LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

About To Diaper Myself For The First Time

I want to know.. what does a disposable diaper feel like? I have used a "ghetto" diaper, which consisted of a cut sheet and pins, but it felt very much cottony like underwear, and was forgettable in a matter of minutes.

Im ordering Bambinos pretty soon. I want to know a few things...

1) How does one go about putting a disposable diaper on themselves? Ive watched videos and it doesnt look as easy as it seems. Theres a lot of folding and oragami involved if you want the perfect fit.

2) What do these bad boys feel like? Ive tried to understand the sensation of being diapered through reviews, but I only read descriptions like "Tapes hold well" and "Doesnt swell up" and "Holds a lot" But I never could speculate on what an actual AB diaper would feel like. Could you fill me in?

Thanks.

Guest little_jonny

you can do it 3 different way

1. clear a spot on the floor and un fold the diaper. make sure the taps are on the back. fold out the sides. lay down on the diaper and make sure its where it needs to be at. make sure its going to cover your front well. the diaper should come up close to your belly button. undo one of the taps on the side and place it on the diaper. move to the other side and tap the other tap. at this point you might want to make sure its a snug fit. after that tap up the last two taps.

2. another way to put a diaper on is to stand against a wall.. (which to me is the best way) you just repeat the steps if you were going to put a diaper on laying on the floor.

3. another good way to put a diaper on is to let someone diaper you :) i've never done it or know what it feels like.

if my steps sound confusing, i'm sure someone will post much better step by steps

Since I've gone 24/7, I rapidly found a quick way to change my wet diapers.

Standing up, I pull my pants down just far enough that the bottom of my diaper is clear.

I untape one side completely, then hold the back of the diaper as i untape the other side. I lower the diaper and then pull it through the front, laying it open on my bed--or at work wrapping it up and putting it in the prepped disposal bag. After wiping, at home the wipes go in the diaper to be wrapped, at work, they go in the bag separate.

I then unfold the new diaper, pass the back through my legs .and get it centered on me before taping one side loose, then taping the other side tight, going back to the other side and tightening that before putting my pants back on, gathering my supplies and disposal bag and throwing that out. On my way out I always wash and dry my hands thoroughly as well.

I have found it rather easy to change my diaper at work as we have some fairly wide TP holders that I can set everything on--meanwhile at home, I'm nervous about being caught mid-change

Guest Wetnmessy247

Lucky you, getting to experience being diapered for the first time. first time is always special.

Yea, what they said above. There are many ways to put a fresh diaper on yourself.

Me peronally, I only use two ways, bed and wall.

For diapering on the bed/changing pad, it can get rather difficult seeing what you need to do properly. A lot of stretching it involved.

But the wall practice....works every time.

Simply unfold the diaper, then put the back falf convernijng your bum. Then back up against a wall, the diper won't fall down. Simply pull front up to cover your genital area, tape and VOILA.

Freshly pampered!!

I think you are really going to like the Bambinos! It's hard to describe how wearing a diaper feels, so why not just enjoy the anticipation of getting your Bambinos and experiencing it yourself.

Obviously, there are a lot of people on this forum that would agree that it feels great! At this point, it feels wrong to me if I'm not wearing one. :)

I know this has been asked before, there are a lot of variances on styles. This has been the way I've done it for over 20 years. Floor/bed method is really about the same as wall method. As both are just there to hold the diaper into proper position before taping. So first you have to get the front to back even. If laying down this is a bit easier. Center the diaper left to right on your rear end, then adjust the front to back so the waist is even front to back. As in they line up. Leaving the tapes intact you can afford a few sample pull overs to ensure the fit is correct.

Next Comes the fun part. With your opposite hand, palm down, center of the front tape panel slowly slide your hand to just about the edge of the side your going to tape. You can adjust your hand up a little to adjust for clearance where the tape is going to go. Again another few dry runs to insure the front is in position and your fingers are clear for the tape to land. Now you can grasp the bottom tape. You'll notice the tapes have a slight edge free just outside the sticky part on the tip. With your thumb and fore finger grasp that area.

With a slight rolling away motion, roll the tape back across the outside of your fore finger. Lift up and away from the front pulling into position the tape till the back panel is taught then lower it in a even motion to place the rear of the tape first then unroll the grip of your tape forward rolling the tape from rear to front. okay there you go that's the hard part. Now just repeat to the bottom tape on the other side.

Here's my little trick I always do to get the snug fit. If your laying down get up! Grasp the upper back on both sides and give it a slight up pull and move your stance from one leg to the other (Like your pulling on wet shorts or something) you should have a snugger feel on the bottom now. Generally if you don't do this step you have a sag at the bottom of the diaper and this will make it more form fitting and a tad snugger around the legs and your bum! :rolleyes:

Repeat the taping operation on the top making sure your pull straight across with a very slight upward tension to ensure the the front of the diaper doesn't pucker. Repeat on the last side and Voila' your done you should have a diaper snugging your rear end, centered front to back, left to right. Looking into a mirror all tapes should be equal on the taping panel. It will take some practice but soon you find it just a common thing and won't give it any thought.

The good thing about Bambino's is they have a taping panel on the front and you can re-adjust your tapes a few times. I know you'll get it figured out. There are a few video's on you tube that could help you out as well.

Here's one on how NOT to do it:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6i22vtFgpWg

Reading my above you can see what happens when you don't do it right. best of luck! :thumbsup:

Pay close attention to the suggestions from Repaid1. He knows all about adult disposables!

It's either learn or leave puddles... :P Since the Marines I'm not a big swabber (mop) kinda guy if ya get my drift. :glare:

Potluck,

can I presume that you are not new to diapers, and have at least seen them before, or even diapered a baby / young child. If so, then you are aware at least, that the tapes go on the back etc. Coming from that perspective, you aware of how to put a diaper on, and where the diaper would leak on a baby. Your body, and the diaper that fits it is similar in preportion to that of a baby, so the same rules apply. However, the difficult thing, as repaid1 has stated, is getting the snug fit and centering same on your body. In my experience, the easiest time I have self diapering is when I am lying down.

Repaid1's instructions are ideal. Try and ensure that you leave a little space between your crotch and the diaper pad. In a male, this is naturally done due to the extra bit that is covered by a diaper in a male. The reason for this is to give the diaper some breathing room thus allowing it to absorb and expand.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Repaid:

"Learn or leve puddles".

Couldn't be simpler thant that,potluck.

Everything you learn in life youlearn from trial and error. Trial and error.

Think about it:

When you first started driving, did you automatically feel safe going 80 down the interstate?

When you play a videogame for the first time, do you know exactly where to go, ammo to save, etc etc?

When you *masterbate* for the first time, do you know exactly how?

When you have sex for the firt time, do you know how?

When you bake a cake, do you know EXACTLY the ingredients the first time?

Life is trial and error. Which means you will probably have accidents in your diaapers before you get the hang of it.

• Like 1

"If so, then you are aware at least, that the tapes go on the back etc."

Uuummm HUH? was this a miss type? :huh:

;) Doh.... am I doing something wrong here!!!:o

For complete clarity, with a disposable diaper opened length-ways on your bed, padding faced upwards, lay down on said diaper when the diaper tapes are at your head end, and the landing panel is at your feet. The diaper is then pulled around your waist - taped from the back to land on the front panel.

:huh: If you wish, I will edit my post to state ...that the tapes go on from the back to the front etc.:glare:

Guest Wetnmessy247

Putting a diaper properly on isn't exactly rocket science.

Just tape tape and wet. No problem.

I've used packaging tape many times to hold up diapers that have ogtten too heavy in the rear because of massive use. The tpes don't last 4ever. Unfortunately.

I'd love a diaper that could hold up like Stewie's did the one time where there was so much mess it was dragging along five feet behind him.

;) Doh.... am I doing something wrong here!!!:o

For complete clarity, with a disposable diaper opened length-ways on your bed, padding faced upwards, lay down on said diaper when the diaper tapes are at your head end, and the landing panel is at your feet. The diaper is then pulled around your waist - taped from the back to land on the front panel.

:huh: If you wish, I will edit my post to state ...that the tapes go on from the back to the front etc.:glare:

Ahhh makes sense now, didn't understand it in that context...sorry. :thumbsup: