LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies

Guest little_jonny

Mmmm... I really hope that they decide to make a small. While I make it no secret that I'm not wholly fond of ABU as a whole, I'd love it if they made a decent product at a decent price that's actually cute (and fits!).

you can send them an e-mail suggesting something.

Yeppers, those ebay sellers jumped straight on this. They won't be able to ship for a while either...

Must be a inside source as they state they have 2 full cases of them. Insane isn't the word..But you'll notice as of this post they already have 12 bids. So the world has at least 12 people who aren't the brightest bulb on the tree. Man, doesn't anyone Google anymore :whistling:

• Like 1

Must be a inside source as they state they have 2 full cases of them. Insane isn't the word..But you'll notice as of this post they already have 12 bids. So the world has at least 12 people who aren't the brightest bulb on the tree. Man, doesn't anyone Google anymore :whistling:

Yep he works for ABU I emailed the guy on ebay with the contact sell thing tilling him he must work for abu if he had any of these diapers and this is what he sent back to me..You figured it out Tommy! They will ship today. The reason for the 2/20 date is we have a ton of backorders from members to fill first. And there's a slight added benefit from putting a pack here (duh!). And thanks for your comments, we appreciate them good or bad, it helps us make better products.

Have a good day, and Go Saints!

Kyle

• Like 1

These do look really cool. But ABU's horrible customer service and loooooong shipping times make me wary of ordering any.

I've heard a lot about their poor service but so far at least, they seem to be doing OK with my order. They made it clear it was a pre-order and they didn't have the stock yet and sent me an updated shipping date quite promptly (within an hour or so). Of course it remains to be seen if they actually keep that date but so far at least, their customer service is certainly no worse than I'd expect.

On the off chance the ABU people read this, I'll add a hopefully constructive criticism about their process: re-arrange the checkout flow, it's backwards. Common sense says you ask for the shipping address first so you can show your customers the total amount before they enter their CC details. People get uneasy when they're asked for their numbers before they know how much is going to be charged.

They do look cute, but very expensive & also not a fan of buying stuff from the States

I'm not sure if I should read into this or not. Could be because it's tough to get overseas shipments, or because you don't like to support US businesses or you have a problem with the US in general?

• Like 1
Guest MunchKitten

Loose the (male) tags, and maybe JUST maybe people won't call you sexist.

Also you do realize she is on this forum right?

Check the transphobia at the door. K thx bye.

• Like 4
Guest Baby-Toa

i'm almost glad i didn't read that post.....

Btw the other 10 packs of these on ebay have considerably less bids on them. but still pricey for only 10.

Guest MunchKitten

We appreciate you and your business very much! Recently many

new and existing customers have ordered our newest hit product,

ABU Cushies diapers. So many, in fact, that we have become

completely overloaded with orders... at a level we have never

seen before. Even if your recent order did not contain our new

ABU Cushies product, it is still having to work its way through

our fulfillment system and will be subject to some delay.

In fact our turnaround from the time someone places thier online

order, to the time we have that order on the delivery truck, has

risen to one week. Please understand that we find this shipping

delay as unacceptable as you likely do. Rest assured, we are

taking monumental steps to get all pending - and new - orders

out as soon as possible.

As our way of appologizing for your inconvience in waiting for

your order, we would like to offer you 10% any future order that

you may place on ABUniverse.com. Simply enter the online coupon

code in our online shopping cart BEFORE checking out.

Below is a summary of your recent order. If we haven't already

done so, we will be emailing your order tracking information to

you in the next few days.

Mine missed that delay :D

So here's a quickie review based on one overnight Cushie :)

Looks

We all know they look great already. I love the pattern. Got me 'the look' from my wife as I expected :lol: but I felt 'littler' than I have in a long time with my sippy cup of milk and a Cushie :D

Scent

They really do smell a lot like Pampers, which is great :) I'm not certain but I suspect the scent is added post-production somehow rather than at the factory and it didn't seem to be permeated through the diaper as much as I'd hoped and it faded quite quickly but it does make them smell really nice when you're first putting them on, which is great.

Fit

The main body of the diaper itself fits me well. Not as well as say a Tena Maxi or a Bambino but perfectly acceptable with no chaffing, stretching or tearing of the plastic. The tapes..... Well, honestly, it's a balancing act. I had to pull the wings back out into place at the front once or twice and I suspect having two tapes per side would help put a stop to that but at the same time, the single-tape design is a pretty fundamental part of the 'big baby diaper' illusion, they did hold very well and are refasten-able if needed so overall, I think I prefer them as they are. That surprises me to be honest, I expected the single-tape thing to be a problem for me. It's also important to mention that I've also had plenty of two-tape diapers bunch up in the front wings like that so maybe it's just down to my skinny body :P One other little gripe is that they could do with a front waistband to go with the single tape. It's even more important for guys to 'point down' with these diapers than others - the single tape leaves a bit of a baggy gap at the top that you will leak out from for sure if you point up.

Absorbency

Not amazing but definitely not bad either. I'd heard some bad things about the SDK absorbency (which supposedly the Cushie is derived from) but it took a fair few small wettings through the night and the morning before it reached the point where I felt it was going to leak. It gets a bit squishy towards the end. Probably about comparable to an Abri-Form Super. Addition of a stuffer would probably leave me feeling confident enough to flood freely :)

Other stuff

I've heard lots of things about poor customer service from ABU. Now I'm well aware that I'm just one customer with experience of just one order but the customer service I got was perfectly OK. Not great (didn't get a shipping notification) but by no means bad. As I mentioned in another thread, they notified me of the pre-order delay and gave me an expected ship date. In the end, they shipped 4 days before that date.

Overall

I'll say 7½ out of 10. They could do with more absorbency to compete well with Bambino (which hold more and are cheaper) but for me this diaper isn't just about absorbency - it's about the whole package and the look of the diaper, sheer cuteness factor and the state of mind that I was able to relax into make this an expensive but worthwhile occasional special treat. It'll be a while but I'll buy again :D

Actually this quick review turned out to be quite long, didn't it :P

• Like 3