LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pull Ups Vs Diapers

BBB

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely prefer a proper tape on nappy, even though when I first started wearing again, it was with the large Dry Nights pull-ups as they still fit me back then.

Once I discovered proper adult nappies, though, that was a complete game changer.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like pull-ups, but I can't fit into any since my hips are too big. The more adult pull-ups like depends are just... really unattractive, so I don't bother buying any. It's a shame really, because I like wearing as often as I can but I don't mess/wet often which is why I like the idea of pull-ups. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2009 at 2:27 PM, Kari said:

Definitely diapers.

Pull ups are nothing more than an overpriced glorified diaper.

And I hate cloth like covers.

Good question. :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more. 

Diapers ftw. 

Diapers are cuter, more absorbent, and more authentic. Pull-ups are good if you're pretending to be a little kid who's really struggling with potty training, or to be discreet, but there are good ways to make normal diapers discreet. 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pull-ups are great if you need to be serious. I just bought some very thick Abena ones and wore them to the gym this morning. Some may have noticed, but they don’t fall apart and absorb a LOT of wee. The trouble is if you need to change one whe out and about, you have to take your shoes and trousers/shorts off and that can be difficult in some public toilets. For me, my home made terry nappies are very absorbenr, discreet and remind me that I am just a little boy!

My experience is that if a garment is intended to contain pee or poop. it is a diaper! Those originally were tied or pinned on. These days diapers can be washable or disposable. They can pull-on, tape-on or pin on.

I am profoundly urinary incontinent yet my bowel control if fine, except when I am very sick. Since I am a woman who hardly ever wears slacks for work, pull-ons are practical for me, while they might not be best for a guy who does not wear skirts.

ABDL who have bladder control have a wide range of choices.

Hmm... I'd never understood how IC's (at last men) can use pull-ups. I mean - I have to change them... So with a pull-up it's complicated. To get a new ones on I would have to peel of my clothes.  This is very impractical. If the question would be pads vs. Diapers I would vote for pads as long as they work for the IC level because they are much easier to handle then diapers, how ever -  for my feeling pull-ups are just expensive and impractical. 

On 2/19/2019 at 7:46 AM, mick_dl said:

Hmm... I'd never understood how IC's (at last men) can use pull-ups. I mean - I have to change them... So with a pull-up it's complicated. To get a new ones on I would have to peel of my clothes.  This is very impractical. If the question would be pads vs. Diapers I would vote for pads as long as they work for the IC level because they are much easier to handle then diapers, how ever -  for my feeling pull-ups are just expensive and impractical. 

Pull-ups work well as long as you don’t flood them, constant leaking is fine. It’s the changing that is difficult. I spend most of my life in shorts (like a little boy should) which I can take off in a public loo with little difficulty. However, I always carry with my a spare pull-up and a disposable nappy just in case it is more difficult. After all these years I still get a kick out of changing a nappy away from home. All that said I only ever do #1 and never #2 in a nappy, I am a bit toilet trained.

I've used pull-ups tactically for very short gaps in my 24x7 phase.  They are good in a gym and maybe when you need to change but don't want to waste a "good" nappy because you know you'll be changing again in an hour or two for a shower or whatever.

Even in the 1 - 2 hours between gym and getting home, they don't feel that safe.  Even though I am using expensive (and allegedly high capacity) Molicare ones.  I also don't find them very comfortable, or very economical.

One decent pee and you'd have wet legs for sure.

I've seen them used as a kind of default underwear in aged care institutions and I've always wondered how much extra cleaning up the staff need to do because of pull-ups.

For anything more than the odd dribble in my experience, they just don't work.  They seem like a better idea than they actually are if you are properly incontinent.  YMMV.

• 2 months later...

We have had this in some of my other IC groups and out of like 400 responses 398 said diapers ,pull up don't do urine well and can't handle BMs period , shit all over in pull ups.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I love both!

Pullups/drynites/goodnites are generally more sexual for me as hug me closer down there, and go more squishy when wet. Can be a comfort too.

Adult diapers especially abdl ones hold ALOT more, make me feel more babyish and are thicker. More a comfort,but can be sexual too.

Although my skinny ass can fit 5-6 drynites/goodnites at once for added bulk...xD

• 4 weeks later...
Which do you prefer?Pull Ups or Diapers?     

Good “Pull Ups” like these attends (left) are great when I’m close to home during the daytime. But as a heavy wetter (total incontinence) I need to have them changed way too often. So I agree with those who say that “Diapers” (right) are preferred most of the time and for many of the same reasons stated above. IMG_6001.thumb.jpg.1ab47ca290856010e46708285f62a3bc.jpgWearing Attends PullUp on Left and

Wearing Diaper With Tabs On Right.   

I have two gripes about pull-ups. 

1. I have to remove shoes and pants to change. Not easy on a restroom stall. 

2. They must be changed too often compared to adult diapers. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

While I Love my Pampers, yes I can fit in Pampers, Pull-up are fun too. I have "Hello Kitty" easy-ups that are sooo cute. I also recently got "Parents Choice" training pants from Walmart and absolutely LOVE them. They fit better than the easy-ups and I have worn them for 14 hours with no problems. Since they are "training pants" I always make my way to the potty when I have to tinkle unless I'm feeling naughty.  Of course, being they are made for toddlers I wont dare wet them more than once.

IMGP0184s.thumb.jpg.94db77d7f8d9d4b5816f8fe7665aec02.jpg677671461_IMGP8778s(1).thumb.jpg.22bba53931ccb5bee7a2b3eb8b615bac.jpgIMGP9925.thumb.jpg.fbf3197993f428951b2a01438cc03269.jpgIMGP9927.thumb.jpg.86388c38a3ba8c56f9aada739a987fc0.jpgIMGP6583s.thumb.jpg.d3e0a6abdd2205923cf1a48abec44d91.jpgIMGP6628s.thumb.jpg.28c3f7186935f338a5f7d827d3501cf5.jpgIMGP6633s.thumb.jpg.2c6f2613526ff1166c7e36bc9a3f2a37.jpg

Either. It depends on how i'm feeling :) 

15 hours ago, Little Baby Becca said:

While I Love my Pampers, yes I can fit in Pampers, Pull-up are fun too. I have "Hello Kitty" easy-ups that are sooo cute. I also recently got "Parents Choice" training pants from Walmart and absolutely LOVE them. They fit better than the easy-ups and I have worn them for 14 hours with no problems. Since they are "training pants" I always make my way to the potty when I have to tinkle unless I'm feeling naughty.  Of course, being they are made for toddlers I wont dare wet them more than once.

IMGP0184s.thumb.jpg.94db77d7f8d9d4b5816f8fe7665aec02.jpgIMGP0193s.thumb.jpg.175c05507fdbdb216de42095275a37c3.jpg677671461_IMGP8778s(1).thumb.jpg.22bba53931ccb5bee7a2b3eb8b615bac.jpgIMGP9923.thumb.jpg.7dd2d3fb159e0fcc884b3bf066826bf9.jpgIMGP9925.thumb.jpg.fbf3197993f428951b2a01438cc03269.jpgIMGP9927.thumb.jpg.86388c38a3ba8c56f9aada739a987fc0.jpgIMGP6583s.thumb.jpg.d3e0a6abdd2205923cf1a48abec44d91.jpgIMGP0069s.thumb.jpg.3dc1682c23cff5c91317e43ccd30550c.jpgIMGP6628s.thumb.jpg.28c3f7186935f338a5f7d827d3501cf5.jpgIMGP6633s.thumb.jpg.2c6f2613526ff1166c7e36bc9a3f2a37.jpg

Those Pampers (with the tapes) look like old Pampers from around a decade ago :) My little brother (born 2008) used to wear ones just like that as a baby