LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

License Renewed

I recently got my driver's license renewed. 6 more years of driving privileges and $26 more for the Kansas DMV to squander. I also got my burned-out headlight replaced. Now, I just need to get the wipers replaced, the tire fixed, the oil changed, and registration card/sticker in place... I also need to get a new pair of glasses. So, stay off the sidewalks if y'all happen to be in the area! :drive1:

I recently got my driver's license renewed. 6 more years of driving privileges and $26 more for the Kansas DMV to squander. I also got my burned-out headlight replaced. Now, I just need to get the wipers replaced, the tire fixed, the oil changed, and registration card/sticker in place... I also need to get a new pair of glasses. So, stay off the sidewalks if y'all happen to be in the area! :drive1:

These are all very simple do-it-yourself items....well, except for the tire repair. Oil changes are easy, especially on a truck, lots of room underneath, wipers can be cheap and easy to replace...and the sticker....can we say peel and stick? :P

The hardest thing to fix is that "loose nut' behind the wheel :P

If I am ever in the area, I'll be easy to spot, I'm the one walking down the middle of the road :P

You're lucky you only have to pay $26 to renew your license. The fee in Florida just went up from $24 to $48 last month(IIRC).

I don't have to renew my license again until 2016.

I hear you ErinM. I renewed the registrations for both cars in January for 2 years and found out quickly just how desperate Tallahassee is get more revenue to spend. I took my Mini in for Service Interval 1, replacement of the accessory belt and replacement of the power steering and brake fluids. I'm embarassed about how much that cost! Oh well, the Honda is so much easier to work on and I've got a little project to do on it today - despite the heat and humidity!

Congrats Yvhuce! We won't be able to miss you - driving the most popular vehicle sold in North America.

These are all very simple do-it-yourself items....well, except for the tire repair. Oil changes are easy, especially on a truck, lots of room underneath, wipers can be cheap and easy to replace...and the sticker....can we say peel and stick? :P

The hardest thing to fix is that "loose nut' behind the wheel :P

The "loose nut" doesn't need fixing. Just a bit of proper adjustment... And yes, they're all minor things that have kinda compounded. We're goinna fix them on Tuesday. The one thing that needs fixing that could be tricky is a minor problem with the blinker switch. Sometimes, it takes a few off-and-on flicks to get them to blink. But, 90% of the time, they work fine.

You're lucky you only have to pay $26 to renew your license. The fee in Florida just went up from $24 to $48 last month(IIRC).

Ouch... That's 2 months worth of dogfood...

But yeah. June, 2016 is my next renewal date.

I tried driving in KC once, to visit my friend there. I found that I can't drive in cities without getting severe migraines from the stress... But I will give you a heads-up if we're headed that way, as my folks are really bad drivers.

Toyotas tend to last forever.... that is why so many of them are still around way longer than they should be.....

$20-$30 for a license renewal, and $200-$300 for tags / tax.... you are so so lucky. My license renewal is $55.22 (€45) and tags per year is based on CC, which is $1,921.63 (€1,566) crybaby.gif

Thats the problem then. Found On Road Dead, Fixed Or Repaired Daily

Yeah. You forgot the best one: "F***ed-up Overhauled Rebuilt Dodge". I'm a Chevy person, but beggars can't be choosers when it comes to being too poor to buy a vehicle for yourself and getting one as a Christmas present. My poor ol '83 Chevy S-10 had a good run (over a decade in my possession, alone), but is on her last legs and would cost more to fix up than the Ford cost my grandpa. Plus, this truck doesn't have to have the AC refilled with refrigerant every year and is a bit bigger. Small vehicles get no respect, here. People used to try to run me off the road a lot more then they do now. For a while, I had borrowed one of the feeding trucks. Having a bale spear and solid-steel/reinforced flatbed on the back really cuts down on tailgaters. Even the truckers back off a bit with one of those.

jeez you all are lucky. I paid over $100 to renew my plates at the dmv in california. $20 is pocket change for that. The cost you pay to live in paradise

Just to remind some of y'all... The $26 is just for the driver's license renewal. It doesn't cover the plates, insurance, or registration renewal.

A few years ago a bumper sticker that said "Share the Road with a Runner" with a jogger avatar was popular huh.gif I am still waiting to see one that says "Share the Sidewalk with my Car" with an avatar of that runner run over whistling.gif:angel_not::roflmao:

Bettypooh

SC Driver's license- $22; $26 if you OR them want a new piccy :(

Annual property taxes on a car in my county start at $36 and go up fast :o

Minimum annual vehicle registration in my county- $48 :angry:

License Plate- Minimum of $24 with a $12 renewal the following years until they change the tag style again :wacko: If you've got a newer car the last two go up, even though it costs them no more to provide the same services for it!

....and they can't explain to me how any of these "go bad" over time, requiring replacement :screwy: It's all just a government scam to get more of your money. Annual Property taxes are proof that you don't own that item- the government does :bash: Neither of the last two needs renewal until there is a change of ownership, and all you get for a DL renewal is a quickie eye test from an already-paid-for ancient machine that frequently says you need glasses to drive- even if you can't see to drive safely with your glasses on- thus making the roads less safe for everyone :drive1: Plus the car insurance rates here are based more on your credit rating than your driving record :blink: So is it any wonder that by the State's own admission, at least 20% of the vehicles on the road in SC are illegal? Sheesh, what total and complete stupidity....

Bettypooh, still typing emoticons