LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Independence Day

So for those of us who celebrate an independence day, regardless of where we live...

what traditions are important to you in your celebration?

when we were kids we would have a huge family bbq, playing volleyball, swimming in the pool, eating until we couldn't move... then at night we would go see the fireworks down by the ocean, and every year on the way home we would stop and get soft serve ice cream.

now that i live with my boyfriend, every year we go over to his work (its just six guys who work there, and the boss and his wife, and all the guys are good friends outside of work). We have an all day cookout, and stuff tennis balls with gun powder, wrap it with duct tape and blow up watermelons, guitars, anything we can get out hands on... its loads of fun... and completely alcohol free... so none of that lame drunken drama.

• Like 1

Booze free......well i'll just have to decline the invite again.

I'd have to question the structural integrity of the brain of any person would want to be around drunks with explosives... Moreso than I question the intelligence of those who want to be around drunks in the fist place, that is...

go hide in a bunker and wait for the aliens to go away

That's why we gear up with patriotic explosives. A well-aimed red white, and blue mortar shell can take out an entire group of illegals... Or fend off an invasion from above, if those're the type of aliens you're worried about... The airspace over the US is particularly dangerous around the 4th of July...

I am very patriotic but I cannot stand the july 4th holiday because I attempted suicide around this time four years ago.

I'm hiding in a bunker this year :blush: It's crazy enough here regularly, let alone on Independence Day. Last year I saw the town's display with family and had a good time, but this year they're going too late, and I have to work tomorrow so I need sleep :closedeyes: I've seen and done enough explosions already so I'm not missing anything- except widespread droves of drunks acting like they really know and care about what this day really means :o To those who do know: Happy Freedom Day thumbsup.gif

Bettypooh

I hope everyone's 4th of July was good. Even for those not of the US (no point in excluding people from well-wishing). I wasn't able to see the local fireworks, thanks to the trees and clouds, but I caught the Toby Keith fireworks thing on CBS.

Perfect... square_duck! Love the colors too! :D

Thank you Bobby, gl;ad you liked it :D

I had to work starting at 5:15 pm to close, and it was like pulling teeth it was so %$#@@ slow....until of coarse the fireworks ended and then we got hit with a wave of orders and business UGH! MADHOUSE I did get to see some of a local show in a park about a mile away, they were shooting off sky rockets above the buildings etc and it was kind of nice.

It was cloudy ("Marine layer") here as well, so the shows on the local piers wer'ent all that visible...oh well.

I too hope that everyone had a safe and (somewhat) sane holiday weekend. For those non-Americans, I can hope you too had a pleasant weekend and possibly enjoyed some of the public televised shows we had. I saw the display that New York put on.....CRAZY! I loved it :wub:

Cried during the Star spangled banner (what can I say?? I'm an American and damn proud to be so, in spite of the garbage we have in our current government) :P I'm proud of this thing we call the "great experiment" sure we make mistakes.... but I don't think it will be the end of the world.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY U.S.A :D from one of your proud citizens.

qwack

Guest Wetnmessy247

I had a good Independs day....although I was in Bambinos. Fireworks were awesome, cookout was kickass, but lemme tell ya a few beers =super duper soaked bambino. I was dripping wet by the time I left the party with a waddle like a duck.

Hi Wetnmessy247,

I have a question to ask you. Is it true that just about all explosives are legal in Tennessee? I have a friend at work that told me he drove through there and stopped at a fireworks store and they had just about everything you could image explosive. Maybe I heard wrong but if that's true it sounds like a pyro's dream!

Guest Wetnmessy247

Well....yea. There's one store that stays open year round that sells exclusivley fireworks, and they are constantly busy. Which boggles my mind, because I wonder where all the bought explosives go because you actually never hear them except for like holidays.

Yes though, most if not all is legal.

But hell, we're trying to paass a bill that allows bar patrons to carry firearms INTO the damned bars. So it's awonder we haven't blown ourselves to hell and back by now.

One time I was in the fireworks store and a damned backwoods hick was in there smoking a fucking cigarette. I proceeded to beat the shit out of him bt was stopped by an off duty cop who told the guy to leave.

So yea, it was volatile enough with all the firworks. I had just dropped a load which was quite smelly, which included the bowl of beans I had beforehand. A BAD combination. We all should have died a fiery horrible death.

Happy St. Patricks Day......

ooops, wrong day. I thought that with all the booze, fireworks, parades etc, that it must me St Patricks Day.

To every patriotic American, congratulations for getting out from under British control 234 years ago. Happy Independence Day

• Like 1

I think a Bar B Q and Fireworks is a staple for any American Family on the 4th of July. The only quandary is do you spend more money on fireworks or food?

One year when I was 18 or 19 we had a multi-barrel launcher and every time it went of it would fire in a different direction: Up, 12:00, Up, 3:00, Up and finally 1:30 we managed to put out 2 of the 3 (peed on one in a cactus and stomped out the other one). By the time we found out there was a 3rd it was a huge grass fire. We were at a lake and it burned everything from road we were on to the Highway. We had 3 different Volunteer Fire Departments.

This year I am deployed so our CO got permission to fire 80mm Illumination Rounds at no one to simulate Fire Works. I don't know if he lied about a target or if he got actual permission.

To every patriotic American, congratulations for getting out from under British control 234 years ago. Happy Independence Day

Thanks mate. Maybe someday Ireland will wriggle out from under the Brit's thumbs. Or barring that at least give their soccer team a good trashing once in a while would suffice.

I think a Bar B Q and Fireworks is a staple for any American Family on the 4th of July. The only quandary is do you spend more money on fireworks or food?

One year when I was 18 or 19 we had a multi-barrel launcher and every time it went of it would fire in a different direction: Up, 12:00, Up, 3:00, Up and finally 1:30 we managed to put out 2 of the 3 (peed on one in a cactus and stomped out the other one). By the time we found out there was a 3rd it was a huge grass fire. We were at a lake and it burned everything from road we were on to the Highway. We had 3 different Volunteer Fire Departments.

This year I am deployed so our CO got permission to fire 80mm Illumination Rounds at no one to simulate Fire Works. I don't know if he lied about a target or if he got actual permission.

WOW! lighting off those 80mm's must have been fun! :D {{BOOM!!!}} {{{BOOM!!}}}} yee haw!

I haven't bought fireworks in years... A bit too old for grandparents to still be giving me money for them (certainly can't afford 'em otherwise). Last year, I set off my "box of doom" (most of my fireworks stash, in a box). This year, it was too rainy to bother with the usual family gathering or try to set anything off, so I've got a few hold-overs that I took out of the box before setting it off. Maybe they'll get their chance next year...

I had a good 4th of July. The town of Richfield always has a parade with floats from local merchants. Some of the people on the floats throw candy, others hand out bottles of Coke or throw out Frisbees ect. but with the bad economy the parades haven't been as glamorous as in past years. I did however walk in the parade for the local grocery store I work at. They had a big semi that we walked behind and threw out candy. Later at night they have a big firework display. All in all I had a pretty fun day!