LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time You Bought Your Own

Oh I did remember one more thing.....

I was a cashier at K-Mart and a mother and her 10 or 11 year old son came threw my line to check out. There were different things that they were buying like some clothes for him and some school supplies or something like that. The thing that caught my eye, AND the eyes of they boy, was a package of Luvs size 6 and some Gerber plastic pants, toddler sized. When I took those and scanned them the boy looked real nervous but when I picked up the plastic pants to scan them he got red in the face and looked like he wanted to run and hide. I tried to be professional and just check them out like anyone else but I had to say something. I think I said "schools starting soon, you have to be prepared with everything you need." The mom looked at me and grinned while the boy turned redder and redder. It was great but I feel bad about making him so uncomfortable.

• 2 months later...

i bought my first diapers off of ebay two years ago. i was living alone in a big apartment building at the time, so i didn't have much to worry about. i spent a good week or two mulling it over, working up the nerve to go through the checkout process and then closing the browser before hitting PAY. finally i managed to do it, and a week later on my day off work i watched as the mailtruck pulled up outside of the apartment building. the mailman got out with a beige package under his arm, and walked towards my building. a moment later, the buzzer came on, and i let him in.

20 seconds later, there's a knock at my door. i open it up, and he hands me the package and gives me this strange, critical-yet-curious look. i shut the door quickly and threw the package into my closet in embarrassment. 15 minutes later i went back to the closet and spent some time looking the package over... no wonder the mailman gave me a look, the customs tag said right on it, "diapers"!! damn! but it was well worth it, that Pampers aroma enveloped my senses as i opened the package... that was great.

then a month later i worked up the nerve to purchase my first diapers in person. it was winter, and i left home around 8 at night, and caught a bus out to the other side of town. i went into the Safeway where i knew nobody i know would be at, and spent 10 minutes walking around, scoping out the other shoppers, picking up some random items, and then i went into the diaper aisle with a little grocery list on some scrap paper. i pretended to consult the paper, as if i were following instructions. i chose the XL Underjams, and walked to the checkout. i picked the counter that was run by an older asian guy, i think it was the express counter. i remember the guy in front of me buying two large containers of ketchup, and the guy behind me had 8 liters of milk... so i didn't feel as though i stuck out so much. it was still a fun, exciting experience, though! i put them in my backpack and caught the bus home, and put one on as soon as i got inside my apartment.

When I had just turned 17 Mom and I concluded I could not wash gauze diapers at university. Mom left it up to me to select the brand and style/size disposables I would need. That was 1981, before www, so I read several magazines. Attends seemed to be the leading brand. I saw them in supermarkets. That was many years before I learned to drive, so it was Mom who gave me a lift to the supermarket when I bought my first diapers. Until then Mom or Granny bought all the Curity gauze diapers and Gerber vinyl pants we all wore.

I was not the least embarrassed buying those Attends. However, when we got home and I tried to put them on as the PT had told me, they were too large. The store only sold Medium and larger. I had to wait until the next Monday morning to talk by phone with the Attends customer support lady. Once I told her my size she said she was not sure if I needed a Youth or Adult Small. In 1981 Attends also made an even smaller "Junior" which was about the same as a current Size 6.

That nice customer support lady gave me the address and phone number of the closest medical supply store that stocked Youth and Small. Although it was then 9am at Attends in North Carolina, it was shortly after 6am in California. I waited and waited until 9am to phone the medical supply store. They tried to give me directions, but I put Mom on to hear those.

Before going to work Mom drove me to the medical store and waited in the car. It seems that meanwhile Attends had phoned that store to explain what had happened and asking them to give me a box each of Youth and Small as a factory sample. The store owner was super nice and friendly.

Once Mom dropped me off at our house I rushed inside. I started with the Small and they fit me nicely on the second try. I phoned the store to tell them and ask if they wanted me to return the un-opened box of Youth. The store owner replied that was not necessary and to donate them if I wanted. Actually Missy was almost 12 and the Youth still fit her, so she wore them to bed several times while I was getting used to the Small. Before I left home Granny drove me back to that store to buy two boxes of Small to take with me on the plane. Fortunately back then I was not charged for the extra checked suitcase full of Attends, Desitin and waterproof sheets!

Went to Wal-Mart and bought a pack of Huggies GoodNites. Was nervous as heck but I did it. Made sure to go late at night so as few people as possible were there. Went to the back of the store where the baby area was, grabbed the pack and walked to the front of the store to check out. Felt like everyone was staring at me when I was standing waiting. Not every day you see a 20 year old guy buy a pack of girls GoodNites I guess. As a warning to anyone who tries this, just remember that late at night there are less people checking out so you will have to wait with your diapers. It sucked but I'd totally do it again.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't have the nerve alone. I would have bought online. My wife went with me to walmart. We looked, found cheap assurance underwear for men and put them in the cart. Went to grab a few other things and bought it all. Wasn't that bad with her there.

We also bought an enema to try out on me next week. That was worse than diapers in my opinion. The checkout lady gave us both odd looks.

I remember the first time I bought my own nappies.

I was about 16 and I went to a friends house on my bmx a couple of towns over (not much of a ride) we went to the supermarket where we wandered aimlessly for about half an hour or so we found ourselves in the baby isle and that's when I saw a blue packet containing dry-nites and my eyes lit up. That when I decided to get some on my way home. So I'm there with 2 packets of dry-nites and some other random items in a basket with a heart as fast as a hummingbird at the checkout. The woman on the till gave me a funny look but I didn't care (too nervous) so I paid and left then rode home and the rest is history

The first time I bought diapers I went the online route. It was easy and convenient, the only thing I had to worry about was making sure I got to the package before mom. So it was summer time a couple years ago that I did this and I remember the day the package came. It was an average weekday off from school and no work. Its probably about mid day and of all days my mom decides to hang out with me in my room... We were just watching TV together and chatting and I see the UPS truck pull up outside and the doorbell rings. I told my mom it was probably a "model" I ordered that week so I rushed down to get it. Now I had to figure out where to put it, obviously not my room so I ran in the basement and hid it in the little storage room we had down there. I had to wait till my mom wasn't home to bring it and hide it under my bed. All in all it was a pretty thrilling experience to say the least.

Now the second time I got a package I decided to order a case of Abena X-plus's. I arranged it so I would pick up the package at the UPS store rather than have to hope no one at home gets it before me. I got the call to come pick the package up and its HUGE. The guys there were looking at me kinda funny, I think they might have known what it was, but oh well I never saw them again. I had to fit the package in my car, by the grace of god the entire box JUST fit into my trunk. I had a whole plan on how to now get them into my house. I had a few paintball duffel bags in my car and I would divide the case up among them and bring them in the house when possible. So I went to a local park which has a big parking lot so I could open the case and divide up the bags of diapers. This was also kinda funny/exciting hoping no one would pull up next to me or see what I was doing. Eventually I got them all under my bed and I still have about half the case left, plus the inserts (I only get an opportunity to wear them a few times a year :-/)

The first time I bought diapers, I went to the Safeway about 3 minutes away, early morning before I went to school so I had a backpack, walked in, waffled over girls or boys GoodNites, bought girls XL, paid went to mall bathroom, put one on, rest in backpack. The only hard thing was not letting anyone look into my backpack and getting them out after school at home.

• 2 weeks later...

so im only new here but i decided to share my experience.

i read on here buy it with a birthday card as a cover up, i have always wanted to buy some and decided that would be a way to go. went there, bought them, and that was it, no weird looks or nothing. mind you they were only pull-ups for kids but it is always scary at first.

Guest Wetnmessy247

One of the first packs I bought prely for me, I was eleven at the time. Walked down the street to the store on a school day after faking sick, used my lunch money I had saved for some time, and bought a little pack of pampers. I was small enough at the time they fit me perfectly. As soon as I got home, I was alone because parents worked at the time, as soon as I got in I ran to my bedroom and wet myself in front of the mirror. I wanted to see the diaper just bulge out from the peepee. I wasn't into messing back then so I didn't do it. But had I been into it, I would have bent over and watched the lump form looking in between my legs.

I didn't have the luxury of getting to wear diapers as a child, so I had to wait until I was 16, had a car and a job before I could satisfy my curiosity. Yeah, I thought about it for a long time, but I eventually got up the courage to buy some diapers finally after so many years of not wearing them. I took a ride down to the local ShopKo and bought a package of Depend Overnights and an "Over the Hill" type birthday card just in case anyone asked any questions. I couldn't even wait until I got home to try them on, so I took a back country road home and parked the car at the end of a dead end road where no one lived. I proceeded to try to tape one of those things on outside in the dark and was having some issues not being able to see, but I eventually figured it out. I got home, went to my room and hid them in an old box for a computer monitor. So then it started...been buying regularly since then both in-store and online. Sure, my heart rate goes up a little when buying them, but I keep my cool pretty well and haven't ever had any problems.

Haha! 6 years ago, I was on a road trip by myself, stopped to camp overnight. Set up tent and then drove 1/2 hour to the nearest town. I spent 15 minutes deciding which store to go into, and finally chose the older less renovated Safeway. Damn I was so nervous I swear I was shaking visibly! So I went in and spent another 15 minutes getting the courage to grab the goods and go. Once I did, I just went up to the register and paid, the guy there said nothing, and I was back on my way to the campsite. Unfortunately, when I had a better look at the package, I realized they were XL pullups, and I had a 32" waist at the time! Well, I made due with what I had and disposed of the used ones in the fire. That was my first purchase. My second one ever should be arriving at my door in about a week.

I don't really remember the first time buying diapers, but believe I went to a neighboring town to a, then, Payless, and got their brand, not made anymore, and was nervous as all get out. I hid them in our garage away from prying eyes of the kids or wife, until sometime later I came out of the closet, so to speak, with the wife and we talked about my liking to wear and wet them. I was something that she had no interest in but allowed me to wear and use them. Then I started locking them in a two drawer file cabinet in our walkin closet. Once I ordered a case on line, but was shocked when they came in and the box was clearly marked Tena, adult briefs. The kids know for sure then, but no one said anything about them. I progressed to getting cloth diapers and covers, on line, and used them and disposables for sometime after my divorce, when I got myself a new girl friend and had to put that portion of my life on the back burner. Ah but for the memories.

Ah.. my first time .. i whipped out the good old debit card and ordered me up a case.. ain't us internet children spoiled?

*Is my grammar really that bad.. o.0 stupid accent creeping into my typing*

The first time that the thought of actually purchasing diapers for me was last year when I was seventeen. My parents were taking off for two weeks in Hawaii. I was off work by 6:00 p.m. I took a whole day researching what I would purchase, and when It actually came time for me to go over and buy them, I drove all the way to the other county. A good 45 min drive to hopefully make sure that nobody I knew noticed me. Once I was inside of the store, I grabbed the package of CVS fitted briefs and walked as fast as I could to the counter. The closest Drug store to where I live is a good 40 miles away...

My first time buying diapers: I was 8 and had saved money from my paper route. As soon as school let out I rode my bike to the grocery store choosing to ignore the feeling of my full bladder. I went to the aisle where the diapers were and picked up a box of Pampers toddler diapers. I brought them up to the till with my heart racing paid for them and left the store. I put the box of diapers in the paper carrier of my bike and was about to get on my bike when I noticed that I had wet myself a little with the excitement. I rode home desperate to pee and as I turned onto my block and was about to breathe a sigh of relief fate threw me a curve-ball. My next door neighbor was in front of her house watering her flowers and as I rode up she came over to talk to me. As she talked I could feel my bladder control lessen with every passing word, I wasn't even paying attention to what she was saying, I was focusing all my effort to not pee my pants but my concentration was broken when it registered that she had said, "Here comes your mom," and as mom pulled up and right in front of my neighbor I started pissing my pants and couldn't stop. Finding me pissing my pants and in possession of a box of Pampers that I had bought myself mom decreed that I would wear diapers 24/7 for the next 2 years.

• Like 1

My first time buying diapers:

You know, I'm not normally one to do this but the version of this story that you originally posted (and deleted, I guess, since it vanished) is completely different to the version there now. People naturally embellish and modify stories from long past a little bit but to go from "Dropped my bike in the middle of the driveway and raced up to my room, barely got the diaper on before I flooded it." to what's posted above now is a little far fetched. Why lie? People can see :P

• 9 years later...

I bought my first pack of diapers when i couldn't find a non-intrusive solution for my bedwetting problem. I tried them out and it was the best sleep i had gotten in years. Once i had experienced the relaxing feeling of not having anxiety about waking up wet i was kinda hooked on them?. I still wear to bed every day, but have recently also started wearing them like once or twice during the day to help with leaks?.

One of my first jobs was working at a grocery store. We had just gotten self checkout there and I wouldn't have had the courage to buy them without it. 

I've been studying the incontinence section of my store when nobody was looking for months...I knew right where they were and every step it took to go get them. Finally! My last break of the evening I go get an accomplice item from aisle 4, chips! "Am I really gonna do this???" I'm saying to myself. "Now or never" as my blood pressure climbs I swing around two aisles over and grab a pack of depends tape on briefs in a green and orange package. Hauling them away like I had just caught a raccoon by the tail I double time it to the front of the store before I am noticed! Relieved to see no customers or employees in sight at the register.

I get them in the doubled up grocery bag before the upc even shows up on the register and pay with my card. One last look to see if I made it and now my anxiety turns to excitement as I head to my truck and place them in my back seat. Wow, I had the best last few hours of work I ever had. Smiling at everyone, just knowing what I had to look forward to. 

On the ride home, I reached back and opened the pack to be 100% sure they were plastic backed....just like an addict testing the purity after the deal. Nowadays I just go and see Beth at the awesome local ABDL store with nowhere near as much anxiety but all the excitement ?

Went to Walgreens and bought some. Barely remember it.

What I remember more is going to a med supply store for the first time and talking through my needs with the salesperson. I was 18.