LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers As An Older Child

I was potty trained in my 2s. However it almost seemed like my mom wanted me back in diapers. She was taking care of my kids one day (ones 1 1/2, the others 4+) and when we got home it turned out my 4 year old was wearing a pull up. She offered her the pull up and then she wanted another one after her bath. Didn't happen. It's one thing to feel an attraction to them when you're going through puberty, but another to have someone point you toward it. I don't think it's going to be an issue of whether or not she likes diapers though. She intentionally pooped her pants at the babysitter's and all she had was tape up diapers. The baby sitter tried to shame her but all she did was smirk. Hold any perverted comments you may have about my 4 year old please.

It was a one time thing...so far. The pull up was my mom's doing. She's always hinted about diapers so I think she's an undiagnosed DL.
I had no idea that diaper loving could be diagnosed is it painfull, are the tests to confirm it humiliating uncomfortable and embarrassing like incontinence or a cakewalk like an MRI ?

Yeah I am busting them , sorry
My parents wasted all there time potty training me so I could become incontinent in my 20's , I guess it fair neither lived to know that .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

I had no idea that diaper loving could be diagnosed is it painfull, are the tests to confirm it humiliating uncomfortable and embarrassing like incontinence or a cakewalk like an MRI ?

Yeah I am busting them , sorry
My parents wasted all there time potty training me so I could become incontinent in my 20's , I guess it fair neither lived to know that .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I would love to hear from others that had to wear diapers late into childhood similar to me. I was potty trained relatively late because my mom felt that keeping me in diapers fulltime was easier than cleaning accidents that I had during the few times she attempted to potty train me. Anyway, I remember having to stay in diapers well beyond the normal age of my peers and feeling very embarrassed about having to stay in diapers. I remember many instances where I was either in public in diapers or in my home with visitors that drew attention to the fact that I was still wearing diapers as an older child and this just added to the humiliation. I wore diapers day and night until I was 6 years old and at night until the age of 9. I finally grew to like wearing diapers and missed them once out of them. I was so thrilled to find this community and rekindle my AB/DL side.
You know I was in the same predictionment. I was still in diapers at six. I wore pampers. I was a pampers baby. My mom tried to train me and gave up after a while. I ran around in diapers like I was still two. Had my diapers changed in public also. I just never stopped wetting my pants. I had cute outfits. Plenty of onsies and rompers.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I am A DL  have been attracted to diapers since I was a kid I wear diapers because of incontinence and I got the usual stigma crap about " diapers are for babies" but trust me the diapers have been I lifesaver because this condition sucks.

I was diapered at night until age 6, and loved every minute of it. Sadly, I was taken out of day diapers at age 2. I have distinct memories of stealing my younger brother's diapers after I was out of them during the day, and then later from the daycare my mother worked for. For the record, I was either a Huggies or Luvs baby, which explains why I like the thick, bright white diapers today!

• 3 months later...

I was out of daytime diapers for the most part by the time I was 3. But I had  accidents if I wasn’t able to get to a bathroom quickly when I felt the need to pee. As a result, I was diapered when we were away from home for prolonged periods without quick access to a toilet until I was 8 or 9. When I was 14, I experienced a surgical mishap have had both day- and nighttime incontinence ever since.

My mother would always make me wear a nappy for long journeys until I was about 8 or 9 years old because I often wet my self and my Dad would have gone mad if I had peed on his car seats.

• Like 1

I was told that I was just about potty trained at a very young age but when I got sick that all fell apart. After I was potty trained prior to being ill, I wished very much that my mom would put me back in diapers because I was a bedwetter into my teenage years. I remember my mom finding makeshift diapers in my room and my little sister’s Goodnights. I had hoped that she would take that as I wanted to be put back in diapers but she would just put plastic sheets on my bed. When my brother, sister and I would go to visit my biological father we would stay in hotels and he would use bath towels as cloth diapers on us at night (something I’m sure the maids were not too thrilled about!) I also remember my cousin having to wear pull-ups into his teens but I didn’t have the guts to ask my aunt if I could wear one too!

As a frequent bedwetter, I wore nappies to bed every night until I was a little over 6 years old. When I was dry most nights, I moved to Dry-Nites, which I wore until I was about 8. Although I never hated having to wear nappies, I was happy for the convenience of the pull-ups and so I didn't miss the cloth nappies at that time.
I remember sometimes feeling awkward about wearing a nappy and plastic pants - like if I got out of bed and to get a drink of water and a guest or relative saw me. But actually sleeping in a nappy wasn't a problem - it was better than wet sheets.

Until I started school, I was also wetting my pants at least once a week. My aunt, who used to babysit me every day while my parents worked, would remove my wet clothes and then put a nappy on me for the rest of the day. Thankfully I only ever had two daytime accidents at school, and the school nurse gave my a dry set of pants from lost property to wear home.

I had a host of birth defects in my spine, bladder, bowels, etc., so I wore diapers 24/7 until I was 8 or 9. After that, my family switched me to pads and plastic pants, though honestly, my incontinence was so bad that they should have just left me in diapers longer. Throughout my childhood, I wet and messed like a baby, with basically no control whatsoever. I actually recently requested my medical records so I could try and fill in some gaps in my memories. I saw reports from the doctors explaining my problems, but the doctors did a pretty lousy job explaining everything to my parents, so I think they thought I was somewhat faking. (Side note: various medical reports noted how I "wore diapers constantly" and "continued to dribble continuously into my diaper.)

At home, my parents changed me until I was 7 or so. Sometimes, aunts or my grandma would change me, too. I also have many memories of being super embarrassed as my mom changed me in public (probably when I was 6 or younger), occasionally by having me lie on the cold floor or a bathroom stall, sometimes on the prickly grass in a park, and I *think* once or twice on a bathroom floor out in the open, because all the stalls were occupied. At school, the principal changed me until I was in first or second grade. Eventually, when I turned 8 (give or take a few months), my parents said I needed to start changing my own diapers from now on. As humiliated as I was about still being in diapers, having to change them myself was MUCH worse (at least at first) because it felt like a punishment for something I couldn't control. In grade school, my parents left changing supplies in the teachers' bathroom, which they arranged for me to use (diapers at first, then pads once they forced me out of diapers). In terms of appearances, I looked like a normal kid, except I walked with a slight limp (and of course, that obvious, bulky diaper under my jeans).

As you might have gathered, I spent tons of time in hospitals, from as far back as I can remember until I was 10 or 12. I had numerous surgeries and would often find myself in an exam room, wearing a hospital gown and a diaper... sometimes, ONLY a diaper. Add to that a few other scary things: having to wear a catheter almost every time I was in the hospital, the doctors forcing my parents to give me suppositories almost every morning between age 6 and 7, and believe it or not, the doctors talking my anti-circumcision parents into having me circumcised at age 7... though nobody explained to me what was about to happen!

Ha, no wonder I'm pretty fucked up, I guess.

...he would use bath towels as cloth diapers on us at night...

Yup, that sounds familiar. Whether we ran out of diapers, my parents would force me into a makeshift diaper--sometimes a pinned up towel, sometimes a bread bag with a washrag stuffed down at the bottom. It felt super-strange and scratchy, and I was always scared to use them, but incontinence is incontinence...

• 7 months later...

Speaking as one with Cerebral Palsy and incontinence I don't see where diapers have an age limit you can use the potty and need diapers there's nothing wrong with it I can remember using the potty at my babysitters house and wearing diapers. A diaper is simply a place to pee and poop something everybody does its no big deal.?

• 4 weeks later...

I think I was potty trained at a normal age...but started wetting the bed when I was 6. I recall getting out of the bathtub one night and mom and dad had diapers laid out for me.  Was mid-70's and I was put in cloth and baby pants.  

That continued nightly until I was 10. Then only the odd time after that. The morning routine was waddling out to the living room and having my diapers taken off, lying on a changing pad.

There were a few times I was diapered during the day...usually if I had an accident.  Those were the embarrasing diaper changes.

I wore diapers just to bed until almost 6 years old.  I'm not sure how people define "older child" because at 5 years old it was still common in the early 1960's for a kid to wear diapers to bed if they wet their bed, same as it is these days for kids that age and older to wear Goodnites if they have bed wetting problems.  It's when parents just keep their kids in day diapers after age 4 or 5 for reason's of their own laziness or whatever that it's wrong and abusive.  True, some kids may have day control issues but to just keep a kid in diapers because it may be easier or more convenient is not good.  I cringed when they showed the picture of the woman and her kids who were caught in the tear gas incident at the border a couple weeks ago.  The news was quick to state that people were gassed and even kids in diapers, but they never mentioned those 2 girls in the diapers were 6 years old!  Naturally, I don't know the circumstance of that woman and her kids trying to flee their country, but it still makes me cringe thinking of any child that age wearing diapers, especially openly wearing them without any other clothing covering them up.  Sad for the kids.

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I wore diapers just to bed until almost 6 years old.  I'm not sure how people define "older child" because at 5 years old it was still common in the early 1960's for a kid to wear diapers to bed if they wet their bed, same as it is these days for kids that age and older to wear Goodnites if they have bed wetting problems.  It's when parents just keep their kids in day diapers after age 4 or 5 for reason's of their own laziness or whatever that it's wrong and abusive.  True, some kids may have day control issues but to just keep a kid in diapers because it may be easier or more convenient is not good.  I cringed when they showed the picture of the woman and her kids who were caught in the tear gas incident at the border a couple weeks ago.  The news was quick to state that people were gassed and even kids in diapers, but they never mentioned those 2 girls in the diapers were 6 years old!  Naturally, I don't know the circumstance of that woman and her kids trying to flee their country, but it still makes me cringe thinking of any child that age wearing diapers, especially openly wearing them without any other clothing covering them up.  Sad for the kids.

Rusty Pins, as one of those kids that was kept in day time and night time diapers as an older child, wearing them in the daytime was definitely more challenging and impactful on me because they were obvious and a source of attention directed at me. I was constantly reminded of my diapered status throughout the day from the moment I woke up until bedtime.  Waking up in my soaked night diapers and having them changed into a fresh diaper for the day was my first reminder.  I would go through the day as a diapered child with them always on the back of my mind, with diaper checks and changes bringing them to the forefront.  I was self conscious about wearing diapers around other people and situations where attention was drawn to me because of my diapers.  Overtime, I got used to it and actually grew to like being diapered because I didn’t have to worry about accidents or disappointing anyone by having them.  I am not sure if it was right or wrong of my mom to keep me in diapers as a 4 and 5 year old, heck she diapered me well beyond those ages too for having accidents and at night.  I know that she returned me to diapers because I had difficulty with control for multiple reasons and my accidents became too much of a burden on her at some point.  I was returned to daytime diapers as both a matter of convenience for her,  and also because she apparently didn’t know what else to do and was a young mom without a good support network of advice to look for alternatives like a more methodical or patient approach to potty training me.  This is only conjecture because I have never really asked in depth why I was kept in diapers so late into childhood other than the comments my mom made to me over the years about being impossible to potty train and her frustrations with me as child that acted like a baby.  I don know that I resented my mom in some ways for choosing this path for me, which most certainly contributed to my love of diapers and ABDL lifestyle as an adult.  It wasn’t until therapy where I gained an acceptance of my childhood in diapers and let me feelings go.  This helped me accept myself today as an ABDL and to no longer be ashamed about it.  My therapist helped me understand that my mom did what she thought was best at the time, although it was probably not the best path to keep me in diapers so late into childhood without reintroducing potty training along the way.  As parents, we all struggle with what is right for our children and make it up at times when situations become difficult or are new or exhausting.  I am sure my mom would have preferred not having to change my diapers as a 5 year old, but even more frustrating must have been cleaning up my accidents while not diapered.  I remember coming home from school or from playing in the neighborhood after soiling my pants when finally out of diapers and the mess I made which threw my mom into a tailspin.  Her reaction was an immediate return to diapers for me, which solved the problem in her mind.  I guess she didn’t know what else to do with me and my struggles with control.  Once back in diapers, I did feel more at ease and content, albeit self conscious about it.  I would spend the rest of the day inside or in the backyard embarrasssed about being in diapers again and hide from my friends.  I have lots of memories of those days that is an entirely new topic altogether.  I hope this helps at least explain why parents or caregivers decide to keeping kids in diapers at older ages, right or wrong, depending on the circumstances.

And as I said, " some kids may have day control issues but to just keep a kid in diapers because it may be easier or more convenient is not good".  In your case, you had all kinds of day accidents and your mom really was at the end of her rope and finally put you back in diapers, even saying that you were impossible to train.  That was better than constantly having to change your underwear and pants all the time.  I expect some of your "accidents" later might even have been on purpose to get the attention since you said, "Overtime, I got used to it and actually grew to like being diapered because I didn’t have to worry about accidents or disappointing anyone by having them".  That is a different situation than what I was talking about.  It's one thing for a parent to have their older child wear diapers if they keep wetting their pants or messing themselves after all attempts to get them to stop have failed.  Either the kid has a medical issue or the kid is doing it on purpose because they like it or they like the attention.  It's wrong when a kid is trying to stay dry and not wet the bed and their parents feel that embarrassing them in front of friends and family by making them wear noting but a diaper in front of everyone will make them stop.  That is child abuse!  Big difference between putting the kid back in diapers because he purposely wets and messes his pants constantly, or making the kid wear a diaper as punishment because he wet the bed or just happen to one time have an accident (maybe being something he ate that didn't agree with his system).  I have seen so many people on welfare with their food stamps and their 5 and 6 year olds still obviously in diapers.  Not only that, but these people are always yelling at their kids, slapping them and just abusing them when they aren't even doing anything wrong.  Those are the "lazy" people I spoke about.  Those who keep their kid in diapers because it takes too much to try and train them and those who use diapers as punishment for bedwetting or the occasional accident are the ones I think are abusers.

Rusty, thanks for clarifying and following up on your earlier comments about which situations you were referring to about when it is and is not appropriate to diaper older kids.  I do believe my situation was unique and don’t begrudge my mom for her decision to return me to diapers fulltime after my bout of accidents.  It was probably the only thing she thought she could do at the time to get through this stage with me.  I don’t think my accidents were ever on purpose because I did struggle with control and understanding my body’s signals about when to use the potty.  I did feel more comfortable and secure in my diapers, and did enjoy the positive attention that came with them,  it the flip side was the negative attention and sense of self consciousness about being in diapers well past the normal potty training age.  While my mom never really paraded me around in obvious diapers, there were many situations and events that drew attention to my diapered status, and I remember being changed in the women’s restroom, back of the car or over places where I felt I was on display.  I was likely hyper sensitive about it, but I still cringe to remember those moments when all eyes were on me as a diapered older kid.  Nothing like having your preschool teacher take your hand and parade you through the playground with a fresh diaper in her hand as I was taken to the baby room for my diaper change or have your mom do the same thing at a public park, the beach or local swimming pool.  I guess I am saying that the attention you refer to was not without consequences.  However, I do think my quote about diapers relieving my anxiety of not disappointing anyone with accidents sums it up pretty well.  At the end of the day, I wish my potty training was done differently, i.e. more inline with my readiness, and I would have loved a do over!  Hope this helps.