LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has Anyone Seen The New Goodnites In The L/Xl Size Yet?

i love the new style girls L/XL goodnights the sides are softer and dont stretch out like the old ones even after being in it for 18 +hours. its nice as i had to wear girls size 14 underwear as when they got wet they would fall off of me and didnt know and would wet my outer pants they are more like an under jam improvement but will see how odor control and how absorbant they are + i would get a rash if worn more than 3 days in a row with the old style and had 2 change more as they wouldnt stay on my hips please note i change every 4-6 hours 24/7 and luv n it wet diapers and goodnights rock my boat

Guest little_jonny

i will be the one to bring the GOOD news.. i went to wal-mart today for a eye exam (went ok but still gotta wear them) but i thought i would be brave and buy a pack of goodnites and two shirts to hide them in so my dad wouldnt see them in the bag. i went into work early so i could ride a few rides before my shift. I went into the family restroom an tried one on. I was surprised of how they fit with how much i weigh. ( weigh about 189 now and still trying to lose more weight) but any who. i have had bad experince with goodnites in the past. they would leak when i first wet them or the second time. these ones hold up pretty well. I'm thinking if i can get down to about 175 pounds, they should fit much better.

Amazing that in all my years I've never seen a diaper company make an "improvement" that actually improves anything. Every time a manufacturer goes to a new generation of product it gets a little bit worse.

You'd think someone in product development would learn... if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Amazing that in all my years I've never seen a diaper company make an "improvement" that actually improves anything. Every time a manufacturer goes to a new generation of product it gets a little bit worse.

You'd think someone in product development would learn... if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Disagree.

I have tried three kinds of Goodnites in my day, and I am completely certain that the 2009 version are better than any other. I have no experience with the 2010s... but I'm really hoping everyone's wrong about them. :(

-Sophie

I would like to try goodnights[ neverhave ]how well do they really fit? im about 172 pounds 34 to 36 inch waist :thumbsup:

You're JUST smaller than me, and they fit me VERY well. Get a pack now before the 2010s come out because apparently the 2009s are better. But just slip them on slowly. Once they're on you should be fine.

But they are VERY cute and fit very well for a child's pull-up. Also, don't expect Abena protection... they are pull-ups and subsequently do not hold a ton.

-Sophie

As promised, 2009s were purchased.

Firstly, let me say, that they fit AMAZINGLY. Even back when I first started wearing them (maybe four or five years ago) they didn't fit me this well. And I have probably grown. And I got a bigggg butt! They're a tight fit getting on, but once they're in place they're very comfortable and actually cover my whole butt. I was stunned.

(for the record, i'm about 5'9, 175 pounds, 36" waist)

Would now be a good time to say that "I told you so." :P Seriously though, I figured you'd like the 2009 style to date, and the prints are also some of my favorites as noted in my previous post. I'm actually 6' "on the nose," so to speak; according to my bathroom scale, I'm 150 pounds, and don't quote me on this, but I believe my waist size is 36" as well, and the 2009 Goodnites are remarkably comfortable on me. I'm glad that you like them though. :)

....The designs are ADORABLE. The heart ones are precious. I'm sad that they won't have those ones anymore, even though the butterfly design got a lot better.

But I'm actually upset with the new look... the 2009 look like actual pull-ups and the new ones look like underwear (because of the tinted fabric and the all around colored waistband). I prefer the pull-up look... :(

Woah, woah, woah; you managed to find the heart designs in the L/XL size? Are you sure that you didn't wind up with a package of the 2010 L/XL Goodnites? The 2009 ones only had one style to a package, and every L/XL package that I saw had the "fushia butterfly" design on it. I'm wondering if you got one of those "fluke" packages (e.g. 2010 Goodnites in a 2009 bag;) pictures would be appreciated.

From their introduction to 2009, Goodnites were referred to as "underpants;" the "Pull-Ups" name was dropped from them in 2007, and this year the term "underpants" has been dropped in favor of the term "underwear," specifically because of the improvements to make the new Goodnites look like "real" underwear. If you were a bedwetting kid/teenager, you'd probably welcome the changes, especially if you didn't like diapers, so I can't really consider this change a "bad" thing.

Can somebody post some pictures of the new goodnites please?

Thank you in advance

Yes; I've taken pictures of the packaging for the new Goodnites, (more on that at the bottom of this post,) but it's going to be a while before I can post them though. To make a long story short one of my computers is acting up and I need access to it before I can post any photos.

Apparently, the new Goodnites suck.

At least KCWW is concerned about whether or not customer services has replied to these people, and appears to be taking their concerns seriously. The same cannot be said about P&G, which has shrugged off concerns about the new Pampers Dry-Max potentially causing chemical burns, and is shocked, SHOCKED that the sides on their UnderJams brand are tearing quickly and subsequently leaking, even though this problem has been reported since the product was first introduced.

Also, four consumers reporting directly to KCWW shouldn't be seen as a significant cause for concern. The people having problems may have children with an usual body type that could be causing the problem. I'd worry more if there were 20+ complaints a day the way there are about P&G's new Pamper's Dry-Max than I would about four complaints across the space of a month. No matter what changes are made to a product like diapers, even if the changes are an improvement for 90-95% of consumers, 5-10% will have a problem because of an obscure body type. Furthermore, consumers generally don't write on company message boards when a product is working the way that it should be, they write on company message boards when they're having a problem. Four isolated incidents do not constitute a product "sucking;" 20+ incidents a day followed by a lawsuit constitute a product "sucking;" KCWW is in the former category with Goodnites, while P&G is in the latter category with Pampers Dry-Max. Also, if the new Goodnites had been silently recalled (see my previous posts,) then it's possible that a few areas still managed to get "bad" batches of Goodnites, and these four people happen to live in them; if this is the case, the sooner current stock is depleted, the sooner stock without a problem will be available. From what I can tell, problems with the new Goodnites leaking are no different than they are every year; there are always a few people who have problems whenever a change is made, even if the change benefits most consumers, and this is true of almost every product, not just Goodnites or even diapers in general.

If I figure out pictures, I'd be posting so many........ lol

Why not ask Di for help, Baby Sophie; I'm sure he could tell you how to post pictures, and I believe there might be a guide on how to do it in the tech support forum.

FINALLY, BIG NEWS: I PICKED UP TWO PACKAGES OF THE 2010 L/XL GOODNITES UNDERWEAR FOR GIRLS TODAY! Okay, I said that I'd keep everyone updated, and I meant it. I was out shopping last night and decided to head to my local Wal-Mart. There were no 2010 L/XL "Goodnites Underwear" for boys on shelves, but it looked like the store had just stocked the shelves with the 2010 L/XL "Goodnites Underwear" for girls shortly before I arrived, so I grabbed two mega sized packages at $14.47 a piece.

The new Mega-sized packages have the exact same 21-count as the old Mega-sized packages. The same "girl under pink sheets" is on the package as before, but that's really where the similarities, outside of the weight range and logo placement end. The word "Underpants" has been replaced with the word "Underwear." About a third of the way down the package is a curving yellow "bar" with the words "new" on the left side, and "underwear-like look and feel" on the right side. Centered between the text is an image of one of the Goodnites; it has the newest butterfly-themed design on it. (For those keeping count, this is the fourth time a butterfly-themed print has been used.) The area below the image on the left-hand side is light-orange and features the size (L/XL) and weight range; the right-hand side is "dark orange," and has an "underwear symbol" with the number "21" inside of it; it's a little different than the symbol on the old packaging.

The right-hand side of the package has the UPC code, which reads as follows: 0 36000 21807 7

The back of the package reads "Trusted Nighttime Protection!" across the top. Underneath it are two large images of the new Goodnites; on the left-hand side is a "heart & butterflies" design, which has a bit of a '60s look to it, and on the right-hand side is another new "butterfly" design. Underneath the two images from left to right, are the phrases "New! Softer Feel," "New! Improved Fit," and "New! Quieter Materials. Underneath that, the package is once again divided into "halves;" the left-hand side reads "Did You Know?" in a large font, followed by the words "bedwetting is common, 5-7 million kids wet the bed." That's it though, no "your child will outgrow it," and no other wording. On the right-hand side of the package is an "advertisement" for the Goodnites website.

The left-hand side of the package looks like a simplified/refined version of the design used last year, the boxes and information has been "shrunken" slightly, but other than a minor aesthetic change, it appears to be the same.

The top of the package mimics the front. Of note though is the fact that the text is "backwards," that is, if you look at the package from the front, and then look at the top, the text is upside down, if you look at the back of the package, and then look at the top, the text is facing the proper direction. In the past, the text on the top of the package faced the front, although the new design actually makes more sense, considering that it's redundant if you can read what's on the front of the package, but if you're looking at the back, it's a lot easier to glance at the top, which now faces that direction.

The bottom of the package is nothing special, just the "Goodnites Underwear" logo, and a "boxtops for education" thing to cut out for use with participating schools.

As for the Goodnites themselves, I admittedly have not had the chance to wear them yet, but I'm hoping to do so soon. I should also point out that when I wear them, I fully intend to soak them to see if they leak or not. (Granted, I'll be standing in a bathtub when I do this so that if the Goodnites leak, it'll be easy to clean up the mess.) Expect a "full review" once I also get my hands on the new "Goodnites Underwear" for boys as soon as it's available in my area; said review will be submitted to the DD "reviews" section when it's ready. Pictures of the packaging will be added as soon as I have the chance to do so, but that may be awhile as a result of the aforementioned computer problems. As always, I will continue to update this thread with any new/relevant information.

Finally, as far as I know, I'm the first person here to stumble upon the new L/XL "Goodnites Underwear," so we can supposedly say that the first L/xL package of "Goodnites Underwear" (for girls) was spotted on 06/04/2010, the first S/M package of Goodnites Underwear for Girls was spotted in April 2010, and the first S/M package of Goodnites Underwear for boys was spotted in March 2010. Let's hope that we don't have to wait until July to get our hands on the new L/XL packaging for boys. :)

Guest little_jonny

woot! your welcome :) they are a little tight on me but still work well. wish they were a little more absorbent and strecht out more on the sides.. and sorry i dont have the bag for them. i threw it away

Firstly, a correction to a previous post...

I said the heart designs were adorable based on what I saw on the package, but there weren't any in the bag. That upset me...

And secondly, in newer news, I found L/XL 2010 Goodnites at Target. But I didn't have money to buy them.

-Sophie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I found the new Girls Goodnites L/XL size tonight at Wal Mart . I tried Target first but they only had the new ones in S/M size. I can't give a good review, as I have not used one in all ways as of yet. My first impression was not real favorable, but that may change. The sides are much thinner material than the previous ones ( closer to the type UnderJams uses ) and I'm not sure I like that aspect at all. But, I am wearing one now and it seems pretty durable even if thinner ( so far ) . There are two different designs in the package and the sides are colored as well. The copyright indication on the back side says 2009, not 2010. More of a review will have to wait till I give them a proper test, but I wanted to let you all know that they Are arriving in stores finally. I will try to attach some photos of them for reference.

Regards, Laurie post-21349-027151100 1276661768_thumb.jp

post-21349-027151100 1276661768_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I can't seem to get the multiple file attachment trick to work, so I will post a few more replys with photos. Or, maybe I wont, as my photos are too big it tells me. If you want to see them, I have lots of them, so PM me or whatever.

Regards, Laurie