LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cynthia'S New Home

Melanie follows Cynthia back to Mrs. Blanchard office. She takes a seat when Mrs. Blanchard says she wants to talk to them. They both listen intently as Mrs. Blanchard explains about Cynthia's parents dying and her grandmother. Melanie almost wanted to cry right there.

"So Cynthia doesn't know it was her grandmother who gave her the doll? Why hasn't anyone told her? Do you know if the grandmother is still alive?"

• Like 1

Mrs. Blanchard shakes her head. "No she doesn't know it was her grandmother who gave her the doll. She thinks it was a friend of the orphanage who gave her the doll. We have alot of people who give the orphanage money and things to keep the orphanage running. Once a month. A group of young ladies and their moms take the girls who want to go to the mall to go shopping and have a girl's day out. Cynthia went once to the girl's day out. She hasn't been since. Cynthia said it was too depressing seeing mothers with their daughters and not having a one herself. The guys take the boys to see ball games and do guy things with them. We are very lucky to have a community who wants to be involved with the kids here. No one told Cynthia because her grandmother didn't want her to know that she was her grandmother. She thought Cynthia would try and find her." She shrugs. "I don't know if she is still alive. It has been 12 years since I have seen her."

• Like 1

Mrs. Blanchard looks at the two of them. She is suppose to be in 8th grade. If she had been diganoised in time. She wouldn't be too far behind where she is suppose to,but because she wasn't. She was kept back a few times. She is in 4th grade. All the kids go to a school down the street. You are welcome to move her to a school closer to your house if the school here is too far away. You will have to keep on her to do her homework. With her ADD. She gets distracted easily and will wander off to do something else. Her teacher said when she can stay focused. Cynthia can do well in class and is smart,but the trick is keeping her focused. If you don't. She will start to daydream and not do her classwork or her homework."

When Melanie and Mark looks out Mrs. Blanchard's window. They see a group of younger kids setting on the floor around Cynthia listening to her playing her guitar.

• Like 1

"Okay, thank you. We live about an hour from here, so we will have to see about whether she can continue in her present school. We will probably keep her there for the remainder of the school year at least. She knows everyone at school and the teacher knows Cynthia."

As Melanie and Mark stare out the window at Cynthia, they wait for as long as they can before getting ready to leave. Finally, they decide that it would be best to go.

"Well, I guess we better go now. I know Cynthia isn't looking forward to coming to live with us, but we are looking forward to her living with us."

Mark and Melanie walk towards the door on their way out.

• Like 1

Mrs. Blanchard nods. "I would suggest setting up a meeting with Cynthia's teacher so she can bring you up to date on Cynthia and you all can get on the same page in respect to Cynthia. She doesn't take medicine for her ADD. Her teachers has been trying to get her to agree to take medicine so she can focus better. So far they have not made any progress in getting her to accept too." She shakes her head. "It isn't that she isn't looking forward to it. She has been burned alot. So she doesn't think it will last long."

Cynthia puts her guitar down and runs down the hall towards her room. A few minutes later. She comes back with a box with muscial notes page on it. Cynthia sees Melanie looking at her as she walks towards her. "I almost forgot my music box. It has my sheet music in it. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

• Like 1

Melanie takes the box from Cynthia. "Okay, get your guitar and we will get going."

Mark picks up the box containing Cynthia's clothes and drawing stuff and carries it out to their car. Melanie waits for Cynthia to bring her guitar. Melanie puts her arm around Cynthia and gives her a hug.

"Thank you, Mrs. Blanchard, for all your help and information today. Don't plan on seeing Cynthia back here except for when she visits."

Melanie walks Cynthia out to the car and opens the back door.

"Sorry we don't have a limousine to pick you up in. I guess you will have to make do in our Ford," Joked Melanie,"Make sure you fasten your seatbelt, okay?"

Cynthia picks up her guitar. She shys away from Melanie when she hugs her.

Mrs. Blanchard nods. "You are welcome. I hope you are right about that for Cynthia's sake. I don't think she could take another broken heart."

Cynthia stops when she sees the car that Mark was putting the boxes into. "That is ok. This was more cool than a limo. You have a hybrid Focus. It is better for the enviroment. It has less of a carbon footprint." She gets into the backseat and puts her guitar beside her. Cynthia doesn't buckle herself in. "Wearing a seatbelt is for little kids."

• Like 1

Melanie listens as Cynthia refuses to wear the seatbelt. She walks over to Mark and whispers something in his ear. He looks at her and nods. Melanie comes back to where Cynthia is sitting.

"Just so you know, Mark and I always wear our seatbelts. However, if you don't want to wear a seatbelt you don't have to. We will stop by Walmart and pick up a booster seat that has a locking belt that only Mark and I can undo. So you can either buckle yourself up like the big girl you are, or we WILL buy you a booster seat, Okay?"

Cynthia looks at bit confused. "What is Walmart and what is a booster seat?" She pouts. "Fine you win." Cynthia puts her seatbelt on and then puts her thumb in her mouth. She starts to suck it as they drive away from the orphanage. Cynthia watches the scenery as they drive towards her new home.

Melanie smiles as Cynthia decides to fasten her seatbelt. "That's my good girl."

Melanie gets in the car and fastens her seatbelt. She thinks about what Cynthia said, asking about walmart and a booster seat. She makes a mental note to make a shopping trip to Walmart real soon. As they drive home Cynthia looks in the rearview mirror at Cynthia and sees her sucking her thumb. She smiles, thinking how adorable Cynthia looks this way. She knows that there will probably be many battles in the days ahead, but they would not be about Cynthia sucking her thumb.

About forty-five minutes later they pull into the driveway of a small two story home. There are three bedrooms on the top floor along with a large bathroom and a little bit smaller bathroom in the master bedroom. Downstairs there is the living room, kitchen, a regular sized bathroom, a study, a laundry room and another room that could be a playroom for Cynthia. Out in the backyard, which is fenced in, is a swingset and a patio area.

Melanie gets out of the car and opens the back seat. "okay Cynthia, we're home now."

Cynthia gets out of the car and looks at the house. "This look like the dollhouse in the playroom in the younger kids wing." She walks in when Melanie opens the front door. Cynthia walks around the downstairs while Melanie gives her the tour of the house. When they go upstairs. Cynthia looks at each of the rooms as Melanie points them out. She stops dead in her tracks when she sees her bedroom. "I wasn't your first choice of a girl to adopt was I? Why does my bed have rails on it and childish bedding on it? This looks like it belongs to a small child like a toddler. Did you do this because I suck my thumb like a small child? I can't help I suck my thumb. It relaxes me." Cynthia runs pass Melanie and down the stairs. She passes Mark coming upstairs with her boxes and he can tell she was upset about something. Cynthia goes out the backdoor and sets in one of the swings with her back to the door.

Mark brings the boxes upstairs to Cynthia's bedroom. He looks at Melanie with concern.

"She saw the toddler bed and got upset. at first she reasoned that she was not our first choice and then she asked if I got the toddler bed because she still sucks her thumb. I think I will give her a little time by herself, and then go have a talk with her."

Melanie goes downstairs and watches Cynthia through the window. She could tell Cynthia was not happy. Melanie let Cynthia sit there for about a half hour then stepped outside. She walked over to the swing set and sat down on the ground next to it.

"Cynthia I understand that you are upset. seeing a toddler bed in your room would be unsettling. I promise I knew nothing about you before Mark and I went down to the orphanage today. Well, that's not exactly true. We knew you were a 'special' child and would need lots of love and attention."

"You see, Mark and I got married about ten years ago, and we planned on having a large family. Unfortunately, I found out I was unable to have children of my own. We coped with it as best we could up to this year. After talking to Mark, we decided to adopt a child. Yes, our first choice was an infant or toddler. However, when we found out you were available for immediate adoption, we jumped at the chance. We haven't had time to make over the bedroom. We do not expect you to sleep in a baby bed. You are not a baby. We were going to take you out and get you a bed of your choice to sleep in later on today."

"I was not going to bring up your thumbsucking, but since you did, I will tell you something about myself. I used a pacifier like a baby until I was ten year's old. Not just at bedtime, but all around the house. My parents never made a big deal out of it, and I will never mention your thumbsucking again unless you do. I know how comforting it can be. I do not think you are a baby or toddler because you suck your thumb. It is just a part of who you are."

"I would like for you to come back in the house, please. Mark and I would like to explain a few rules we would like you to follow and you can relax for awhile before we go shopping for your new bed and some new clothes and even some toys for you to play with."

• Like 1

Cynthia wipes her eyes and nods. "Yes I'm upset. It reminded me of the bed I slept in before I was moved to the bigger girl's wing 2 years ago." She listens intently as Melanie talks. "I thought so after seeing the room. I can understand you wanting a baby or a toddler. Who wouldn't? They are cute and adorable. They also don't have the problems I have." She smiles slightly. "Did you use it at school too and if you did. Did you get made fun of? I do by my classmates. They call me names like big baby and Thumby." She nods. "Yes it is very comforting and relaxing. Except for when I'm laughed at and made fun of. It makes me suck in it harder when gets bigger luaghs and made fun of more." Cynthia gets up out of the swing and walks into the house. She sets on the couch and listens as Melanie tell her the rules of the house.

"I took the pacifier to school a few times, but when I was caught with it I was teased. Like you I was called baby and other names. When I told my mother what happened that's when she made the rule that I could only use the pacifier in the house."

Melanie follows Cynthia back into the house. Mark joins her as they sit on chairs facing the couch.

"You probably guessed their would be rules to follow in this house. You will have chores to do, but I haven't figured out what exactly they will be yet. Once we get you back in school, you will be expected to do your homework every night that you have it. Either Mark or myself will help you with it, depending on what the subject is. For the time being, you are going to be going back to the same school you were in at the orphanage. I figure it would be best if you stayed there at least until the end of the year. I will be talking to your teacher to see if there is anything we can do to help you improve your grades."

"There will be times that Mark or I will ask you to do something. We will not be asking just to hear ourselves talk. We will expect you to obey us. When we call you to breakfast, lunch or dinner we will expect you to wash your hands first and come right to the table without being told twice. If we have to ask you again, there will be a punishment involved. We do believe in spanking, and no, you are not too old for us to spank. You will not be spanked everytime you are punished though. Other punishments could be timeouts, groundings and whatever we see fits the crime. For instance, we do not want you to use bad words. If we hear you using a word that we don't want you to use we will warn you the first time. Every other time after that you will have your mouth washed out with soap. Mark, can you think of anything?"

"Just that if we haven't covered anything right now, then that doesn't mean it isn't a rule. We are first time parents and we don't know everything. You will have a chance to speak your peace without fear of being punished. However, if we feel you are just being obstinate, you will be punished. I see that you are artistically inclined. You like to play the guitar and draw. How would you like it if we set up the playroom so that you have an easel and a desk to draw at and a couch or chair to play your guitar?"

Cynthia nods. "Being picked on and being made fun of is no fun." She looks at Melanie. "Well I didn't there was going to be rules to follow in the house until you told me." Cynthia sighs. "Ok Melanie. I guess that will do for now. Though I would rather not go here anymore because I get laughed at,but I probably will no matter what school I go to. Will I be riding the school bus to and from school?" She wrinkles up her nose. "Yuck, I have to wash my hands before I eat. Next you will say I have to take a bath everynight. I've never been spanked before. The orphanage didn't spank. Mrs. Blanchard thinks it is abuse to hit a child." She looks at bit confused. "What if I said one,but it wasn't meant in a bad way. Would I still get my mouth washed out with soap? What does Obstinate mean?" She smiles a little bit. So I could have a studio to do what what I want and no one will be looking over my shoulder? That sounds like fun. Everyone was staring at me when I drew in my room and you saw what happened when I was playing my guitar. The little kids from the other wing showed up. They always do. Sometimes the older kids and the people who work at the orphanage show up too. It is like I am a musical magnet."

"I just thought you would want to stay with something you knew right now rather that be put in a strange situation. I know moving into a new family is going to be hard enough for you right now. We will have to see if they have a bus that comes out this way. Mark could also drop you off at school each morning and pick you up in the afternoon. Baths will depend on how dirty you are. You probably will be taking one every other night unless something happens that you need one sooner. It all depends on what you mean by 'hit' I guess. smacking the bottom with the hand or a paddle is different than beating up a chilld. Also, a spanking should never be done in anger. I doubt it will be used very much at all, so I wouldn't worry about it. It will depend on how will you accept other forms of punishment."

"I hope you never use any bad words, but I guess that would be too much to ask. I guess we can take into consideration why you said it. Obstinate means being stubborn or pig headed. Yes I guess you could call it a studio. No one outside of the family will be allowed in their unless they have permission first. Mark and I may go in there, but we would never disturb anything you have in there. I expect you to keep the room picked up though. You can have a project you are working on out on the table, but like with sheet music, I expect you to put it away after you finish using it. You will have to have your homework done before you can work in the studio though. We will get it set up for you as soon as possible."

"I need to ask you something that you might find a little embarrassing. I need to know if there are times that you wet your bed in your sleep. I am only asking because if you do I will need to protect the mattress by buying a plastic mattress cover. You mentioned that you slept on a bed like what is in your room now until just a couple of years ago. That seems a little old and I was wondering if it could have been because you had wetting problems or something?"

"Okay, I think that is all I need to go over with you now. I will start making a list of things we need to get at the store today so I won't forget anything while we are out."

Cynthia nods. "Yes moving in with you is hard enough. If it is like in the past. It will not be long before you get rid of me. So I mind as well not unpack. I won't be here long." She looks at Mark and then back at Melanie. "He doesn't talk much does he?" Cynthia nods. "I figured as much. They made me take bathes at the orphanage too. Hit means to strike something with something else." She shrugs. "I've never been punishment unless you count being sent back to the orphanage over and over again." Cynthia crosses her arms. "I'm not stubborn. Well maybe a little bit." She makes a disgusted face. "Yuck. I hate homework. It is so boring and it takes forever to do." Cynthia shakes her head. "No I don't wet the bed at night. Daytime is different. I have had a couple of accidents during the day. I start towards the bathroom and I get sidetracked. I forget about needing to go until it is too late and I go in my panties." She shakes her head again. "No the reason I slept in one of those beds is because it was the only bed open when I got sent back the last time. It was embarrassing to be in a room with girls from 2 to 6. The most embarrassing part was since I was in there. I had to wear protection at night because all the other girls did. Eventhough I didn't wet at night." Cynthia nods and gets up off the couch. She walks upstairs to her room and sets on the floor. Cynthia gets out her pad and colored pencils. She starts to draw while sucking her thumb.

• Like 1

"No, Mark isn't much of a talker. He usually says it's because he can't get a word in edgewise when I am talking too. Homework is a necessary part of life. Mark and I can help you with the work, so don't be afraid to ask questions."

Melanie and Mark listen as Cynthia explains about her accidents. Melanie is relieved that she won't be buying a plastic sheet for Cynthia's bed. She feels sorry for the way Cynthia has been treated. When Cynthia is finished talking and goes upstairs, Melanie turns to Mark.

"That girl has had such a hard life. I hope we can make her feel at ease here. Also, I am going to have to keep an eye on her so she won't have anymore daytime accidents. To be on the safe side I will buy extra panties and baby wipes for her to use when she changes. Let's go ahead and make out a list of things we need to get at the store, now that we've talked to Cynthia."

"that is a good idea. I've been thinking about what we will need to turn that downstairs room into a studio. I think we should have a couch in there, as well as a desk and an easel. We will have to get a music stand for her to put her sheet music on. I wonder if she plays any other instruments besides the guitar."

Melanie goes and gets a notepad and pencil and begins writing things down. She wanted to buy Cynthia a whole new wardrobe to wear. She hadn't got a look at the clothes Cynthia had brought from the orphanage, but she could imagine that Cynthia could use new ones. After about a half hour she had a page and a half of things she wanted to buy.

Cynthia shakes her head. "I don't see why it is necessary part of life. It is boring and has no useful purpose in real life. Who cares what the state captials in the other 49 states. The only one that matters is this state. Fractions are not useful either." She draws until she starts to get sleepy. Cynthia closes her pad and puts her pencils back in the box. She picks up Angie and crawls over the top of the railing on the bed. Cynthia lays down on the bed and falls asleep curled up on the bed sucking her thumb.

"well they are useful to you right now because they mean a good grade if you know them. They will be useful later in life, you just don't see it yet."

Melanie finishes the list and tears the pages out of the notepad. She shows the list to Mark.

"Here is what I have so far. If you can think of anything, add it to the bottom of the list. I am going to check on Cynthia. She is being really quiet. Not that I expect her to make a lot of noise with her drawing, but it will ease my mind to check on her.

Melanie started upstairs to check on Cynthia. She remembered that she hadn't taken any pictures of Cynthia. She was planning on starting a photo album of pictures of Cynthia but had forgotten to take any yet. She grabbed her digital camera from it's case and went to Cynthia's bedroom and peeked inside. She saw Cynthia lying on her side in the toddler bed, sucking her thumb and holding her doll.

Melanie lifted the digital camera and turned it on. She aimed it at Cynthia and made sure that the picture was in focus then pressed the shutter. Melanie had forgotten to turn off the flash, so their was a bright flash in the room, lighting up Cynthia and the toddler bed.

Cynthia stirs a little bit,but doesn't wake up. She rolls over in the bed and puts her back to Melanie. Cynthia slowly wakes up and looks out the window. She doesn't see any dark clouds in the sky. Cynthia rolls over and sees Melanie standing there. She sets up in the middle of the bed and looks at Melanie. "I thought I saw some lightning,but there wasn't any dark clouds in the sky."

"That was probably the flash from my camera. I just took your picture while you were sleeping. I want to have a photo album with lots of your pictures in it. We are getting ready to go shopping now. I want you to try and go to the bathroom before we leave, please. Meet us downstairs in the living room."

Cynthia nods. "Oh I see." She pouts. "I'm not a toddler. I'm a big girl. I don't need to be reminded to go potty." Cynthia stutters. "I mean go to the bathroom." She walks out of the bedroom and goes down to the bathroom. Cynthia closes the bathroom door and sets down on the toilet. She uses it and then wipes herself. Cynthia pulls up her panties and washes her hands. She goes back to her bedroom and puts her shoes on. Cynthia slides down the banster of the stairs. "Ok I'm ready."

"Yes I know you aren't a toddler, Cynthia. I apologize if you are offended, but like I told you I have never been a mother before. I just wanted to make sure you used the bathroom before we left."

Melanie goes downstairs and gets her purse and waits with Mark by the door. After a few minutes she sees Cynthia come sliding down the bannister. She shakes her head and starts out the door. As Mark walks around the car Melanie opens the back door so Cynthia can get in the car. She watches to make sure Cynthia buckles herself in before getting in the car herself.

"We are going to Walmart to shop. I know you said you have never been to one, so I thought it might be good for you to see what one is like. We will go to the bed department first and you can pick out a bed and the bedding you want on it."