LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can'T Wet The Bed - Gah

surprised

Tomorrow I'm having surgery. Last night I was in too much pain to want to move, but had to go to the bathroom twice. I would have gladly let go lying down, but I just can't make this happen. It must be a gravity thing - have no trouble letting go sitting up. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Hi surprised,

I've never been able to wet the bed even when my bladder's about the burst. Its annoying! I mean, I think there's a physical stoppage, as in a muscle that causes the urethra to stop up when lying down. I cannot seem to even force the pee out when lying down, either on my back or on sides or face down. Funny thing - I used to be a bed wetter! Now I'd love to have this problem. Are there any nurses or physicians in the house?

When I get my feet under me it comes out just fine. I'm full continent but I prefer to use my diapers without thinking about it. If there were a way, without internal catheterization that is, to just go peepee when I'm diapered and in bed and asleep, I'd be very happy to give it a long term attempt to make this happen.

I've got SocalAB's Great Self-Hypnosis mp3 on my computer. Wondering, if I were to buy a portable mp3 player and use it while sleeping - would this help with this particular issue?

How can I become a bed wetter?

Hi surprised,

I've never been able to wet the bed even when my bladder's about the burst. Its annoying! I mean, I think there's a physical stoppage, as in a muscle that causes the urethra to stop up when lying down. I cannot seem to even force the pee out when lying down, either on my back or on sides or face down. Funny thing - I used to be a bed wetter! Now I'd love to have this problem. Are there any nurses or physicians in the house?

When I get my feet under me it comes out just fine. I'm full continent but I prefer to use my diapers without thinking about it. If there were a way, without internal catheterization that is, to just go peepee when I'm diapered and in bed and asleep, I'd be very happy to give it a long term attempt to make this happen.

I've got SocalAB's Great Self-Hypnosis mp3 on my computer. Wondering, if I were to buy a portable mp3 player and use it while sleeping - would this help with this particular issue?

How can I become a bed wetter?

I have the same ANNOYING problem, seems like no matter HOW hard I try I can't eek out a drop unless I'm somwehat vertical. I can't even pee sitting upright, it's like a mental thing. Unless I'm going #2 on the toilet, I can't get out a drop. Even then sometimes I'll finish #2, and stand up and get the urge to pee.

Most of the time I can pee laying in almost any position but sometimes I'm much the same as you. The things I've tried which help :

Spread your legs apart slightly (you'll find the right distance for you if this works for you)cool.gif

Lay face down with legs spread (Can't explain why but it helps me)thumbsup.gif

Stand up, start peeing and keep going as you jump into bed quickly (wearing a diaper of course!) laugh.gif

Think only of how much you want to do it and how good it will be till it happens biggrin.gif

Since there doesn't seem to be any physical component in this with me, all I can conclude is that it's something mental- brace yourself: potty training still at work huh.gif With me it helps a lot to already be wet before going to bed, then there's no need to try to stay dry so some of the mental block is erased rolleyes.gif Also over-hydrating so that I will have to pee during the night, then not getting out of bed till morning period, no matter how uncomfortable it is. Eventually you will pee even if it takes hours- and the next time you'll remember it and it will take less time smile.gif After about a year I've reached a point where on the worst nights it takes me 3-4 minutes before I can pee angry.gif But on the best nights I hardly wake up and I'm already peeing wub.gif And occasionally I will wake up soaked not remembering waking up as it happened.sleep.gif Those are the very best nights!!!

Keep at it long enough, keep trying different things, and you'll get there eventually

Bettypooh

Put something on top of the sheets to protect them from any 'leaks' (even though it probably won't happen) like a disposable bed pad or something. That should help overcome the "I'm gonna soak the bed, gotta clamp down" reflex. Other than that, take it slow, transition from peeing sitting to laying down slowly. Also, just a touch of your favourite alcoholic tipple might just help take the edge off the nervous reflexes too.

Im in the same boat , im currently lying down , watching a movie . Trying to relax as much as i can to see if i can wet lying down (im diapered) and its tough . even though i know im diapered , im telling myself im diapered , trying to relax and it still wont flow yet my bladder is about ready to burst.

and what doesnt make sense is i constantly have dreams where im wetting a diaper in many different ways , sittings , standing , driving , lying down etc and wake up on the verge of wetting the bed. i guess it just takes sometimes . but im living with parents so i cant exactly cover my bed with plastic and get thicker diapers .

I find I have an easier time peeing if I reposition myself so the inside of the diaper is not touching my skin, and I initially pee into this empty space between my skin and the diaper. Once the diaper is slightly wet, I have much less trouble peeing directly into it. I have to pee in a few installments--I can't just empty my bladder all at once like I would on the toilet.

Going into a kneeling or squatting position helps, too (though this might not apply to guys so much).

It's weird I have no problems sitting and peeing or standing, but no matter how hard I try I just can't pee laying down. I know it doesn't have anything to do with mental for me, specially when wearing an Abena XPlus. I have even laid there with it getting painful for awhile, but don't want to injure myself by holding it to long. If I get up on my hands and knees it is no problem, but no matter what if I'm laying flat on my side/back/stomach it just doesn't come out.

Sometimes i can go while kneeling i usually have to find something to take my attention away from trying to wet my diapers , for instance one day i was just playing some video games and stopped to try and pee my diaper , i gave up and continued on playing , i was lying on the floor went to change positions to sitting and when i knelt it just came out without me even trying as my concentration was on the game . That was the one and only time ive wet involuntarily.

im hoping to succeed tonight as im going to bed double diapered.

I've just let 'er rip a few times while laying down, however it's that sudden sensation of hot liquid (well warm) hitting the butt crack that freaks me out, so usually i can't go unless i'm standing. Sorry if that was TMI, however that's probably what most people who don't lay down to go are thinking.

I'd have to stand in front of toilet at 1st wetting my diaper. Then after that I'd sit up in bed when I felt the urge; but had to raise my fanny up alittle to go. After awhile lowering alittle more eachtime I got where I can go laying down. When I want to wet while sleeping I drink a pot of coffee or cola (lots of caffiene) then lots of water b4 bed.

Tomorrow I'm having surgery. Last night I was in too much pain to want to move, but had to go to the bathroom twice. I would have gladly let go lying down, but I just can't make this happen. It must be a gravity thing - have no trouble letting go sitting up. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

I started standing up. And as soon as it goes, ly down again.

That sure worked for me.

Due my accident and incontinence (thats how I found out about the ab/dl's) I would reconsider wanting to leak while laying down. I have woken up so many times to find out that I have leaked everywhere. If your penis moves, then you will leak, if your diaper stretches to much you will leak, if you lay on your stomach to long you will leak for sure, so you all can have the peeing while laying down all you want....it sucks!

I have tried every possible combination to not leak, and it still happens, then I gotta' deal with the gf, and waking her up!!

Due my accident and incontinence (thats how I found out about the ab/dl's) I would reconsider wanting to leak while laying down. I have woken up so many times to find out that I have leaked everywhere. If your penis moves, then you will leak, if your diaper stretches to much you will leak, if you lay on your stomach to long you will leak for sure, so you all can have the peeing while laying down all you want....it sucks!

I have tried every possible combination to not leak, and it still happens, then I gotta' deal with the gf, and waking her up!!

Have you tried cloth diapers? I know people on here have said that it is the only way they don't leak at night. So you have tried the quado booster with Bambinos? Or Abena with their booster or the Quado booster. Only put one booster in though, I have found that more doesn't leave enough room and so you will start to leak out the sides. If you haven't tried that give it a try as I think pretty much everyone agrees those are the two top diapers and if they don't work then you certainly will have to go to cloth, which you can pretty much make to soak up anything as you just make them as thick as you need them, might need a pillow though between the legs to sleep comfortably if you have them really thick.

Guest YkDave

Ive had the same issues over the past few years bud...

Years ago, i used to be able to wet the bed like nothing (and have REAL accidents, of course at the worst timing also...), then for whatever reason over the last few years i really have to try and try HARD to wet while laying down, even if my bladder is ready to blow up. I guess for whatever reason their is something in the back of my mind thats just saying "no"

Huh, this is my first reply since the forum has been redone, just goes to show how much I post now-a-days. On to the topic about wetting while laying down. I had a topic I started over a year ago based on this very same thing in which I put a LOT of thought and research into. So may I shed some light onto what it troubling you guys.

The process of wetting has many steps to it that we don't realize. The first of which is subconcious control over the bladder's ability to squeeze and simultaniously open the internal sphicter, releasing urin into the upper urethra. The pressure of the bladder squeezing the urin out causes the urethra above the external sphicter to expand slightly and applies pressure to the external sphicter aswell. That is where we get the 'urge' to go when we stand up and stuff... Well that little segment is the part that we're missing when we lay down. If you're not in the usual urinating position, the subconcious doesn't initiate this first phase, so the urin get's 'locked' inside the bladder. The only way to get the subconcious to initiate this first phase, is to get into a position that the subconcious knows it is 'allowed/able/and usually' able to wet in.

The rest of this process continues as a concious deal between the external sphicter and the brain in the form of the yes/no question to the brain: "I feel pressure, should I relax and let it flow?" And THAT is the ONLY controllable part of urination that we get....and the only part of the process of urination that we know about.

So to sum it all up in a basic 'how-to' format:

step 1. Lay down with full bladder

Step 2. sit up or kneel until you 'get the urge'

Step 3. start going a little and immediately lay back down and finish.

Step 4. Repeat as much as you can until your subconcious recognizes the 'laying down' position as a possible urination possition.

Caution on above steps: Don't let your bladder get TOO full or it will apply pressure on the kidneys, resulting in decreased kidney health or failure. Your kidneys will give out way before your bladder's neck (internal sphicter) gives out.

You all want a diagram or some form of visualization? search google for phrases similar to 'urinary tract diagram' detailed diagrams are far and few in between, but they are out there...and horribly graphic. Hope all that brain-food helps in your quest to wet the bed.