LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anybody Wear Plastic Pants With Disposables?

If you do wear plastic pants with disposables, is it just for the feel or is it for function? It doesn't seem like they would help much. But I'm hoping to buy plastic pants soon and since I don't own any cloth diapers, nor do I plan to buy any cloth diapers anytime soon, was just wondering what help they might lend to disposables.

• Like 1

If you do wear plastic pants with disposables, is it just for the feel or is it for function? It doesn't seem like they would help much. But I'm hoping to buy plastic pants soon and since I don't own any cloth diapers, nor do I plan to buy any cloth diapers anytime soon, was just wondering what help they might lend to disposables.

A disposable nappy usually comes wrapped in it's own plastic pants, Atleastthat goes for the ones they call all in one products.

If you should have a need for additional plastic pants, it means that your nappy is leaking. There can be lots of reasons that they leak, the most common is that it's over saturated and can't absorb any more liquid but in that case plastic pants only help very little because they don't absorb anything either. The best solution is to use a better absorbing product, or if you already are using the most absorbant or doesn´t want to use a more absorbant product you should change more often to prevent oversaturating the nappy.

Other reasons that a nappy might leak are for example the wick effect, which is caused by clothes getting in contact with the inside of the nappy causing the moisture to be drawn from the nappy out in the clothes. To prevent that one may have success fitting the nappy better, using a larger or smaller nappy, even changing to another brand can sometimes help, or maybe use plastic pants as an ekstra barrier between the nappy and the clothes and thereby reducing the risk of clothes getting in contact with the nappy.

I'm in partial agreement with Juliabam whistling.gif I always wear plastic panties because they do help with leaks, even when I'm in disposables. The key is that the crotch must be pulled up tight so that anything which puddles can be absorbed :thumbsup: They will not stop leaks nor are they meant to. And the fit of the openings makes a big difference in how well they work B) I like mine on the tight side and my skin tolerates this- YMMV as many have problems with the same thing. Plus I never stay in the same style plastic panties for longer than my workday- the next pair rests in a different place after showering or washing the diaper area then airing out after drying off ;) They seem to help me most with the dreaded 'press leak' that occurs when you sit down after having wet while standing blush.gif They're also warmer since they do not allow much air movement. There's a good side to that since that lack of air movement also helps contain urine odors :whistling: though when compressed those odors may escape all at once :o For me it's the function first since they ease my mind about leaks, then the feel, or I guess more rightly my knowing that they're there since I don't actually feel anything except where the elastics are :lol: To me plastic panties form a major part of the experience and the good parts outweigh the not-so-good ones. With a really good disposable you don't need them, but then again most of us aren't so incontinent that we need that kind of diaper either, so I look at it as being a choice :angel_not:

Do whatever you like so long as you harm no innocent people in the doing :)

Bettypooh, the harried emoticon typer

• Like 2

I am a plastic pants junkie. I wear them with cloth or disposables. With cloth the plastic pants are required. With disposables they minimize leaks and complete the feel that I love.

I don't currently own any plastic pants, but do like the feel of them. I like them in a punishment scenario. I have been thinking about getting some more but isn't a priority either.

I agree with everything being said. For me I like to wear a wet diaper longer than most so there can be the occasional leak. Especially wetting while standing and the possibility of the press out the next time you sit. Also if you wet heavily all at once a disposable sometimes just can't absorb it that quick and you leak. Plastic pants are a great back up and they feel wonderful to the touch when wearing. So I would totally recommend buying probably three pair since that's how they come the cheapest. Have fun. :)

• Like 1

There are times or situations where plastic pants with disposable diapers are warranted. Like DD I wear plastic pants over disposable diapers for bed, I sleep on my side or stomach and they have saved the day (or night) several times. Also, long trips or other situations where I think I can't change as often as I would like; just that added insurance against a leak. And then sometimes I just want too:)

i dont have plastic pants but i have two different diaper covers.... which are lined with vinyl.... basically this is what you see parents put over a baby's diaper, most often seen for baby girls with a dress and a amtching diaper cover...

i like them because it 'dresses' up the diaper a little, and makes me feel more like a little girl... one is pink with clouds on it, the other is a white satin like with three big pink ruffles across the bum....

and the do help 1. in preventing sagging when the diaper is wet / full 2. helping keep the diaper in place when sleeping - i move around a lot in my sleep and the diaper cover keeps it tight and in place and 3. in the event of some leaking it will capture some of it.

i got my diaper covers on ebay for under $3 each, and only 7$ shipping, so two diaper covers for like $20.

I wore plastic pants once just for ha ha's. They serve a function as disposables do leak easier than cloth.(i think)

here is a picture of me in a pullup with a pair of what looks like panties but they have that lining in them thats rubbery cant think of the name brand since tags torn off lol of em ......... and yes im a Sissy..........

• Like 1

I don't always wear my plastic pants with disposables, but I do wear plastic and rubber pants most of the time, I think they give me a sense of security plus I can feel the first leaks hitting the leg bands before they become visible to others.

When you get the first sign of a leak without plastic pants it is usually the feel of the pee running down your leg, and then its too late.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Sometimes I don plastic pants. I love the mixture of the cool plastic with the warm mushiness.

I don't see the point really of PP, but I use them sometimes. For leaks I just make sure

A.) I have my didy on real tight and snuggly

B.) Try not to load my diaper maximum capacity to spilling over.

There was a time when I did not use plastic pants over my disposables. Then, I found that, on certain "heavy" nights, I would wake up with damp spots in bed. So, I started using plastic pants, and have been "saved" on numerous occasions when I have peed a lot and diaper was loaded, and the plastic pants kept the bed dry. I have a small selection, depending on my need and how I feel. I have some that are reversible, others are blue PVC (love 'em) and then there are the standard "dumb" white "incontinence pants" that do their job and get no thanks.

I recently started wearing plastic pants over my disposables during bedtime and like others found that the plastic pants help contain leaks from frequent, heavy wettings. I like to wear thick disposables with pads to bed to contain multiple nighttime wettings, but sometimes my diapers would leak if I was sleeping on my back and plastic pants prevented a wet bed. I also am starting to like the look of my plastic pants over disposables and the way they keep my diapers snug.

i always wear plastic pants just love the feel of them mostly after a few weeks when they becone crinkly they unfortunally usally rip but i wear them with a fresh pair over them till they really fall apart

Guest Wetnmessy247

Has anyone ever pooped in plastic pants alone? Nothing else?

A tab less messier than having poopy pants. But not by much.