LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Are Kids In Such A Rush To Grow Up?

Anyone here in a rush to grow up when they were kids? If so, why?

Some kids are in a rush to grow up. I bet lot of them are because look at their shoes and clothing and underwear. All mini adult clothes. I even notice it in toddler clothing. What's changed?

When I was a kid, kids in my school were in such a rush to grow up. I saw 5th and 6th graders wearing make up when I was in 4th grade and kids in my grade thought they were too old for dolls and toys and too old to do jump rope and stuff, so all they wanted to do was chit chat which I found boring. Sometimes they do jump rope but most of the time they wanted to chit chat. One of my friends still played with dolls but she denied it in school.

Why is it that kids are in such a rush to grow up? Could it be because they don't like being told what to do and they see how grownups can eat whatever they want, go where ever they want, watch whatever they want or go to bed whenever they want and they want that same right so they maybe figure if they act grown up, their parents will treat them like they are older?

What if grown ups stopped telling their kids what to do like go to bed, take a bad, what clothes to wear, etc. maybe they won't be in such a rush to grow up and they will enjoy being kids and not trying to act all grown up. But then what good would that do, kids aren't capable of making the right choices so parents have to do it for them. They help their kids make the right decisions growing up and understand the consequences of their choices so when they reach a certain age, they get more freedom because they are old enough to understand the consequences of their choices they make. Like if they stay up too late, they are too tired the next day to go to school so they are capable of understanding they need to go to bed early so they get a good nights sleep and they won't be so tired in school the next day. Or if they wear the same clothes to school, kids will think they are a nerd and stuff so they know to not wear the same clothes everyday or else they get judged.

As a kid I wanted to grow up but I wasn't in any rush. I noticed what kids could do that grown ups can't do and then I got scared of growing up because society takes things away from you like playing in playlands at fast food restaurants, taking away kids menus, no more Easter egg hunts, no more trick o treating, and you are expected to work not play and people expect more things out of you. That's why I wished I were retarded so I wouldn't have to worry about growing up and I could live at home for the rest of my life and not work and stuff. Now I don't wish that anymore because I might not be able to drive or get married or have kids and get my own freedom. I am fully aware retarded people can live normal lives and some get married and have kids and few can drive depending on how mild their retardation is. People with borderline MR can live normal lives and live the way just like the rest of us do. But yes they still get in trouble with the law if they commit a crime and if they are found unfit to stand trial, they are still locked away but it's in a institution or something. That's what happened to this autistic guy in February when his mother was found injured in her home and she died in the hospital from head injuries. The guy was accused of beating his mother and he was found unfit to stand trial because not only was he autistic, he also had a mind of a two year old and he could hardly talk. Google "Sky walker" or "autistic teen charged for killing his mother" for more information. So I am glad to not have a mind of a young child or else I be declared a danger to society if I was incapable of understanding my actions because of my low IQ. Having a mind of a young child doesn't give you a out of free jail card. You still get locked away but it won't be prison of course.

PS you can still have fun when you're a grown up but you still have responsibilities.

Many people don't parent their children. They let the TV or video games do the baby sitting, and someone else (day care) is raising the children. No body wants to be the "house wife" since women's lib became such a big deal. Most families have more than one income just because of it. When they have kids the career woman refuses to quit her job to raise her baby, so someone else has to.

Flame me if you want, but it's all true. And don't give me the "we need two jobs to survive". If you do need both jobs, you are living beyond you financial means.

If parents would take responsibility for raising the kids, and fathers took the accountability to support the family, kids would be much better off and have better morals and integrity.

Flame me if you want, but it's all true. And don't give me the "we need two jobs to survive". If you do need both jobs, you are living beyond you financial means.

i make 10k a year so not everyone can afford to live with one salary. someone i work with makes less than me per hour and just became a single mom (never married).

I still have teenagers. One of them is married.

Teens think that it is so bad to be under the control of parents, they can't wait to leave the nest. Things happened quickly and now I am a grandfather again.

I love my children and grandchildren. I still love them and wish they would listen to reason. They jump out of the boiling water into the fire.

Young people think they know everything! The older I get the more I realize what I don't know. That still doesn't change the fact that I am old, crankey and opinionated as hell. I am set in my ways. The only "change" I can deal with has to do with a diaper!

I don't know. My baby sister (turning 11 years old tomorrow) got a touch screen cellphone with a full keyboard on it for an early birthday present. I'm chronologically 21 and I have never had a cell phone or an MP3 player. Among all the other things she has...and then, she always complains she's bored.

~ moogle

Kids who wanna grow up faster typically have bad childhoods, asshole parents, and/or are treated according to the "children are to be seen and not heard" rule. One of the things that's changed for the better, for me, is that now my folks have to pay me to get me to work for them. Kids don't have the capacity to properly perceive what it's going to be like to be an adult. The general perception is that the adults are the ones who make all the rules and can do whatever they want, whenever they want with no consequences. Parents get away with stealing kids' food and drink (and sometimes their money). So, their kids think that if they're adults, they can steal other people's stuff.

Basically the reason kids are in such a hurry to grow up and be adults now is that our societies are pushing them to be mini-adults almost from age 4. I teach kindergarten and early elementary school ESL in Korea, and I can tell you that parents here force their kids to grow up. Its not always a case of the kids wanting to grow up....its the parents wanting them to be mini-adults. They forget that kids need to be kids, and don't want to take the time to raise them correctly, train them up in the paths they need to go, and let them enjoy their formative years. Theres no need to put that much stress on them. When I read about sex-ed classes that want to teach kids about masturbation as young as 5, I'm horrified because there does need to be such a thing as innocence.

I blame it on a combination of society and the parents.....let kids be kids, and I doubt we'd have as many issues with young adults as we are seeing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TBinthehoodie

well with me i didn't have a bad childhood BUT i didn't have a good childhood as well but my dad left when i was one so my mom was a single parent and i was more in tune at the time with my grand parents but i had 2 grow up to help my mom later on. and now that i look at it as much as i want 2 b a kid again (not as in AB/DL) but i think there's more fun as an adult at times then a kid. because with being a kid your limited but innocent and care free. but as an adult ur unlimited but has alot more more responsibility. but i still wanna b AB/DL though i lack a mommy to do that...... among other supplies. but still my hope is that if i find a mommy that can be my girlfriend and eventually start a family eventually. but back on topic i agree with Yvhuce on what he pointed out.

When I was a kid I wanted to grow up so fast so I could drive. Then when I was old enough to get a license, I learned that I had to pay for car insurance, repairs, and gas. (Oh--and buy the car!) It wasn't fun anymore. I think kids are in a hurry to grow up because they aren't aware of all the responsibilities that go along with growing up. They see adults able to make their own decisions, but they don't know that on top of it, adults have to work, pay bills, and take responsibility for their actions. No wonder there is an AB/DL web site for those of us who now want to go back. (Not gonna give up my cars even though it is expensive to drive).

When I was growing up, I was in a major rush to get older. It was what I wanted the most. Couldn't wait to get old enough to drive, stay up as late as I want, etc. It was all that perception you have as a kid that "when I get older, I can do whatever I want" & "I don't have to listen to my parent's rules anymore". Now that I'm an adult and look back.......really makes me wish I could go back and do it all over again.....in that I could really take my time to enjoy my childhood and enjoy being a kid....rather than wishing to be older.

i was the odd one..never wanted to grow up, cryed on the night befor my 16th birthday, i felt that it would be the day i grew up...my mother just held me most of that night and said i had to grow up....i felt i was made to...

i look at my sister inlaw...and she has lots of things...everythig in fact....she is so grown up, and yet no cares of adult things loke money and work,and most things....is this why she so keen??

i had worries grownig up, i knew what hard times were like, i didint get the latest toys and clothes....is that why i dont want to grow up??

hugs

juniper

xxx

i had worries grownig up, i knew what hard times were like, i didint get the latest toys and clothes....is that why i dont want to grow up??

I know that well, but was in a hurry to grow up, anyway... Perhaps you've got more fond memories of childhood than many of us do? Or have/had more affectionate parents? Who knows, for sure? The mind is mysterious, despite what people claim to know about it...