LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mental Illness

Kari

Mental Illness  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Deal With A Mental Illness?

I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 15, and diagnosed with bipolar when I was 22. I honestly wont notice the bipolar til later after, but the epilepsy is very noticeable when an episode hits. Oh well, I do just fine, i usually just scare the shit out of everyone at the grocery store or wal-mart, haha.

Well, that one is not really rough - more like incomplete for me. :whistling:

I have a Dx of Generalized Anxiety disorder - and yes I do agree with that, but I am sure there is WAY more to it than that..Nothing that would be considered to be accurate though... :wtf2: (Not only was the chance given, I keep asking and nothing)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disorder Rating Information

Paranoid: Very High

Schizoid: High

Schizotypal: High

Antisocial: Low

Borderline: Low

Histrionic: High

Narcissistic: Moderate

Avoidant: High

Dependent: Moderate

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I wouldn't say I suffer from anything. I have ADHD, but wasn't diagnosed until mid 20s so I've learned to cope with it pretty well. I don't take any meds, but probably take more Pro Plus than is good for me. I counterbalance that by eating very healthily, staying fit, hardly ever drinking and not smoking (bar the occasional cigar). I had a very strict, disciplined childhood and went to a school that did not tolerate any unruly behaviour, so although I was an unhappy child it did force me to learn certain techniques that have helped me as an adult. I count myself lucky in that regard. I also stay very very busy, as that keeps me calm. I avoid things that I know I have no hope of doing (anything involving advanced multi-tasking or memorising lots of info is a no go area), but I'm very good at anything where I need to react quickly, create things (I can make furniture, clothing, paintings, books, etc from scratch) or organise other people/things (I do a lot of project management work). I also have a LOT of energy, which gives me an advantage at times. I'm not sure I would count ADHD as a mental illness though, as I find I just have a different skill set to other people and vice versa. I think that's true across the board. I consider it more as 'personality management'. People just have to learn what cards they've been dealt and play with that hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

as a kid i was always bullied because i wasn't like anybody else even now as an adult am an easy target because i refuse to be like other people i have autism which i didn't know about until a few years ago but i was diagnosed with learning difficulties when i was 7  so yeah i have always felt different always the odd one out as they say.  

• Like 1