LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Do You Like In Your Stories?

Story Survey  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to read stories about men or women?

• Men
    • Women
    • Both
    • Doesn't matter
  2. 2. Do you prefer to write stories about men or women?

• Men
    • Women
    • Both
    • Doesn't matter
  3. 3. How important is it that a character in a story actually uses their diapers?

• Very Important
    • Somewhat Important
    • Not Important

Wow! This thread is still around and being added to. (oops, bad grammar. but this is not a story, write fulldiaper?)

Lot's of interesting comments. Just posting to say thanks to all who've stated some good points of view. Obviously there are as many thoughts on story content as there are writers and/or readers. Good writing tops all other considerations in my mind. That includes all the indications of good writing already mentioned.

Much like everybody else, grammar is important, as is basic spelling. For me grammar is very difficult, because I tend to write stream-of-consciousness, and as though I'm having a conversation with myself. I'm not bad a typing, so I can write things fairly quickly. However, I struggle with grammar, because I will skip words. When I read them back after, I see the word in my mind, and don't notice that I skipped a word.

As far as as the story, the character has to have some believable aspects. In my mind I have to believe this somehow possible, which can be done with unbelievable stuff if presented in a believable fashion "Mimi's Struggle" did this very well, as did "Naomi's Change."

I'm also not one for excessive abuse by 'parent' authority, and prefer to see more of caring exchange. At the same time harmless humiliation is somewhat titillating. My characters are always male, mainly because that is the only perspective that I can write. For me, the diapers are important, and since I visualize myself as the main character, it helps if the character is a male in diapers. Unfortunately most of the male characters written in diaper stories have strong and extreme sexual content, which doesn't have very much interest to me. I tend to read the ones with female characters, because the stories are closer to what I prefer.

• 4 months later...

It's pretty much a given that proper spelling and grammar are musts for me.

I also appreciate some kind of coherant plot; a reason behind the action that's going on. Doesn't have to be too complicated.

I also really enjoy a little insight into the backstories of the characters; that is, how or why they became AB/DLs.

Finally, my preference is stories with lots and lots of sex in them. But that's just me.

I'm pretty simplistic...as well as they're well written, I love stories about guys being forced or blackmailed into being a baby by women who are more powerful and/or taller/stronger than they are, but not overly cruel.

• 1 month later...

I enjoy writing stories that would be ideal for what I would want to read in a story. I prefer a character with whom I can closely relate who is involved in a believable story line. I probably have had an easier time gaining acceptance as AB within my family and friends than most AB/DLs I know, so I'm sure that probably causes me to write outside of the realm of some people's perceivable possibility. Also, I don't ever write stories to be of any sexual nature, so my characters usually start in their childhood or adolescence and grow from there.

I used to write stories that featured AB/DLs doing drugs and the like, mostly because I was able to relate closely to it. For about 18-months now, I've been clean of drugs and alcohol, so it's been much easier for me to abandon that stoner-ideal. Some people might like it, some not. If there was a demand for stoner AB/DL fiction, maybe I would return to it as somewhat of a nostalgic venture for myself, but for now I'm staying away from it.

My favorite stories to read are ones where young people (boys or girls) willfully regress. Diapers are merely a transitional object in my realm of perception, but they add to the "littleness" just as thumb-sucking does. Anyone who knows me knows that those two things are ever-present in my life, baby and adult, except when I have non-professional sex, which is almost never. haha

I don't like reading about people being forced into regressive situations generally, but if done right, I can enjoy it.