LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Legal Name Change

TDL

Most of the MtF's in here probably knows about Christine Jorgensen. Unfortunately, legal name change for TG's is not allowed in Denmark, unless you've been given a vaginaplasty, which is close to impossible since the danish sexual clinic (SK) has way to much power, and it usually takes several years for the application to be processed, which usually results in t-women getting the surgery done in Thailand instead. why oh why does this stupid law exist? I guess its not a big deal if you just want to have a female name amongst your friends, but id rather not have a driving license saying "Benjamin" on the front in big fat letters. Or a bank account saying the same, either. Long rant, I know, but I think that's its unfair!

-TDL

Michigan's is expensive, but relatively simple. You can change your name for a million reasons.

-Sophie

Well, I guess j could try with the reason "fits me better", but if they realize that my Cpr. number is male, I'll probably need to go to court.

Well, I guess j could try with the reason "fits me better", but if they realize that my Cpr. number is male, I'll probably need to go to court.

Couldn't you just change your name into something that fits for both genders.

Couldn't you just change your name into something that fits for both genders.

Err, why would I want that?

Err, why would I want that?

Then you wouldn't need to worry about being allowed using a "girls name" if it's also a "boys name" and you would be able to appear like whatever gender suits you using the same name

Any recommendations please? I prefer English ones, since I'm not going to stay in this shithole of a country forever. I thought of "Jen", but since that's out for the moment, I can't think of anything else :( .

Any recommendations please? I prefer English ones, since I'm not going to stay in this shithole of a country forever. I thought of "Jen", but since that's out for the moment, I can't think of anything else :( .

How about Alex, a beautyfull name for both boys and girls, or charlie, or sandy(ie) or wow too many to mention, good idea to find a book of baby names, maybe best a book of names in you own language so you can see the "accepted" girls names that other can have, and find a girls name that also goes for an allowed boys name. There have to be atleast a couple that you will be able to feel comfortable using in both male and female situations.

Terry and Teri, Jerry and Jeri, Tony and Toni, my Favorite three, and still a few others that are cool! Robin and Robyn, Sidney and Sydney, Lee and Leigh thumbsup.gif

Terry and Teri, Jerry and Jeri, Tony and Toni, my Favorite three, and still a few others that are cool! Robin and Robyn, Sidney and Sydney, Lee and Leigh thumbsup.gif

I like Sydney, but never ever would I combine sidney and lee! Do a search on Google pictures for "Sidney Lee" and you'll know what I'm talking about. He's the worst danish pretty boy of all time, and if I was to be known as sidney lee, I would've committed suicide. Sydney Veng would NOT fit me well though... but since Veng is my real last name, I don't know what to choose. Also, Sydney does not really "match" my skin colour anyways, if you know what I mean ;) . Ugh, so many choices, yet so many wrong ones!

-TDL

:drive1:

I like Sydney, but never ever would I combine sidney and lee! Do a search on Google pictures for "Sidney Lee" and you'll know what I'm talking about. He's the worst danish pretty boy of all time, and if I was to be known as sidney lee, I would've committed suicide. Sydney Veng would NOT fit me well though... but since Veng is my real last name, I don't know what to choose. Also, Sydney does not really "match" my skin colour anyways, if you know what I mean ;) . Ugh, so many choices, yet so many wrong ones!

-TDL

How about sascha known 2 italian guys with that name, another italian named andrea(also a guy) I guess they are the only italians I really remember knowing, and I have a friend (girl) named sasha without the C inside, and personally I think sascha with or without the c reminds me very much of girls name, so if that's a legal boys name where you're at I would say it's a pretty safe bet. Or how about Sam/Sammy, anybody regardless of gender can be a sam, afterall it could sound as just an abbreviation of a full name like Samantha or Samuel.

Or you could just choose to be a Randy/Randi person...hmm :) I do understand if it's a bit difficult. I have now been a Julia for 34 years and I could not imagine being anything else :)

Well I keep editing this as long I keep finding new namws, I couldn't help noticing that you live in denmark, so I did a bit of research and found a list of danish boys names, I also saw you mentioned Jen, but voted it out for some unknown reason, but if it was because you thought it wasn't a boys name, here is a link thats says the opposite Jen is a Danish boy name and to add a bit of laugh to the post, same page also says Jerk is a danish boy name :D:P

For an allegedly oppressive and backward regime, it sure does seem like the U.S. makes it pretty easy on trannies compared to the stories I read from those abroad.

I guess that's what you get for being lucky enough to have citizenship in a Scandinavian country. You win some, you lose some. -_-

:drive1:

How about sascha known 2 italian guys with that name, another italian named andrea(also a guy) I guess they are the only italians I really remember knowing, and I have a friend (girl) named sasha without the C inside, and personally I think sascha with or without the c reminds me very much of girls name, so if that's a legal boys name where you're at I would say it's a pretty safe bet. Or how about Sam/Sammy, anybody regardless of gender can be a sam, afterall it could sound as just an abbreviation of a full name like Samantha or Samuel.

Or you could just choose to be a Randy/Randi person...hmm :) I do understand if it's a bit difficult. I have now been a Julia for 34 years and I could not imagine being anything else :)

Well I keep editing this as long I keep finding new namws, I couldn't help noticing that you live in denmark, so I did a bit of research and found a list of danish boys names, I also saw you mentioned Jen, but voted it out for some unknown reason, but if it was because you thought it wasn't a boys name, here is a link thats says the opposite Jen is a Danish boy name and to add a bit of laugh to the post, same page also says Jerk is a danish boy name :D:P

Haha, i didn't even know that Jen was a danish name :P . I have roots in Italy, but I'm not sure if sascha would get accepted... Jen it is then (hey that rhymes :D) . At least until I find another one :) . If anyone wondered, the price for a name change here is only 640 DDK. (I'm writing this from my phone, so I'm too lazy to convert it :P) .

Cheers,

-TDL

Hi,

Germany and Austria have name change without SRS. People who either work or study in Germany, get covered by German health insurance. In Germany SRS is standard and not considered experimental thus included in health insurance.

All EU citizens can move freely within Europe.

I know a friend from Canada, who immigrated to Germany and had SRS at the University Clinic of Essen.

Androgynous names are Andrea, Simone (both Italian), Jasmin, Kim and Kai.

People who could prove German descendant immediately get German citizenship when passing a language test.

Kvetinka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well im a cross dresser my real name is mike or sky usually i go by sky cause its a ubisexual name ^^

i would go with sonethobg along like that lol

and yeah i only have a face book i dont like facebook =b

"Sky" means "Cloud" in danish, so you'd have been humiliated over here if someone knew your name :) .

However, I chose to go with Mia. It fits me the best, goes with my last name, and is Danish :P .

I was gonna suggest moving elsewhere within the EU, due to the relative ease with which it is done.

I feel for you -- my girlfriend (MtF) has gone through many struggles here in the US, but legal name change was not one of them. Having to list a different name on employment forms, however, has caused her some serious grief.

Having to list a different name on employment forms, however, has caused her some serious grief.

I do not understand that, you just have one name and not one for every special occasion. I am either 24/7 or not.

Any job that requires a background check (which seems to be most) these days asks you to list any aliases or other names you've had. If you do not list a previous name, and a company finds a different name (for example, when running a credit check using your SSN or checking employment history the same way, both of which are legal and often part of a background check) in your past, they can deny you employment for lying on an employment form.

If you do list a name, and it is obviously of a different sex than your current name/sex, you've just identified yourself as trans. Discrimination laws rarely cover transgendered individuals -- the extension of federal discrimination protection legislation Obama signed last year was the first time anything along those lines has happened at a federal level in the U.S. which included transgendered people. Most states have not had any legal protection for discrimination -- or even allowed considering TS/TG status for hate crimes -- against transgendered individuals. If you look at the history of discrimination legislation, it quickly becomes apparent how often transgendered people got tossed out in compromises to achieve protection/equality for gays/lesbians.

Sadly, I've done a lot of research on my own on these subjects due to the very large number of times my girlfriend has told me that I "just don't get it" and that I'll "never really understand" and so on, before she just shut down and stopped responding to me in a conversation in which I was struggling desperately to be supportive and understanding.

Want to know a real irony? In a recent joy my girlfriend applied for (and didn't get), if her sex were still listed as M, health benefits could have covered us both. However, because that M changed to an F on the drivers license, we would have to have been married for the health benefits to extend to me. But until she gets SRS, we couldn't legally be married in any but a few states, none of which we are near. Pisser, eh? Makes me glad I got my own health coverage.

The law is about decades behind modern medical science and psychology. It rarely handles TS/TG issues in anything but a blundering manner.

Any job that requires a background check (which seems to be most) these days asks you to list any aliases or other names you've had. If you do not list a previous name, and a company finds a different name (for example, when running a credit check using your SSN or checking employment history the same way, both of which are legal and often part of a background check) in your past, they can deny you employment for lying on an employment form.

Seems to be different corporate custom in the US. Name change obviously too often misused in criminal intend.

I'm sure some of the reasoning for it is with good intent too. I've encountered people who have found out that their identity had been stolen due to a background check revealing criminal or credit problems they never had used.

I'm also certain it doesn't help with her still having to list jobs where she was not known by her current name.

But, it is what it is, and to my limited vision, the socio-political climate regarding gender transition is improving, albeit slowly.