LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shopping

High fructose corn syrup is the kiss of death health wise. They put it in everything to save money, even in things they don't need to like bread and hot dogs. I avoid it like the plague.

Hugs,

Freta

Coming up on 30 years and it hasn't killed me yet... I think the key is generally not to pig out on too much snackfood, in general. I consume a lot less than most others in my age range, because it's expensive and doesn't last long. I've found that stuff like cereal tends to have more nutritional value and tends to cost less with more volume, and is often even tastier than most snackfoods. Of course, it also helps to have a job that involves plenty of manual labor.

Buying new pants. Somehow managed to drop a size without trying. I think it's due to drinks with sugar, not corn sryup.

From iPhone

Why not try drinks WITHOUT artificial sweeteners....

from computer that works :P

sugar isn't artificial :)

Sugar isn't artificial, but refined sugar- what most of us know sugar to be- isn't good for you at all :o Unrefined sugar such as "Turbinado" is much healthier :) I can't remember the details at this hour but it has something to do with the bleaching process that turns the sugar white ;) Generally the closer a food is to it's natural state the better it is for you B) American's have one of the highest refined sugar intakes in our diets anywhere in the whole world :( Many nutritionists now believe that this is the root of many of the health problems you didn't hear so much of in the past- especially in children :huh:

When I switched from sugar to honey in my coffee I started feeling better and had a lot more energy- it was very noticeable :thumbsup: When I run out of honey and use sugar within a day I start feeling less energetic and my thinking becomes more muddled :rolleyes: Those few spoons of sugar each day made a world of difference in me.

Bettypooh

Bettypooh has got it mostly correct. It IS the refining process that causes the substance 'sugar' to be bad for us. Sugar is the informal term for the artificial sweeter. Sorry DD, sugar IS chemically created. Natural sweeteners include honey, sugar beet, sugar cane, molasses.

For production, chemicals are added to 'sugar' to make it flow easier. To eliminate the taste of sugar, and also to enhance the taste of a product, salt is added in equal proportions to the sugar. The common ratio of water, salt, sugar, other in most drinks is 5:4:4:1 with 50% water, 40% sugar or sugar derivative (corn syrup / molasses, corn oil flavoring, glucose, fructose, HFCS (high fructose corn syrup), saccharine, aspartame, and the list can go on for ever) 40% salt, and 10% other ingredients depending on the product.

Brown 'unrefined' or 'less refined' sugar is far better for us than refined white sugar. Honey is even better. No matter how good we are at chemical engineering, nothing can beat the original substance. sugar is chemically engineered to be sucrose (glucose and fructose) but the sucrase (carrier it leaves behind) we can't handle. However, within honey, the glucose and fructose are naturally bonded as sucrose without the sucrase.

The full details of this is so long and boring, so I will not expand it. I suggest to those who wish to know, to check here

• Like 1