LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dailydiapers Needs Increased Moderation

Actually, I just thought of something...we have all these banners and things like "baby Banker" etc....how about creating something like that for the trolls?? If someone is a repeat offender, just attach a 'troll' status to their screen name...or would that be 'profiling'?? or discrimination?? :P

Actually, the other part of this I thought of would also not only have them labeled as trolls, but also stringent limits on thier ability to post anything, like 1 post a day or something, and it has to go through a mod first for a review. If they don't like that, then they need to clean up their act to earn the freedom to post again, and have the 'troll' status removed.

Just a thought again... :P

• Like 1

Actually, the other part of this I thought of would also not only have them labeled as trolls, but also stringent limits on thier ability to post anything, like 1 post a day or something, and it has to go through a mod first for a review. If they don't like that, then they need to clean up their act to earn the freedom to post again, and have the 'troll' status removed.

Just a thought again... :P

Very good idea there, you silly goose in disguise :rolleyes: Here's what I'd like to see as remedies in ascending order:

1- A private warning

2- A public warning

3- Site restrictions

4- Pre-moderation of all posts for a probationary period, with any obvious attempts at pushing the limits causing the IP addy to be locked out temporarily

5- Permanant IP ban with account and all their posts removed

The criteria used could be decided on privately and kept private since the first action is also private ;) Nobody would endure any embarrassment or humiliation for simply not knowing that what they did was wrong and why. They get a chance to correct the error of their ways if they want to try, and we the members aren't subjected to continuing (and usually increasing) problems from those who don't or won't understand us :)If you want to become a part of any society, you have to change your ways to fit theirs at least well enough to gain their tolerance of you being there :huh: That's how the real world works. You remain free to say or do whatever you want to, only now you bear the responsibility for what you say- go astray and you get rejected by those you wanted acceptance from. You can still discuss and act out your wishes with the like-minded ones you find and befriend without causing the others to become upset with you. If you really want to that is. If you don't want to be at least that considerate of others then you need to go away, either on your own or if need be by force :o The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one (OK I'm a part-time plagiarist :roflmao: Thank you Spock!)

I hope the administration here gives my thoughts some consideration. Me, well I've had all I can stomach of this thread so I'll be gone from this one too. Funny, my need to drop out of certain threads for the sake of my sanity is a rather recent phenomenon. Coincidence?

Bettypooh

I RAM ASS SO Y AM I SO SOR.

Honestly, though, I don't believe the site needs to be more strict on its moderation. We seem to be policing the boards just fine. I agree that there are some members that need to clean up their act, but I do see useful information in most of their posts. To limit the number of posts is discriminating and using a banner is actually rewarding.

The offending members that wish to be accepted on this site don't know how to clean up their posts to add their viewpoint on a subject without detracting from the experience of other users. Instead of holding a a conversation in a topic to exclude members or introduce limitations on certain individuals, we might try explaining what a good post looks like.

I'll go first:

There are numerous posts that are extreme examples of what quality looks like. I'm certain that everyone here will agree that Angela Bauer writes the some of the best posts here. She stays positive and gives feedback to the original poster. She understands that there are always new users reading her posts, so she will always give some background information on herself (never assuming that everyone knows her situation because she's been here forever or others can find out by searching the forums).

Also, what I've noticed about some of the offending posts is the addition of negative or unwanted comments. I'll read an excellent reply that was constructive, only to see a sentence or two at the end that is off-topic, unnecessary, belongs in another sub-forum, usually gross, ill mannered, etc. Learning when to take your fingers off the keyboard is paramount. To do so, read and follow the example posts of other constructive members.

Learning when to take your fingers off the keyboard is paramount. To do so, read and follow the example posts of other constructive members, like Sophie.

I agree!!

What...?

...tampered with the quote...?

Lies. O.O

-Sophie

^So constructive. >.<

• Like 1

Of all the things one could think about, I thought about the issue of moderation at DD for a few hours last night. I jotted some notes down about the issue.

DD has a feature that is advantageous and disadvantageous at the same time. We have a very diverse community with unique views and perspectives that don't jive with some people.

So how do you handle people whose behavior -- though there are no forum rules broken -- is objectionable to many people? How do you handle people that you ignore (or at least try to ignore) but their threads, posts and ideas are so voluminous and prominent that it deters people from posting in close proximity?

Here's my solution: post more.

Yes, post more. Post more threads, posts and ideas that are productive, insightful and knowledgeable. It's up to people to change the tone and the subject of the conversation. The best way to ignore the trolls and dimwits is to bury them with more meaningful topics. You can post about funny things and casual topics. In fact, it should be encouraged because all it takes is one person to spoil seriousness. If you're not serious with the subject matter to begin with, the trolls and dimwits won't have as much power over the topic.

At the same time, in sections and categories that require support from other members, there should be a no-tolerance policy on distasteful posts in sections like the Incontinence forum. For example, people aren't going to be too thrilled with the idea of someone coming into a thread and talking about how they like messing their diaper at a funeral when the topic is about dealing with urinary and bowel incontinence. That should be a no-no.

Unfortunately the trolls can ruin any quality community... and ignoring them won't make the problem go away. I have seen other forums where the "rep" function is used for this purpose. If enough people hit the minus button on someone's post they aren't allowed to post again for a set period of time. While not a hard ban, it does let the active members of the forum say "enough is enough" from certain people.

A community can moderate itself fairly well if given the proper tools to do so.

What's next, maybe making them wear a scarlet letter? They can only post while in front of a webcam while wearing said scarlet letter. How about branding them on the ass with a big T for troll.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

Very good idea there, you silly goose in disguise :rolleyes: Here's what I'd like to see as remedies in ascending order:

1- A private warning

2- A public warning

3- Site restrictions

4- Pre-moderation of all posts for a probationary period, with any obvious attempts at pushing the limits causing the IP addy to be locked out temporarily

5- Permanant IP ban with account and all their posts removed.

(SNIP)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one (OK I'm a part-time plagiarist :roflmao: Thank you Spock!)

I hope the administration here gives my thoughts some consideration. Me, well I've had all I can stomach of this thread so I'll be gone from this one too. Funny, my need to drop out of certain threads for the sake of my sanity is a rather recent phenomenon. Coincidence?

Bettypooh

It's amazing but your order is exactly the way this site is run right now! Not to say at any given time we can skip certain steps or all steps and go right to step 5. We do have a few more hidden tools at our disposal. The thing is some on this site seem to think if they don't get there way and we don't do EXACTLY what they want, then there voice falls on deaf ears. This simply isn't the case, I take the action I feel is necessary to subdue the issue.

Here recently it is getting to the point people are calling the proverbial "WOLF" to much and detracting from the actual moderation of this site. So I tend to think to subdue the issue it is them that need the moderation! :rolleyes:

On a related note the REPORT FUNCTION is what I consider the 9/11 line. This is not to be used for trivial bickering and discourse between members. Underage members, Spammers, Harassment of a racial, sexual kind (You get the idea) is what it is for. If it's not a Emergency then use a PM to us. Got it? Good! :thumbsup: Carry on!

What's next, maybe making them wear a scarlet letter? They can only post while in front of a webcam while wearing said scarlet letter. How about branding them on the ass with a big T for troll.

Hugs,

Freta

If it was for one of the "Offending" members being mentioned...I aint going no where near that ass with a branding iron...Ohhhhh Shivers! :whistling:

There has been soooo many times i was tempted to reply to the trolls ,but i read what everybody else has said . I stop think naaah it is not worth giving this idiot the time of day so i leave it alone . This is not critisism to people who do reply but i just rather not .I just shake my head and move on just my opin :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I agree!!

What...?

...tampered with the quote...?

Lies. O.O

-Sophie

^So constructive. >.<

What? You've purposefully misquoted me for your status gain as an important member of this community? How dare you! I see journalism in your future.

To those here complaining about the trolls, I suggest that you look at the concept of the film 'The People vs Larry Flynt'. It is only by pushing the envelope, that we learn the true meaning of free speech. It is only by learning about others, that we can know ourselves. Yes, some posts can be extreme, but is this extreme a matter of taste?

It has been said that Angela Bauer produces some excellent posts, but that has come from experience on her part, and being involved in the AB/DL community for the best part of 30 years, as have many others.

Some of the so called trolls are within the age range of 18 ~ 25, with little experience in openly communicating on such a private matter. In an ideal world, this interest would be globally accepted, and it is what most wish for / aspire to, but this acceptance needs to start from within.

I admire Mike and Repaid's tolerance, which is why that this site is one of the largest ABDL forums worldwide, and probably why you keep coming back for more.

Psychologically, a person who seeks out an argument in actually crying out for help. The argument is a defense mechanism to self harm so another can't hurt them. Anger and aggressive behavior are typical protection mechanisms. An animal will first growl to show it is larger/more powerful when threatened, but in reality, the loudest animals are usually the more scared.

• Like 2

What? You've purposefully misquoted me for your status gain as an important member of this community? How dare you! I see journalism in your future.

^I did take journalism class in high school... probably where I get my tactics and skills.

;)

-Sophie

:(

Please don't leave. I like you!

If you really want I can give you my email. Most of the people I already like I converse with elsewhere, so there is really nothing here for me.

Psychologically, a person who seeks out an argument in actually crying out for help. The argument is a defense mechanism to self harm so another can't hurt them. Anger and aggressive behavior are typical protection mechanisms. An animal will first growl to show it is larger/more powerful when threatened, but in reality, the loudest animals are usually the more scared.

I know plenty of people with a large e-penis, and there is certainly a difference between walking the walk and talking the talk... but you can't seriously sit there and tell me that the lion is in reality a big pussy.

Unfortunately the lack of rules and regulations on here means that people can, to a degree, say and do whatever they please. It creates an interesting situation b/c many of us are just looking for answers to logical questions or some civilized discussion while others come here to get their jollies by posting sick lies and generally acting like morons. The only real tool that we have against them is to give them some of their own medicine. Call people out when they are lying or talking about sick and disgusting things, eventually they will get the point and move somewhere else.

I know plenty of people with a large e-penis, and there is certainly a difference between walking the walk and talking the talk... but you can't seriously sit there and tell me that the lion is in reality a big pussy.

Unfortunately the lack of rules and regulations on here means that people can, to a degree, say and do whatever they please. It creates an interesting situation b/c many of us are just looking for answers to logical questions or some civilized discussion while others come here to get their jollies by posting sick lies and generally acting like morons. The only real tool that we have against them is to give them some of their own medicine. Call people out when they are lying or talking about sick and disgusting things, eventually they will get the point and move somewhere else.

Talking of rules and regulations, isn't inciting violence illegal?? Say didn't you just do that in the Real life trolls thread???

Oh i forgot you probably only want rules that don't effect you.

• Like 1

Talking of rules and regulations, isn't inciting violence illegal?? Say didn't you just do that in the Real life trolls thread???

Oh i forgot you probably only want rules that don't effect you.

Ya' know... I looked and I don't see a clear and easily accessible link to "The Rules" anywhere.