LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Exactly Is A Sissy?

Hiya Everyone,

I am Curious, because I honestly Have no idea, but I know that here, I won't be critized for Asking, But what Exactly is a Sissy? Thanks in Advance for your Explaination, so that I can Learn.

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2010!biggrin.gif

I'm not one so I'll give you an outsider's perspective. It's a cross between a male Adult Baby (AB) with a cross-dresser. Yeah, I know I just used two disinct terms when everyone is really a shade of gray, but that gets to the gist of it.

Hmmm, it is a hard one, I don't think a sissy is just a guy who likes to be a little girl, more that its a guy who likes to play a little girl in the 50's with all the ruffles, pinks, etc that goes with it. They seem to like the tradition baby girl look over a more modern baby girl look (which isn't that much different from the modern baby boy look really)

Ok, the following is not carved it stone but as long as I have been one, this covers it pretty good.

• Sissies ~ Sissy is an umbrella word that originally means young sister. It can be used for affection and friendship for girls. Sissy is used so persuasively it can replace any given name. The actress Sissy Spacek, whose name is actually Mary Elizabeth, is a well known person known as Sissy. Others that thought in a pretty sexist way started using it on guys who they thought were weak because they thought being effeminate is somehow weak but transgender women who love being effeminate turned that around and use it as a compliment for what it should be used as. Like gay people did with queer. Both Transgender women and Non-Transgender women can use it for its original meaning or to say they love being very girly fem or baby girly fem. They take the word sissy as a compliment because lovely feminity is a wonderful thing if thats how someone loves to express themselves as!
  • Adult Baby Girls ~ Adult Baby Girls can be any girls that love to be in touch with their inner babygirl. Which can also be called AB or infantilism.
  • Sissy Baby Girls ~ Sissy Baby Girls can be any Adult Baby Girls that like to wear uber fem baby outfits.
  • Sissy Baby Boys ~ Sissy Baby Boys are almost the simular to Sissy Baby Girls except they identify as males. Sissy Baby Boys often like to express themselves in wonderfully creative outfits spanning both genders, but almost always in childlike styles. They mostly appreciate outfits that are as pretty and feminine as possible while still retaining a "boy" quality, as well as ballet costumes.
  • Trangender ~ Transgender It is an umbrella word too that can include anybody with a various gender identity. Like transvestites, transsexuals, etc. Transsexual people are people with a different gender identity that is written on their original birth certificate. Recently scientists have found they are literally born with the brain of the opposite sex (in various ways depending on each individual) that people saw them as before.
  • Adult Little Girls ~ Adult Little Girls love to be young girls that are a few years past babies.
  • AB Fem ~ AB Fem is a mixture of the love of Adult Babies (AB) and Feminization (Fem)
  • Lolita Fashion ~ Lolita Fashion is another word for adults that like to dress as little girls. Especially styles inspired by the Victorian and Rococo period. This meaning is distinctive because it originated from a fashion style in Japan.

• Like 1

Thanks, diaprbayb. I'm glad this isn't carved in stone, because I see bits and pieces of me in several of those classifications! It certainly is difficult to pin down exactly what a sissy is. I imagine there are some who fit one of those names exactly, but many others that are a mix of many.

• 1 month later...

when im in sissy mode i like to be in dresses, frilly ones or very girly. I want to feel inocent and as little girlish as i can with someone else making all decsions and making me act prissy. Thats what kind of abdl sissy i am To me it takes place inside and out or mind over matter lol

Also, I've noticed many sissies enjoy super "OMG frillies!" type clothing, maybe something like this...Wearing frillies like that would make me gag. The frilliest thing I'd wear would probably be something like this.

Hallo moggle,

The frillier you dress the more like they will consider you a male transvestite. When I am in such über feminine attire people are supprised that my breasts are genuine.

Kvetinka

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is an older post, a couple of weeks, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents. I consider myself to be a sissy. I love pretty dresses, like the ones at leannesprettydresses.com. I also really love wearing school uniforms, plaid pleated skirt with a white blouse and knee high socks, with either saddle shoes or mary jane's. I also love the sailor style of uniform, sera fuku they are called. That is probably my favorite type of dress. I also love satin lingerie, and wear satin panties on a regular basis. Sometimes though I just enjoy a nice skirt and blouse that looks older. So for me I run through all age ranges with my sissy wardrobe. So for me at least it's just a boy who likes dressing in pretty things. I never want to be thought of as a girl when I'm dressed in girls clothes. I want to be a sissy boy wearing girls clothes. It just adds to the wonderful humiliation factor. I remember once I went through a drive thru at a fast food place. I wore my normal clothes, but under a navy sweat shirt I wore a peter-pan collared blouse. The look I got from the girl at the first window was one shock and she was giggling as she took my money. When I pulled up to the next window to get my food that girl was hanging out staring at me, wanting to see the 'freak' wearing a blouse. It was the best! To me that's what a sissy is, a guy who wears not just woman's clothes, but really feminine looking stuff.

For me, it means being gender undefined and puts me off

by "gender" I mean masculine or feminine, not male or female. This is psychological and is an active trait As a girl, I adhere to girl things; dolls, dresses, tea parties, tiaras, that kind of thing. To me, from my experience in the world and to a certain extent reflected here, "sissy" is either an effeminate boy; doing girl things but still classed as a boy or a gender-free boy, that is a boy with either a veneer of girl or one so lacking in boyishness that he becomes classed as "girlish" by default on the order of "if it is not a boy [behaviorally] then it is a girl"

Now we can get into the meaning of the term "sissy" and what comes up is that it is an epithet used on a boy for not being boyish like "fairyhopper".

As a "little" I am all girl. When I was with the girls or "LG" at GirlTalk to, we used to discuss things like Fairies; which I am reputed to be half, full-circle skirts and dressed and how we love to twirl around and watch the skirts fill out and flutter, tiaras, Once a girl puts on her first tiara, she is never the same, dolls and things like that.

"Baby" gets involved in a few ways. The nursery is a feminine place and baby clothes with the ruffles and things were taken as feminine as well as the submissiveness to "mommy" that is inferred from it. Also, girls were percieved to have more accidents and were in diapers and rubber panties on occasion unitl they were almost 8 for long trips or other reasons such that diapers and rubber panties were considered more girlish than anything else and rubber and plastic, being very smooth like satin and silk, and the material of choice for some aprons and raincapes, worn by woeman and girls in the 1940's and 50's, joined those two materials in the feminine category and it was women who wore rubber girdles. On the whole "baby" was considered feminine or effeminate for a boy so it gets lumped in with "sissy". Hence "sissy baby" and "sissy girl" was just to be insulting to the target implying that he wanted to be a boy to start with. It goes something like this, Some 45 years ago, a friend of mine (who knew nothing of "Christine") and I were with some other friends and were doing "game war", sort of like "plalying the dozens" but it's single combat. He called me "tiara girl". I needed a quick comeback and saw no deflective retort so my best shot was to make him "worse than a girl" and replied "tiara BOY". That took a couple of beats to sink into the crew's minds but sink in it did. After that couple of beats their came from the others a chorus of "ooooooo".

Like real girls we would be very uncomfortable discussing girls' things with boys, of any kind. In fact, in the outside world, girls used to torment "sissies" worse than the boys did, considering them as what would be trolls in modern terms; and I am talking about little girls who accepted me as one of their own. If a girl called you a "little sissy" in the sneering voice that only an 8 or 9 year old girl is capable of, you might as well just die and get it over with because if the girls noticed it, then the label was stuck on with Super Glue and you were finito.

That is why I feel ill at ease having this as the only place to discuss girl things (see my blog) and why I wish that we had a girls' room

Thanks to Everyone for your Responses. I think I have a better understanding Now.

I think the "problem" is that the term itself has no exact meaning but is used as verbal shorthand. It is used to connote more than denote. Like "selfish", which, by usage, means anything from concern with one's legitimate interests to wanting what is not properly one's to pursue or "atheism" runs the gamut from not belieiving in God for no specific reason to belief in a system of the Universe that, by nature, excludes belief in God (usually as part of rejection of Supernaturalism), "sissy" seems to be inclusive of boys and girls (in the psychological, not physical, sense) and in the non-AB world is almost exclusively used for boys and references what they lack rather than being girlish of trait, personality, proclivities or temparament, on the order of "If you lack these boyish attributes or behviors, you are a girl or girlish by default". If you read my blog, you will see that this was not true with me and that this was deliberaately brought about for specific reasons to meet specific conditions.

A very interesting thread. Very thoughtful answers from everyone too. A sissy can mean a lot of things. I guess it depends on the context of how it is used. I take it to mean, a feminized male, who dresses in frilly or "Little Girl" type of outfits.post-2702-12671187078761_thumb.jpg

post-2702-12671187078761_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, the following is not carved it stone but as long as I have been one, this covers it pretty good.

• Sissies ~ Sissy is an umbrella word that originally means young sister. It can be used for affection and friendship for girls. Sissy is used so persuasively it can replace any given name. The actress Sissy Spacek, whose name is actually Mary Elizabeth, is a well known person known as Sissy. Others that thought in a pretty sexist way started using it on guys who they thought were weak because they thought being effeminate is somehow weak but transgender women who love being effeminate turned that around and use it as a compliment for what it should be used as. Like gay people did with queer. Both Transgender women and Non-Transgender women can use it for its original meaning or to say they love being very girly fem or baby girly fem. They take the word sissy as a compliment because lovely feminity is a wonderful thing if thats how someone loves to express themselves as!
  • Adult Baby Girls ~ Adult Baby Girls can be any girls that love to be in touch with their inner babygirl. Which can also be called AB or infantilism.
  • Sissy Baby Girls ~ Sissy Baby Girls can be any Adult Baby Girls that like to wear uber fem baby outfits.
  • Sissy Baby Boys ~ Sissy Baby Boys are almost the simular to Sissy Baby Girls except they identify as males. Sissy Baby Boys often like to express themselves in wonderfully creative outfits spanning both genders, but almost always in childlike styles. They mostly appreciate outfits that are as pretty and feminine as possible while still retaining a "boy" quality, as well as ballet costumes.
  • Trangender ~ Transgender It is an umbrella word too that can include anybody with a various gender identity. Like transvestites, transsexuals, etc. Transsexual people are people with a different gender identity that is written on their original birth certificate. Recently scientists have found they are literally born with the brain of the opposite sex (in various ways depending on each individual) that people saw them as before.
  • Adult Little Girls ~ Adult Little Girls love to be young girls that are a few years past babies.
  • AB Fem ~ AB Fem is a mixture of the love of Adult Babies (AB) and Feminization (Fem)
  • Lolita Fashion ~ Lolita Fashion is another word for adults that like to dress as little girls. Especially styles inspired by the Victorian and Rococo period. This meaning is distinctive because it originated from a fashion style in Japan.

Very insightful.

I am often asked the difference between CD and sissy. My answer and opinion is;

a CD enjoys lingerie and feeling feminine. There is no great desire to be female, just feminine.

a sissy is a very animated femme. It is an umbrella, as with most, sometimes inspired by submission, age regression and humiliation.

• 3 weeks later...

when im in sissy mode i like to be in dresses, frilly ones or very girly. I want to feel inocent and as little girlish as i can with someone else making all decsions and making me act prissy. Thats what kind of abdl sissy i am To me it takes place inside and out or mind over matter lol

I think you've hit on something very noteworthy here when you wrote, "when I'm in sissy mode." That's important. We're both guys and we both have typical "straight" guy traits (liking sports, giving in to moments of aggression, etc.). Sometimes I feel the need to step away from that masculinity and let my feminine side just pour out, raw and unadulterated, and that's when I become very girly indeed. It's a release. As much as I love being male, I don't like being masculine 24/7/365. Every month or so, I've got to have a night where my female self takes over. I have no desire to be a sissy all the time, but I sure do know what it's like to get "those feelings" and have to be one, just for a release. Being a sissy, when I need to be, keeps me sane.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think of our kind of sissy as a Male Cross Dressing Little Girl.

I think of the opposite as Fissy's, but it doesn't seem to catch on.

To me a sissy is a very prissy little girlie booy or man like myself. included is a pic of myself before being taken out in public. sissy phylisspost-29248-12728184984881_thumb.jpg

post-29248-12728184984881_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hiya Everyone,

I am Curious, because I honestly Have no idea, but I know that here, I won't be critized for Asking, But what Exactly is a Sissy? Thanks in Advance for your Explaination, so that I can Learn.

Depends on who you ask. ;)

To me it's anyone who wears frilly things instead of "normal" adult styles, though the term is generally used to refer to males who are "feminine" pretty much anyone can be a sissy. Many TG are sissies as well.