LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing Diapers As An Older Child

I would love to hear from others that had to wear diapers late into childhood similar to me. I was potty trained relatively late because my mom felt that keeping me in diapers fulltime was easier than cleaning accidents that I had during the few times she attempted to potty train me. Anyway, I remember having to stay in diapers well beyond the normal age of my peers and feeling very embarrassed about having to stay in diapers. I remember many instances where I was either in public in diapers or in my home with visitors that drew attention to the fact that I was still wearing diapers as an older child and this just added to the humiliation. I wore diapers day and night until I was 6 years old and at night until the age of 9. I finally grew to like wearing diapers and missed them once out of them. I was so thrilled to find this community and rekindle my AB/DL side.

• Like 2

I would love to hear from others that had to wear diapers late into childhood similar to me. I was potty trained relatively late because my mom felt that keeping me in diapers fulltime was easier than cleaning accidents that I had during the few times she attempted to potty train me. Anyway, I remember having to stay in diapers well beyond the normal age of my peers and feeling very embarrassed about having to stay in diapers. I remember many instances where I was either in public in diapers or in my home with visitors that drew attention to the fact that I was still wearing diapers as an older child and this just added to the humiliation. I wore diapers day and night until I was 6 years old and at night until the age of 9. I finally grew to like wearing diapers and missed them once out of them. I was so thrilled to find this community and rekindle my AB/DL side.

I find your post depressing and yet uplifting at the same time, for I was your opposite ;) My Dad refused to allow me protection so I got the same derision for wetting my pants. I would have killed to be allowed to wear the diapers I needed if it would have worked :o The dichotomy arises when you consider that diapers can be concealed while wet pants are obvious. Neither would be optimum but you were luckier than you know- even if you don't see it that way. The he!! of my childhood will always haunt me as it forever changed how I see people- the truth of their propensity to have fun at someone else's expense :angry2: The knowledge that people don't want someone who is inherently different around them :( The consistent overlooking of wrongs to please the majority because it's the easier way :bash: Neither of us had it good- neither of us wanted what we got- and both of us suffered for things we couldn't help :huh: Let it become a lesson to all that children need their problems addressed properly and that wrongfulness openly expressed should never be tolerated B) We are all humans, all different, and all with different issues, fears, and problems we don't want. We should help each other, not hurt each other and that should be firmly taught at the earliest age it can be understood at :)

Bettypooh

*Sigh* I kinda find your postdepressing as well, Mike. My dad started potty training me right before I turned two and took away my pacis by the time I was one and a half. O would've given anything to be able to stay in my diapers for a while longer. I even remember being like four or five and asking my mom to get me Pull-ups after a pull-ups commercial came on during an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos. I wonder if she remembers that and thinks its funny that I', AB now, lol.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

Hi Mike In Diapers,

All the time I was growing up at home, my extended family was diaper-friendly. My maternal Granny Vi, my Mom and her sister Betsy had no bladder control, before I was born all were in diapers 24/7. Therefore it was assumed all of Granny's grand daughters would eventually have urinary problems. I have been told a million times I was day dry at 30 months and completely out of diapers at 33 months. However, my bladder remained small and over-active. Same is true of my older and two younger sisters.

Our family did a lot of exciting activities together, usually including long drives and often a long ways from toilets or even PortaPotties. Mom would ask us very nicely to wear diapers on trips. Even as a kid it seemed so logical to simply use my diaper instead of whining for a potty stop. Then when I was at home or in school I would use a toilet like most people. None of us was ever teased about our diapers. At home stacks of gauze diapers and vinyl panties were in plain sight in the bedrooms.

When I was 8 we were on a trip and eating in a nice restaurant. Before going back to the car Mom took us into the ladies room for dry diapers. While I was on the counter being changed I saw a girl shorter than me walk in alone. She went into a stall. Very soon the toilet flushed and she came out, washed her hands and left. That shocked me. Clearly that girl had not changed her own diaper. It made no sense to me her parents were so irresponsible as to let her wear panties and not a diaper. While Mom changed my younger sister I asked why that strange girl was diaperless. Mom answered that it takes all sorts of folks to make a world, and some of those people do not wear diapers.

Sure enough at puberty I did revert to bedwetting and at 21 I lost all my urinary control. By then I was so used to changing diapers to me they are simply less convenient undies. Or, undies that preclude needing unscheduled toilet breaks. I must say that since I started law school in 1985, in diapers 24/7, I have never had to ask a professor, judge or client for a break so I could use a toilet. Honestly I consider this a huge advantage. I totally believe Granny and Mom were correct to raise us in the diaper-friendly way.

• Like 1

In the past few years I realized I didnt have an interest in diapers until after an incident I had at my grandparents when I was 5. To be honest this was probably because I hadn't had any newer siblings since being potty trained. Anyhoo I was at grandmas for the day and for some reason I was having poop trouble, dont recall what. And was inside on the potty then when i was outside i had to go again and went in the barn thingy in the backyard. Somehow gramma found out and put me in a cloth pullup potty-training style diaper and made me take a nap. I do remember feeling embarrassed and too big to wear such a thing. Then after my sister was born I decided to try some of hers on and it hit me- i liked em. Then in 88 at age 8 after my youngest brother was born my mom came upstairs and caught me sitting on the bed in full view wearing a diaper.. I felt so stupid.. I know we all sometimes wish we could wear diapers and years later i got my wish, and you know how they say be careful what you wish for.

In 1990 at age 10 I was severely burned in an explosion doing stupid stuff in a scrap yard. As a result i lost my hands, feet, and my hearing was damaged. Also affected was my bowels. For 5 years i dealt with pretty much 24/7 constipation. By all logic you assume i woulda been diapered that entire time. But i was only diapered in the hospital and just once at camp the summer before i regained control the following year. I like to think back to all the memories, some of the enjoyable ones and even some of the harder ones. Diapers definietly made a very difficult time a lil easier to bear, and tbh I jonestly thought they were permanenent or else i woulda enjoyed em more. Easily though the most embarrassing moment was my first christmas after being burned, i was on a day trip outta the hospital at grandparents. Later in the day my mom took me to my grandparents room and started to change me, then my younger bro who was also burned but not as bad got the attention of my cousin followed by all my siblings and other cousin.. I was mortified.. So many experiences.. Hehe once a lil girl who was in the hospital actually asked me if i wanted to play baby with her lol. She knew i wore diapers sometimes, i was 11 and she was 5. She was shot in the leg during the riots in Panama i think in 90 or 91. That same girl saw me getting diapered in the therapy room after a night of enemas and throwing up and asked the lady why i was wearing a diaper and she told her cause i was very sick. At that point i felt so much like crap didnt care who knew... Another memory i have didnt involve actual wearing but i was getting ready for a daytip to the train museum and while getting ready the nurse put a few thinghs in a bag just in case, including about 3 diapers.. Situations like that make me look back and think/wonder/wish would done something differently like what if i did something during that outing to warrant diapering, ya know?

Ahh so many memories but been so long. And now because i am an amputee after all and i've had control sinxce 95 i dont need nor wear diapers but badly want to. Everyone just says ask ur brother to diaper you. Nooooo thank you, we all know how our reationships between family/friends go and this wouldnt go well. Just gotta keep the faith i can find somebody. So thats my 2 cents on being diapered as an older child.

I was in diapers untill I was 3 years old. I wanted to stay in diapers but my mother and father wouldn't let me. When I was 5 years old I would steal my sisters diapers (she was 2 years old) and wear them. I got caught when I was 6 and my mom made me wear diapers to school and at home and I wasn't allowed to use the bathroom. I didn't want to wear diapers then cause every one at school called me a baby and crap like that (went on for a week but felt like forever) and I begged my mom and told her that I would steal my sisters diapers anymore. I did have a problem with wetting the bed though so I was diapered during my sleep. That went on until I was 7 years old. When I hit 14 I started wetting the bed again but I was to afraid to say anything about it. Well Mothers aren't stupid or blind and I found my dresser drawer where my pajamas were had a pack of huggies (yeah they fit me) and I wore them to bed. I was embarassed to hell and never said anything until I didn't wet the bed anymore (a little less than a year later) and stopped wearing them to bed but I would hide them in my closet until the diapers were gone and a new pack was in my drawer. I would wait until my parents were gone some where and wear the diapers around the house. I'd rarely wet them but a few times I did. I got busted by my mom yet again trying to throw out some wet diapers and she went off on me. Now my mom knows and doesn't care that I wear diapers (but still thinks it's weird). She comes over to my house every once in a while and cleans it for me while I'm at work and leaves notes on what she cleaned and notes saying "Please get your diapers outside in the trash instead of in the garbage. It smells like pee in here and it's not from the cats! Don't let this wreck the value of your first house that you own."

Sorry for any type-o's, misspelling or grammar mistakes, I'm in a hurry to go out.

I was a fairly late trainer myself, but not drastically. I wore diapers 24/7 until I was three, and I had to wear them at night until I was five or six. I knew I was too old for them and wanted to get out of them so badly, but once I was, I missed them--I wanted to be able to wear them on my own terms. I would sometimes get my mom to buy a pack for me so I could play "baby" in them (embarrassed as I felt about this), but the diapers disappeared altogether by the time was was eight and growing self-conscious about my secret fixation.

• 7 years later...
On 12/19/2009 at 0:08 AM, mike indiapers said:

Edited by DailyDi
No photos of kids

I wasn't potty trained until roughly 4 1/2 years of age, partly because of my Aspberger's and partly because I was a really stubborn kid. I was dry during the day after potty training, but I wet the bed for a little while after (not exactly sure how long until I was dry at night).

I think I might have stolen my younger brother's diapers a few times, but honestly, I can't remember.

Same here. I wasn't out of diapers in the day until 6 and I scarcely remember wearing pants over them. I think the only time that happened was when the weather called for it because I do remember in preschool when my mom would drop me off in the morning my pants would be pulled off so my diaper could be checked or changed if needed and then I wouldn't

I wasn't out of daytime diapers til I was 5. At 4 I was almost trained and I broke my leg and my mom decided to not potty train me since My leg was in a cast. Nighttime I was til 12 and it came back permanently at 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was potty trained at 2.5 and didn't think about diapers until I watched an older girl deliberately wet her pants and get put in diapers for the rest of the day and while we were playing in the afternoon she let me touch her diaper while she peed in it. About a week later I was grocery shopping with my mom and we went down the diaper aisle and as soon as I saw the boxes of Pampers I begged her to buy me some. She did and I returned to diapers 24/7 until I was 6.5 and then again when I was 8 until I was almost 10.

Kind of opposite of most people here, I was potty trained very early on and by all accounts it was my own choice. My sister was much later. My parents pretty much let us do our own thing. I didn't become interested until later (early pre-teen maybe?). Not entirely sure why but looking at the listings for incontinence supplies in the Sears catalog did something for me. It's always been a non-sexual medical fetish thing for me. I never tried to get back into baby diapers and it never really had much interest for me. I remember being 13 or so and fantasizing about being an adult so I could buy adult diapers.

I have never really been out of them I have always worn at night.

However one incident stands out. We were in a hotel my parents had a double bed and I a single in the same room. And I remember being really embarrassed one night at being in a nappy and a huge pair of plastic pants. I think it must have been the pants. I never wore them before but my mum insited I wore them as an extra protection for the bed. Maybe the hotel hadn't put the standard waterproof cover on the bed. Watching tv as a family so closely in just a nappy and huge plastic pants was odd. Yet at home wearing a nappy and t shirt around the house was perfectly normal.

• 4 weeks later...

I was potty trained early but always had an attraction to diapers since I can remember. I've told this story before but here goes. I was about 4 and in daycare. We played down on mats in the main entrance to the daycare center when one of the ladies that worked there brought this new kid over who was roughly my same age that was wearing a t-shirt and plastic diaper(early 80s). The kid was apparently potty training and raised his hand telling the daycare lady that he had to pee. She thought for a second and responded, "just go in your diaper". I was so excited and jealous.

1 hour ago, PlstkBakdnghtnday said:

I was potty trained early but always had an attraction to diapers since I can remember.

I can absolutely relate to this, I was potty trained at the age of two but as far as I can tell my fascination for diapers was already there. I was allowed to wear a diaper until the age of seven or eight years old if I asked for them. Cloth diapers and plastic pants were always available at that time. I expect it to stay that way for it hasn

I have alway been attracted to diapers

I think I was forced into potty training before i was ready around age 2 to 3 and I wasn't wanting to stop wearing diapers and to use the toilet instead

• 2 months later...