LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can You Have Dl Without Ab?

Frogboy

My wife and I recently explored the AB side on me. she diapered me, fed me a bottle, and used a very mothering tone in her voice. I'm usually into diapers as a humiliating BD/SM kind of thing, but I still found this to be a turn on. It's definately fun to explore and see what works and what doesn't.

I just wish there was a clear definition between DL and AB. AB's can claim to be DL. However for the DL crowd there are many that don't want any connection to the Adult Baby side. I'm happy to wear diapers but I have no desire to relive my baby side. But what frustrates me is that there is no term that states "I'm only a diaper lover".

Now as I say that, I write age regression stories. I have no interest in being a baby, just writing about being forced to be one.

funny thing for me is someone being a baby is a turn off for me, however the dominance and power/submission is a total turn on for me.

That is pretty much how I feel. I think my age regression writing is focused mostly around that theme.

Well sure you can be a dl without the ab. I am one. What I find curious is that nobody has mentioned plastic or rubber pants and that there is no shorthand for a "plastic pants lover". I am personally an RPL - rubber pants lover. Though for me, "rubber pants" means rubber or plastic and I enjoy both.

Until I ran into the dl thing on the net back in the nineties I had really zero interest in diapers per se. Rubber pants?, yes, totally, from the age of like three and a half. And I think that is likely true for a lot of people. Now, years later, I enjoy the diaper aspect too but only with a nice smoothm secure pair of rubber/and or plastic pants over.

Somebody said that DLs were primarily fetishists - ie, stimulated by a particular object or material or piece of clothing. I agree with that as a generalization. Now, admittedly, this fetish if for a diaper of some kind for a great many DLs. But when you look at the kind of imagery out there for the enjoyment of the abdl community you have to notice that plastic and rubber pants are big compared with diaper only pics. That can't all be just because, from the forties (and before) thru the eighties, most mothers used "cloth diapers and rubber pants" and so that's what we "expect" to see in ageplay imagery. There has to be a big fetishistic component there.

Again, the number of stories, fiction and real histories, that recount the "borrowing" of rubber/plastic pants from siblings or clotheslines or wherever is big.

So, if I am half-way right about this, is the "DL" apellation dominant simply because people find it easier and less kinky to describe themselves as "DLs" than as "RPLs" or "PPLs"? Curious to hear opinions on this.

sunsoul - your dedicated RPL

"technically rubber and latex are a separate fetish however to each their own."

Indeed, technically. But wouldn't you agree that plastic/rubber is a very common theme in abdl writing and imagery? Sure looks that way to me. Still, discussion here rarely acknowledges this and I simply wonder why that is so.

"Everyone tries to label themselves. Who really cares."

Firstly, I think that labelling and naming are very significant human behaviours. Secondly, I was trying to say something I find significant. "Who really cares", as a response, is not worth putting in print. It is simply a put down, nothing more.

"technically rubber and latex are a separate fetish however to each their own."

Indeed, technically. But wouldn't you agree that plastic/rubber is a very common theme in abdl writing and imagery? Sure looks that way to me. Still, discussion here rarely acknowledges this and I simply wonder why that is so.

"Everyone tries to label themselves. Who really cares."

Firstly, I think that labelling and naming are very significant human behaviours. Secondly, I was trying to say something I find significant. "Who really cares", as a response, is not worth putting in print. It is simply a put down, nothing more.

label- human

name: well since a few of you already know, Al

Cleaning instructions: Dry clean only

There I think that helps. B)

I wouldn't say its that commen, only in terms of rubber/plastic pants and only then because they're what you need to stay water proof :P. I think you're confusing plastic/rubber fetish, and a liking for wearing cloth nappies that need plastic/rubber pants.

The desire to label things and try to fit oneself into a definitionary box is a very human response. We try to categorize everything that we see, put under certain columns so our mind can process them. The label is often very comforting to be able to look at...it helps us to define who we are. That said, labels that are out there to describe a community of folks often are imcomplete because they don't completely define every person in that group. Ours is one such example. There are 100% AB's, and 100% DL's who hate to be identified with the other side of the spectrum at all. Then there are those that are somewhere in the middle of the two. There are those that like cloth, disposables, rubber pants, no waterproof pants, training pants, spankings and being tied up, no bondage at all, and any mixture of the above. Although its imperfect, I really think that that the label we have given to ourselves is the best. It recognizes all sides of our community, without making any more or less of any part of it.

We are humans, and as humans we are infinitely diverse, a gift from our Creator God. To try to box in that diversity entirely is......impossible.

That was insightful and true.

I agree mention of plastic or rubber covers seem somewhat common in stories and in communities and whatnot, but part of the reason they're not discussed much is because...

I don't care for them, so I don't talk about them ^^" All those stories and pictures are ones I don't care to read or look at, so the fact that they have a presence in the "fandom" just happens to be entirely unrelated to me.

Some people here are trying to precisly define something that is not definable. A human being can be precisly defined as being in a type of human being, but the individual human, being individual cannot be precisly defined. Correspondingly, neither can its interests.

Using the phrase 'I am a DL but NOT an AB' is incorrect since it relies on the precise definiton of two conceptual behaviour patterns.

Eveyone in the world has some infantile tendencies. That does not state that everyone in the world is an 'AB'. It does state that someone with the a conceptual behaviour pattern leaning towards DL must also have some infantile tendencies since the 'someone' is a part of 'everyone in the world'.

As I stated earlier, the conceptual behaviour pattern classes as DL is also part of the conceptual behaviour pattern classed as AB. It is specific emotions and wants / needs at the time that changes ones choices based on what they know or have experienced.

Simply, a person will want to, at some stage in their life, try to regress, act and behave in a stereotypical infantile manner, may want/need diapers and/or cuddling and/or bottles and/or other sterreotypical behaviour patterns of a chronological baby.

Some people here are trying to precisly define something that is not definable. A human being can be precisly defined as being in a type of human being, but the individual human, being individual cannot be precisly defined. Correspondingly, neither can its interests.

Exactly, everyone tries to find there titles in life or categorize themselves nomatter what it is. Say, calling themselves middle class when they make 100k a year and on the other hand someone else may call themselves middle class and make 30k a year. It's all in the person and there own definition of what it is like ab or dl.

This reminds me of the Cheers episode where Woody goes to ask Sam for a raise so Sam pretends that he is afraid that Woody is going to ask him for a Title. So thinking that he is getting the better of the two walks away with a title instead of a raise. Here it was more important to have a title and a lot of people in the working world like having a title but probably cross boundries in there job that could be others say, a receptionist who took out the trash and swept the floor doesn't get a new title of receptionist/janitor.

A title is just that, if you need one, find one that fits you closest but not excactly as that would likely prove impossible. It's a little easier to say your an ab if most of what you do is ab. Easier than saying an adult baby that likes plastic, rubber, cloth diapers, bottles, spankings, domination, etc. Just an ab.

I'm strictly DL I always wondered what it would be like to use a diaper. When I was 16 I made a diaper out of a bath towel, 3 pairs of fruit of the loom and a plastic bag with leg hole cut into it and went snowmobiling with no piss breaks and no leaks :) So hear I an now, never afraid to do anything diapered, I still think my original homemade diaper is better that anything I can buy @ Wall-greens!