LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Want Less Smelly Urine?

Hope I'm posting this in the right area.

Someone told me if I drink mainly water and less soda that my urine wouldn't have as bad of an odor. I've also heard prune juice or cranberry juice can help with this.

My wife said she will change my diaper if the smell isn't as bad. I really want this.

Can anyone offer advice?

The higher the water content in your body, the more your urine will be diluted. Cranberry juice also helps with this as it is a natural diuretic, as is some teas. However, the quality of your diet plays a huge part in how concentrated your urine is. The higher the concentration, the more salts and impurities that has to be filtered out of the body by the kidneys, and the stronger (and smellier) your urine is. So called 'low fat' and 'zero sugar' drinks tend to also increase the concentration of the urine as they cause the body to preserve its water.

The ideal water balance is that you urinate / place liquid into your bladder with every drink you take. If you are one of those people who can hold urine for most of the day without needing to urinate, I would hazard a guess at that you need to increase your water consumption.

Agree with babykeiff.....avoid high salt and sugar intake. Also coffee and caffeine will make your urine smell.

Keep your water content during the day high, this will help in flushing the kidneys and bladder.

As DD said, ideally your urine is supposed to be as clear as possible.

• 8 years later...