LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ever Thought Of Getting A Job Testing Adult Diapers?

Guest Diapered Jeff

Product Testing adult diapers  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to be a product tester for adult diapers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/Don't Know

Guest Diapered Jeff

I was looking at the videos section when the thought hit me, what if I were to be in a job where all I did was test adult diapers? I can see some pros and cons to it. The pros I think would be that I would get to wear as many diapers as I wanted to, and use them without fear, and get paid for it. The only cons I can think of would be I couldn't tell a soul in my friends & family circles what it is I do for a living, at least not specifically.

I guess if I were offered a job like this, I'd really have to think about it for a while. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Even if the job was not a QC position where you pull samples off the line to test for defects I doubt it would be fun. It would probably consist of getting a bag of diapers and being told what position to pee them in and get back to us with a report when you are done. Maybe even peeing in front of an infrared camera or a panel of experts.

I think some of the problems with the current diapers are they are tested in a labratory using simulated wettings and not true accounts. Maybe if a diaper company would actually spend the money on some better R&D such as paying a tester or providing a truly incontinent person with a supply of free diapers to test they'd be better. I could see the benefits and the problems with that though. It may be a biased decision because of the person, each persons size, shape may vary so you'd need an expansion of people to get a accurate test group. Also, you'd be relying on personally testimony and not facts unless you were required to have your diaper removed and examined right away but that would be difficult. Then each person would also have varying forms of incontinence to test. I suppose too many variables that'd throw the results so lab testing is probably there best bet and just general feedback from the users.

I tested the cushytoosh brand cloth diapers though and gave them a lot of feedback. I am kind of there diaper tester right now and they send me there new products to try. They worked on improving there design based on some of the feedback I gave and are comming out with a whole line of new products to test that should be virtually leak free pocket diapers. Can't wait.

There= Their, Comming = Coming, you people need to migrate over to Firefox with the built in spell check! Just kidding :P ...I would hate to see my posts if I didn't have Firefox, it's bad enough with my punctuation and grammar. My endless run on sentences..well anyway.

Anyway I believe we have a few members on here that have indeed been testers for the various markets of Adult Diapers. I haven't searched for the threads but I do remember someone commenting on testing for Depends I believe a few years ago. Not sure of how or if they were paid, but they were in direct contact with a company rep. most of the time. I think it would be pretty cool. I know I would have loved to been in contact with Attends when they put in the damn Micro-pore liner, and then again why they don't market a small diaper anymore that's worth a damn..but anyway. I have my Molicares now.

The first company that puts the absorption material in the wings is going to see a huge spike in sales and depending on which brand that does it, will probably dominate the market till the others fall in line. To me that is the biggest problem in adult care products and one I don't understand that has yet to be corrected. They could at least do it for the night time brands, taking in that they are now not doing it for any.

The first company that puts the absorption material in the wings is going to see a huge spike in sales and depending on which brand that does it, will probably dominate the market till the others fall in line. To me that is the biggest problem in adult care products and one I don't understand that has yet to be corrected. They could at least do it for the night time brands, taking in that they are now not doing it for any.

Couldn't agree more. I just don't understand how something so obvious doesn't get incorporated into a diaper. We've probably all been thinking about this for years and years and it seems diaper mfgs. don't have a clue about it or if they do they turn a blind eye.

That's part of the reason I like the Cushytoosh cloth diapers I got. The are stuffers so you can put a stuffer right up into the wings, front or back. It's a little different feel having some "bulk" on the sides. It really helps especially at night for side sleeping. I could see the benefits too though during they day. Yesterday while driving, my diaper leaked to my lap because it must have traveled towards the top of the diaper and ran out of absorbtion so went to the wing and since they're breathable briefs, right through to my jeans. Had to cut my plans short.

Sorry about the spelling, late at night, too lazy to spell check. The there thing I catch myself on a lot but miss it too, comming just didn't look right but ehh. Oh well. I usually copy it to word, spell check it and repaste it back.

Guest Diapered Jeff

Just curious on my part, but how does one go about being a product tester for adult diapers (if the job even exists anymore)? I know it's probably not advertised publicly, but I would like to know where to start. :)

It sure would be a great reason for wearing! AND you could work another job and still be testing diapers! For those of us who are otherwise silent about wearing, it might be a way to convince family that it would be OK. "Gee, Honey, I got this really weird job offer, but I think I can handle it! It might weird you out, but it will bring in some much needed extra cash. I hope it won't be too much for you..."

• Like 1

If they do do testing it won't be a full time position. All they'll do is contact some incon folk, and ask if they want to test some new designs for a little money and free samples. They'll get enough to say yes. How often do you need to test a nappy? Once every major design change or so. Same way they test alot of things...

They do real-life testing all the time, it's called market research, it pays very well because the only way you can be considered for the study is if you approach them. It also only happens after extensive lab studies, burn testing etc. BUT.. you don't necessarily have to be "incontinent" either.

When I worked for a market research company, we did a study on belted garments, and we screened participants by having them check boxed next to products they use daily. If adult diapers was one of them, they were automatically pre-qualified to participate in the study and it was offered to them. Never once did we ask them any other question about their need for diapers besides the preliminary "Do you use this product". We never cam out and made them prove they were incontinent nor did we ask.

Most people (including incon) were afraid to check yes (embarrassment). so the ones that did hit the jack pot. The study was 3 months long and paid $500-$1000 depending on level of participation, and included CASES of diapers. Unfortunatly I wasn't on that project, so I didn't get to administer the questionnaires.

• Like 2

Most people (including incon) were afraid to check yes (embarrassment). so the ones that did hit the jack pot. The study was 3 months long and paid $500-$1000 depending on level of participation, and included CASES of diapers. Unfortunatly I wasn't on that project, so I didn't get to administer the questionnaires.

Ok so it does pay well :X not enough to replace a job through :X

Most people on this site, well the ones that have been here a while have already been diaper testers, More than a few can tell you which diapers work well and which arn't worth bothering with.

People who use diapers to manage incontinence will have tried a few makes and models of diapers too.

I have been on a diaper testing programme run by a UK colledge who run a survey a few years ago to test absorbant products.

They supplied all kinds of products from pads through pull up's, to fitted briefs and even some cloth diapers and plastic pants.

It was an intersting experiance but as you had to stick with the same product for a few days at a time it could be a real trial

if you found the product on test not up to youre needs.

As for AB/DL testing diapers for research I could see the end result, The biggest most absorbant diaper ever, but no chance of ever being able

to set foot outside with it on as you would probibly need a bell tent to cover it-lol

In an ideal world: Sure. Of course in that fantasy world, I'd have a nice, cute female coworker to change me (and possibly to change, too ;) ) and discuss them with.

In the real world: No. This would at the very best become a tedious task, and at worst simply be one of those people in the lab doing the ineffective tests on them.

so the question is, guys - - How do we go about finding the right people to contact, and making ourselves known, and our services offered? We all post here, and our writing and descriptive abilities are here for the examining. All we need is free diaps, and the paperwork to go with 'em! P&G, KC, and Paperpak are all buyers of third-party absorbent product developments. Let's do a little digging and find out who the actual product developers are. . .

I would tend to believe that it would be best to go to the incontinent forums for Manufactures, if they have them. Kind of like the Depends board. I think they would much more likely find their candidates there or would be much more likely to view those boards than say ours here. But hey you never know. I'm quite sure that Bambinos and Classy Comfort, and ABU frequent here to see the responses on their products.

I was looking at the videos section when the thought hit me, what if I were to be in a job where all I did was test adult diapers? I can see some pros and cons to it. The pros I think would be that I would get to wear as many diapers as I wanted to, and use them without fear, and get paid for it. The only cons I can think of would be I couldn't tell a soul in my friends & family circles what it is I do for a living, at least not specifically.

I guess if I were offered a job like this, I'd really have to think about it for a while. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but diapers are tested scientifically in a lab under controlled conditions. Beakers are used to measure the amount of liquid a diaper can absorb. There are probably many other tests that are done using mechanical devices, such as stretching the outer waterproof layer, rubbing it to see how durable it is and likely to rip...or not to rip, tension of the elastic on the legs and waist, etc. It wouldn't be very accurate to tell someone "put this on and pee in it." Besides, lab tests are done to see the extreme limits and there has to be some NUMERICAL factor to show the outcome. How would anyone know how much you actually peed?

Now if only we could get them to use drug dealers in place of crash test dummies in the auto industry...

Guest Diapered Jeff

Sorry to burst your bubble, but diapers are tested scientifically in a lab under controlled conditions. Beakers are used to measure the amount of liquid a diaper can absorb. There are probably many other tests that are done using mechanical devices, such as stretching the outer waterproof layer, rubbing it to see how durable it is and likely to rip...or not to rip, tension of the elastic on the legs and waist, etc. It wouldn't be very accurate to tell someone "put this on and pee in it." Besides, lab tests are done to see the extreme limits and there has to be some NUMERICAL factor to show the outcome. How would anyone know how much you actually peed?

Now if only we could get them to use drug dealers in place of crash test dummies in the auto industry...

Well! Kinda took the fun right out of my curiosity now, didn't ya? :-) lol j/k I kinda figured that would be the case, but I was considering the idea if manufacturers send out product samples for people to test either for quality control, or to get an idea of how the new product would fare once released to the open market. But.... Oh well!

I have never tested adult diapers, but when I was a kid, I had Pampers tested on me. I had to lay on a glass table, while they stuck a tube in my diaper and pumped in a liquid. The people running the diaper test watched me to see if and where my diaper leaked. Mom was paid for the diaper tests with free Pampers. As a kid, I did not like the diaper tests. Anyone else have an experience like this?

Hm. Looks kinda familiar. Almost verbatim. . :

Diaper Testing

Posted 22 Sep 2009

My diaper fetish started when I was very young. I remember having diapers tested on me. I was maybe 3 or 4 when this happened. I would have a diaper on and I would have to lay on a glass table while lots of people looked on. They would stick a tube in my diaper and pump some kind of liquid in my diaper. They would then watch under the glass table for leaks, etc. Has anyone else had this experience? I think they were testing Pampers.

Both of your TWO posts are basically the same thing?

I've tried to find a job working for a medical supply company. I know I could sell diapers over the phone very well. After all, the best people to give advice on a product are people who really use it.

Unfortunately there are only so many big medical supply companies in the nation... and none in my area.

• 5 years later...

My diaper fetish started when i was young, i've always had a fasination with diapers, i always wore Pampers, they are my favorite. I'm now 41 and had a bladder and bowel problems due to medical issues, so i've got to wear diapers the rest of my life. I'd like to have a job testing diapers, because i've got to wear them anyway. I love my Pampers!!!!!!!!!!!

'I'm a test pilot for NASA'.........'Im a test pilot for depends' I'm pretty sure I know which pickup line will get the girl more often