LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Owie!

Bad toothache and no $ for the dentist. Not complaining as that's life - just letting you know why I might not be around as much or might rip your head off if you annoy me :)

I know the feeling except for me it is that I am actually afraid of the dentist, plus with all the meds I am on I have to be on atibiotics first before the dentist can do anything major.

If it's a cavity which you can get to with a Q-tip there's a short-term cure ;) "Clove Oil" (also called "Oil of Cloves") applied to a cavity will remove the pain instantly :D Get it at a Herbalist shop or Health Food place for under $10. Old-fashioned Drug Stores may have it- the chain stores won't and one bottle will last you for many years- it doesn't spoil :( Apply it with a Q-tip into the cavity or broken tooth, or get a bit to run in there if the hole is smaller :rolleyes: Just keep it away from the everything but the cavity or it will burn like the dickens- especually on the gums :o It will lose it's effectiveness over a week's usage or so, but it will give you time to get the money for the Dentist together :whistling:

This is just another one of the long-lost cures past generations used that "Modern Medicine" has convienently forgotten about :bash:

Hope you are out of pain soon :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

It's a tooth that had a root canal years ago, but never got properly filled. I am leaning towards thinking it's infected, so I am taking antibiotics to see if I can kill it without needing a dentist, since I can afford to see one till next week anyway.

Will definitely try the clove oil!

Mike, i can say with experince, it will not get better on its own. Furthermore you need to be aware that a tooth infection can quickly enter the blood streem and cause major issues.

Don't play around with it too long.

It's a tooth that had a root canal years ago, but never got properly filled. I am leaning towards thinking it's infected, so I am taking antibiotics to see if I can kill it without needing a dentist, since I can afford to see one till next week anyway.

Will definitely try the clove oil!

If you can get it to the nerve ending it will work, and it won't affect anything else you're taking in any way- the antibiotics are a good idea but even if the pain goes away have it checked out ASAP ;) Lovable_Guy is right about the high possibility of blood poisoning :o

Bettypooh

I have always found that a warm rinse with salt water and a cap full or two of Hydrogen peroxide tends to speed the healing process. If it was a root canal then there is no nerve per say within the tooth. So the pain must be coming from a infection of the surrounding tissue more than likely within the jaw line. The warm rinse will help with that to bring out the infection and relieve the pressure. Best of luck with it, Tooth aches rate right up there in pain I can't stand.

IF you are able like you said to use antibiotics, and can take the taste, Applying it directly to the sore spot will have the best affect. Nasty as it is. I saw it on a show once, not sure of the validity. But it was purported to have a drastic effect to the better of attacking the infection. Once again Hope you feel better soon. :thumbsup:

Ya' know... you really shouldn't be just popping antibiotics. Improper use and excessive prescription of antibiotics are one reason that we have such nasty (and resistant) germs going around these days.

Ya' know... you really shouldn't be just popping antibiotics. Improper use and excessive prescription of antibiotics are one reason that we have such nasty (and resistant) germs going around these days.

Got the tooth pulled today - and was put on antibiotics :whistling:

was put on antibiotics :whistling:

They ALWAYS put you in antibiotics. It's all they know.

Lemon or Lavendar are very good. Like BettyPooh says - apply with Qtip and avoid everything else. Lemon, Lavendar and Clove oils are generally regarded as safe for consumption.

p.s. The name lavendar comes from the same latin root as lavatory which means "to wash." See, they knew all the health benefits before "modern medicine" destroyed our health.

Well, I woke up this morning in awful pain with my cheek so swollen I couldn't see over it. Got a fight to go to Saturday so decided to get the pain out of the way so I can enjoy the show.

If you are in Florida, check out Shands's (University of Florida) dental clinic. I have seen them do things for less than my insurance co-pay.

Well, I woke up this morning in awful pain with my cheek so swollen I couldn't see over it. Got a fight to go to Saturday so decided to get the pain out of the way so I can enjoy the show.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Got all 4 of my wisdoms pulled awhile back.

The only think I remember about that week was the pink elephants selling candy in the bathroom to little leprechauns wearing silver hats.

Hmm.....

Got all 4 of my wisdoms pulled awhile back.

The only think I remember about that week was the pink elephants selling candy in the bathroom to little leprechauns wearing silver hats.

Hmm.....

Hey! Leprechauns DON'T buy candy from pink elephants NOR do they wear silver hats!!! I would prefer if you didn't attack a culture that you obviously don't know about.

from

An Annoyed Leprechaun, who is not so little!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Bad toothache and no $ for the dentist. Not complaining as that's life - just letting you know why I might not be around as much or might rip your head off if you annoy me :)

A toothache is caused by pressure on the nerve. This is usually from the inflammation caused by bacterial infection between the tooth and the gum and your bodies natural defence mechanism actions. Think of how your finger swells a bit when you cut / injure it. If this happens around your tooth / between the tooth and the nerve, since the tooth can not give way, it is the nerve that is compressed from the pressure.

The best way to stop / reduce the associated pain is to kill the bacteria and release the pressure. This is done by first, cleaning the teeth. Follow this by a liberal wash with mouth wash. Repaid1 suggested rinsing with salt water, yes that works as long as the salt water is at mouth temperature. (this can be checked by placing your finger into the glass/cup and seeing if you can sense the temperature difference between your finger and the salt water). After this is done, what you need is not a pain killer, but an anti-inflammatory - ie you need to reduce the swelling that the infection has caused. Paracetomol / asprin or something similar is ideal.

Even after the pain has subsided, a dental visit is strongly advised.

• Like 1