LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thickness Comparison

If someone has all the major premium brands in their stash, could you possibly post a couple of pics of a moli xplus, bam/secure, abena xplus, and any others I'm forgetting so we can have a visual comparison between the premium diapers.

many thanks in advance

-Mischa

I have the "major bands"... but never all of them in the same size at the same time. These are all size medium.

Here is X-plus vs Bambino

X-plusvsBambino.jpg

This is Abena Super vs Attends vs Wal-Mart brand.

HPIM0969.jpg

And an interesting one... Dry 24/7 vs Bambino vs Tena Super.

HPIM0586.jpg

I currently have X-plus, Tranquility ATN, and Cushies at home. I'll do another comparison shot when I get in.

• Like 2

moli xplus, bam/secure, abena xplus

I have these three on hand :) They've been out of the case and are from open bags so they're not the compressed thickness. Interestingly, the Secure X-Plus doesn't seem to have decompressed as much as the other two...

diaper-comparison-small.jpg

(Click for high-res/high-detail :))

Off the top of my head, I also have available Attends (6-tape, with waistband), ABU Cushies and some Tena Ultra Stretch, too. The ABU is about the same dry thickness as the Molicare (again, decompressed) but doesn't hold as much. The other two aren't worth bothering with for thickness :P

What I might go and do is put a few heavy books down on top of each of them and take another photo to try and show them without any decompression :P

OK, here are some slightly better pictures. This time, I put a piece of wood under diapers to stop the weight pushing them into the memory foam :P the bed pad is so I didn't get splinters in my diapers (ouch!). I also put roughly 1KG or 2.2lbs of mass (aka Steven King books :lol:) on top of each stack to press out most of the expansion.

diaper-comparison-2-small.jpg

Click photo for bigger, more detailed.

Next I stacked them on top of each other, side-on. Apologies for the really bad lighting job in this photo :P

diaper-comparison-3-small.jpg

Again, click for bigger.

I think this one is interesting because it shows why the Secure X-Plus appears so much thinner and the Molicare appears thickest when we all know that the Abena feels thickest when you actually wear it. The Secure X-Plus is slightly thinner than the other two, I think but it's also folded really neatly while the Molicare is folded the least neatly of the three. That translates to less wasted space and is presumably why a bag of 12 Secure X-Plus diapers is so much smaller than a bag of 14 Abri-Form M4's. They've just got much better folding and packing :P

This post of over-analytical nonsense brought to you by the letters A and B, D and L, and the fact that I'm procrastinating doing the yard work :lol:

Indeed very nice photo comparisons. Its insane how much the Abena and Molicare "blow up"/decompress once out of the bag.

I believe that has a lot to do with the amount of pulp they use vs SAP.

If I recall correctly, Bambino diapers have a high SAP to pulp ratio... which is why they are relatively thin when dry and swell so much when wet. I would imagine that the ratio in Abena X-plus and Molicare is closer to 50:50, they start thick and stay thick. The "compression" is logical as well... pulp is obviously more compressible than SAP, which is why diapers such as X-plus and Molicare expand so much when they are allowed to breathe.

• Like 1

I think this one is interesting because it shows why the Secure X-Plus appears so much thinner and the Molicare appears thickest when we all know that the Abena feels thickest when you actually wear it.

I heard Molicares feel thicker.

I've never tried Molicares, but it's true that Abena feels rather thick...

Anyway, anyone care to comment on which they think FEELS thicker?

-Sophie

Anyway, anyone care to comment on which they think FEELS thicker?

I'd say the Abena's feel thickest, probably because the padding has a higher rise at the back than the Molicare. I'm pretty sure they're a bit wider than the Molicare between the legs too, which adds to the feeling of bulk.

[edit] Actually, I just checked and the Molicare is wider in the crotch, by about ⅓".

• 9 months later...

Dry 24/7 ..... IMHO they feel the most bulky of any disposable on the market. Molicare super plus has the best tapes, while the padding, on the abena xplus, goes up further in the front than the other two. I do like the stretch plastic on the molicares as well. Combine the good points of all 3 and you'd have a great diaper.

Dry 24/7

Yep. I think this thread dates from before Dry 24/7 was 'relaunched'

I'll see if I can do another side-by-side with an Active Ultra and a Bambino Teddy in a bit but just looking at them, Dry24/7 diapers are *huge* - especially in terms of across the crotch, they're wider than any other medium size diaper I've ever worn... I'm pretty sure they're at least an inch, possible an inch and a half wider than say an Abena X-Plus (don't have any of those to compare with at the moment though). That width makes the diaper feel bulkiest - heck you almost waddle...

• Like 1

I've tried the Dry 24/7 and they do make you waddle. they really hold well but they are not very descreet for public wearing. I wear the large and they by far are thicker than my molicares.

Dry24/7 vs Bambino Teddy (both mediums). They're lined up at the far-right corner:

post-8967-0-42498500-1299787797_thumb.jp

As I said, this is one huge diaper... The Teddy is about 6½" across the crotch part, the Dry24/7 is about 7½". It also has a much higher rise. Thickness comparison wouldn't really be fair at this point - the Dry24/7 came straight out of a new pack for that photo but the Teddy has been out of the pack for months.

post-8967-0-42498500-1299787797_thumb.jp

• Like 2