LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies

• 3 weeks later...

I have been a big fan of ABU's products for some time. Super cute with the single tapes and more absorbent than any commonly available off-the-shelf incontinence product I know of. Currently wearing SDK v2's, am highly impressed by the absorbency upgrade over the previous version. I very much wish they would introduce an upgraded version of their "Cloth-Backed Cushies" which are currently discontinued. With cloth-ish outer texture and velcro-ish tapes (infinitely adjustable/re-fastenable), they were very much like the current generation of baby disposables...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sir Stinkypants said:

I have been a big fan of ABU's products for some time. Super cute with the single tapes and more absorbent than any commonly available off-the-shelf incontinence product I know of. Currently wearing SDK v2's, am highly impressed by the absorbency upgrade over the previous version. I very much wish they would introduce an upgraded version of their "Cloth-Backed Cushies" which are currently discontinued. With cloth-ish outer texture and velcro-ish tapes (infinitely adjustable/re-fastenable), they were very much like the current generation of baby disposables...

Agreed on all counts.

On 7/9/2016 at 8:25 AM, Sir Stinkypants said:

I couldn't agree more about the cloth backed Cushies.

• Like 1

The hook and loop ("velcro-ish") tapes were something I very dearly loved as well. Adjustable, infinitely re-fastenable...especially good for either mutual or solo sexual expeditions betwixt changes...if you're into such things, I judge not either way. Not keen on "Playschool" at least in concept...

• 2 weeks later...

Have just emailed abucares again expressing my definite opinion that "Cloth-Backed Cushies" ("CBC's" for further discussion) should be brought back with the new upgraded absorbency like their other products. Also pointed out how much I buy from them, most probably more than most... Others who agree with my love of CBC's, please do likewise!!

• 1 month later...

I for one do prefer the babyishness of ABU's single tape design, though I do acknowledge that they are trickier to put on securely than multiple tape designs. Two tapes per side allow one to adjust tightness around the waist and legs independently, while with a single tape one has to do both with the positioning of the single tape. This is largely a question of finding the correct angle to apply the tapes to the landing strip for your specific body shape. As I said, a little tricky, might require experimenting that might waste a diaper or two, but get it right once and observe the angles and approximate positions of the tapes relative to each other and remember it, and you should be able to get it right every time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordered a pack of Cushies and a pack of the cloth backed Preschools from Nappies R Us a few days ago and I'm loving them. Definitely my favourite nappies and Casey Strom has done an excellent job of taking ABU nappies from what everyone considered to be just play nappies and turning them into a really premium feeling product.

Will have to order a half case of each soon, I think.

• 11 months later...

Cloth-backed diapers are a meaningless gesture unless they also feature hook-and-loop tapes, like a modern baby/toddler diaper. Think about it: have you ever seen a cloth-backed version of pampers, huggies, or luvs that featured a cloth-backed overall construction and plastic sticky tapes?

6 hours ago, Sir Stinkypants said:

Cloth-backed diapers are a meaningless gesture unless they also feature hook-and-loop tapes, like a modern baby/toddler diaper. Think about it: have you ever seen a cloth-backed version of pampers, huggies, or luvs that featured a cloth-backed overall construction and plastic sticky tapes?

Yup.  I miss cloth backed cushies.  Bring them back.  Upgrade them however you can so that they perform as well (or almost as well) as the plastic backed ones do today, and we'll talk.

• 3 years later...

What to my wondering eyes should appear?! It seems that the good folks at ABU have finally, after over 5 years, (drumroll please!) brought out a new version of Cloth Backed Cushies! The only modern-style baby-like disposable I ever saw is back! Cloth back, 2 tape hook-and-loop... 

I can’t wait to get some and give ‘em a try!

• 1 month later...

I got a couple while visiting changing times in Vegas. That was a while ago, but today I  tried them, and they 'look' good, and I like the performance, they are quiet ?? and descreet....BUT, the tapes are positioned WAY to low, leaving the waist band flapping in the breeze!! ??

they have really nice front and back elastic waist bands, which are deemed useless by the tapes being positioned wrong. ?

I checked the website, and they do mention this, the fit might be smaller since the tapes are positioned 1 inch to low...figures.. ?

Other than that, I like them. Same capacity as Kiddos and SDK's, but quiet.

I'll finish this one off with a good load....then wait for the next (corrected) shipment, to see if they fit better. 

other tan the tapes being 'fubar'.... These are really nice! ??

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, WehavePi314 said:

How is the sizing?  My hips are 41 inches and I’m right in the middle of two sizes.  Should I go bigger or smaller?

Id order a sample. Honestly some brands are just garbage when it comes to size standards.

I finally decided to "take the plunge" and try some disposable diapers. I've always preferred cloth diapers and waterproof PUL pants, but wanted to see what disposable diapers felt like and how well they work. Have a case (12) of Rearz Little Squrts coming on Tuesday. Not sure about giving up on cloth though because it just feels so good.

• Like 1

I really like the Lil' Squirts, they're one of my main day-to-day go-to products. Very comfortable, good tapes, and they offer what I'd call a medium + range - not as much capacity as, say, a Megamax or a Rearz Elite Hybrid for example, but, I can get 8 hours out of one. They're also slim enough to wear under clothes during the day. 

19 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I really like the Lil' Squirts, they're one of my main day-to-day go-to products. Very comfortable, good tapes, and they offer what I'd call a medium + range - not as much capacity as, say, a Megamax or a Rearz Elite Hybrid for example, but, I can get 8 hours out of one. They're also slim enough to wear under clothes during the day. 

Good to hear. Going to try one out this morning when I'm ready to change out of my cloth one.

• 1 year later...

Well, the folks at ABUniverse have killed Cloth-Backed Cushies again. My absolute favorites for many years, from the time ABU only made a few kinds, all with 2 tapes. I am devastated, and their reps only want to pump sunshine about new products, none of which interest me in the slightest.

I have to wonder why all of the ABDL companies seem dead-set on making diapers that are nothing like anything Pampers, Luvs, or Huggies ever produced. Hook and loop closures on plastic backings. Multiple tapes. Don’t they know that’s what we want, baby diapers in adult sizes?

• Like 1