LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pull Ups Vs Diapers

BBB

18 hours ago, Rachel Emily said:

Diapers--Attends disposables during the day, cloth at night. Though to be honest, if it were financially possible, I'd wear cloth 24/7.

Wondering why you said "financially possible." Cloth diapers are reusable; disposables cost more and are not. I buy diaper flannel for around $4 a yard. Cloth diapers will last indefinitely. Waterproof pants are an added expense, but they, too, are washable and reusable. I also make soaker panels out of Zorb--once again, they can be washed, dried, and reused. I've never tried a disposable diaper, but I'd imagine that cloth diapers are more comfortable. Of course being born in 1959, that's what I wore as a baby.

• Like 1

Perhaps the economic cost of diapering varies from person to person. If a person has private washing and drying machines, then the out of pocket money for detergent, water and heating might not be a lot per load. Need a coin laundry and here in Southern California the average price is USA$1.50 per wash and USA$1.50 for 45 minutes of drying, and usually it takes 60 minutes of drying.

I prefer to sleep in cotton gauze diapers, because that is how I grew up. Only such diapers enhance my AB experience. But I realize that although I own my washing equipment, my time doing the washing has a cost. So, nearly 3 years ago I started using DyDee diaper service. They claim to recycle water and recover heat from used water. The cash cost for my DyDee service is less than better disposables.

7 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Wondering why you said "financially possible." Cloth diapers are reusable; disposables cost more and are not. I buy diaper flannel for around $4 a yard. Cloth diapers will last indefinitely. Waterproof pants are an added expense, but they, too, are washable and reusable. I also make soaker panels out of Zorb--once again, they can be washed, dried, and reused. I've never tried a disposable diaper, but I'd imagine that cloth diapers are more comfortable. Of course being born in 1959, that's what I wore as a baby.

I said that because cloth prefolds for me cost about $30 apiece. I have no sewing machine--no sewing skill, really--so sewing my own is out. The apartment bloc I live in has one small washer for six people, and it can handle only two, maybe three prefold diapers at a time, (Some of my diapers are thicker than others). Any more and they don't get fully clean, and they come out soaking wet (the spin cycle can't handle the amount). That means I have to put them in the dryer longer.

5 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

Perhaps the economic cost of diapering varies from person to person. If a person has private washing and drying machines, then the out of pocket money for detergent, water and heating might not be a lot per load. Need a coin laundry and here in Southern California the average price is USA$1.50 per wash and USA$1.50 for 45 minutes of drying, and usually it takes 60 minutes of drying.

I prefer to sleep in cotton gauze diapers, because that is how I grew up. Only such diapers enhance my AB experience. But I realize that although I own my washing equipment, my time doing the washing has a cost. So, nearly 3 years ago I started using DyDee diaper service. They claim to recycle water and recover heat from used water. The cash cost for my DyDee service is less than better disposables.

Echoing some of the others, if there was a proper "adult" pull-up that worked as well as premium diapers do and fit the whole AB/little niche (meaning made more like the ones in child's sizes), I'd grab a bunch of those in a heartbeat for while I'm awake. Got to have my regular diapers at night though.

• 4 months later...

I like baby diapers when I am feeling really little. But when I feel like a big kid, I change into pull ups. However if I wet or mess my pull ups, they are off and the baby diaper is on.

I would have to choose adult diapers. I just like being able to adjust it myself, to make it more of a tight, secure, fit. And i love the thickness of adult diapers, while pull-ups are almost the same as wearing underwear, they just don't feel as good.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...