LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has Anyone Seen The New Goodnites In The L/Xl Size Yet?

of which ones? the boys or the girls?

I'd like a girl's review...

But it's true. Either is fine.

HOWEVER. Try a side by side comparison with the 2009. That'd be really helpful. And make sure you use the same gender for your experiments.

-Sophie

There are two different designs in the package and the sides are colored as well. The copyright indication on the back side says 2009, not 2010.

The two designs is new to the "2010" release, as are the colored sides. From what I understand, the material appears to be thinner, but is just as strong as what was used before, unlike the material used on UnderJams which tears if a hangnail touches it. I also believe that these are less noisy than the 2009 designs, but then again, those weren't very noisy in the first place.

As for the Copyright date, it reads "2009" because that's when KCWW began developing these GoodNites; the "2011 GoodNites" will carry a copyright date of "2010." This is common on virtually all products, and not just diapers. The "2009" designs have a "2008" copyright date, the "2007" designs have one from "2006," and so on. Before diaper manufacturers realized that they could change their products every year, the copyright date stayed the same for several years at a time. For GoodNites, I believe the yearly copyright updates started in 2004 where the packaging and prints were updated yearly. However, if you want to know when a package of diapers was released, the best place to start is to find the copyright date and add one year to it; if it says 1999, it probably came out in 2000, if it says 2000, it came out in 2001, and so on. :)

I'd like a girl's review...

But it's true. Either is fine.

HOWEVER. Try a side by side comparison with the 2009. That'd be really helpful. And make sure you use the same gender for your experiments.

-Sophie

Sophie, when I do get to my review, I'll be reviewing both the designs for Boys and for Girls, and I'll be comparing them to the 2009 designs; again, it may be awhile before I get the chance to sit down and write a review, but when I do, it'll go with my "old" review in the reviews section. I'm looking forward to reviewing these in the not-to-distant future.

Sophie, when I do get to my review, I'll be reviewing both the designs for Boys and for Girls, and I'll be comparing them to the 2009 designs; again, it may be awhile before I get the chance to sit down and write a review, but when I do, it'll go with my "old" review in the reviews section. I'm looking forward to reviewing these in the not-to-distant future.

My hero. ^_^

-Sophie

Hm. Well I bought the girls' L size, wore them (good fit. A bit loose). Used them:

They are very, very comfy. Much softer than previous generations. That's the good part.

However, the absorbency has not improved at all. So sad.

Either way, probably what most folks expected.

In no way a full review, but... They are definitely softer. The sides are a new material, much like that of UnderJams, but stronger. But not TOO much stronger, as I was able to accidentally put my finger through it when stretched tight.

• Like 1

They are definitely softer. The sides are a new material, much like that of UnderJams, but stronger. But not TOO much stronger, as I was able to accidentally put my finger through it when stretched tight.

Meggy R, I have a couple of questions for you about your experience with the new GoodNites:

1. Are the sides "weaker" than the sides on the old GoodNites, "stronger," or "about the same strength" overall? Would you have been able to accidentally put your finger through the old sides when stretched tight?

2. Are the new GoodNites quieter in your experience, or about the same as previous versions of GoodNites? Are they quieter than UnderJams?

I knew before I even had a package of these in-hand that they were going to have new/different side panels, so I'm curious to hear what others think of them. From what I understand, the "improvements" that were made to the 2010 GoodNites were made to compete directly with UnderJams, hence the new side panels and softer materials. From what I understand, the improvements that were made addressed didn't address absorbency so much as they addressed loudness and comfort, as well as aesthetics.

Finally, I should point out that while I do have some 2010 GoodNites, I've yet to have the chance to wear them yet. It might seem odd, but when I wear a "new" diaper for the first time, I like to savor the experience, and that's admittedly hard to do when I'm not alone or with my girlfriend, and won't have any time to just relax with my new diapers. Hopefully I'll have some time alone soon and will be able to enjoy my new GoodNites then. For now though, I'm admittedly waiting until I get some time alone.

I'll answer if you don't mind. I have an older pack and managed to compare side by side. :)

The sides are about the same strength as previous, but much much softer. You are correct in your assessment that they seem to be gravitating to an underjams like model. I think, though, that they are more comfortable than underjams.

They are also MUCH quieter. No rustle at all when I was wearing.

All in all I like their feel, but they're quite impractical for actual use, as both products really are. It's a perk that they're quite the comfy stuffer, though.

Guest little_jonny

i agree. the previous ones i would wet about once or twice and they would leak. the new ones i;m able to wet about 3 or 4 times with out leaking. im sure they can do a little more improvements to make them absorb more

Guest little_jonny

i agree. the previous ones i would wet about once or twice and they would leak. the new ones i;m able to wet about 3 or 4 times with out leaking. im sure they can do a little more improvements to make them absorb more

Just a quick update everyone: I just got back from grocery shopping, and as usual I decided to take a quick walk down the diaper aisle. Much to my surprise and delight, my local grocery store now has the new GoodNites "for boys" in the L/XL size, as well as the S/M size. Naturally, I purchased a couple packages of the new L/XL GoodNites for boys to go with my packages of the new GoodNites for Girls, and am hoping to have the chance to compare them side-by-side with the 2009 style, and to write a review before the month is through. When it's ready, the review will be posted in the DD "Reviews" section. Again, I just wanted to let everyone know that these are finally starting to hit shelves.

I still haven't seen the l/xl in the store like others, but I did come across this free sample which would appear that it would give the bigger size.

TheoW, see above; apparently the new L/XL GoodNites are starting to make their way into stores. One of my local supermarkets had them, but another one didn't, so it's clear that the new L/XL GoodNites are still being "rolled out" for lack of a better term. (On a side-note, the other supermarket had Tena-brand adult diapers in addition to the standard Depend brand products, and I might have considered purchasing a package of the aforementioned Tena diapers if I hadn't just purchased two bags of GoodNites no less than half an hour earlier. Since GoodNites not only fit me, but actually work for me, I couldn't justify purchasing another type of diaper after purchasing my GoodNites.)

Guest little_jonny

i wore one when i got off work and was walking through the park, riding coasters, a few water rides (didn't soak up much) and i wet about 4-5 times and didn't leak. i weigh about 180 and im surprised they dont leak like they use to when i would wet about twice

• 4 months later...

Hey so I thought I would post some pictures of the new goodnites that really show them off.

5185755730_f2342ff96e.jpg

So I thought I would play around with the composition of the photo angel

5185167867_33a2ba9345.jpg

Did you like this affect or would of liked to seen original color

5185755672_ba8f86dabe.jpg

Decided to do the same thing here

5185153505_426fa32346.jpg

Have to say that the sided no longer cut into your hips or errata me they are MUCH softer now

5185161721_ae8cff7931.jpg

Gotta love that Macro Setting on your Camera

Nice photos iCrinkle2. :) As I mentioned in your thread, the only thing that irks me is the placement of the watermark on your work, but the actual photos are excellent. (See the other thread for my comments on the watermark.)

Baby Sophie, I've written my follow-up review and submitted it to DD's review section, but it hasn't been published yet. I'm hoping it'll be in the next batch of updates. I know that there seems to be a lag between when something is submitted, and when it's actually reviewed and published.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I actually like these better then last years GoodNites in terms of functionality. I think that the ninja designs for boys are the best thus far, although the race cars are probably #2 in my book. I'm not happy with the girls' designs this time though, because they all seem to be rehashes of previous themes, (only the bikes are a rehash for the boys designs,) but that's a really minor complaint that I can overlook. The new sides are excellent, and KCWW seems to really have taken take the few things that I liked about UnderJams and worked them into GoodNites. (P&G probably isn't as happy as I am about that. :P) These are by far the most comfortable diapers that I've ever worn, I just wish that KCWW hadn't discontinued the Mega sized packages of their products. The jumbo size isn't economical, and the "big pack" is too big for me to easily hide. If KCWW hasn't discontinued the Mega packaging, I'd like to know why I can't find any Huggies diapers, Pull-Ups, or GoodNites in that size packaging anymore.

January 2011 Update: My review for the "new" GoodNites has been added to the reviews section. Hopefully this year will only see a minor revision to the prints (if any,) rather then another product redesign. As long as only the prints/graphics change, my follow-up review should remain the same though. I just figured I'd let those who were waiting for it know it was written.

Edited by Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover