LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Does Incontinence Feel Like?

you ask how does it feel? as there are a lot of different types of incontinence there are a lot of different answers. However, for me there is no feeling ? As my incontinence means I just drip freely i dont really feel myself peeing, but the one sensation that i miss is the feeling of a full bladder, I havent had that for quite sometime. I do get the feeling of a full diaper and i need to change.

Sometimes for convenience I do use my diaper for faecal purposes, this is when i cant make it to a toilet so i use my diaper and clean up later. that sensation is a whole lot different but it isnt incontinence. The feeling i do get is that of security knowing that i can never flood my diaper, and i will never be caught short especially these days when it costs 20 pence even to look at a toilet.

I too just drip and dribble all day long. Occasionally my bladder fills and empties at will but I haven't had a real full bladder and that need to go feeling for ages. I wet a lot at night.

I've only experienced true incontinence lately a few times. I can vouch for the standing up and bowels suddenly emptying uncontrollably. I didn't even feel a real need to go, just a little discomfort like had gas, was standing up to go into the bathroom and out it came.

• 2 weeks later...

I've developed progressive bladder weakness over the past few years. I always feel the tug of my bladder when I have to go during the day but then don't realize I've started to wet myself often until I feel the wetness. And when I make it to a toilet or urinal "on time" I seldom fully void my bladder and often the voiding finishes once I've tucked in and zippered up. I'm not sure of the reasons for this but I do take care to be more cautious these days. It's good that there are products out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Context: I have very limited urinary continence due to full-time diaper wear. I hope my posting here will not be considered offensive.

For me, it feels pretty much like being continent did, except that the muscle at the base of my urethra (urinary sphincter? I don't know the anatomy) doesn't seem to close completely. It's like trying to close a door in a heavy wind - I'll be 'controlling' as hard as I can but I'll still feel fluid coming through.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Kaliborio said:

Context: I have very limited urinary continence due to full-time diaper wear. I hope my posting here will not be considered offensive.

For me, it feels pretty much like being continent did, except that the muscle at the base of my urethra (urinary sphincter? I don't know the anatomy) doesn't seem to close completely. It's like trying to close a door in a heavy wind - I'll be 'controlling' as hard as I can but I'll still feel fluid coming through.

That sounds like a very good description!

On 2/15/2016 at 1:23 AM, Kaliborio said:

I've been bested at analogies <_<Very well said :thumbsup:

About half the time I don't know I've peed till some time later when I notice my diaper is much wetter than it was the last time I thought about it. And the rest of the time it's like fighting the hurricane at the door so I mostly just let the door do it's thing :P Here at home I can often hold on long enough to make it to the toilet but just barely, so I use cheap pull-ups here to save a few bucks. I don't dare try it more than a few steps from the bathroom anymore.

Bettypooh

• 2 years later...

I'm 68years old male and have double incontinence and always have due to medical issues sometimes I get the feeling that I have to void but can't make it  other  times I don't know till I'm going .Yes I love my diapers  but because I have no choice true incontinence I wish on no one 

During the daytime, I do not feel gradually increasing sensations indicating that I need to urinate. Instead, I feel sudden very intense “urges” that are accompanied almost immediately by the feeling that I am actually voiding. Sometimes I can stop going before my bladder is completely empty; but because I’m wearing a diaper, I often just let my bladder empty itself. If I use the toilet regularly every hour, I can sometimes avoid involuntary wetting. At night, I sometimes wake up with an intense urge to urinate. When that happens, trying to get up to go to the bathroom causes me to wet uncontrollably. At other times, I wet while asleep without waking up. 

Ha, true incontinence is something I still remember all too well. Due to some medical problems, I was totally incontinent until I was about 7, and continued to be bladder-incontinent until I was about 20, with sporadic bladder problems to this day. Re: bowel accidents, especially when I was six or so, it basically felt like I was trying to hold an enema in (usually unsuccessfully). I remember sitting in a chair, terrified, and pulling on the sides of the chair, basically trying to press my bottom as hard as I could against the chair to hold it in (usually unsuccessfully). With my bladder, it was more like a sudden spasm in which my bladder would suddenly start to empty itself, causing me to pee at full force, no matter how hard I tried to stop it. Made for many, many, many embarrassing moments as a kid.

Ha, true incontinence is something I still remember all too well. Due to some medical problems, I was totally incontinent until I was about 7, and continued to be bladder-incontinent until I was about 20, with sporadic bladder problems to this day. Re: bowel accidents, especially when I was six or so, it basically felt like I was trying to hold an enema in (usually unsuccessfully). I remember sitting in a chair, terrified, and pulling on the sides of the chair, basically trying to press my bottom as hard as I could against the chair to hold it in (usually unsuccessfully). With my bladder, it was more like a sudden spasm in which my bladder would suddenly start to empty itself, causing me to pee at full force, no matter how hard I tried to stop it. Made for many, many, many embarrassing moments as a kid.

Hi I'm Gene I'm 68 yrs old and I have  double incontinence and and have my whole life as you said many many embarrassing times in my life it's a horrible feeling when you know it's about to happen and there's nothing you can do for me the hardest time. Was In like Jr and are high school having only cloth diapers and rubber pants rubber pants so for sanatairy reasons I was required to have the nurses change me this was the so very embarrassing 

Hi Gene    Do you still wear cloth diapers and plastic pants?   I wet the bed as a child from 6 to16 and have always preferred them ever since.   What do you wear now for diapers?  Paul

• 2 months later...

I am both bladder and bowel incontinent due to a spinal cord injury. I still have some sensation down there, but no control at all. I can feel when I'm about to urinate and have a bowel movement, and I can feel it the entire time it's happening. When I pee, I feel an initial bladder spasming take place and my sphincter tightening involuntarily, then I can feel my sphincter relaxing while the urine flows through my penis and out of me. It starts flowing within a few seconds of the first spasms. It does feel nice as far as the release aspect, I just don't feel the wetness the same way I used to feel before my injury. It's odd that I cannot feel the wetness, because I still enjoy the amazing sensation of the soft diaper rubbing my genitals, but for some reason I can't feel the actual wetness sensation. 

When it comes to poo'ing, it starts with an overall spasming in my abdomen followed by the involuntary rhythmic movements of my bowel. Within a minute or two, the pushout contractions of my bowel begins to push stool out to my anus. I can feel the whole process. Usually it feels really good, but at times the pushing cramps can be a little intense when the tight fit of my diaper provides resistance against the stool coming out, especially if I'm sitting in my wheelchair. It's incredible how strong my bowels are, because in the end it always wins and can push huge amounts of stool up through the front and back of my diaper. I do find the bulkiness of a wet and messy diaper very enjoyable, and I love that I have no control over it happening to me.

For me I always wonder if someone can tell if I am wearing a diaper. Its not a great feeling. I work in transportation. I wear depends fit flex daily.  I also go to pelvic physio for really tight pelvic muscles. After physio because all my muscles are relaxed and it doesnt matter if i use the toilet before I always have to wear a thick diaper because I know on the drive home I will always pee myself. Its not fun knowing my bladder is never empty and will leak whenever it wants too. Its really hard on my relationship and hyding it from my kids. For those who want it  ..... have fun with the bills and no freedom. Change at the gym or go on holidays and see what other issues suck. 

My incontinence is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I bled excessively following the surgery; and the bleeding possibly in combination with the effects of the surgery left me with urge urinary incontinence. I do not feel a gradually increasing sense that I need to urinate. Instead, I get sudden, irresistible “urges” to urinate and within a minute or less start urinating uncontrollably. 

I just feel my diaper getting heavier as it fills with urine. I sometimes feel urine edible down the side of my penis and onto the rear of my diaper when I lie down but apart from that I don't really have any sensation of urinating.

40 minutes ago, wearer24/7 said:

I just feel my diaper getting heavier as it fills with urine. I sometimes feel urine edible down the side of my penis and onto the rear of my diaper when I lie down but apart from that I don't really have any sensation of urinating.

Very similar to my incontinence.

On 6/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, InconDad said:

For me I always wonder if someone can tell if I am wearing a diaper. Its not a great feeling. I work in transportation. I wear depends fit flex daily.  I also go to pelvic physio for really tight pelvic muscles. After physio because all my muscles are relaxed and it doesnt matter if i use the toilet before I always have to wear a thick diaper because I know on the drive home I will always pee myself. Its not fun knowing my bladder is never empty and will leak whenever it wants too. Its really hard on my relationship and hyding it from my kids. For those who want it  ..... have fun with the bills and no freedom. Change at the gym or go on holidays and see what other issues suck. 

I gave up worrying about people noticing I wear nappies, if they do so what.