LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers That Look Like Jeans?

Guest little_jonny

They have been out for a number of years, but released in a 'limited batch'. There is a reason for this, which in a sense, is kinda logical.

Kimberly Clarke have a psychological report linking difficult toilet training to clothes looking diapers. It states that when a baby perceives that it is ok to soil clothes, by placing the baby in pseudo cloth looking diapers, this mental perspective is extremely difficult to shift.

Kimberly Clarke used to manufacture this product in all its range, but have removed it from the larger ranges. Its release tends to increase the product sales for more of a novelty item rather than anything else, so Kimberly Clarke will continue to manufacture it.

They have been out for a number of years, but released in a 'limited batch'. There is a reason for this, which in a sense, is kinda logical.

Kimberly Clarke have a psychological report linking difficult toilet training to clothes looking diapers. It states that when a baby perceives that it is ok to soil clothes, by placing the baby in pseudo cloth looking diapers, this mental perspective is extremely difficult to shift.

Good logic there.

That is one reason why I have always been confused by diaper manufacturers continually making their products more "underwear like". Cloth covers, stretchy sides, thinner padding, etc. Shouldn't a diaper feel like a diaper? As opposed to any other form of clothing.

Of course we must also consider that diaper manufacturers secretly strive to keep kids in diapers as long as possible, thus maximizing their profits from each individual consumer. It certainly wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint to try and rush your customer away from your product as rapidly as possible.

I've seen diapers life this from China but nothing in the US. also the "Huggies Supreme Jean Diaper Jumbo Size 4 25Ct - Available For Limited Time" limited time offer seems to me like they are testing the waters with a product like this , Like Keiff said , its most likely just a novelty. I don't really see something like this catching on but at least KC is willing to try something new with their product , now... if only they make some decent diapers for the older people like these , lol.

Just wait for the iPeed. Converts heat from your excrement into energy to charge your electronic devices.

I have enough of that energy to power an island off the coast of Japan.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Oh wow never seen these before.

I must get me some!!

People know I sometimes wear shorts that....well....are much much shorter than a guy usually wears. Short shorts. So this would be awesome!! I'm a very small person so I would probably fit these.

It would be so awesome wearing a tishrt and diaper that looks like short shorts and like walk around in public having people think I am just a really effeminate guy when in reality my "jeans" are fully of messy. :blush: Would be nice to have only a thin layer of "diaper" separating my wet/mess from the outside world. :blush:

Imagine feeling a cool fall breeze while wearing one of these while wet/messy!!! :wub:

It would be so awesome wearing a tishrt and diaper that looks like short shorts and like walk around in public having people think I am just a really effeminate guy when in reality my "jeans" are fully of messy. :blush: Would be nice to have only a thin layer of "diaper" separating my wet/mess from the outside world. :blush:

Imagine feeling a cool fall breeze while wearing one of these while wet/messy!!! :wub:

No... it wouldn't be awesome, you would be arrested for public indecency and appear on the news as another "freak with a diaper fetish". Exactly what this community doesn't need.

• Like 1

ok, i dont know if i've been living under a rock for so many years or what ever, but i was browsing aroundon sears and found this

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_029W020723860001P?keyword=diapers&sid=K-on-Sx20k061224x0000002

i dont know how long these have been out

Okay, this is probably going to be a bit confusing, so please bare with me. These were first introduced, and available "for a limited time" strictly in Southeast Asia. I believe that they were limited to Singapore, and possibly South Korea. (If someone knows for a fact that they were available in another country, please feel free to correct me.) From what I understand, the diapers were available between June and August of 2009. If you search Google, there's a press release that discusses them.

If you live in the US, and possibly Canada or the UK, then these will be "new" to you, and available for a limited time as well. I'm including the UK and Canada simply because it seems like KCWW updates their product lines for all three countries at the same time. The only thing that I can tell you for certain is that these are now available "for a limited time" in the United States, and that Sears link is to the US Sears website. I should also point out that the link notes that the diapers are sold through K-Mart, so they could possibly be K-Mart exclusives, but please don't quote me on that. I'll definitely head to my local K-Mart in the next few weeks though and see if they have any in stock; I'll have to pick up a package of these in Size 6 if they do. (If for some reason KCWW only released these in Sizes 1-5, I'll settle for Size 5 over nothing mind you.)

It seems like KCWW is bringing several of their overseas product lines from last year to the US this year. For example, the "U by Kotex" line of products was available in Australia for a year before it was released in the US, and the Huggies "Jean Diapers" were available in Southeast Asia before they were released in the US. I'm actually a bit surprised that we haven't seen other overseas products from KCWW make it to the US yet, such as the return of gender-specific Huggies or Huggies convertibles, which are both available in Australia. If the "jean diapers" sell really well, then I'm sure KCWW will probably make them a regular part of their product line. In general, if a limited edition item sells ridiculously well, a company will reissue it as a non-limited edition item. Examples of this range from collectible toys to Taco Bell's "Crunch-wrap" food line.

That is one reason why I have always been confused by diaper manufacturers continually making their products more "underwear like". Cloth covers, stretchy sides, thinner padding, etc. Shouldn't a diaper feel like a diaper? As opposed to any other form of clothing.

Darkfinn, the "underwear like" diapers were actually the result of a few events in the late '80s and early '90s. The first was the release of Huggies Pull-Ups in 1989> Basically, KCWW designed and marketed "training pants without the mess/disposable training pants." Naturally, parents loved the idea of being able to potty train their child without having to wash pee/poop-soaked training pants, and Pull-Ups were an overnight success commercially. Unfortunately, daycare centers and parents had different definitions of what "training pants" were: Parents insisted that Pull-Ups were not diapers and that they were, as KCWW marketed them so well, "disposable training pants," and that they should be no different than any other form of training pants. Daycare centers disagreed, called Pull-Ups "glorified diapers," and wound up angering more than their fair share of Moms. Ultimately, the smart Daycare centers began noting that they "accepted" disposable training pants, and this wound up becoming a deal-breaker for the daycare centers that didn't; parents would just send their children to the ones that did. Eventually the daycare centers that didn't take children in Pull-Ups just rewrote their requirements to read that the child who would be attending had to be potty trained. KCWW knew that this was a point of controversy though, and that Pull-Ups had to be less "diaper-like" in design.

The second major event that lead to "underwear-like" diapers also occurred in the early-90s. Basically, a study was done that had shown that disposable diapers weren't breaking down in landfills at that time. (Modern landfills use a "dry-entombment process, and nothing breaks down in them, even the bio-degradable stuff.) The landfills in question were both newer ones--similar to those in use today, and older ones--built in the 1970s and possibly earlier. The diaper industry was already under attack from environmentalists for deforestation/logging, and they didn't need anymore bad publicity about diapers that were outlasting their contents. Fearing regulation, the disposable diaper industry decided to clean up its act. As could be expected, parents wanted to have things both ways: they wanted to use "clean/sanitary" disposable diapers, but they also wanted the diapers to be more environmentally friendly. Remember, recycling programs were still in their infancy, and there was still doubt as to whether they'd even catch on. Furthermore, the idea of composting a diaper was alien, and recycling one was completely unthinkable and unfeasible. Diaper companies focused on how to make their current diapers more landfill-friendly.

To make their diapers more landfill friendly, KCWW and P&G both focused on removing padding. If it wasn't need, it would be removed. Unisex diapers came back into style because they required less padding (today this is a nonissue, which is why countries like Australia still use them,) and subsequently less material. Stretchy-sides, while primitive by today's standards also required less material. One point of controversy was the "gel" style SAP that's used today--remember it had to be completely redesigned, and modern SAP will actually decompose under the right circumstances. P&G tried to reduce their use of non-biodegradable SAP, hoping to eliminate it down the road. KCWW took a different route and began using new SAP that was more eco-friendly and is probably very similar if not identical to what's in use today. In the mid-90s, KCWW introduced their redesigned diapers, which included the cloth-like cover (an attempt to appease parents who didn't like the crinkling plastic of other diapers on the market,) and velcro-style fasteners, which were also to appease parents who thought that tape on diapers was "too sharp." Make no mistake, these diapers were still disposable diapers intended for a landfill, but they were intended to actually break down in the aforementioned landfill.

What's interesting to note is that P&G held out on the changes until it became obvious that they were losing customers to KCWW. In fact, Luvs (like Pampers, made by P&G) were the last disposable baby diapers to get cloth-like covers. Similarly, KCWW has put out a "natural" diaper, which is theoretically biodegradable, while P&G has dismissed any need to change the material that their diapers are made out of. Should they lose customers to KCWW, you can bet that they'll change their attitude again. I call the Huggies Pure & Natural line "theoretically" biodegradable, because as I noted before, modern landfills don't allow for anything to decompose. However, if you live in a place like Canada, which composts diapers, or an area that's testing diaper recycling, then the Huggies Pure & Natural diapers are definitely a "greener" choice than their traditional offerings. Again, I fully expect that P&G will release something similar if their sales slip.

The third major event was the economic recession of the late-80s and early-90s; diaper manufacturers needed to make less expensive diapers, and reducing materials used (making the diaper more landfill-friendly) also reduced the amount of spending KCWW and P&G had to do in order to produce a diaper.

It's worth noting that in 2010, cloth diapers are no less (and are possibly more) eco-friendly than cloth diapers. While disposable diapers usually wind up in a landfill, (see previous comment about areas that compost and/or recycle diapers,) cloth diapers require just as much, if not more energy because they must be washed and dried. Water has to be sent to your washing machine, heated, and then decontaminated at a sewage treatment plant, while the clothes dryer that's used to dry cloth diapers may run on electricity from a coal-burning power plant. In the event that you have an electric washer and dryer, and your energy comes from a coal-burning power plant, cleaning cloth diapers will actually be less eco-friendly than using disposable ones, hence my previous statement that disposable diapers may actually be more eco-friendly than cloth in some situations, and just as eco-friendly in others.

Of course we must also consider that diaper manufacturers secretly strive to keep kids in diapers as long as possible, thus maximizing their profits from each individual consumer. It certainly wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint to try and rush your customer away from your product as rapidly as possible.
This is admittedly true. I admittedly can't figure out why KCWW hasn't cranked out a Size 7 for Huggies, a Size 6 for their Pure & Natural line, or come up with a Goodnites-like product for daytime use for incontinent children. I also can't figure out why they haven't released slightly larger Goodnites aimed at young adult bedwetters, who have no problem purchasing Goodnites because they don't carry the stigma of Depends; such a product would also work well with obese teens. The Pure & Natural line is clearly an attempt to keep parents from switching to other brands of natural diapers, and I'm admittedly surprised that diaper manufacturers don't lobby for diaper composting in the US or diaper recycling programs, which would likely persuade potentially hesitant parents to take their time with potty training, and in turn, purchase more diapers.

I just love that they are taking pre-orders for diapers now. lol

You know DailyDi, I actually remember when the concept of pre-ordering, or paying for an item in advance, was a relatively new idea for consumers. Back when Funcoland/Babbages were still separate from other video game stores, I remember heading to my local Funcoland, which specialized in what was once a rarity--used video games, picking up a few cartridges for my NES, and actually having the employees explain the concept of a pre-order. I also remember that when pre-orders were new, you had to put $10.00 dollars or so down on an item to show that you were actually serious about buying it. I remember the first time that I pre-ordered an actual video game system as well, and I remember that there were about five other people in line to do the same thing. Today, I'm not sure Funcoland is even in business anymore, lines to pre-order game consoles are like lines to a new Star Wars movie--complete with people camping out in the rain to be the first ones through the door to place pre-orders, and no money down is required. Furthermore, as you pointed out, pre-orders have extended beyond video games, and beyond even electronics, I can now pre-order diapers, clothing, toys/models, and just about anything in existence. I feel like most of my need to go out an buy anything has effectively been replaced by going online and pre-ordering it instead. If you told me when I pre-ordered a couple of games in the mid-90s that I'd be able to pre-order everything from diapers to cars one day, I'd probably have thought that you were nuts. I'd be curious to know just how many people actually pre-order diapers, and I'd be curious to know if they also have one of those refrigerators that you can order food from, which is admittedly where I've drawn the line, at least for the time being. (The day I start buying groceries from my kitchen is the day I need to start spending more time with humans and less time with machines.)

Just wait for the iPeed. Converts heat from your excrement into energy to charge your electronic devices.

Darkfinn, thank you for the laugh; I needed that; this is certainly "quote of the month" worthy. Just don't leave the prototype with the babysitter. ;)

Finally, if the study that was mentioned above about diapers that look like underwear causing children to believe it's all right to soil there clothes is the one that I'm thinking of, it's been disproven multiple times. It was actually done in the '80s shortly after Pull-Ups came out, (see my comments about parents and daycare centers not agreeing on what training pants were/are,) got a lot of attention for about a month, and then got virtually no attention whatsoever. Basically further studies were done which showed that as long as parents used Pull-Ups or other disposable training pants as training pants, and not as diapers, children wouldn't treat them as diapers. Basically, what was happening was that parents were purchasing Pull-Ups and using them as diapers. What the additional studies found was that if parents used Pull-Ups or a similar product, told their child that it wasn't a diaper, told their child that they weren't supposed to wet/soil it, and didn't refer to Pull-Ups as diapers, the children would treat Pull-Ups as training pants rather than diapers. However, parents who didn't really make a distinction between training pants and diapers, and/or who used Pull-Ups as diapers, basically wound up teaching their children that there was no difference between training pants and diapers. Children would then make a further connection that there was on difference between diapers and underwear. The first study was essentially wrong, it wasn't the fact that Pull-Ups looked like diapers that was causing kids to treat them like diapers, but rather the fact that parents were treating Pull-Ups like diapers, and in turn, teaching their children that diapers, training pants, and their "big kid" clothing were all the same thing. I know we refer to things like Pull-Ups and Easy-Ups as "diapers" here, but we're all adults over the age of 18.

• Like 1

I realize that these probably aren't available anywhere yet, but I had a couple more questions about them that hopefully someone will be able to answer:

1. I realize that these are available "for a limited time," but does anyone have any idea just how "limited" the limited time is? I do want to purchase a couple packages of these, but I really don't want to purchase them online if I don't have to. (It's less expensive for me to purchase these in a store and avoid shipping fees.)

2. If these are available now, what stores have you seen them in? If they won't be available until next month, I'd like to know so that I'm not out hunting for a product that isn't on the market yet. I know that websites have them available for pre-order, but I don't know if the release date for stores will be different than that for web orders. Again, any information is appreciated.

Finally, I did some more research on these, and as far as I can tell, only sizes 3-5 of the "Little Movers" line will be available in the "Jean" style in the USA. If someone has evidence that they're coming out in Size 6 as well, please provide a link. :) Also, it appears that other countries have had these before, in the following order:

2008: Isreal

2009: Singapore and Australia (possibly S. Korea as well)

I'm guessing that 2010 will be the US and probably Canada or Canada and the UK, and that these will only become a "regular" item if they sell ridiculously well. Then again, I also read on Reuters that KCWW plans on changing the Little Movers line to compete with P&G's new Pampers Dry-Max diapers, although I wonder if they'll go through with that change given the level of negative feedback that the Dry-Max line seems to be getting from parents.

EDIT: Oh and Wetnmessy247, why does that idea actually sound like a product I could see a company trying to market, only to have it tank miserably? I remember a few years ago there were these things put out called "Manties," which were essentially, well panties for dudes, marketed to straight non-crossdressing dudes. As I'm sure you can imagine, people had a laugh at them, purchased them for about a month to see what the fuss was about, and then seemed to forget that they existed. :P Let's not give R&D employees who aren't entirely there any crazy ideas now. As for diapers that look like Jeans, well I guess they could solve the problem of kids who won't wear pants. :) (Seriously, it'd explain why these are only in sizes 3-5.)

• 3 weeks later...

Was watching the "Early Show" today. They had a actress on there with twins. Her girls had them on. She said that they will be limited availability in stores beginning in June Through July. So Not much more of a wait and they will probably start to show up at your regular department stores.

Guest littlesissy

Was watching the "Early Show" today. They had a actress on there with twins. Her girls had them on. She said that they will be limited availability in stores beginning in June Through July. So Not much more of a wait and they will probably start to show up at your regular department stores.

Our local walmart has a whole endcap full of them.

I just bought two packages of these in size 5. A few things to note:

- These are NOT available in sizes N, 1, 2, or 6; they are only available in sizes 3-5.

- These are NOT available in a "mega" sized package. However, these are available in the "big pack" box packaging, as well as the "jumbo" size. I'm not sure what the SRP for the "big pack" is, but the "jumbo" sized package retails for $10.99 per bag, as always, the quantity varies by the size of the diapers themselves. (There are 21 diapers in the size 5 "jumbo" package.)

- The Huggies Little Movers "Limited Edition Jeans" are available from K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and Target--if you know of other retailers offering them, please feel free to mention them. NOTE: If diapers are exempt from sales tax in your state as they are in mine, do not purchase these from Wal-Mart; as I've mentioned before, Wal-Mart (illegally, to the best of my knowledge,) collects sales tax on diapers.

- It's also worth noting that Wal-Mart and Target carry the "big pack" boxes while K-Mart carries the "jumbo" sized bags. If Wal-Mart and Target carry the "jumbo" sized bags, I didn't see any when I was there. Likewise, if K-Mart carries the "big pack" boxes, I didn't see any while I was there. Regardless of packaging, these seem to be located on an endcap in all three stores.

Overall, these are definitely unique and cute; it's a shame that they're a limited edition item. My advice: If you're even remotely thinking about purchasing these, you should do so, you can get two size 5 "jumbo" packages at $21.98, one to open and have fun with, and one to keep sealed and appreciate in value, as I'm sure these will be worth something given their limited edition status. If two "jumbo" packages aren't enough, you can grab a third "jumbo" package bringing your total to $32.96. I personally recommend size 5 due to the lack of availability in size 6, but your milage may vary. As for what size packaging you should purchase, if you have the space and money, the "big pack" box may be easier to store and slightly more economical than the "jumbo" sized bags; I still recommend purchasing two packages--one to open and one to keep sealed so that it can appreciate in value and be sold/traded/given away at a later date. If you don't have a lot of storage space or money, the jumbo sized bags are still a great deal, at $10.99 per bag. As I noted above, for $21.98 you can grab two jumbo sized bags, each with 21 diapers. Finally, if you have a diaper collection, (e.g. a collection of sealed/unopened diapers,) these should definitely be in it.

EDIT: Di, check your allaboutdiapers@hotmail.com e-mail when you get the chance, I sent you a photo that I took of these for use on DailyDiapers.

Guest little_jonny

i was shopping aorund my meijers buying some stuff for work and i saw them near the pharmacy section.. wonder how well there gonna sale... i can see my sister wanting to buy them for her son.. hes about 7-8 months old now

i was shopping aorund my meijers buying some stuff for work and i saw them near the pharmacy section.. wonder how well there gonna sale... i can see my sister wanting to buy them for her son.. hes about 7-8 months old now

I have nappies that look like Jeans, or is it Jeans nappies that look like mine..Hmm, anyways I know we use the same brand because we get them delivered from the same place

Kimberly Clarke used to manufacture this product in all its range, but have removed it from the larger ranges. Its release tends to increase the product sales for more of a novelty item rather than anything else, so Kimberly Clarke will continue to manufacture it.

A good point, but remember Kimberly Clarkes primary objective is to sell their product. Anything that keeps children in diapers longer is in their interest. Is this the real reason behind slim-fit, cloth cover diapers?

• Like 2