LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Chaffing

I feel this is the right forum even though I do not have a medical need for them. Sure I fantasize about being incontinent, but things like this remind me that it wouldn't always be fun to have to be diapered all the time.

I am wondering how often people who have to wear all time encounter chaffing and what they do about it. I know that if I had to wear it would probably take longer to heal, as it is right now I am able to not wear and let it heal. I did use vasilne though to help so it doesn't chaff more.

Guest Wetnmessy247

I am trained incont. so....

In a way a need diapers. But I deal with chafin with creams and such.

Willpower. Bite my toungue and chafe away.

I feel this is the right forum even though I do not have a medical need for them. Sure I fantasize about being incontinent, but things like this remind me that it wouldn't always be fun to have to be diapered all the time.

I am wondering how often people who have to wear all time encounter chaffing and what they do about it. I know that if I had to wear it would probably take longer to heal, as it is right now I am able to not wear and let it heal. I did use vasilne though to help so it doesn't chaff more.

chaffing can be a major issue espeacily here in FL .... plastic pants i have found to be the worst offender as the leg opening dont flex as much as a disposable, i mostly now just wear the diaper and that is usually ok, unless i have to drive long distance as chaffing always happens when bouncing in a truck over 600 miles a day.... normal everyday activities that include standing, sitting, walking seems to be no issues, but sometimes the diapers dig and dig untill you are almost bleeding... powder helps a bit unitll its wet than its sand that helps the rawness.....

so its going to be happen but you learn to find what works for you as much as possible

I find that chafing can be avoided by changing brands every so often. They all chafe (except cloth) only in different places. Some worse than others, and some immediately. You will find what works for you.

My occasional chafing comes from my plastic panties at the leg openings :blush: When my skin begins to feel the least bit irritated I move the legbands up or down to a new spot ;) Moving them up is better since it exposes the skin to air and away from wetness B) The next chance I get I'll go to a different style till everything clears up :D And I usually wear something different after I get home or at bedtime which seems to help a lot :thumbsup: Continued abrasion in the same spots pretty much guarantee irritation.

By the time you feel irritation, skin damage is already happening because the nerves you're feeling are below the surface :o Time, dryness, and sterility are the skin's healers. Skin heals (grows) from the inside out so nothing you put on top of it will help that, though it might help lubricity, feeling, and sterility :huh: If ointments help you feel better then use them- they do no harm as long as the skin is sterile underneath them :) Whatever you do, let the skin heal completely before using that spot again. Damaged skin injures a lot faster than undamaged skin :crybaby:

Hope you heal quickly!

Bettypooh

Guest Wetnmessy247

I concur that damaged skin has higher probability of taking more damage.

The last thing you want in an open wound is the bacteria from a nasty mess. :(

Stay messy!!!

Chaffing, the rubbing raw of the epidermal protection layer on the skin is caused by any material not smoothly sliding across ones skin. Diaper plastic, tapes, elastic, cloth etc all can cause it. The best solution is prevention rather than cure. The skins top layer is resistant enough when the skin is dry, but any moisture on the skin will cause whatever material rubbing on it to catch and stick, and while moving, tear and damage the skin.

With diapers, it is the plastic cover that normally chaffs the inside leg. The solution I use, is to wear some sort of cloth cover so the only thing that is rubbing against my inside leg is cloth, which being dry, does not catch, stick and chaff. Baby powder or similar can also eliminate this to a extent, but in a warm environment, ones sweat etc will defeat the baby powder protection.

Creams, being greasy, tend to create rather than eliminate chaffing. If you have chaffing rash, during a diaper change, coat the chaffed area with the cream, and wait until the cream has been absorbed before completing the change. This may entail one sitting / lying or up to 30-45 mins on a open diaper.

I've been wearing gauze prefold diapers and plastic pants for 46 years now. I don't have chaffing problems and never have. I don't get rashes, even when I'm in a wet diaper for six hours. (I try to change as soon as I'm wet, but I can't always do that.) I do use baby lotion after every shower, Desitin where I need it most, and baby powder. I also keep the diaper area shaved, touching it up every day in my morning shower. I didn't always do that, but it does help keep down the smell. The new Intuition for sensitive skin works really well for that. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Guest Wetnmessy247

The cure for chaffing is air. Nothing cures bad skin better than fresh air. Which mean for us incontinent people this is a problem.

Some rare times I take off the diaper and sit on a towel spread out on the floor naked except for a tshirt and have some oscillating fans aimed down towards my bum and netheregions and play some video games or read a book for a few hours. The towel is simply to catch any feces that comes out. It likes to play hide and seek when I don't have diapers on. I typically just wipe up and roll poopy wipes up in towel and throw away. Make sure it's a towel you won't miss, and if you can't find a towel like that use paper towel.

I wear cloth diapers and plastic overpants. Some baby powder around the waist and areas that the plastic comes in contact with stops the chaffing.

• 7 years later...
On 4/22/2018 at 1:57 PM, HotDogg55 said:

Very old thread but, just started encountering chaffing for the first time in a fair amount of months so going to double down on my trusted and reliable fix of powder. 

Indeed, but the powder does help a bit, and I have always loved the smell.