby anymore.

In short, it is entirely a state of mind. If you think you're a baby, then you're a baby, but if you think you're a kid, then you're a kid.

i like to be like 5 to 8 at times which is an adult kid cuz i face different issues such as schooling instead of diapers. the focus is completely different.

I agree Jordan. The focus of an AK is different. For me, I might need a pull-up at night, but I don't act like a baby. In role-play, I am a big kid (5-9), who has accidents. The only association with being a "baby" comes from peers who call me a baby for having an "accident" in my pants.

i like to be like 5 to 8 at times which is an adult kid cuz i face different issues such as schooling instead of diapers. the focus is completely different.

I agree Jordan. The focus of an AK is different. For me, I might need a pull-up at night, but I don't act like a baby. In role-play, I am a big kid (5-9), who has accidents. The only association with being a "baby" comes from peers who call me a baby for having an "accident" in my pants.