LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has Anyone Seen The New Goodnites In The L/Xl Size Yet?

Okay, I'd say that this constitutes a specific (rather than general) question/series of questions, hence the new thread. Mods/Admins can merge this with the "general" thread if they feel it belongs there. :)

Anyway, I have a few questions about the new Goodnites, specifically:

1. Has anyone seen the new Goodnites in the L/XL size yet? The last time I checked for them, I only saw the S/M size, and only for boys at that.

2. If you have or have seen the new L/XL size Goodnites for Boys and Girls, could you please take/post a picture of the packaging and/or describe what it looks like?

3. If you've bought the new Goodnites in the L/XL size, could you please post a picture of the diaper itself; I want to actually see what these look like. I keep hearing about them, but the L/XL size hasn't made it into my area yet, although I'm going for groceries soon so maybe I'll find them when I do.

Any help at all would be appreciated, and a comparison review of the 2009 and 2010 design/style would be awesome if anyone felt like doing one. Again, I'm interested in the L/XL size. Thank you all in advance for your time. :)

I don't know what your talking about then....The only new ones I know of are the Boxer ones. Have they really changed? Someone needs to update me too then...

Yes, they have changed, but the new designs aren't available in all areas yet, and it appears that they might not be available in both sizes yet. Do a quick search for "New Goodnites Designs," and look for anything from 2010; there's some comments over at ADISC, as well as on the official Goodnites message boards. As usual, The Goodnites website still shows the old 2009 designs. Here's a timeline of what we know about the new designs so far:

- January 2010: The first mention of them was on the Goodnites Wikipedia "Talk" page; head on over there to see the post about their existence that was made in January from a person who claims to be (and who I now believe to be) a Kimberly-Clark employee.

- March 2010: The new "2010" Goodnites for Boys debut in the S/M size.

- April 2010: The new "2010" Goodnites for Girls debut in the S/M size.

I literally saw one package of the new design for Girls at a local Wal-Mart, but didn't think to look more closely at it because it was in the S/M size.

The packaging differences are very noticeable, here's what to look for:

1. The "best protection" oval is gone. I think that the design that replaced it says something like "With improved side panels" or something similar.

2. The word "UNDERPANTS" (see Depends1578's photo of the front of the package) has been changed to "UNDERWEAR." This is a key difference, and it's the first time Goodnites are being called Underwear rather than Underpants. Since this is in big block lettering directly below the Goodnites logo, it's probably the easiest way to tell if you're looking at the new packaging.

3. The entire bottom half of the back of the packaging (light blue on the current Boys' version, again see Depends1578's photos,) is yellow on both the Boys and the Girls versions. It's actually the same yellow that's used on the old "Goodnites.com" oval. There's information about the new designs in the yellow section of the packaging.

I've now seen these at one local chain-supermarket and two Wal-Marts. I guess that the new L/XL size Goodnites haven't made it to my area yet. I'll try to answer any other questions that I can.

Dose anyone know what the girl's look like? If so could you please decribe it or post a picture, Thanks.

the newer ones have abit of sligh yellow on the top of the package and for the boys they are dolphines of the sort ! havent spoted bigger ones then the sm ones yet nor anything on the girl ones

Dose anyone know what the girl's look like? If so could you please decribe it or post a picture, Thanks.

JS1989, I saw an S/M "Mega" size pack at Wal-Mart for girls, but being an idiot, I didn't examine it in detail. More on that in a bit though. :)

the newer ones have abit of sligh yellow on the top of the package and for the boys they are dolphines of the sort ! havent spoted bigger ones then the sm ones yet nor anything on the girl ones

2low, "a bit of sligh(t) yellow" is a total understatement. On the S/M size for both Boys and Girls, almost 50% of the back of the packaging is done up in yellow. I did manage to get a good look at the S/M size for Boys literally the day after my last post, and here's what I can tell everyone, at least about the S/M size:

The "Mega" pack retains its usual 27-count for the S/M size, so that's the first bit of good news; I haven't seen the "Jumbo" pack so I can't tell if they decreased the quantity again, kept it the same, or increased it back to where it was before last years update.

Second, if the graphics on the back of the package are accurate, one design for boys looks like another BMX bicycle print, and the other has some sort of aquatic (either a dolphin or whale) life on it. Unfortunately, I can't tell what it is for sure when looking at graphics the size of a postage stamp. (Sorry guys and gals.) The real question is, which design the "primary" one, or simply put, which design will be available on both the S/M and L/XL size Goodnites? In the past couple of years, there's been a "primary" design that's available on both the S/M and L/XL size Goodnites, and a "secondary" design that's only been on the S/M size. Now KCWW could change this (see below) and include two designs per package, similar to Pull-Ups and Underjams, but for now, I'm sticking to precedent until someone provides me with photos to the contrary or I get my hands on a bag of 2010 Goodnites. (There's something about the phrasing "2010 Goodnites" that makes me feel like I'm referring to car; go figure.)

Third, KCWW advertises the new "Goodnites Underwear" as being softer and quieter than previous designs. Pushing on a package of the new S/M sized Goodnites for boys feels like pushing against the packaging of the S/M Underjams for boys. In both cases, neither package really makes any noise, and both feel very similar in terms of softness, at least through the plastic packaging. When I picked up a pack of the "old" L/XL sized Goodnites and pushed against them, the difference was obvious. The "old" L/XL size crinkled in comparison to the new S/M Goodnites. It's pretty apparent that KCWW isn't going to let P&G gain any ground with Underjams. In fact, I'd say that any advantage P&G may have had with Pampers Underjams, they've lost with the release of the new Goodnites. Comparisons of the two products often noted that Underjams were quieter, softer, and had "better" (i.e. more minimalistic) designs, and apparently KCWW took notice. The new Goodnites are just as quiet, if not more quiet than Underjams, just as soft if not softer--at least through the packaging--and now have ultra-minimalist designs. In 2009, KCWW pretty much "updated" the Goodnites themselves the way that they usually do, which is by slapping new graphics on them. They also did the first major packaging update since 2004, most likely to compete with the packaging for Underjams.

Fourth, the new "Goodnites Underwear" comes in packaging that's been revised yet-again, although not as drastically as it was last year. From 2004-2008, a large portion of the right-hand side of the packaging depicted the prints that were on the Goodnites themselves. In 2009, the portion of the packaging that depicted the prints on the Goodnites was reduced to a square that was roughly 1x1" or 2x1", and far less prominent than on previous packages. The 2010 design has done away with the depiction of the graphics entirely, at least in the traditional sense. Smack in the middle of the packaging is a CGI image of a pair of Goodnites, much like the CGI renderings on the back of the old packages but about the size of a postage stamp. This little CGI rendering is where you can see what the current graphics look like now. Also similar to Underjams, the new packaging retains last year's addition of faces to the packaging, and packaging that resembles bedding. I'll go into more detail when I actually have a package of these on-hand and can review them.

Finally, it's worth noting that I've never seen a product roll-out for Goodnites move at such a glacial pace. The new S/M designs for boys were rolled out in March, the new S/M designs for girls were rolled out in April in my area. Unfortunately, the new L/XL designs for both Boys and Girls seem to be stuck in the same vortex that swallowed Duke Nukem Forever. I have my theories as to why the L/XL designs haven't hit shelves yet, which I'll outline below, but I'm quite surprised that it's taking this long to phase in the new Goodnites.

Anyway, here are my theories for what might be causing the delay:

1. The new L/XL sized Goodnites were "silently" recalled. This isn't uncommon for new products; occasionally a defect or potential problem is caught after the first batch of a product is rolled out of the factory. Production is stopped, the error is corrected, and production resumes. The company doesn't issue a "formal" recall because the item either hasn't reached shelves, or can easily be corrected. Silent recalls can affect any product, but they usually effect electronics more than anything else. Examples of products which were silently recalled include virtually every Playstation (one, 2, and 3) game console, the first generation XBox 360, Dell and IBM laptops, (quite possibly/probably others,) and the current generation of the iPod Touch. In the case of the latter, the device was rumored to have a camera, has a space for a camera, but does not actually contain a camera. The "silent recall" likely occurred before the product actually shipped. This could also be the case with the new L/XL Goodnites; hence the slow roll-out.

2. KCWW is waiting for stores to deplete their stock of the "old" Goodnites before rolling out the "new" ones. This is a simple case of supply exceeding demand, and could be the result of the recession, competition from Underjams, or a simple error in estimating supply and demand.

3. Stores could be waiting to deplete their current stock before ordering new stock. If this is the case, just asking a store employee if they'll stock the new Goodnites could get them into stores more quickly. Everyone on this board is an adult, and should be able to explain how their -insert younger relative here- wets the bed, and how you're always looking to try new products.

4. Even though Goodnites are Made in the U.S.A., there could be some hold up in KCWW's shipping chain. Maybe they're running low on something needed to make the Goodnites. For example, a few years back, there was a SAP shortage that caused production delays for diapers.

5. Similar to the above, maybe there's something at the factory that's held up the production of the new L/XL Goodnites. Maybe a machine broke, or KCWW is using new machinery that needed to be installed to produce the new softer/quieter Goodnites.

Again, those are just possibilities, but if I had to guess, I'd say that #2 and #3 are the most plausible scenarios for the roll out taking so long. I hope that the information I've provided here is useful. Also, it should go without saying, but when I get my hands on the new Goodnites, I'll review them. Heck, I'll probably write a new review for the reviews section and note that it's for the 2010 version of Goodnites.

Thanks Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover that was impressive

You're welcome, :) I'm glad that you appreciated the info. Anyway, here's a slight update for everyone. Last night I went to a 24-hour supermarket in the hopes of doing most of my grocery shopping. Unfortunately, they had about three aisles, include the ones with the diapers in them completely blocked off. Furthermore, certain sections of other aisles were also blocked off; I figured that they were probably resetting the shelves, and decided to call the trip a loss, and go back today. Well, I went back to day, and sure enough the shelves had been reset, although they were still being restocked. I got most of what I needed, paid, and then immediately drove to the next nearby supermarket to get the few things that were either on sale there or weren't available at the first one. I decided to make a trip down the diaper aisle there as well.

Anyway, here's what I can tell you:

Both stores had the new Goodnites for Boys and Girls in stock in the S/M size. I took a close look at the packaging for Goodnites for Girls, at least in the small/medium design, the new designs are as follows:

1. Flowers, or a flower-like design; these are different from the previous flower designs.

2. Heart-shaped Butterflies, which shouldn't be confused with the three other butterfly designs of the past.

Again, both of these were depicted on the packaging; I have no clue which design, if either (or both) will be used in the new L/XL packaging. Again, the packaging claims that these are softer than before, and features a really minimalist design. For example, there's one "large" flower or heart-shaped butterly, and then maybe a few other small ones, and that's it. Again, I'd need a picture of the actual Goodnites to really be sure that what I was looking at was what I say, the little graphic that depicts the design is the size of a postage stamp.

I realize I sound like a broken record, but once again, there were no new L/XL sized Goodnites on either store's shelves, but both stores seem to have the 2009 and 2010 designs in stock for the S/M size. I might start worrying if we hit May and the new L/XL designs aren't on shelves.

Furthermore, I ran into something really interesting at both supermarkets, which I think people here may find interesting. You may recall awhile back that I noted that one supermarket had Huggies Pull-Ups in an unmarked "larger-than-mega-sized-bag." I think I mentioned that the 4T-5T size had a 44 count rather than the "Mega" pack's 33 count for the same 4T-5T sized Pull-Ups. You'll also note that I mentioned that this larger than "Mega" sized package featured the "old" designs.

Well, it appears that KCWW has essentially done the same thing with Goodnites that they did with Huggies Pull-Ups. Both stores that I went to had a larger-than-Mega sized package of Goodnites on their shelves. Like the Huggies Pull-Ups, the Goodnites in the unnamed larger-than-Mega sized packaging are the "old" design, that is, the ones that were introduced last year. The packaging claims to have, and I quote "OVER 2X MORE GOODNITES THAN OUR JUMBO PACKAGE," un-quote. Below is what you could expect in each package:

1. Boys' S/M Goodnites ???? pack - 33 count - "old" designs

2. Girls' S/M Goodnites ???? pack - 33 count - "old" designs

3. Boys' L/XL Goodnites ???? pack - 27 count - "old" designs

4. Girls' L/XL Goodnites ???? pack - 27 count - "old" designs

The "????" is simply used to denote the fact that these aren't a "mega pack" or "jumbo pack" that I'm talking about. If you know what they're actually called, please enlighten me. These still have the little "box" that depicts the designs on the Goodnites, although "little" is a bit of a misnomer; on these the "graphics box" is about the size of an iPhone/iPod Touch turned on its side. On one side of the front of the packaging there's a huge yellow band touting how many additional Goodnites are in this package, and like the Jumbo and Mega sized packages, the Goodnites in these packages come in a bag; they're not "box diapers."

Again, it's worth noting that last year, the quantity of the "Jumbo" sized packaging was decreased to 15 Goodnites in the S/M size, and 12 Goodnites in the L/XL size. It's also worth noting that the "Mega" sized packaging has remained unchanged with 27 Goodnites in the S/M size, and 21 Goodnites in the L/XL size. This new unmarked packaging offers 33 Goodnites in the S/M size, and 27 Goodnites in the L/XL size. To put things into perspective, that's 17 more Goodnites than the Jumbo package, or seven more Goodnites than the Mega package for the S/M size alone. For the L/XL size, the unmarked package offers 15 more Goodnites than the Jumbo package, and six more Goodnites than the "Mega" package; overall, not a bad deal. One other way to look at this is that the unmarked package of S/M Goodnites has the same quantity as the Mega pack of size 4T-5T Huggies Pull-Ups, (33,) and the unmarked package of L/XL Goodnites has the same quantity as the Mega pack of size S/M Goodnites, (27.) Unfortunately, since these were the "old" design, I didn't happen to catch the price.

Finally, I should point out that I'm pretty sure that this new unmarked size was designed to do two things: The first is to address complaints about the decrease in quantity of the "Jumbo" sized line last year, and the second is to compete with Pampers Underjams. Remember, P&G advertises that they offer more Pampers Underjams in their Jumbo pack than KCWW offers Goodnites in their Jumbo pack. What P&G doesn't advertise for obvious reasons, (besides the shoddy side panels,) is that Underjams are only offered in a Jumbo pack. It's clear that KCWW intends to compete with P&G by offering their consumers more choices. Also, I don't know if this is true in all areas, but in my area Underjams get a fraction of the shelf space that Goodnites get, and often receive less shelf space than a store's generic brand if it happens to have one. In any case, I figured that people would appreciate the "update" on my "quest" for the new L/XL Goodnites, and the release of the, uh... "new old" Goodnites. :)

• 1 month later...

Odds are they sell less of the L/XL than they do of the S/M... so they are waiting till stock runs out of the old stuff before shipping the new. That's just the way supply chains work. The manufacturer may have shipped them from the factory months ago, but you won't see them on shelves until CVS or Wal-Mart or wherever it is you shop actually runs out at their warehouse and has to get more.

• Like 1

Has any one heard any news on the L/XL size, I'm starting to get worried.

Don't quote me on this, but the last time that I was looking for the new L/XL Goodnites, it appeared that they had started to make their way into the "old" Goodnites packaging. This actually isn't uncommon, the "2009 Goodnites" were first available in the "2008" packaging as well--ditto for the 2009 Pull-Ups, (for girls at the very least.) I also believe that this may have occurred with Easy-Ups at one point. There may be other examples that I'm unaware of. The reason I didn't pick up the "new" Goodnites in the "old" packaging is because I'm waiting for them to show up in the "new" packaging, which they will.

I do have a theory as to why this occurs though. Think of when you buy hot dogs, you probably don't notice that there are eight hot dogs in a standard package, but only six buns to go with them; you just buy one of each. This isn't a problem until you order, say 40 packages of hot dogs, 40 packages of buns, and then wind up with 80 hot dogs left over. My guess is that diaper companies manufacture bags and diapers separately, and that the number of bags manufactured, is more than the number of diapers. As a result, there are bags leftover, and rather than waste them, diaper companies just put different diapers into the same packaging to save money. The new bags will contain the majority of the diapers that are intended for them.

A second theory is that diaper companies could order exactly enough bags for exactly the amount of diapers that they've ordered--essentially the opposite of the first theory. This sounds good in practice, until you remember that some of those diapers will be given away as free samples, which obviously won't come in the form of a full bag. Others may be used as in-store promotional material, and others may be donated to non-profits groups for a tax write-off and may be packaged in bulk without retail packaging. The end result still causes you to wind up with more bags than diapers to fill them. Again, I could be wrong, but both theories seem plausible.

To tell if a "old" package has "new" diapers in it, just hold the package up to the light in the store. The "opaque" bags that diapers--including Goodnites--come in, aren't really opaque; in fact, they're semi-transparent. If you see the old designs on the diapers, then you know that the bag has the previous designs, if the designs look different, then you know that the "new" designs are in the "old" packaging. I believe the new Goodnites have "dots" on them, correct? That would be something to look for. TIP: The "white strip" on each side of the bag is often the most transparent portion of the bag, and is likely a good place to look if you want to see if a particular package contains the new or the old designs.

I hope that this information is useful. If I see the new Goodnites in the new L/XL packaging, I'll pick them up and post another message in this thread, even if it's just a bump to let people know that they exist. :)

I do have a theory as to why this occurs though. Think of when you buy hot dogs, you probably don't notice that there are eight hot dogs in a standard package, but only six buns to go with them; you just buy one of each.

Um... have you purchased hotdogs lately? The old wives tale of more dogs than buns doesn't hold true anymore. The hotdogs that I've seen all come in a 10-pack, as do the buns.

Um... have you purchased hotdogs lately? The old wives tale of more dogs than buns doesn't hold true anymore. The hotdogs that I've seen all come in a 10-pack, as do the buns.

Hmm... that's interesting Darkfinn. I actually had hot dogs last week, and they came eight to a pack. However, the hot dogs that I had are the ones that don't have any antibiotics in them, and they don't keep as long, so that may be why there are fewer in the package; just a thought. I admittedly have not purchase a bag of hot dog buns in quite some time though; I generally tend to get "hot dog buns" (rolls) from the bakery, and those are sold individually. I'll have to take a look at hot dog buns and "regular" hot dogs the next time I go grocery shopping though. Thanks for the heads-up; now I'm going to have to come up with a new example to illustrate this point in the future though. :)

As for the new Goodnites, a bit more news about them:

From what I understand, the L/XL and S/M sizes actually have DIFFERENT designs on them. That's right, different designs for different sizes; this is obviously a response to UnderJams. I've heard that the L/XL size for boys includes a print with Ninjas. I will of course continue to look for these in the new packaging in stores, and will provide pictures as needed. If someone has pictures and is willing to share, please do. If this is true, it too could be the reason that the release of the new L/XL size Goodnites has been "delayed," for lack of a better term. As always, I'll post back in this thread when I have more information or a package of these in-hand. I'm really wishing they'd show up in my local stores now.

Update:

I looked at two stores locally...

They have S/M in the new "Underwear" style and the L/XL in the old "Underpants" style.

It really upset me... I wanted to try the new kind...

Everyone, keep me posted.

-Sophie

Update:

I looked at two stores locally...

They have S/M in the new "Underwear" style and the L/XL in the old "Underpants" style.

This seems to be common right now. I first spotted the S/M "Underwear" style in the mega sized package for boys in March, and it took about two weeks for them to start showing up on shelves regularly by April. Early in April the same thing happened with the S/M "Underwear" style in the mega sized package for girls. Again two weeks later they seemed to show up regularly, and within the past two weeks the jumbo sized packages seem to be showing up in addition to the mega sized packages in the S/M size.

It really upset me... I wanted to try the new kind...

Everyone, keep me posted.

-Sophie

Okay, quick update:

I did my weekly grocery shopping (as well as the shopping for my Memorial Day party) yesterday and today so I had the chance to walk down quite a few diaper aisles this weekend. At present it doesn't appear that anything has changed. I also held several L/XL packages up to the light, and they all appear to have the "old" race-car designs in them. See my previous post for information about a potential design difference between the S/M and L/XL size. Oddly enough, it looks like the jumbo sized package of the S/M style has just made it into my local stores within the past two weeks, so this seems to be a very slow product roll-out in general.

I will, of course, continue to keep everyone updated with any new information. Trust me Sophie, I am just as eager to get my hands on the new Goodnites as you are. If the L/XL design (for boys) really does have "Ninjas" on it, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone whose more interested in getting their hands on these than I am. In any case, I will be picking up mega sized packages in the L/XL size for both boys and girls, as soon as they are available. Pictures will be taken, and a review will be written accordingly.

^ THANK YOU!

I used to use Goodnites the year after they came out... I haven't used them since. And I'd like to try them out again, but I won't wear them all the time and I'd rather not go out spending money on these ones if new softer and prettier ones are about to come out.

...also, NINJAS?! NO WAY!! I might get the boy ones. >.<

-Sophie

^ THANK YOU!

You're welcome. :) The review will be submitted under the "review" section of DD, and I'll make sure to note that my current review in that section is for the "2009 Underpants," and my new review will be for the "2010 Underwear."

The "2007 Underpants" (for girls) were the first Goodnites that I wore, and they were slightly smaller than future versions. I admittedly fell for the myth that "girls' Goodnites" will fit adult males better than "boys' Goodnites," which I can now say firsthand is a myth. I initially purchased one package of the "2007 Underpants" because I wasn't sure if they'd fit me. Once I found out that they did though, I went back to the grocery store and grabbed two mega sized packages of them.

The "2008 Underpants" weren't available for very long, but I quickly grabbed mega sized packages of the "2008 Underpants" for both boys and girls as soon as they became available. The packaging for these advertised an "improved waistband," which really was improved/more comfortable than before, and although it wasn't advertised, these felt slightly softer and were just a tad larger than the "2007 Underpants."

The "2009 Underpants" really didn't advertise any radical changes outside of the new packaging and designs, but they too had more padding than their predecessor, were slightly softer, and also a tad larger. The advertisement on the packaging that says "Best Protection" really sums up the "2009 Underpants" perfectly, they simply are the best Goodnites I've ever had the pleasure of wearing to date. As soon as these came out in the proper packaging, I grabbed two mega sized packages for boys and two mega sized packages for girls; I also purchased two mega sized packages for boys that had the "2008 Underpants" packaging and the "2009 Underpants" inside of it. I admittedly have a bit of a diaper collection with a large focus on Goodnites, and should probably open a diaper museum one day. I did open one of the two fluke packages, and managed to make it last me almost a year. :) Naturally I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the "2010 Underwear" because I'm dying to compare it to the 2007-2009 Underpants, and to see just what improvements have been made.

I used to use Goodnites the year after they came out... I haven't used them since. And I'd like to try them out again, but I won't wear them all the time and I'd rather not go out spending money on these ones if new softer and prettier ones are about to come out.

Trust me, the "2009 Underpants" are money well spent. The "Jumbo" sized package only has 12 Goodnites in it, and can be had on sale for $9.99. They're currently on sale again (at least in one supermarket) in my area, so check the circular in your mail and see if they're on sale in your area as well. I would honestly tell you that for $9.99, it's worth it to just buy them, if only so you can have a reference point between the "2009 Underpants" and the "2010 Underwear" style. Again, trust me, I was actually wearing a pair of the "2009 Underpants" (went with the ones for girls) yesterday, and they were incredibly comfortable; you owe it to yourself to try them. Depending on whether or not they're on sale when they come out, a "Mega" sized package of the L/XL "2010 Underwear" will run you anywhere from $15.99-18.99, at most, a jumbo pack of the "2009" underpants and a mega pack of the "2010 underwear" should run you $31, and that's assuming that nothing is on sale and that you pay the highest prices that Goodnites are sold for.

Of course, I'll be grabbing the "2010 Underwear" as soon as it's available in my area; I actually had budgeted money for the "2010 Underwear" as far back as July of 2009. Granted, I was referring to them as "next year's Goodnites" back then, but that was because I had no idea what changes KCWW was going to make, but I was pretty certain that they were going to change something, even if it was only the designs on the Goodnites themselves. (They've been changing the designs every year since 2004 when they first introduced them; why would they stop now?)

...also, NINJAS?! NO WAY!! I might get the boy ones. >.<

I generally purchase at least one mega sized package of both the boy and the girl ones to keep sealed as part of my diaper collection, and this year will be no exception. I'll also likely be purchasing one mega sized package of the boy and the girl ones to open, so four mega sized packages total. :)

Granted, I pretty much had the same reaction that you did to the news that the S/M and L/XL sizes have different designs and that one of them has Ninjas on them. I thought that KCWW had outdone themselves last year when they came up with the minimalist race-car design, which was by far the best design "for boys" to date in my opinion. (In fact, I remember opening my first package of them and thinking "pfft... there's no way they'll top these anytime soon.") I guess I was wrong though, KCWW may very well have outdone themselves again with the Ninja design, but I won't really be able to comment on it until I see it, however if it's even remotely like the designs that are being used on the S/M Goodnites, then KCWW has definitely outdone themselves again.

As far as the best design "for girls" goes, I'm honestly not sure what I consider that to be. The 2007 "ballerinas" were pretty cute, but the 2009 "fushia butterflies" definitely caught my eye pretty quickly and are just as cute, if not cuter. The original "flower" designs from 2004 are also pretty nice and definitely in the running for "best design for girls," and I'm admittedly kicking myself for not having purchased any. The only reason that the 2008 Butterfly/flower design isn't in the running is that it really was WAY too busy; thankfully KCWW learned from their mistake and the 2009 design was a HUGE improvement.

As promised, 2009s were purchased.

Firstly, let me say, that they fit AMAZINGLY. Even back when I first started wearing them (maybe four or five years ago) they didn't fit me this well. And I have probably grown. And I got a bigggg butt! They're a tight fit getting on, but once they're in place they're very comfortable and actually cover my whole butt. I was stunned.

(for the record, i'm about 5'9, 175 pounds, 36" waist)

Anyway.

The designs are ADORABLE. The heart ones are precious. I'm sad that they won't have those ones anymore, even though the butterfly design got a lot better.

But I'm actually upset with the new look... the 2009 look like actual pull-ups and the new ones look like underwear (because of the tinted fabric and the all around colored waistband). I prefer the pull-up look... :(

Do the new ones get a bit larger like the 2009s did? A bit of extra room would be nice... or not fearing them breaking on the way up my thighs...

-Sophie